text as 0

I have cells formatted as 'text' in several worksheets linked to a text cell
on a 'master' worksheet.  When I enter text in the cell on the master
worksheet, it is copied into the cells on the linked worksheets.  However,
when I delete the text in the cell on the master worksheet, I get a '0' in
the cells on the linked worksheets - rather than a blank.

How can I format the cells in the linked worksheets to just show a blank,
rather than a '0'?

Thanks,
Rick

You can use a custom format like

General;-General;

or you can change the link to

=IF('Master'!A1="","",'Master'!A1)

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Rick Stanford" <RickStanford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have cells formatted as 'text' in several worksheets linked to a text
>cell
> on a 'master' worksheet.  When I enter text in the cell on the master
> worksheet, it is copied into the cells on the linked worksheets.  However,
> when I delete the text in the cell on the master worksheet, I get a '0' in
> the cells on the linked worksheets - rather than a blank.
>
> How can I format the cells in the linked worksheets to just show a blank,
> rather than a '0'?
>
> Thanks,
> Rick

0
terre081 (3244)
4/18/2005 1:44:42 PM
Hi Rick

Try formatting cells on the linked worksheets with something like...
 [>0]#,##0_ ;[Red][<0](#,##0);
--

-----
XL2003

William

willwest22@yahoo.com

"Rick Stanford" <RickStanford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have cells formatted as 'text' in several worksheets linked to a text
>cell
> on a 'master' worksheet.  When I enter text in the cell on the master
> worksheet, it is copied into the cells on the linked worksheets.  However,
> when I delete the text in the cell on the master worksheet, I get a '0' in
> the cells on the linked worksheets - rather than a blank.
>
> How can I format the cells in the linked worksheets to just show a blank,
> rather than a '0'?
>
> Thanks,
> Rick

0
willwest22 (109)
4/18/2005 1:51:36 PM
Or, if you don't need to see any zeros at all, you can click on the Tools
menu > select Options > View Tab and uncheck the Zero Values option.

"Rick Stanford" wrote:

> I have cells formatted as 'text' in several worksheets linked to a text cell
> on a 'master' worksheet.  When I enter text in the cell on the master
> worksheet, it is copied into the cells on the linked worksheets.  However,
> when I delete the text in the cell on the master worksheet, I get a '0' in
> the cells on the linked worksheets - rather than a blank.
>
> How can I format the cells in the linked worksheets to just show a blank,
> rather than a '0'?
>
> Thanks,
> Rick

0
Sharon1 (141)
4/18/2005 3:53:02 PM
And more yet.......

Method 1. Hide the zeros using Tools>Options>View. Uncheck "zero values"

Method 2. Use an IF formula in the linked cells.

=IF(ISBLANK(Sheet1!A1,"",Sheet1A1)

If you have a great whack of these, after you paste the links, run this macro
on the selected range.

Sub ISBLANK_Add()
Dim myStr As String
Dim cel As Range
    For Each cel In Selection
        If cel.HasFormula = True Then
            If Not cel.Formula Like "=IF(ISBLANK*" Then
                myStr = Right(cel.Formula, Len(cel.Formula) - 1)
                cel.Value = "=IF(ISBLANK(" & myStr & "),""""," & myStr & ")"
            End If
        End If
    Next
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 06:44:42 -0700, "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote:

>You can use a custom format like
>
>General;-General;
>
>or you can change the link to
>
>=IF('Master'!A1="","",'Master'!A1)

0
Gord

TEXT = text

If Qty = 0...
In my report I have a Quantity, UnitPrice, and NetAmount. Is there a way I can have it formatted to something like this.. If Quantity = 0, the NetAmount = UnitPrice ? Also, I have a Descriptions field, is there a way I can have the Quantity, Unitprice, and Netamount BLANK if there is nothing entered in them? So it dosent look like this.. Qty. Desc. UP NA 0 Example 0 $0.00 i want it to look like this... Qty. Desc. UP NA Example thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com st...

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Multiple email not working for CRM 4.0
I am trying to send direct email to multiple marketing contacts, but the emails are never sent. I am able to send individual emails if I email the contacts one by one, but when I select multiple contacts the emails are never sent. I have tried this with both the email router option as well as directly through the outlook email client. The help file references a bulk email server, but I am unable to find this service anywhere on the email router machine, or the CRM server. thank you for you help. ...

Function is not availalbe in expressions in query expression error message (0/1)
I recently received this error message when opening the source DB in Access 2007. I have attached two jpg pics. Does this error message give enough details for someone to point me in the right direction for a fix? The last time I developed and worked in this DB everything worked fine. I get this error when clicking on a control that runs a query macro against a backend DB consisting of about 15 tables. I should mention the error comes into play when trying to run the frontend on a client W/S. I don't see the error while on my W/S which is my developer W/S and has Acce...

crm 3.0 and crm 4.0 client
Can one user have crm 3.0 client(live system) in desktop and crm 4.0 client(for our 4.0 test server) in a laptop?. If by client you mean 'Outlook Client', then no. If you mean using the IE client, then sure. -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "lily" wrote: > Can one user have crm 3.0 client(live system) in desktop and crm 4.0 > client(for our 4.0 test server) in a laptop?. > ...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

CRM 4.0 client freezing on opening a contact.
We are noticing a problem with the Dynamics CRM 4.0 outlook client and web client hanging sporadically from both the web client and outlook client when opening a contact entity record. For some users, the whole system freezes for approximately three minutes at which point an error message is displayed(see below). In the meantime, other users can access the system fine. After the error message the system works fine for that user. I have discovered that the users suffering from this problem have the CRM format option set to English (United Kingdom). Users who are set to English (U...

Re: Using Text Styles

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

Integration Manager SOP 9.0
I must be going crazy... I've done this, (albiet years ago), many times. So I know this can be done. I have a single file to import into sales. Layout = DOCNO, CUSTNO, ITEMNO, PRICE. That's it. There may be more than one line ITEMNO that has the same DOCNO. I've only got the one source and the destination is the GP adapter. The Docno isn't actually mapped to the sopnumbr but is the guiding light for keeping items together on the same invoice. Problem: IM is putting each line item onto its own invoice despite the DOCNO. I've tried several things: I...

CRM 4.0 Workflow problems when changing long running workflows.
I've created some long running timeout-workflows which waits for a specific amount of time after an update is done to my users entity, and then send's an email to notify the user. If I unpublish the workflow, makes changes, and publishes it again then the old instances of the workflow continues running the old workflow, and new one's are using the new workflow. That is ok, I guess. My problem is that sometimes the old version of the workflow crashes and sometimes it is running fine. I've found no reason why it crashes and the error message only tells me to contact Micro...

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...

How to get the text of each selection?
Hi, Dear All We can use Ctrl key and mouse to multi-select range in a document, but if somebody could tell me how to get the text of each selection? Cheers! osen Sorry, it is not really possible. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288424. The closest you can come is to use Selection.Copy, then open a new blank document and paste. The individual pieces will be separated by paragraph marks, but you can't distinguish between those and any paragraph marks that might have been in the middle of some pieces. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FA...