Textbox value automatically selected, How?

This has to be a simple one.

When opening a userform I would like the value stored in the firs
textbox to be selected. Therefore I can just start typing over th
current value. Currently I have to click and drag the mouse over th
old value to select it

Kevlar

Try

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
Me.TextBox1.SelStart = 0
Me.TextBox1.SelLength = Len(Me.TextBox1)
End Su

That works well. Thanks

Now, how do I get the list of choices in a listbox to default to th
top ite

Option Explicit
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
    Me.ListBox1.ListIndex = 0
End Sub

"Kevlar <" wrote:

> That works well. Thanks
>
> Now, how do I get the list of choices in a listbox to default to the
> top item
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Formatting multiple values
Hi, I have been using conditional formatting (see formulas below)t highlight the 3 largest values in a column; the largest =red, 2n largest=green & 3rd largest =blue. A problem arises if there ar multiple entries of values. For example, if the largest value appear numerous times Excel will highlight them all in red & ignore the secon & third place values. If two cells contain the largest value, it wil highlight those in red, one cell with the second largest value, ignore everything else. How can I make ALL cells with the larges value=red, ALL second largest=green, ALL third large...

OUTLOOK 2003 CRASH AFTER DROP DOWN LIST SELECTION
SOLUTION... ---The solution to the below issue is the following.. ---The WindowsShell.manifest file is missing from C:\Windows folder. Find another workstation or server where this file exists and copy it over. Each time I select a drop down list in the Tool Option window, outlook crash and show the standard message to restart Outlook and send report to Microsoft. This append for differents drowp down list like Message Format, Signature selection, Language selection etc. In the Eventviewer I can see that failing module is user32.dll I tried everything like recreate the profile, reinst...

Conditional Formating a range by a specific cell value
I have 20 columns and 300 rows. I would like to bold all 5 cells to the left of whatever cell meets a specific criteria. So if E5 is equal to "closed" then E1-E4 will all be bold. At the same time if J10 is also "closed" then J6-J9 need to be bold. I have some Ideas but I would like some help if any one has any. Thank you, Jaime ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You wrote all 5 cells to the left of E5 (E1:E4). This looks lik...

TextBox lock
How do I stop anyone from changing values or text in a textbox? The textbox in question is linked to a cell and I dont want anyone able to click on it and change the value or text. Set the 'Enabled' property to FALSE -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "Pas" wrote: > How do I stop anyone from changing values or text in a textbox? > The textbox in question is linked to a cell and I dont want anyone able to > click on it and change the value or text. Many thanks it work...

Giving Values to Letters
I am doing some coursework and I wan't to be able to set up a spreadsheet that will automatically detect if pupils are underacheiving. I had the idea that i could have four Columns, The pupil name,the predicted grade, and the grade they are currently working at. and then a final fourth column with a formula to work out underacheivement. I Think this will work but i need to be able to assign a value to the letters e.g if A grade was 1 and B grade was 2 and so on, i could work out a formula to calculate the final column e.g. A+E/2= Grade 1+5/2=3 3=C so if the predicted grade was A and the...

Fix Value Statement
Is there a way to display a blank value in a cell when I am doing a calculation in that cell and one of the cells in the calculation is blank? For example, F10+30 is in cell J10. F10 is blank. I get a "#value!" because there is nothing in F10, which would be a date if a certain condition is met. I don't believe there is nothing in F10, maybe it is a "" or a " " , otherwise you would not get an error, however you can use the sum function which disregards text strings whether they are words or blanks =SUM(F10,30) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sihlen"...

Previous Value + 1 in a field
I am using Microsoft Access 2003. I have a tabular form for data entry with a number field named "Volume". These volume numbers the user types are often five or more digits long, and usually sequential. When a new record is entered, I would like this field to be automatically filled with a value equal to the value of the same field in the previous record, plus one. Basically, if one record is volume "10000", when a new record is made I would like the volume to automatically be "10001", then "10002" and so on. Kind of a "Ctrl + ' " tr...

