Temporary formatting??? #2

Hi
I am using a database in Notes. Now while i realize that lotus is th
devil, and that it is worlds apart from excel, I am better than averag
at excel and often the solutions to problems in excel lead me to th
solutions in lotus.
so this question
I have to update the aforementioned database quite often, and wa
wondering if there is a condition format which is applied to =DATE + 3
(or something to that extent)
IOW, I input the new information, and it stays the formatted color fo
30 days then changes to the default text settings or drops the formul
away entirely
any leads will be greatly appreciate

outlook 2003 encryption #2
I am learning about digital certification to use with outlook 2003. I obtained a digital certificate and I am able to send emails with my certificate. I can also encrypt messages to myself. I have colleagues who also have digital certificates. I have installed these digital certificates and are able to view them in the contacts list. However I am unable to send encrypted message to them, because I get the following error: Microsoft Office has problems encrypting this message, becaues the following recepients had missing or invalid certificates or conflicting or unsupported encryption capab...

conditional formatting??
is it possible to make the conditional format update a combo box if new piece of data is entered into a clolumn of cells. say for example i have cells A1 through A5 with data in and i add a ne piece of data into cell A6. Is there any way that i can set the conditional formatting up with V to update a combo box with this new piece of data included -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Conditional format doesn't change values in cells! It changes cell format, i.e. color, shrift, bolding - it changes how cell or it's contents are displayed. When you used Data.Validat...

Can I select hiding a column as a conditional formatting?
I would like to set a conditional formatting that hides the first column of my spreadsheet when a certain date expires. In addition I would like to add another column in the back off all others at the same condition. Teresa, The closest you could come using Conditional Formatting to hide stuff would be to turn it white (the column would look empty) (I know, it's a crummy solution). Conditional Formatting won't hide columns. An event-fired macro could do it. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Teresa" <Teresa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

convert Publisher version 2 files to Publisher 2003?
Does Microsoft have a converter for converting Publisher version 2 files to Publisher 2003 or even to Publisher 2000? Publisher 2003 should open your 2.0 files. Are you getting an error? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JAB" <JAB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C87D6C52-7810-48B1-9DD5-E221827B19B1@microsoft.com... > Does Microsoft have a converter for converting Publisher version 2 files to > Publisher 2003 or even to Publisher 2000? Thanks for your response Mary. Yes I get ...

Formatting a Dynamic Chart
I am using Excel 2003 and I've got a chart that is linked to data located on another sheet within the same workbook. It is a weekly production report and it always records a 0 for the weekends since we do not produce anything on Saturday or Sunday. The data is extracted from another source - not manually entered - and will always have the weekends included. The chart is structured such that the 'Y' axis is comprised of the values on the Data worksheet in column X, rows 14 through 49 ($X$14:$X$49) and represent the production yields. The 'X' axis is taken from th...

temporary documents
How do I find something saved in temporary documents by accident? If you mean the Temp folder on your system, you can press Windows key + R to display the Run dialog box. Type %tmp% and press Enter. Locate the file and move it to a proper location. On the other hand, if you have edited an e-mail attachment without saving it to the hard drive first, see http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Lisa M" <Lisa M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:009F3D91-414E-4213-AA89-B4CA5939BE8B@microsoft.com.....

date format frustration
Pleeeeezze help, I'm going nuts here!I have created a mail merge letter using data from an Access.mdb table. The date format in the table is dd/mmm/yy. When I merge the data into the mail merge letter, the format appears as mm/dd/yyyy. Why is this happening and how do I rectify the problem?Any help on this would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you....

New Users #2
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The sender gets: Subject: RE: Sent: 2/7/2007 2:34 PM The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: testm2@domain.com on 2/7/2007 2:35 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <blah #5.5.0 smtp;550 <testm2@domain.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table> When I create a new user in AD and create a new mailbox, they cannot receive internet email. This is o...

