text to excel

Hello

I have 15 different text file which i want to import in one excel fil
at one go

can ewe do it with the help of a macro

thank

You can do it with a macro, but perhaps easier is to combine the text files
in DOS and then import to Excel. To combine in DOS, have all the files in
the same folder, open a DOS prompt and type something like the following:
COPY C:\MyDocuments\TextFiles\*.txt  AllFiles.txt

HTH, Greg

"vikram >" <<vikram.15hgsx@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I have 15 different text file which i want to import in one excel file
> at one go
>
> can ewe do it with the help of a macro
>
> thanks
>

> ---

gregkoppel (32)
4/29/2004 8:31:07 PM
When I do this in Win98, I have to be careful.

If I'm sitting in the c:\mydocuments\textfiles folder, then AllFiles.txt will
try to get created there.

But since it has an extension of .txt, the copy command wants to include it and
win98 burps.

If I'm not sitting in that folder, then allfiles.txt will go to the current
folder of the active drive--and everything will be ok.

I like this so that I never have to worry:
c:
cd \mydocuments\textfiles
COPY *.txt  AllFiles.ALL

Excel will see .ALL as a text file, too.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

excel worksheets #4
Hello, I really need help! Can anyone help. How do I auto fill data in a worksheet by using the data from another worksheet within the same workbook. I have columns in each work sheet that are identical, so I just want to have the data autofilled from one worksheet to the other without having to retype each piece of data. I know that you can do it by cell by cell by selecting the cell then pressing "=", followed by the cell you want to correspond too. How do I do it by column? Pat, Select the column from the first cell down, then type =, followed by selecting the cell you...

How do I make a PowerPoint presentation on the fly using Excel files?
I have several Excel tables nicely formatted with updated data coming from a DB and I want to make some slides on the fly. I just found a shareware Excel add-on, XPPort that makes this kind of job. Are they any other kind of tool that allows an easy and quick generation of a nicely formatted PowerPoint presentation? Many thanks for any helps you can give Paolo You might want to consider automating the creation of a PowerPoint file with VBA. Try posting in microsoft.public.powerpoint or check out http://skp.mvps.org/vba.htm HTH, JP On Feb 19, 4:05=A0am, paulopost <paulopo...@yahoo.com&...

Printing from Excel #2
We just purchased several Xerox 470 Copiers, they are networked and contain hard drives for ripping the print jobs. A user reported a problem, when he prints his multiple page spreadsheets to this device (which prints 65 ppm) he is having to wait excessive periods of time for the jobs to complete. As a test I printed 20 copies of a 1 page spreadsheet, in the print queue they appear as 20 separate jobs (whereas with word they appear as one document with 20 pages), initially the first 11 pages print out right away, but the last nine take between 3-5 minutes to print. I am curious why E...

TEXT = text

color fill in excell
Using Office XP any cell with text or number will not print the color fill, only blank cells will print the color fill. It shows up ok in the print preview but does not print correctly. Can anyone help ...

Selecting text in a document

Opening Excel File
Please Help I have Excel XP and I cant open another Excel file from Explorer or from an attachment in an email if I already have an excel file open. If i click on an excel file in explorer to open it it justs brings my previously opended excel file to the foreground. It doent open the new one at all. I have to go into the open excel sheet and choose open and browse for the file to open it which obviously causes a problem If I want to open an excel attachment. Any ideas. Cheers Paul Try to Re-register Excel. Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space be...

How do I set up an Excel Spreadsheet to record qualitative and qu.
Hi you may post your question as body of your posting and not as subject -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Graham" <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DF2506C9-BE0E-473D-A55F-09E0C6F3FE83@microsoft.com... > ...

CScrollView and text height

Launching Excel #2
How can I configure Excel to launch a separate window (or instance) for each Excel document I open through explorer? Tools>Options>View> Check Windows in Taskbar "wllee" wrote: > How can I configure Excel to launch a separate window (or instance) for each > Excel document I open through explorer? What I need is to open 2 instances so I can have each in its own display (monitor). I realize I can stretch Excel across the desktop, but I would prefer to have two separate instances running. "David Hepner" wrote: > Tools>Options>View> Check ...

filtering results in excel
Hello to all you experts, i want to be able to filter a large amount of data to a single row that i can then use in other areas. data consists of about 85 columns and 15000 rows of data, much of which is very similar. 1st filter would have about 15 unique names, each of which then limits the rows to several hundred 2nd filter will then limit the range to about 100 rows 3rd filter approx 20 rows 4th filter 2 rows 5th filter exact range required. Autofilter is the perfect option but, it does not allow me to define the row and then select the data, i.e. any of the 15000 rows could b...

formula in pivot excel 2007
It used to be possible to enter a formula within a pivot table so it would update if the pivot table was changed. E.g. one column divided by another and the formula would be avaiable even for extra lines if another variable was used. Is this still avaiable in new excel, and if so, where? In EXCEL 2007 take the following action:- PivotTable Tools Options Tools group Formulas Calculated Field The Insert Calculated Field pane should launch. In here you are able to set up to divide one column by another. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks....

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

Excel web auto-refresh
Anyone know how I can update data from web once per second instead of once per minute? Many thanks tp You must have a REALLY fast connection. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "teepee" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message news:49009ea5@newsgate.x-privat.org... > Anyone know how I can update data from web once per second instead of once > per minute? > > Many thanks > > tp > "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@austin.rr.com> wrote > You must have a REALLY fast connection. I do. What I ne...

how to delete an excel file? how to e-mail a worksheet?
I just started using excel and i dont know how to delete a file and the file name.I also require information on how to e-mail a worksheet. "mailman" <mailman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86814A5C-48B9-48D1-8082-8A15479B4000@microsoft.com > I just started using excel and i dont know how to delete a file > and the file name. Open Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder the file is in, highlight the file, press delete. > I also require information on how to e-mail a worksheet. Two options:- With the file open, go to Edit-Send to or, in yo...

Re: Using Text Styles

Integration assistant for excel #3
I am trying to run an integration and when I try to map the detail query information, my fields are not coming in to select from. The fields come in okay for the header query. Is there a step that I am missing? Thanks, Laura Laura: Here is KB solution you need to review: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843786 You need to get the list of key fields right. "LauraS" wrote: > I am trying to run an integration and when I try to map the detail query > information, my fields are not coming in to select from. The fields come in > ...

Text in Cell as Formula #2