Text & Date same cell

Hi All,

Sheet1 has date in A1 (1/1/2005) formated as Date.

Sheet2:
'=IF(Sheet1!A1>1,"MyDate" & Sheet1!A1) <- formated as Date
and
'="MyDate"&IF(Sheet1!A1>1,Sheet1!A1) <-formated as Date

Both display -> MyDate38353

How can i make it display -> MyDate1/1/2005

Any direction

--
Desert Piranh

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2893
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49296

="My Date "&TEXT(A1,"m/d/yyyy")

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Desert Piranha"
<Desert.Piranha.1zyrxa_1134453003.5104@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:Desert.Piranha.1zyrxa_1134453003.5104@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hi All,
>
> Sheet1 has date in A1 (1/1/2005) formated as Date.
>
> Sheet2:
> '=IF(Sheet1!A1>1,"MyDate" & Sheet1!A1) <- formated as Date
> and
> '="MyDate"&IF(Sheet1!A1>1,Sheet1!A1) <-formated as Date
>
> Both display -> MyDate38353
>
> How can i make it display -> MyDate1/1/2005
>
> Any direction?
>

> --
> Desert Piranha

> Desert Piranha's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28934
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492963

0
terre081 (3244)
12/13/2005 5:54:17 AM
Try:

=IF(Sheet1!A1>1,"MyDate"&TEXT(Sheet1!A1,"dd/mm/yyyy"),"")

Hope this helps
Rowan

Desert Piranha wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Sheet1 has date in A1 (1/1/2005) formated as Date.
>
> Sheet2:
> '=IF(Sheet1!A1>1,"MyDate" & Sheet1!A1) <- formated as Date
> and
> '="MyDate"&IF(Sheet1!A1>1,Sheet1!A1) <-formated as Date
>
> Both display -> MyDate38353
>
> How can i make it display -> MyDate1/1/2005
>
> Any direction?

Peo & Rowan,
Thx much, Both work fine.
Thx Again
Dave

--
Desert Piranha

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492963

You're welcome.

Desert Piranha wrote:
> Peo & Rowan,
> Thx much, Both work fine.
> Thx Again
> Dave
> Rowan Drummond Wrote:
>
>>Try:
>>
>>=IF(Sheet1!A1>1,"MyDate"&TEXT(Sheet1!A1,"dd/mm/yyyy"),"")
>>
>>Hope this helps
>>Rowan
>>
>>Desert Piranha wrote:
>>
>>>Hi All,
>>>
>>>Sheet1 has date in A1 (1/1/2005) formated as Date.
>>>
>>>Sheet2:
>>>'=IF(Sheet1!A1>1,"MyDate" & Sheet1!A1) <- formated as Date
>>>and
>>>'="MyDate"&IF(Sheet1!A1>1,Sheet1!A1) <-formated as Date
>>>
>>>Both display -> MyDate38353
>>>
>>>How can i make it display -> MyDate1/1/2005
>>>
>>>Any direction?

Date & Time Stamp does not update
I have created a form in a Public Journal Folder. When I add a new Journal Entry the date and time is the same as the date and time that I created the form. I do I get the form to update? ...

Business Alerts-Basaed on Date
Hi, I have a requirement to create a business alert when a PO is raised for a specific supplier. My problem is to get the alert to work on a date based logic. Does any one know of a function or a work around to get the alert to work on say within the x days from today. Appreciate your comments. Hi, Please ldrop a email if you are interested in learning about our custom Business alert solution for GP. Regards, NJ nj.tech@hotmail.com "PR" wrote: > Hi, > I have a requirement to create a business alert when a PO is raised for a > specific supplier. My problem is to ge...

TEXT = text

Sorting by last 3 digits in cell
I need to sort columns using the last 3 digits of a number not the first digits. How do I do this? Thanks for your help. Hi, Try adding a helper column (B) and use =RIGHT(A1,3) and fill down, then click any cell within column B and sort. Harry "britten funk" wrote: > I need to sort columns using the last 3 digits of a number > not the first digits. How do I do this? Thanks for your > help. > I'd use a formula like: =mod(a1,1000) To keep them numbers (not text) Or modify Harry's formula to: =--RIGHT(A1,3) britten funk wrote: > > I need ...

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

linknig cells
How can I have link two cells from different woksheets? ...

problem about working with dates.
Column 1 contains a list of dates in format DD/MM/YYYY I want to manipulate this data such that another column shows MM-YY based on data in column 1. The change from slashes to hyphen separation is required. How can I do this? [Does not need to be done in one step. I tried using the =right(_, _) command to seperate the '08' off with the intent of concatenating the seperated stuff back together- but this did not work.] ss Simon If the dates in column A are truly dates just format the new column as mm-yy should suffice -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southa...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

Format cell for negative
Hi I want the value that i type into a cell always to be negative thanks Hi, You need to adjust the format of the cell - this one for instance: -* #,##0_-;-* #,##0_-;_-* "-"_-;_-@_- Notice that the format starts with "-". Go to Format->Cells->Number and paste this format in the custom part. Cheers, Jon "es" wrote: > Hi > I want the value that i type into a cell always to be > negative > > thanks > Is there a specific Cell or range of cells on your worksheet that you want this? Or any and all cells on any Worksheet? "e...

Web Query For Single cells in Spreadsheet
I have a web page that I created with exceleverywhere and would like to import the data into an excel file via web query. The problem is that the web query function in excel 2003 only allows me to import tables, and not single cells. How would I go about selecting just the cells that have the updated data to import? Thanks You could import what you can to another sheet and then use an indirect formula or macro to get what you need. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "analogkid12" <analogkid12@comcast.net> wrote in message news:YUMjc.1397$kp.49445@attbi_s52...

ERROR check if a date set entered violates a perviously entered date set
I am devloping an excel program that has a list of date sets, not necessarily in sequencial order. What I want is an ERROR CHECK if a date set violates any date set previously entered. What I was looking for was that a date set could not be typed in as follows: 1/10/04 to 4/20/04 2/10/04 to 3/20/04 The second date set falls within the first set and should be invalid setting off a message or an alert of an invalid entry. I am interested in making it idiot proof so that one could not enter date sets within or covering dates sets already entered. This one really throws me, Please help. ...

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Blank cells in line charts
I have my tables which are reguarly added too but it is a pain going through the 20 odd charts updating the data range. What i'd like to do is just select a huge area for the data range so i don't have to touch it again and the charts would auto update. The problem is i have told it to ignore blank cells but it still creates them on the chart space. Is there any way to select a heap of cells but have it completely ignore the empty ones until there is data entered in them. -- bluenose ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bluenose's Profile:...

RE: How do I: enter a checkmark symbol in a cell by clicking on i
hi, Column D2:I1301. Excel should not allow more than 3 ticks for a particular E.No. Regards, Jimmy Hi Jimmy: Specifically, what columns do you want the user to be able to enter checkmarks. -- Gary's Student ...

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....