textbox scrollbar disappears

Hi

i have a textbox in my sheet.
i use the multiline option and the scrollbars option for that textbox.
when i enter text to the textbox, everything is fine (i can see the
scrollbar)
but if i close the sheet and open it again, the scrollbar for that textbox
disappears (so i can't tell that there are more lines in that textbox than
what i can see...)
only when i click in the textbox - the scrollbar reappears...

did anyone see that ?
is there a way to show the scrollbar when opening the file ?

thanks,
Yaniv

0
yanivka (2)

You have one commiserating post in .excel.

--

Dave Peterson
0

TextBox lock
How do I stop anyone from changing values or text in a textbox? The textbox in question is linked to a cell and I dont want anyone able to click on it and change the value or text. Set the 'Enabled' property to FALSE -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "Pas" wrote: > How do I stop anyone from changing values or text in a textbox? > The textbox in question is linked to a cell and I dont want anyone able to > click on it and change the value or text. Many thanks it work...

TextBox????
Sending data to "accounting"formatted column in a spreadsheet froma form,appears to enter as text(no formatting whatsoever). This is a new textbox added to an old form. I've reloaded Excel 2000. Thanks for any help. Any chance you're not sending real numbers to that cell? If your data is in C12, if you put =isnumber(c12) in another cell, what do you get? if it's not a number, then the numberformat won't do anything. If this is true, maybe you can clean up the value in the textbox. worksheets("sheet1").range("C12").value = cdbl(textbox1.valu...

Newsgroups disappearance from my OE
Sorry forgot to show what system I have now. I recently (and successfully) upgraded from IE6 to IE8, and installed PS3): [MS WinXP Home 2002 - SP3; OE 6; IE 8; MS Office Pro; Avast Antivir Free; Dell Dimension XPS T448MHz Pentium III; 640 MB RAM; high speed cable; Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader 8; Adobe Flash Player 10 Activex..] Thank you! Adela Adela wrote: > Sorry forgot to show what system I have now. I recently (and successfully) > upgraded from IE6 to IE8, and installed PS3): > > [MS WinXP Home 2002 - SP3; OE 6; IE 8; MS Office Pro; Av...

row numbers disappeared?
All of a sudden, my row numbers (left-most col) are gone. Column letters are still visible. <tools - options - view, row & col headers> is checked. How do I get the row numbers to display again? Thanks, George Have you tried closing Excel and reopening it? Does the problem persist? Have you changed the resolution of your monitor (or installed a new video driver)? Did your spreadsheet just grow past 100, 1000, or 10000 rows? Excel needs to calculate a new width for the row number field if you did. How long has it been since you rebooted your computer? A reboot can clear up ...

textbox on the screen
is it possible to view the content of the active cell on a textbox that will not go off the screen even if you scroll down or to the right? -- rp Hi Rp The formula bar will always display ythe content of the active cell. Floating objects are either modeless userforms or custom toolbars. Both can be told to do what you want, but it requires some programming. HTH. Best wishes Harald "rp" <rufinojr54@hotpop.com> skrev i melding news:%23CK2xxgpEHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > is it possible to view the content of the active cell on a textbox that will > not go off t...

Inserting value of an unbound Textbox
hi, i got a form in which a integer value (Number) is being calculated based on the unput the user is giving in the different fields, now i want to insert this data in a field in my table, when the input is saved any bright ideas? See: Calculated fields at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-14.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Addy" <Addy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:494340EE-F995-4C6...

activex window disappears when shown in vc dialog
please someone have solution to my above problem? it doesn't show controls at all in vc dialog. ya, those controls in activex who are refreshing themselves, only they appear visible. rest all are hidden. thanks deepak Don't understand your problem exactly. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=198732 Draw ActiveX controls with child controls in design time "deepak k jain" <someonedeepak@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cf42b61b.0310080015.5419abd4@posting.google.com... > please someone have solution to my above problem? it doesn't show > controls at all in vc ...