Check Box Formatting ??
Hello Everyone. Its me again. Please can you help me with the following. I have a workbook with 13 sheets in it. Name of first sheet is Holidays. The others are named Apr, May, ......... Mar. I would like to place a check box (if this is the right thing to use)on each monthly sheet that would send the value of cell Mar!I48 to Holidays!D13 and Mar!I50 to Holidays!D17 in one operation. If the check box is ticked the values of I48 and I50 should be transfered. If not ticked the value should default to zero. This is to be repeated on Apr, May etc obvioulsy to different cells on the the ...

KDowyuGUjadx #2
Best Wishes, http://www.youtube.com/user/gaspoweredscooters Buy gas powered scooters, fpsxs, http://www.youtube.com/user/chanelpurses Authentic chanel purses, miowvu, http://www.youtube.com/user/freemusicalecard free musical ecards easter, lsdd, http://www.youtube.com/user/herfirstanalsex her first anal sex, vtcovy, http://www.youtube.com/user/xanaxonlineovernig First xanax online overnight shipping, qpx, ...

Temporary files
I was trying to burn a movie when a message came up to say that there was no room in C:\documents~\Bonnie~|local~\tmp~ Files like DF19C2.tmp, DF9E43.tmp, DF5OF6.tmp what are these files? =?Utf-8?B?cGVha3MgYXo=?= <peaks az@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:F6B93E64-C922-4085-8031-8C0508086FF3@microsoft.com: > I was trying to burn a movie when a message came up to say > that there was no room in C:\documents~\Bonnie~|local~\tmp~ > Files like DF19C2.tmp, DF9E43.tmp, DF5OF6.tmp what are > these files? Generally, most *.tmp files (along with *.~, ~8.*...

hvordan aktiverer jeg formater tekst i outlook
Jeg kan ikke bruge fanebladdet FORMATER TEKST i min outlook - de underliggende funktioner så som UDKLIPSHOLDER, SKRIFTTYPE, AFSNIT osv er lysegrå og reagerer ikke når man klikker på dem. Der er ingen problemmer i Word, hvor alle er sorte og reagerer, når man klikker på dem. Hvad skal jeg gøre ?? ...

copy conditional format as ACTUAL format
i'd like to figure out how i can copy a group of cells that have a conditional format (stoplight style ... color pattern highlighted for a certain condition) and paste special only the format, but not keep the conditional format rules. one time that it is necessary is if i have an analysis spreadsheet with all my rules and formulas and internals, but i produce an "output" spreadsheet that only shows values, widths and formats. the conditional format for a particular column depends on the values of a column which i don't even include in the output sheet, so the conditi...

Conditional formatting #20
I have a row of dates that are formatted to show the day of the week, i.e., 'Wed, Fri, etc. When a cell in the first row is Wed, I want the cell below it to appear in purple. How? I have Excel 97. Hi! Assume the dates are in the range A1:G1. Select the range A2:G2. Goto Format>Conditional Formatting. Select Formula Is and enter this formula: =WEEKDAY(A1)=4 Click the Format button and select the style(s) you want. OK out Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have a row of dates that are formatted to show the day of the week, >i.e., 'Wed, Fri, etc. > >When a cel...

Formatting several worksheets the same at one time
I am creating a workbook with one summary page and several back-up contributing worksheets. How do I create the contributing worksheets so they formatted exactly the same and maintain the summary worksheet's formatting? Also, how can I lock certain areas of a workbook without passcoding it so someone else can only enter information where I want them to enter it? "Mary R" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ec4f01c43d11$a504f380$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am creating a workbook with one summary page and several > back-up contributing worksh...

reference question #2
A few days ago, some kind person introduced me to the INDIRECT function as a way of keeping a formula pointed at a fixed cell even after I've inserted a column or two on the worksheet. (Thank you!) Turns out, though, that while I need that fixed reference to a given column, I actually want a relative reference to the rows on the worksheet. Does anyone have a suggestion about how to set my formula up so the reference to a given column is absolute but the row floats? Thanks! =INDIRECT("B"&ROW(1:1)) for B1 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Exc...

