Text wraping Problem

Here is a problem I have yet been able to fix. I have a
form that I use regularly and when typing text into a
cell while in Normal view it will fill up the cell and
want to wrap it to the next line, but when I go the the
Print View it will not have filled up the cell yet. So
its a guessing game as to when the cell is really full
and what it will look like when I print it. Any ideas?
0
jdostert (1)

Jon

How much text are you entering in the cell?

You can enter 32,767 characters in a cell.

By default Excel will show or print only 1024 of those characters.

You can increase this 1024 limit by adding a few ALT + ENTERs at appropriate
spots throughtout.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:04:26 -0700, "Jon" <jdostert@theholmesbuilders.com>
wrote:

>Here is a problem I have yet been able to fix. I have a
>form that I use regularly and when typing text into a
>cell while in Normal view it will fill up the cell and
>want to wrap it to the next line, but when I go the the
>Print View it will not have filled up the cell yet. So
>its a guessing game as to when the cell is really full
>and what it will look like when I print it. Any ideas?

0
Gord
9/21/2004 5:09:51 PM
Gord,
I am only entering a sentence or two of text, the
problems is the I am trying to keep the row heights a
certain size and only want one line of text per cell.
Excel just doesn't display the sizing the same in the
Normal view mode as it does when printing. Any other
thoughts? I am using Excel 2003.

0
anonymous (74722)
9/21/2004 7:55:40 PM
Just my opinion...

Excel's WYSIWYG ain't perfect.  Maybe you could play with the cell size--make it
large enough to work in the worst case.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

i have a problem with outlook
hi my problem is that when outllok is opened a sign appears saying that "outlook could not find a location to send and receive email. to add a location goto the control panel and click the mail icon." i have gone to this icon and tried to add a location but it doesnt seem to make any difference. if i press ok on this sign another appears saying that there was an error and states the previous problem. ive tried reinstalling office but still doesnt do anything. plz can someone tell me what to do. thx ...

Problems renewing 401 wrksht
HI I have a client who's 401 wksht do not renew automatically. I checked it and made sure it didn't has any problems running.. Thks in advance for any ideas.... Rgds Rodrigo Make sure the connection schedule is defined in the store properties in HQ Manager - Admin - Stores. Once a 401 worksheet completes successfully, it should reschedule the next connection according to the schedule. I have had problems with uploads crashing and have created a trigger to refresh. If that applies to your situation, you are welcome to use it. CREATE TRIGGER ResetFailedUpload ON dbo.W...

Thanks for Info on Outlook 2002 Problem
You said: "you don't give us enough information to be able to give you any kind of meaningful answer." What OS are you using? MSXP Is your Internet connection working for other tasks (surfing the web). YES; INTERNET CONNECTION WORKING FINE Do you have dial-up or broadband? INTERNET VIA CABLE MODEM Do you run a home network or is this a stand-alone machine. HOME NETWORK; TWO MACHINES WITH ROUTER Were you ever able to send/receive mail? YES! AND I CAN STILL SEND/RECEIVE USING A WEB-BASED E-MAIL SVC. Have you changed your settings recently? DON'T THINK SO. Have yo...

TEXT = text

NT Backup Restore problem
After a server crash I have had to restore the Exchange information store using NTbackup. However, even though the restore procedure appears succesful, none of the restored mailboxes contain any data! They all report to be 0 bytes in size. The same procedure has succesfully restored all of my public folders, is there something I'm missing, or more likely not doing properly? Thanks. what version of Exchange, and how, exactly, did you perform your restore? "Neil Arrowsmith" <NeilArrowsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:463F5D9A-D985-4318-B1FA-798F5A337...

problem sharing documents
My church has a small office, where they have 3 computers networked together. All the computers are running Windows XP and all have Office 2000 installed. They produce a lot of their documents, such as service sheets and newsletters in Publisher. They are having the following problem: One person will start a publication and save it on the shared drive. For whatever reason, they have to move to desks and on the second machine, try to open the same publication to continue working. However even though they have closed both the file and Publisher on the first machine, they get a messa...

Selecting text in a document

RPC via HTTP problem
Hi all, I am trying to get some client machines here set up to run Outlook 2003 with RPC via HTTP so they can connect from outside our internal network. I have followed all the instructions and have downloaded the appropriate hotfixes for WinXP, etc. Everything is configured the way the documentation on my server says to configure it. However, it doesn't work. Looking at my intrusion firewall logs, the client never sends anything over port 80 but only over port 135. What am I doing wrong? The server end is Windows SBS2003 with the version of Exchange server that comes with ...

CScrollView and text height

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

problem about working with dates.
Column 1 contains a list of dates in format DD/MM/YYYY I want to manipulate this data such that another column shows MM-YY based on data in column 1. The change from slashes to hyphen separation is required. How can I do this? [Does not need to be done in one step. I tried using the =right(_, _) command to seperate the '08' off with the intent of concatenating the seperated stuff back together- but this did not work.] ss Simon If the dates in column A are truly dates just format the new column as mm-yy should suffice -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southa...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Lab Deployment problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Can anyone point me to the correct documentation to prevent the registration process from running for each new user on a Mac? This is for the volume license version so we aren't worried about the serial number. In our labs we auto create user accounts at login and destroy them at logout. So far we have been unable to keep the registration process for Office from running when a user launches it. We have copied preferences from accounts that have registered and added those to accounts but that hasn't worked so far...

Null in text box

owner-draw problems with CListBox/OnEraseBkgnd/CDC:ExcludeClipRect
Hi, i've got a tricky problem with an owner-drawn ListBox object. I'm trying to fix the update flicker so I got some sample code that creates a CDC wrapper around a hidden bitmap which i've used in DrawItem to hide the drawing process (this part works fine in isolation). The problem is that i also had to override the OnEraseBkgnd method to stop the whole scroll area being erased and as a result I get nasty graphical 'trails' of old data that hasn't been erased. My (not very good) fix for this was to pad the ListBox so there are always enough blank entries to fi...

Re: Using Text Styles

CRM 4.0 Workflow problems when changing long running workflows.
I've created some long running timeout-workflows which waits for a specific amount of time after an update is done to my users entity, and then send's an email to notify the user. If I unpublish the workflow, makes changes, and publishes it again then the old instances of the workflow continues running the old workflow, and new one's are using the new workflow. That is ok, I guess. My problem is that sometimes the old version of the workflow crashes and sometimes it is running fine. I've found no reason why it crashes and the error message only tells me to contact Micro...

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...