Disappearing e-mails
Recently, when I would reply or forward an incoming message, it will remove it from my Inbox. I could still retrieve it from my Sent messages. Nowwww, it is not saving my Sent messages either. I have messed with filters, used help which tells me to do something in View which my version 2000 doesn't have. Anybody got any ideas? On 10/22/2003 7:15 PM, Kristin wrote: > Recently, when I would reply or forward an incoming > message, it will remove it from my Inbox. I could still > retrieve it from my Sent messages. Have you installed the latest version of Outlook? Do you ...

TextBox Keydown
Hi, Everytime I double the textbox in design screen, it will direct me to the TextChanged method. I need to add the code myself in the .cs file (like below 1) and .Designer.cs file (like below 2) for other like Keydown. 1: private void txtInvoice_KeyDown(object sender, KeyEventArgs e) { } 2: this.txtCartonID.KeyDown += new System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventHandler(this.txtCartonID_KeyDown); Is there any other way to add the code? You can select your textbox in the designer, then press F4 to open properties window. In the properties window you can click on the Events but...

Set Textbox BorderStyle to None Dynamically in 2008
The line below marked with * is not valid in vb.net 2008; how do I set the border dynamically? Dim cControl As Control For Each cControl In Me.Controls If (TypeOf cControl Is TextBox) Then cControl.BackColor = Color.White cControl.BorderStyle=None '*****************' End If Next cControl Am 03.03.2010 00:36, schrieb Ryan: > The line below marked with * is not valid in vb.net 2008; how do I set the > border dynamically? > > Dim cControl As Control > For Each cControl In Me.Controls > If (TypeOf cControl Is TextBox) Then > ...

IMAP email subfolders disappearing when clicked on

textbox
Hello I have 3 textbox and i would like to calculate the value of the textbox 1 + textbox 2 into the text box 3 and it should update as soon w new value is set in one of the two textbox 1 or 2. thanks a lot for your help What sort of text box in which Word version? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> ...

Records with the same last name disappear...
I have a table with client names and another table with the family members of the client. Those are connected via a relationship. I have a query to generate a list of only those clients who are active as of a certain date. I have created a report which lists both the clients and the family members with a left join. However, if there are multiple clients with the same name that appears in the query, only the client who is last alphabetically appears. Any other records with that last name are missing from the report. For example, Nicole Smith appears, but Kelly and Jessica Sm...

Assigning cell contents to a textbox in a User Form
Under Excel 2003 and with the help of many here in this NG, I have designed a User Form to display the contents of some of the cells in a workbook. The way I did it was, in general, like this: txtTextBoxName.Text = Sheets("SheetName").Cells(6, 2).Text and so forth for each textbox and cell. It works fine until I insert a column or row in the sheet and the info I want in the TextBoxName is no longer in 6,2. Is there anyway I can use relative addressing or something like it to avoid this problem? I have tried assigning a name to each cell I want to show in the form but can...

Format Palette disappears
I am using a G-4 tower running OS 10.2. Suddenly, in my version of Word (10.1.1) in Office for Mac X, whenever I click on the format palette button, the palette rushes to the bottom of the screen and disappears. When I click the darkened button on the toolbar, the palette rushes to the top and disappears into the toolbar. No other tool seems to be doing this. When I go to the View menu and click on format palette, it does the same thing. Can anyone help me? I find the palette very useful and would like to continue using it. In article <70ce2c7.0410201356.2cf7e3f0@posting.google.com>, s...

Which textbox am I in?
I have a single worksheet workbook with several individual textboxes (not part of a form). Upon deactivation of the workbook (i.e. switching to another woorkbook) I want the workbook deactivate procedure to loop through all of the textboxes and determine if the user is "in" one of them. If the user is in a textbox, I want the deactivate workbook procedure to call the Lost Focus routine for the particlar textbox before proceding to the new workbook that was selected. When looping through the textboxes, how do I construct an "if" statement in VBA that asks ...

Bottom of border disappears. Changing margins doesn't help.
I can see all edges of my border when I'm working on a document, but when I click on "print preview," the bottom of my border disappears. When I print, the bottom border is missing. I've tried adjusting the margins, and it doesn't help. Nicole wrote: > I can see all edges of my border when I'm working on a document, but > when I click on "print preview," the bottom of my border disappears. > When I print, the bottom border is missing. I've tried adjusting the > margins, and it doesn't help. See http://www.word.mvps.org/F...

