Text appear in formula bar but not in cell

Hi,
With reference to the subject, I have tried Wrap text and Rows/Columns
Autofit but nothing works. Also all the typed text does not appear in the
printout.
Please advise.
0
Meer (1)

Try this.

Go to Edit -- Clear -- Formats.

I think this will solve the problem.

If not mail me the sheet on sanskar_d@rediffmail.com

--
sanskar_d
sanskar_d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24217

Usman,

Is your font colour set to white?
Is your number format set to ;;; (don't display anything)?
Try changing your font colour to black, or the number format to "0.00" (for
example)

Hope this helps

Pete

"Usman Meer" wrote:

> Hi,
> With reference to the subject, I have tried Wrap text and Rows/Columns
> Autofit but nothing works. Also all the typed text does not appear in the
> printout.
> Please advise.
0
PeterRooney (105)
6/13/2005 10:37:09 AM
Usman

Excel Help on "limits" or "specifications" reveals that Excel will allow
32,767 characters to be entered in a cell.

However, it goes on to state that "only 1024 characters will be visible or can
be printed"

To work around this limitation, stick a few ALT + ENTERs in at appropriate
spots.

The ALT + ENTER forces a line-feed and expands the 1024 limit.

How far is not really known.  Just experiment.

.........From Dave Peterson..........

I put this formula in A1:
="xxx"& REPT(REPT("asdf ",25)&CHAR(10),58)&"yyy"

And adjusted the columnwidth, rowheight and font size and I got about 7300
characters to print ok.

.........End Dave P.................

Failing that, use a Text Box to store the text.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:59:02 -0700, "Usman Meer" <Usman
Meer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>With reference to the subject, I have tried Wrap text and Rows/Columns
>Autofit but nothing works. Also all the typed text does not appear in the
>printout.
>Please advise.

0
Gord

TEXT = text

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

linknig cells
How can I have link two cells from different woksheets? ...

formula in pivot excel 2007
It used to be possible to enter a formula within a pivot table so it would update if the pivot table was changed. E.g. one column divided by another and the formula would be avaiable even for extra lines if another variable was used. Is this still avaiable in new excel, and if so, where? In EXCEL 2007 take the following action:- PivotTable Tools Options Tools group Formulas Calculated Field The Insert Calculated Field pane should launch. In here you are able to set up to divide one column by another. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks....

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

Format cell for negative
Hi I want the value that i type into a cell always to be negative thanks Hi, You need to adjust the format of the cell - this one for instance: -* #,##0_-;-* #,##0_-;_-* "-"_-;_-@_- Notice that the format starts with "-". Go to Format->Cells->Number and paste this format in the custom part. Cheers, Jon "es" wrote: > Hi > I want the value that i type into a cell always to be > negative > > thanks > Is there a specific Cell or range of cells on your worksheet that you want this? Or any and all cells on any Worksheet? "e...

insert single absolute symbol in formula
Hi, I am rolling over the spreadsheets for the new year and wonder if there's an easy way to insert a single absolute into the formula. i.e. if I highlight the formula and press F4 it puts absolutes in for both the column and the row reference, whereas I only want to change the column to absolute. Any ideas? Keep on pressing the F4 key. It'll cycle through all 4 possibilities--absolute row and column through relative row and column. sarahds wrote: > > Hi, > I am rolling over the spreadsheets for the new year and wonder if > there's an easy way to insert a single ab...

Web Query For Single cells in Spreadsheet
I have a web page that I created with exceleverywhere and would like to import the data into an excel file via web query. The problem is that the web query function in excel 2003 only allows me to import tables, and not single cells. How would I go about selecting just the cells that have the updated data to import? Thanks You could import what you can to another sheet and then use an indirect formula or macro to get what you need. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "analogkid12" <analogkid12@comcast.net> wrote in message news:YUMjc.1397$kp.49445@attbi_s52...

Re: Using Text Styles

RE: How do I: enter a checkmark symbol in a cell by clicking on i
hi, Column D2:I1301. Excel should not allow more than 3 ticks for a particular E.No. Regards, Jimmy Hi Jimmy: Specifically, what columns do you want the user to be able to enter checkmarks. -- Gary's Student ...

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Blank cells in line charts
I have my tables which are reguarly added too but it is a pain going through the 20 odd charts updating the data range. What i'd like to do is just select a huge area for the data range so i don't have to touch it again and the charts would auto update. The problem is i have told it to ignore blank cells but it still creates them on the chart space. Is there any way to select a heap of cells but have it completely ignore the empty ones until there is data entered in them. -- bluenose ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bluenose's Profile:...

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

city, state, zip from a single cell to multiple cells
I have been given a spreadsheet with city, state and zip all in the same cell. Is there a way to split the city, state and zip into three seperate cells? I have a large data base and do not want to do each one at a time. have a look at selecting the column>data>text to columns> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "wjs2002" <wjs2002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1826DE1F-C1B5-432A-99E5-53AEE432A5C9@microsoft.com... > I have been given a spreadsheet with city, state and zip all in the same > cell. Is there a way to split the ci...

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...