Text want wrap in text box

I can't get the text to wrap in a text box, word wrap is set to true, I put
some text boxes on a sheet today and the text will not wrap, I did this
yesterday and it worked fine, I can copy the ones from yesterday and paste
them on a new sheet and they work, any ideas? I have rebooted but this did
not help. Using Excel 2000 (9.0.6926 SP3) Thanks Paul B

0
pbridgesnews (182)

If you're referring to a Control Toolbat text box make sure that the
MultiLine property is True.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Paul B" <pbridgesnews@uga.edu> wrote in message
>I can't get the text to wrap in a text box, word wrap is set to true, I put
> some text boxes on a sheet today and the text will not wrap, I did this
> yesterday and it worked fine, I can copy the ones from yesterday and paste
> them on a new sheet and they work, any ideas? I have rebooted but this did
> not help. Using Excel 2000 (9.0.6926 SP3) Thanks Paul B

0
jrrech (1933)
4/30/2004 9:23:00 PM
Jim, thanks that was it, I don't remember having to set it yesterday ??

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"Jim Rech" <jrrech@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If you're referring to a Control Toolbat text box make sure that the
> MultiLine property is True.
>
> --
> Jim Rech
> Excel MVP
> "Paul B" <pbridgesnews@uga.edu> wrote in message
> >I can't get the text to wrap in a text box, word wrap is set to true, I
put
> > some text boxes on a sheet today and the text will not wrap, I did this
> > yesterday and it worked fine, I can copy the ones from yesterday and
paste
> > them on a new sheet and they work, any ideas? I have rebooted but this
did
> > not help. Using Excel 2000 (9.0.6926 SP3) Thanks Paul B

0
newspab (272)

Two combo box for a report 09-10-07
Hello, A blessed day to you all! I have another question regarding reports. Let me try to explain this as far as i can..Please bear with me.. What i have done so far.. I have a simple report to display Issue Vouchers for a Certain Site. I have created an unbound form with a Combo Box (List of Site i have created base on the Site table) which will ask the user what Site only to be displayed in the report, so basically the user is trying to filter. So when the user choose a site example, Head Office and press the Preview button then the report will filter and display the report with only th...

Extend window title with a right aligned text
hi, i want to extend the windowtitle of a mainframe window with a text (for example the systemtime) which should be display right aligned. Anone an idea how to do that ? <joerg.tiedemann@web.de> wrote in message news:1168188427.716935.183590@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hi, i want to extend the windowtitle of a mainframe window with a text > (for example the systemtime) which should be display right aligned. > Anone an idea how to do that ? > I imagine you have to handle WM_NCPAINT for the mainframe window and paint it yourself. -- David (MVP) ...

Excel #### in Text
Why do I get a string of "#####" in Excel when I type in a longer text string in an Excel cell. Using Excel 2007. The strings are not that long and have had longer. I think your data is in there, but it takes up more horizontal space to display it than the column is wide. Widen the column and you will probably see the text. "Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:OWOKhPceJHA.2112@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Why do I get a string of "#####" in Excel when I type in a longer text > string in an Excel cell. Using Excel 2007...

Combo Box Prolem
Hi All, I have a combo box that will not let me select the items using my mouse. I can use the Arrow Down Key and then hit TAB to select the item. The only thing that I think may be causing this is the ROW source. I have this change depending on the company location. See Code that fires when the user select the Customer ID. The 3rd line from the bottom sets the ROW source for the item. The combo box is bound to a feild called ITEM. Maybe this should be unbound. Can anyone help? Thanks Private Sub CustID_AfterUpdate() Dim stFilter As String Dim stEmp As String Dim stCoNum A...

How to draw line between to boxes
I am very new to Visio. I am trying to draw a flow chart. I have drawn the boxes and now I want to connect them by lines. There is an "Arrow" tab in left side pane for shpaes but it seams that it is something different. Where is the draw line command? -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer Osaka, Japan On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:37:01 -0800, Khoshravan <khoshravan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am very new to Visio. I am trying to draw a flow chart. I have drawn the >boxes and now I want to connect them by lines. There is an "Arrow" tab in >left s...

no text in the body
I volunteer at a nonprofit organization. We installed Outlook on four PCs. Three seem to work fine, the fourth will get emails normally sometimes and sometimes the body of the message is missing. Does anyone have a suggestion as what might be the problem. Thanks ...

