Text Delimited by semicolon file Excel 2002

I am moving a text delimited by semicolon file into excel
and edit the file. I want to save the file as text
delimited by semicolon but I cannot find the option.
What can I do?

0
anonymous (74721)

One way:

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#differentdelimiter

In article <45c301c4905a$1a2d2880$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
 "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am moving a text delimited by semicolon file into excel
> and edit the file. I want to save the file as text
> delimited by semicolon but I cannot find the option.
> What can I do?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
9/1/2004 8:36:54 PM
John

See J.E. McGimpsey's site for code to choose de-limiter.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 12:30:13 -0700, "John"

>I am moving a text delimited by semicolon file into excel
>and edit the file. I want to save the file as text
>delimited by semicolon but I cannot find the option.
>What can I do?

0
Gord

TEXT = text

color fill in excell
Using Office XP any cell with text or number will not print the color fill, only blank cells will print the color fill. It shows up ok in the print preview but does not print correctly. Can anyone help ...

Selecting text in a document

How can I create an ASCII file with double quotes around each field?
I need to convert Excel files to ASCII files with commas as delimiters. That part is easy. The problem is that I need each field to be surounded by double quotes. Here is an example of what my ASCII output needs to look like: "smith","robert","15","elm","street" "jones","robert","111","main","avenue" Can anyone suggest a solution on how I can convert my excel file to ASCII output as shown in my example? thanks very much! I can get the data into the correct format but then you will need to ...

Money files compatibility
I have recently installed Money plus, and was trying to open my old money file where I have years of history. It is a money 2002 (with updates) file. When I try to open it, I get the following message: Money can't open this file, because it was created using a different version of money. This is very disappointing, surely I can still convert my old file into the new format somehow? if there a converting little software that I can download from your site, to use as a one-off? Please let me know. Many thanks in advance for your help. Money Plus Deluxe or Premium? (Essentials is a tota...

Opening Excel File
Please Help I have Excel XP and I cant open another Excel file from Explorer or from an attachment in an email if I already have an excel file open. If i click on an excel file in explorer to open it it justs brings my previously opended excel file to the foreground. It doent open the new one at all. I have to go into the open excel sheet and choose open and browse for the file to open it which obviously causes a problem If I want to open an excel attachment. Any ideas. Cheers Paul Try to Re-register Excel. Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space be...

CScrollView and text height

How do I set up an Excel Spreadsheet to record qualitative and qu.
Hi you may post your question as body of your posting and not as subject -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Graham" <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DF2506C9-BE0E-473D-A55F-09E0C6F3FE83@microsoft.com... > ...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Adobe Distiller Crashes certain large Publisher files
I am trying to convert certain files in Publisher to PDF files using the Adobe Distiller. Most files work ok, but certain ones that have a lot of data crash publisher every time. This is not just on one terminal. The same error occurrs with the same files on other terminals in our office. What could be some possible causes and solutions? Thanks. Outside of the fact that you haven't told us any details about your software versions.........how large is this file? I've converted >5MB files with no problem. "cchtmpls" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Unable to debug a .dll file
Hello, I have 3 projects in an MFC application, in which 2 are dlls which the active project accesses. My application is giving an error on one of the devices (projector), whereas the same application works fine on another device of the same family of projectors. This application is for updating the firmware of the projector. When i was debugging the active project, i saw that the problem lies in the way the projector is responding to one of the calls made from one of the dlls. Now to check what exactly is the problem in the function present in the dll, i tried applyign break points in the d...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Exchange 2000 server, Outlook 2002 client
I have two users that have recently developed a strange issue in Outlook. They have to open an email that already exists in their inbox and then (and only then) Outlook will say they have new mail and all of their new emails messages appear. Clicking on the send/receive button also does not cause the new messages to appear. All of the remaining users function as they are supposed to. When Outllok is open and they receive a new mesage the incoming mail icon appears in their system tray and the message appears in the inbox. I am unsure where to start to troubleshoot this issue. Has a...

Null in text box

can't sign files bigger than 1 GB
Hello, I have a VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA certificate and I'm trying to sign an executable file which is bigger than 1 GB, but I always get this error message: "The Digital Signature wizard did not complete." Is there a size limitation for signing files with signtool? If yes, how can files bigger than 1 GB can be signed? Thank you in advanced. amatcovici wrote: > Hello, > > I have a VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA certificate and I'm trying > to sign an executable file which is bigger than 1 GB, but I always get this &...

how to delete an excel file? how to e-mail a worksheet?
I just started using excel and i dont know how to delete a file and the file name.I also require information on how to e-mail a worksheet. "mailman" <mailman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86814A5C-48B9-48D1-8082-8A15479B4000@microsoft.com > I just started using excel and i dont know how to delete a file > and the file name. Open Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder the file is in, highlight the file, press delete. > I also require information on how to e-mail a worksheet. Two options:- With the file open, go to Edit-Send to or, in yo...

Integration assistant for excel #3
I am trying to run an integration and when I try to map the detail query information, my fields are not coming in to select from. The fields come in okay for the header query. Is there a step that I am missing? Thanks, Laura Laura: Here is KB solution you need to review: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843786 You need to get the list of key fields right. "LauraS" wrote: > I am trying to run an integration and when I try to map the detail query > information, my fields are not coming in to select from. The fields come in > ...

Re: Using Text Styles

Open existing file
I recently got a new computer and want to move my Money files to that computer. This is what I have done so far: - installed current version of Money 2003 on new PC - copied current Money file from old PC to CD - copied current Money file from CD to new PC - am able to perform File, Open and it appears to want to open existing file However, my data does not appear anywhere - accounts, payees, reports, etc. Its like it hasn't opened it at all. How can I get it to open an existing file that the new PC has never seen before? Thx. Double-click on the .MNY file you copied over via CD...

Text in Cell as Formula #2