Text Formatting when using CONCATENATE

I have several columns of data and I'm using the CONCATENATE function to
combine the data into one column on the right, which is simple enough.
But I need to extend on this by keeping the formatting of the text as
it appears in the original columns.

For example, if Column A is Bold (*ONE*), but Column B is italic
(-TWO-), how can I have the text in the result column keep the original
formatting (*ONE* -TWO-).

This is a problem which has had me lost for ages, so any help or

Steve

---

Steve,

You can't do that with formulas. You would need to use worksheet event code
to combine the two formatted strings together into a single string that
retains the formatting.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Mapper >" <<Mapper.161d69@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have several columns of data and I'm using the CONCATENATE function to
> combine the data into one column on the right, which is simple enough.
> But I need to extend on this by keeping the formatting of the text as
> it appears in the original columns.
>
> For example, if Column A is Bold (*ONE*), but Column B is italic
> (-TWO-), how can I have the text in the result column keep the original
> formatting (*ONE* -TWO-).
>
> This is a problem which has had me lost for ages, so any help or
>
> Steve
>

> ---

Bernie

TEXT = text

Format Color for worksheet
Is there a simple way so that when I open a Excel sheet I have the first 3 rows a dark gray color, the next 3 rows a light gray, the next 3 back to dark and so on, or do I have to use the "format cells"?? -- Thank you NotGood@All See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF.html#rows -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "NotGood@All" <NotGoodAll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01A00D95-C2A6-4256-BE80-5A2AA4DBB9A9@microsoft.com... > Is there a simple way so that when I open a Excel sheet I have the first 3 > rows a dark gray color...

GP 9.0 crashes when trying to set format of field in Report Writer
Hi all, I was trying to modify the alignment of the Check Amount in User-Defined Check 1 in Report Writer. So I clicked on the format ellipsis when GP just crashed. What could the reason be? I am running GP 9.00.0259 on Windows Vista Enterprise. This is quite urgent as user needs to print checks. Thanks in advance On May 5, 3:38=A0am, Saras <Sa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I was trying to modify the alignment of the Check Amount in User-Defined > Check 1 in Report Writer. So I clicked on the format ellipsis when GP jus= t > crashed. What could th...

Media Player 12, DJ use
Is it possible to drag & drop a song on to the WMP playlist without having it immediately start playing that song? If I'm DJ'ing, I want to "load" a song into WMP on one laptop while playing a song on another laptop without the just-loaded song starting automatically. "George D." <George D.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA9FBA9E-5637-46B1-8833-DE61195ABA6B@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to drag & drop a song on to the WMP playlist without having > it > immediately start playing that song? If I'm DJ&#...

Adding rows using macro
This is my first macro! (Excel 97 running under Windows 2000.) I have a form that I want to add rows (one row at a time) after the current row. The form allows businesses to send in changes to their products. They may have 1 or 100 products that need to be updated. We want the form to initially have one row for them to enter their information. If they have another product, then we want a row to be added automatically after the current row. It looks like this: A B C D E 1 Product Name Size Quantity Curr. Price New Price 2 Popso 1L 5 cases $20.00 $25.00 Since Exce...

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

Outlook 2003 hangs using Word as Editor
I've discovered when Word is used as Outlook 2003 editor it cause Outlook to hang when I reply to email. As soon as I remove Word a editor the problem goes away. I created a signature using a pictur with Word as editor and I would like to use this signature but canno due to this problem. Is this a bug and has Microsoft addresed it? Any help appreciated! Thanks, Ralp -- ralphf926Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Are you using Word 2003? Versions must match to use Word as editor. Why not create the signature in Outlook instead? Perhaps the picture you are using is causing the prob...

email format #2
What should my setting be on for email format? MIME or UUENCODE? What is the difference? ...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

formatting a spreadsheet help
I have a few different dilemas going on here. First: Can a conditional format be set up in Vista or Windows 7 both 64 bit, and saved in 97-2003 excel saving the conditional formats? Second: I have a spreadsheet column A is my received date, Column B is Stock #, Column C is Serial #, Column G is my finished date. What I need to be able to do: When I enter information into Column C (Serial #), I need some type of notification if that same number has been entered within a six month time period from my Column G (Finished date). 1. Yes. However, there are some formats which only Ex...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Printing HTML formatted messages
I have noticed that when I print HTML formatted messages, the current date is printed in the lower left corner of every page. It also seems do ignore the Header/Footer settings form the memo or table style settings. Can I disable the date from printing out on the page? Thanks. Ben ...

Format cell for negative
Hi I want the value that i type into a cell always to be negative thanks Hi, You need to adjust the format of the cell - this one for instance: -* #,##0_-;-* #,##0_-;_-* "-"_-;_-@_- Notice that the format starts with "-". Go to Format->Cells->Number and paste this format in the custom part. Cheers, Jon "es" wrote: > Hi > I want the value that i type into a cell always to be > negative > > thanks > Is there a specific Cell or range of cells on your worksheet that you want this? Or any and all cells on any Worksheet? "e...

Null in text box

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Increment Number Without Using Autonumber
Hi Folks - I have a db that tracks felony charges against defendants. I have a main defendant form with a charges subform. On the subform, I have 2 fields: Count and Statute. Count is a number from 1 to 999. Statute is a drop-down that references the master statute table. Currently, the user will enter the count manually. However, I would like to automate this process if possible. One problem with the manual approach is if Count 3 of 10 Counts is deleted. This forces the user to re-number the Counts. Not sure how to handle this. Any ideas? Note: For each charge, there can be multiple v...