Editing the name box
I entered a name in the name box for the top left cell of a form but when I clicked on the name, the cell showed up at the bottom right of the screen. I was successful in creating a name for a different form (the starting cell shows up at the top left of the screen), but I can't get the first form's starting cell out of the bottom of the screen. Now I have four different names for the same form in the name box. How do I clear the name box of useless names? How do I get the starting cell at the top left of the screen? Insert/Name/Define, then find the name, then click Delete....

how do you put a complete task check box on excel
I would like to know how to make a work sheet active with check buttons when task are complete.Can you make a work sheet interactive on a network?If so how? ...

Multiple domains to SEND mail via one Exchange box
Hi all, This is somewhat of a complicated question but I know there is a way to do this and I've seen it in working environment before. I have to find a way to make this happen otherwise my job will be handled by someone else in India.... Everything in the environment is 2003 including Exchange. Default Recipient Policies has multiple SMTP domains. For example: @domain1.com, @domain2.com, @domain3.com...etc. I need to find out a way to be able to have users prefer which @domain.com their mail is SENDING out from. I saw this scenario in a working environment before where the user wi...

Text over running cellls
The problem that I have is that when I enlarge the font my text does not stay inside the cells. It starts creeping and running over the gridlines. Any suggestions? Hi Paul, That is the way of things with Excel. Two suggestions: 1) if you do not want to see the text, type a single quote (aka apostrophe) in the neighbouring cell 2) to see all the text on multiple lines: select the cell(s) and use Format|Cells|Alignment and check the Wrap Text box. When done have an egg-nogg and relax. Season's Greetings Bernard "Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Formatting Text Cells
I have cells that have variable length text in them. I want to forma the cell so the total length of the cell is 35 characters. In othe words, after the text, I would like spaces following the text, so th total number of characters will be 35. Thanks for your help -- JohnnyCa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JohnnyCat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1658 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31978 Hi you could use the following in a helper column: =A1 & REPT(" &q...

Random signature from text file
Hi, This is my first post to this forum, and my first attempt at VBA in Outlook. I want to: generate a random number between X and Y open a text file for reading read the line from the file that corresponds to the random number concatenate some text to that line add the result to the signature of an email Can I do that with VBA? Could someone point me to some code examples to get me started? TIA, Charles This returns a random value: Dim MaxValue&, MinValue&, Result& Randomize Result = Int((MaxValue - MinValue + 1) * Rnd + MinValue) Here's an examp...

Adding Columns Based on Text
Hi, I'm not sure what to call what i'm doing, so please bear with me. In column A, starting from cell A7, i have various text, for example apple, orage, grape, etc. Each of these data is followed by additiona data in the next column, B. For example, apple - new, or apple - old. Column C will then have dollar figures relating to the prior data. What i want to do is add up only the columns that have apple, and giv a sum for that, then only the columns for oranges, then give a sum fo that, and so on. Is there a way to do this as opposed to manually adding each item? Sorry if I...

Progress Dialog Box #2
Hi All, I'm very new to VC++ , MFC programming. I have a Button in a property page. On clicking this button i want a "Progress Dialog Box" to pop up and run as a seperate thread. The problem is i'm not able to see the "Progress Dialog Box" and the application goes to hang state. Please help. Here's the part of the code.. ********** In the property page******************* void FlashDlg::OnDownloadButton() { abort_flag = FALSE; thread_finished_flag = FALSE; cpd.Create( ); CWinThread * dl_thread = AfxBeginThread(::DownLoadFunction, this);// Start download...

Body text on Outlook 2003 #2
Dear All, I have a problem, that when I have installed MS Office2003, I cant see the body message of any new email!! this is very strange. Best regards, Moh'd Yassin ...