Excel 97 generating email automatically starts Lotus 6. DefaultOK
Hi, An Excel 97 macro generates an email succesfully, with Outlook 2000. Since installing Lotus Notes V6.02 - a minimum requirement - LN kicks off, producing error messages and ultimately fails to send a message. This occurs whether this is an upgrade of Notes or a new install and both with and without a live Notes Account. System default email is Outlook, in IE and in the registry X Still no idea how to compat these two programs and I would greatly appreciate any productive advice, but an alternative... Upgrade to Excel 2000 and use Notes V6.5 - worked fine with me - possibly even 6.02,...

query with null values
I have an access 2003 db and I wish to produce a report. The report is based on one record and its information. The information is contained in the 'main table' and some of this information is obtained by selecting from a cbo attached to a 'look up table.' the' lookup table' as an 'itemid' and several other pieces of info in it. Once selected on the 'itemId' is stored in the 'main table.' In my query for the report I have the maintable and the lookup table joined to give me the information I require. My problem (at last) is that a person may...

Passing a cell value into a text box on a graph
Please help. I am trying to pass a value from a cell onto a graph. The graph is plotting culumative variance against a plan but the gap in the early days is very small. So I need to publish the gap between plan and actual on the graph. I want to automate the update of the gap on opening the spreadsheet or pressing a button. The calculation of the gap is no problem for me, its the putting the answer onto the graph is the issue. I thought I could do it via a text box on the graph. Thanks in advance John Please help. I am trying to pass a value from a cell onto a graph. The graph is plot...

blank values giving me validation error in append query
Hi all, I'm probably doing something stupid here but here goes... I'm running some append queries...if there is no value in some of the fields I get a validation error and it says Access can't append all of the records. The table that its appending to does not have the "Required" field set to Yes for any of the fields. Any ides? All of the data types of the table thats receiving the records are Text. TIA Ted Does the field have a Validation rule? If so, then add to it OR NULL so it will accept nulls as valid. Is it a foreign key in a one-to-many relations...

Can Checkbox return any other value ?
I have a form that runs a 'Customer Address' query. One Field in the query has address type ( Billing , Shipping etc .. ) I was tring to figure out if I could have on my form which a checkbox called "billing" and another called "Shipping" and if the check box was checked the query would return that address, or both. True and False wont work as the address types have different names in the same field. Am I making sense ?? Well, if you normalize you data design, then you could also add a child table of address, the you could go: Any Address Type [] incl...

TextBox????
Sending data to "accounting"formatted column in a spreadsheet froma form,appears to enter as text(no formatting whatsoever). This is a new textbox added to an old form. I've reloaded Excel 2000. Thanks for any help. Any chance you're not sending real numbers to that cell? If your data is in C12, if you put =isnumber(c12) in another cell, what do you get? if it's not a number, then the numberformat won't do anything. If this is true, maybe you can clean up the value in the textbox. worksheets("sheet1").range("C12").value = cdbl(textbox1.valu...

How Can i Pass Comma Separated Values Of GUID in STore proc
I have a table called stations Having Column Id and StationName I am using SSRS 2008. i need StationName list for Id's.I can use Direct Query thats Ok.But when i want to use Stored Procedure ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ALTER PROCEDURE [TMS].[GetStation] ( @Idlist Varchar(Max) ) AS Select * From TMS.Stations Where Id in( @Idlist) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Where DataType for Id is Guid sam http://www.sommarskog.se/arrays...

How to cancel a selection?
Suppose I select a block of cells and start to drag them someplace and then decide not to move/copy them after all. How can I cancel the selection? The Esc key, which does this job in most applications, has no effect. The only thing I have found to do is carefully drag the shaded outline back to the original place and release it. Can I get the Esc key to work right? Maybe you can finish the move/copy and then hit ctrl-z (or edit|Undo)? If you rightclick and drag (or rightclick and ctrl-drag), you can use the escape key (or choose Cancel) after you've released the mouse. Square Peg wro...

Need to solve for the total value of a commercial lease
I hope my grid below looks OK once it is posted. I need a formula to solve for cell G3. I need a single cell formula to solve for the total value of a commercial lease given the initial annual rent, the rent increase percentage and how often (in years) that the rent is increased. Any ideas? A B C D E F G 1 Total Value 2 Tenant SF $/SF Term (yrs) Increase amount % Every X years of Lease 3 Ross 30,000 7.00 10 5% 2 ...

