Text in Cell as Formula #2

Peo + Julie Many thanks for your answer with the last query.

I Have a similar question, please advise:
This method [INDIRECT()] does work with values form a different spreadsheet.

I type the link (as text) from a different spreadsheet in a cell in the
current spreadsheet and use this method to call a value in a cell.

Would appreciate a detailed answer (if complicated) - I'm a novice user!

Many thanks in advance.

0
Su (13)

TEXT = text

Sorting by last 3 digits in cell
I need to sort columns using the last 3 digits of a number not the first digits. How do I do this? Thanks for your help. Hi, Try adding a helper column (B) and use =RIGHT(A1,3) and fill down, then click any cell within column B and sort. Harry "britten funk" wrote: > I need to sort columns using the last 3 digits of a number > not the first digits. How do I do this? Thanks for your > help. > I'd use a formula like: =mod(a1,1000) To keep them numbers (not text) Or modify Harry's formula to: =--RIGHT(A1,3) britten funk wrote: > > I need ...

Selecting text in a document

Pocket PC Money #2
Does anyone know how to set the password in Money so it prompts you each time you open it, not merely when you have performed a soft reset??? On "Casper" <schaerf@vicnet.net.au> wrote: >Does anyone know how to set the password in Money so it >prompts you each time you open it, not merely when you >have performed a soft reset??? Set a password on the device? -------------------------------------------- To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #...

CScrollView and text height

formula in pivot excel 2007
It used to be possible to enter a formula within a pivot table so it would update if the pivot table was changed. E.g. one column divided by another and the formula would be avaiable even for extra lines if another variable was used. Is this still avaiable in new excel, and if so, where? In EXCEL 2007 take the following action:- PivotTable Tools Options Tools group Formulas Calculated Field The Insert Calculated Field pane should launch. In here you are able to set up to divide one column by another. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks....

linknig cells
How can I have link two cells from different woksheets? ...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Naming a cell #2
I have a long list of data and want to name each cell individually b using the reference of cell on the left and at the top. e.g. Column A B C Row 1 Maths Science 2 Jack 45 50 3 Andrew 88 40 4 Lalita 75 60 5 --------------------------- 6 --------------------------- 7 --------------------------- & So on. What I want is that cell B2 be named as Jack Maths or Maths Jack cell C2 be named as Jack...

Excel formulae start doing strange things
Has anyone had the problem where the result of a formula is incorrect. I've had on occasion entered a simple formula, such as adding a group of numbers within an "IF" statement and the result is wrong. If I start a new workbook, and enter the exact same thing, it works out correctly. Yesterday one of my co-workers had a problem with a spreadsheed she's been using for years. All of a sudden, she started getting "VALUE" errors in the lower half of the spreadsheet. All formulae were the same in each row. I ended up fixing the problem by deleting 5 rows, then entering ...

Ranking Numbers with Text

insert single absolute symbol in formula
Hi, I am rolling over the spreadsheets for the new year and wonder if there's an easy way to insert a single absolute into the formula. i.e. if I highlight the formula and press F4 it puts absolutes in for both the column and the row reference, whereas I only want to change the column to absolute. Any ideas? Keep on pressing the F4 key. It'll cycle through all 4 possibilities--absolute row and column through relative row and column. sarahds wrote: > > Hi, > I am rolling over the spreadsheets for the new year and wonder if > there's an easy way to insert a single ab...

Format cell for negative
Hi I want the value that i type into a cell always to be negative thanks Hi, You need to adjust the format of the cell - this one for instance: -* #,##0_-;-* #,##0_-;_-* "-"_-;_-@_- Notice that the format starts with "-". Go to Format->Cells->Number and paste this format in the custom part. Cheers, Jon "es" wrote: > Hi > I want the value that i type into a cell always to be > negative > > thanks > Is there a specific Cell or range of cells on your worksheet that you want this? Or any and all cells on any Worksheet? "e...

Null in text box

Web Query For Single cells in Spreadsheet
I have a web page that I created with exceleverywhere and would like to import the data into an excel file via web query. The problem is that the web query function in excel 2003 only allows me to import tables, and not single cells. How would I go about selecting just the cells that have the updated data to import? Thanks You could import what you can to another sheet and then use an indirect formula or macro to get what you need. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "analogkid12" <analogkid12@comcast.net> wrote in message news:YUMjc.1397$kp.49445@attbi_s52...

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Blank cells in line charts
I have my tables which are reguarly added too but it is a pain going through the 20 odd charts updating the data range. What i'd like to do is just select a huge area for the data range so i don't have to touch it again and the charts would auto update. The problem is i have told it to ignore blank cells but it still creates them on the chart space. Is there any way to select a heap of cells but have it completely ignore the empty ones until there is data entered in them. -- bluenose ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bluenose's Profile:...

RE: How do I: enter a checkmark symbol in a cell by clicking on i
hi, Column D2:I1301. Excel should not allow more than 3 ticks for a particular E.No. Regards, Jimmy Hi Jimmy: Specifically, what columns do you want the user to be able to enter checkmarks. -- Gary's Student ...

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10