Reomving a set numer of characters from a text string
Hi, I have a column with a variable length single text string in each cel between 9 & 36 characters. I want to consistently split or remove th last (rightmost) 8 characters from this string, and leave the left par of the string ( like a reverse concatanation). Is there a function to d this? Thanks in anticipation -- ado196 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ado1963's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3030 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49969 Hi You will need to do the ...

text and numbers
I was given a spreadsheet having a bunch of entries that appear to be numbers, but when I try to do arithemetic with them, I get a #VALUE error. I tried using the VALUE function to convert them to numbers, but the result of this function is also a #VALUE error. Tracing the error shows it is trying to evaluate VALUE(" 1,291"). I tried using the TRIM function to remove leading blanks, but that did not work. I used the CODE function to find out what the characters were and find the leading characters have a CODE value of 160 (a space I think should be 32). How do I convert t...

CRichEditCtrl text selection question
Hi, When I select text in my CRichEditView by mouse, more or less text than desired is selected. For example: <P><STRONG>Date 3</STRONG></P> I want to use mouse to select "<STRONG>Date 3</STRONG>". I can't do that in CRichEditView. I can either select "><STRONG>Date 3</STRONG><" or select "STRONG>Date 3</STRONG". Is there a way that will enable me to select exactly the text that I drag my mouse pointer over? Thank you a lot, Kelvin ...

XSD Validation error: "The element 'x...' cannot contain text
Hi, I'm trying to validate an XML document against an XSD schema and I receive the following error: ---------- MyCode.CreateValidRequest : System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException : Validation error: The element 'http://xmlns.somewhere.com/something:rDetail' cannot contain text. Expected 'http://xmlns.somewhere.com/something:AList'. An error occurred at , (1, 533). ---------- There doesn't seem to be much information about this error - could anyone please help? I've included the schema fragment and sample XML below. I'm using an XmlValidatingReader to...

Excel descendant box charts for genealogy
Seeking templates for a descendant box chart for genealogy purposes ...

Syntax issue with calling Form Combo Box value
This query is supposed to call a form 'f_test' combo box 'combo2'. However, I have found that the syntax is used for access sql and not sql server 2000. (The combo box holds a value that will return in f_test subform a resultset according to what is selected in the combo box, f_view1 is a query view created that is returns to the subform records according to Area column). Please hellp me get the syntax right. If you have any suggestions on books for reference that would be wonderful. Thanks, Mitchell PARAMETERS [Forms]![f_test]![Combo2] Text ( 255 ); SELECT f_view1.Area FROM ...

How do I prevent pictures form moving when adding text?
Right click the picture, format picture, Layout tab, Object position, change to exact. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peggy" <Peggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA35218F-D1FA-4691-B01E-3D50B2AF3FA9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way when inserting pictures and clipart of have them all wrap the way you want when you bring them in. Some option or setup or something for when you insert pictures? Everytime I insert pictures I need to change the wrap. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Right click the picture, format picture, Layout t...

Don't want to convert Quicken file
I have Quicken installed, and I want to use Money 2005 as a fresh start for the new year. I have a huge data file from many years of using Quicken, and it just slows everything down. I installed Money 2005, but when I open it, all it wants to do is convert my Quicken data files. I can't access anything else in Money. Is there a way to just enter new accounts and transactions without going through the conversion, or is that impossible with Quicken installed? On the conversion window, in the top left hand corner, you may be able to interrupt the process by pressing File->New ...

Convert text to number
I have a column with about 13,000 numbers stored as text. How can I convert all these to numbers without doing them individually? Ivor Hi - copy a blank cell - select your values - use 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose the action 'Add' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Ivor Williams" <ivor@just-a-second.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:r0Hrd.410314$nl.227752@pd7tw3no... > I have a column with about 13,000 numbers stored as text. How can I convert > all these to numbers without doing them individually? > > Ivor > > Hi Ivor o...

adding text over an image
Hi, I'm adding a few mechanical drawings to a large 60+ page document but I need to add in a bit of text. I made the drawings using QuickCad and saved them as JPG files. I tried adding the text in QuickCad but the text gets too blurry once I add it to the document. I also tried adding text using PCimage editor. The problem with that (and with QuickCad as well) is that once I add the images to the document I need to re size them so they look good and fit properly. When I do that of course the text resizes, I need all the text to be the same size. All the drawings are a different ...