Inserting value of an unbound Textbox
hi, i got a form in which a integer value (Number) is being calculated based on the unput the user is giving in the different fields, now i want to insert this data in a field in my table, when the input is saved any bright ideas? See: Calculated fields at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-14.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Addy" <Addy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:494340EE-F995-4C6...

automatic send/receive doesn't work
I have a user who is running Outlook 2002 on Office 2000 Professional. Her e-mail account is a POP account. The problem is that her e-mail messages do not come through unless she hits the Send/Recieve button. Her Outlook is set up so that when Outlook is Online an automatic send/receive is scheduled every 5 minutes. Any thoughts on what else I should check? Dan Create a new SRS group and make sure the user hasn't inadvertently set her profile to work offline. Why are you mixing Outlook/Office versions? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

show sum of selected cells
what function do i need to enable to allow the sum of selected cells to show on the bottom right of the worksheet View, Status Bar derwood Wrote: > what function do i need to enable to allow the sum of selected cells to > show on the bottom right of the worksheet -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=487537 After status bar is visible, right-click on it; choose desi...

Assign Values to String Value
Hello, I am trying to assign a numeric value to cells with string/text variables. For instance, 10-2 would signify 4 hours... so the value I would like to calculate would be 4. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks "PC-Renew" wrote: > I am trying to assign a numeric value to cells with string/text variables. > For instance, 10-2 would signify 4 hours... so the value I would like to > calculate would be 4. Is there an easy way to do this? VLOOKUP would be, imo, the easiest. Eg: Assume textstring in A1: 11-7 Then in B1: =VLOOKUP(A1,{"10-2",4;"1...

scheduling update query to run automatically?
Is it possible to have an update query run at a set time or interval? or to have it run when ever the database is shut down? You can youse VBScript to connect and execute the update then schedule it via TaskManager or some scheduling tool. "norm" <normkara.remove@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message news:1F47C08B-0858-4B8B-939E-E904068DF3D7@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have an update query run at a set time or interval? or > to have it run when ever the database is shut down? On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:15:46 -0500, "norm" <normkara.remove@nyc.rr.com&g...

Passing XML as XsltArgumentList, can't select children
I have seen the postings about passing XML into an XSL transformation. The problem is that I cannot use any XPath navigation in the XSL that won't generate an error. If I use <xsl:copy-of select="$var"/> then the XML is output into the html page but this <xsl:copy-of select="$var/NS:Child"/>, and all other XPath navigation, fails with the error that 'The expression passed to this method should result in a NodeSet'. The real goal is to use xsl:for-each to navigate over all $var's children but can't get it to work. I have seen the samples and ...

Bissell Flip-It Select Hard Floor Vac
List Price:$99.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000FFWG70 Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000FFWG70 I chose the Bissell over the Hoover after reading the bad reviews of it, especially with the water tanks spilling out if machine if set down. I'm loving the Bissell. For hard floors it has a scrub brush and for wood floors it has a soft fabric pad (easily interchangable). It worked well on my kitchen tile floor. It works the best if you take it at a slow speed over the floor. Heat feature was great. It does put the water down in lines ...

textbox on the screen
is it possible to view the content of the active cell on a textbox that will not go off the screen even if you scroll down or to the right? -- rp Hi Rp The formula bar will always display ythe content of the active cell. Floating objects are either modeless userforms or custom toolbars. Both can be told to do what you want, but it requires some programming. HTH. Best wishes Harald "rp" <rufinojr54@hotpop.com> skrev i melding news:%23CK2xxgpEHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > is it possible to view the content of the active cell on a textbox that will > not go off t...

Lookup Field Value
Hi Everboby I got a lookup field and I want to know that which value is selected. I know it is very basic but I cannot able to figure it out. Any help?????????? Thanks in advance. -- Jaber Hi you can try this var lookupItem = new Array; lookupItem = crmForm.all.new_productid.DataValue; // lookup field if(lookupItem[0] != null) { //productid GUID alert(lookupItem[0].id); //product name alert( lookupItem[0].name); } "Jaber" wrote: > Hi Everboby > I got a lookup field and I want to know that which value is selected. > I know it is very basic but I can...