Multiple formats in a cell 11-18-09
Can anyone offer a solution to the issue of allowing a cell to display a value in two formats? I have a spreadsheet and in a cell I have a lookup which checks a table depending on what is selected from a list, the table has two different values Number and Percentage, these values are pulled into a summary screen to complete a sentance. I can only get the value to display as either a number or a percentage. Any suggestions please? Thanks, Gridlock. Hi, You could try this. This assumed any value less that 1 as a percentage. Also, the output will be a text value and not a nu...

Number Format Pbm
Hi I have a financial spreadsheet that I imported from a CSV file. All of the number cells are showing the number left justified, which I think means that Excel sees them as text. However when I click on "Format Cells:Number", the Category setting is "General". If I attempt to apply any of the procedures in the help pages, like multiplying the content by 1 (to convert text to number) that operation seems to fail as it does not result in producing a number either. How can I convert these cells to proper numbers that will respond to formulas and conditional formatting...

Is there a way to have 2 Outlook email accounts open at the same .
Currently I have to close one email account before checking my second email account, which I do all day long and is a bit of a nuisance. Please help! There's got to be a way that I can keep both open and just click on the bar on the bottom of the page to go from one to the other with ease ... please tell me how to do that! Thank you!!! -- Diane It's so easy to do, I'm sure that's why you missed it. Tools > Email Accounts... > Add the other accounts. Each will show in the same Outlook window, but in different PSTs. bondg "Diane" <Diane@discuss...

Format changes
When I send Emails to clients with a spreadsheet attached the files are changed from .xls to .dat. Why does this happen? If MS Outlook is your email client............... Most likely because you are sending in "Rich Text Format" Change to "Plain Text" and the problem will(should) go away. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:51:02 -0800, "kym_596" <kym_596@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I send Emails to clients with a spreadsheet attached the files are >changed from .xls to .dat. Why does this happen? ...

Formatting Phone Numbers
I am re-posting this question with the hopes of getting some direction. All of our users are using the Outlook client of MSCRM. We are trying to be consistent in the way that we format our phone numbers, addresses, etc. in CRM. When some of our users enter a phone number like 717-123-4567, CRM will change it to (717) 123-4567 after the record is saved. This only happens on select computers. Does anyone have an idea what is affecting the formatting in CRM and how do I change it? Thanks, Tom Hello Tom CRM does not have the ability to autoformat phone numbers so there must be something ...

Keep Pivot Table Chart Format unchanged
I want to keep changes to format i performed in a pivot chart, that would not be affected upon refresh table. thanks\ This is a known bug that requires vba code to re-apply formatting. XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904 Cheers Andy Nir wrote: > I want to keep changes to format i performed in a pivot chart, that would not > be affected upon refresh table. > > thanks\ > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info thanks Andy, does MS supply any add-in for or just record it on my loc...

Help with conditional formating
Greetins, I have a workbook that in column A the cell contents are populated with dates, let's say A1= 07/01/07, A2=07/02/07, etc. I would like to do some conditional formating that examines the date in each row, and if the value is found to be either "Saturday" or "Sunday" (day of week) the whole respective row will turn bold black and grayed background. I already know you can use the function 'text(a1,"dddd") to get the day, it is the rest I am lost on. Thanks for any help. -lumpjaw Hi Provided you have the Analysis Toolpak loaded, Tools&...

Conditional Formatting
Dear All, I am preparing a compartive statement i want to highlight the max and min a group of cells. quote-1 quote-2 quote-3 100 150 200 like this upto quote-6 I want to highlight the number max of 6 as red and min of 6 as yellow. Please do the needful . 1. Select the cell/Range (say A2:F2). Please note that the cell reference A2 mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell will have a white background even after selection 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and enter the below ...

SAving temporary files
So I opened a document file from my email and worked on it for awhile. I pressed the save button and the bar in the lower right hand corner saig word is saving wo.doc. But now I cannot find said word document. I have looked in my temporary internet files and cannot find it there. help! Locations shown here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/securetemp.htm "emily" <emily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B09317D-9AA3-4583-B701-0A0ECC04A430@microsoft.com... > So I opened a document file from my email and worked on it for awhile. I > pre...