Subform with RecordSource and Textboxes
Hallo, I have got a subform with some textboxes which are fields of the recordsource. This works fine but I cannot edit any fields through these textboxes. I checked these properties: Enabled = True Locked = False but it is still not working. Can somebody please help me? Thank you juvi "juvi" <juvi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B807F29-06BB-43B9-B072-870400F11A6B@microsoft.com... > Hallo, > > I have got a subform with some textboxes which are fields of the > recordsource. > This works fine but I cannot edit any fields through these textb...

save textbox value
Hi All, I have a userform with two textbox,I want autosave the value entered in texboxes and after close and reopen the userform, They show the latest values.(even close the workbook) Thanks in advance Bijan Hi Bijan ValueS ? How would a textbox display these ? You could save in a worksheet cell (if the file is to be saved), in a database (if available), in the registry (shows your own entry only) or in a textfile / ini-file / xml file (for multiuser environments). HTH. Best wishes Harald "bijan" <bijan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6428CBB-6EB7-44...

No vertical scrollbar when customzing
If I add sections (more than 5) they dissapear from my screen and I am not able to edit them any more because no vertical scrollbar is showing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. -- Marcel van den Aker You can try using <CTRL>-N to open a new IE window with that page. This typically will restore the scroll bars. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 02:24:02 -0800, Marcel <Marcel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: If I add sections (more than 5) they dissap...

How get caption of textbox label in OnClick event?
in the OnClick event for a textbox, can I get the caption of the associated label? mscertified wrote: >in the OnClick event for a textbox, can I get the caption of the associated >label? If the event knows the name of the text box: Me.textbox.Controls(0).Caption If you are using a general function for a bunch of text boxes: Me.ActiveControl.Controls(0).Caption I suspect that you should use the Enter event instead of the Click event so the code will run when users tab to the text box. -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] ...

Disappearing folders #2
Hi, I hope somebody can help me cause I have had no luck so far! I am running outlook 2003 and I have recently had a few problems. About 2 weeks ago one of my folders disappeared. I was sure if I had accidently deleted it or not but could not find it in the deleted items or anywhere, and the same problem has happened again today, and I know I didnt delet the folder or move it accidently this time. Can anybody please tell me A) why this happening and how can i stop it b) can I recover the folders and how I have tried recovery tools but none of them find the specific folders that are miss...

Parse textbox words for query values
I've created a very simple asp.net web form (via visual studio 2008) that has a text box and a submit button. I want to be able to paste a bunch of 'words' into the textbox and have the words used in a select statement. Something like SELECT name, address, status FROM StatsInfo WHERE status IN (textbox-word1, textbox-word2, textbox-word3,...) I've got something simple working where a single word can be queried, but I can't find a way to parse the contents of the textbox so the query searches for each word. Do you have or know of any examples you co...

Continuous Form Scrollbar Thumb Wrong Size
I have created a continuous form in Access 2003. When I use it as a subform and update it with new query results, the scrollbar thumb is initially the wrong size (too small). Dragging it eventually fixes the problem, but is there a way to do this programmatically instead? Someone suggested I use Form.Refresh and/or Form.Repaint upon Form Load, Update, etc. but that's not helping. Clues welcome/appreciated! - Joe Joe D'Andrea wrote: >I have created a continuous form in Access 2003. When I use it as a >subform and update it with new query results, the scrollbar thumb is >i...

Textbox showing Memo column values being blanked out
My form has a text box that displays the contents of a memo column type. When the textbox initially displays, the cursor is positioned at the end of the text string. Sometimes the text is highlighted, sometimes not. If the first action that happens is pressing the Enter key (to create the next line of text in the textbox), all the previous text disappears. (It can be Undone and it will reappear). However, this is a very disconcerting action to the users. (By the way, this does not happen on a textbox displaying a varchar (255) column). On the other hand, if I first click on the ...