Template Wizard with Data Tracking

I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year,
gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database
by having them all use the template.  But I recently made
some changes and then began having the following
problem:  After a worksheet has been created using the
template, and saved as a new record in the database, and
then we want to go back in to change the record and
update it in the database, the option does not appear to
update the database; the only options continue to be to
create a new record or to proceed without saving to the
database.  It is as though the system is not recognizing
that this particular record has already been saved to the
database.
The changes that I made preceeding this repeated error
was that I created a new database, this time in Access
instead of Excel, and I had to upgrade the Add-in by
downloading it off the website when many of the users
converted to Windows XP/Excel 2002, rather than using the
Add-in that was part of the original Office Installation
for earlier versions.  Any ideas why this is happening,
or what I can do to fix it?

0
cwinslow (2)

Print template on a 42 cm * 28 cm paper
I would like to print a template on a big size paper 42 cm * 28 cm with my printer (manual tray), so that the template fits the size of that paper. It appears much to small now when I print it, I would like the size of the template to adjust to the size of the page. Thank you. ...

Is there a template to create a template?
Just wondering! Mike Mike Koewler wrote: > Just wondering! > > Mike Oh Mike, hahaha there is a macro to make a cake, I think Ed had it... You don't use a macro to make a cake. First you need a box of scratch............. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message news:HA1Rg.1220$o71.814@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > Mike Koewler wrote: >> Just wondering! >> >> Mike > > Oh Mike, hahaha > > there is a macro to make a cake, I think Ed had it... > I ...

Automating data copying between work sheets
Hi all This is my first post on these forums and I'm sorry if there's an obvious answer but I've trawled the help searches and the closest I've come to a solution is the 'paste special' facility mentioned in a previous post on this forum. The problem is a spreadsheet set up for petty cash entries. Sheet 1 is an overall record of expenditure. Each team member has their own worksheet. What we want to do is to make excel automatically take data entered for each specific team member, and copy it to their respective worksheet. The data to be copied is all in the same...

How do I link worksheet data in a Word file and have the links be.
I have inserted a "Word" object icon into a worksheet and then used paste link features to display data updates in the Excel file in the Word document that is in the worksheet. I am looking for a way to have the links from the Excel file into the inserted Word file in that Excel file automatically update and be independent of the Excel filename. Problem is I put the Word document icon into the Excel file, open it, paste link data from the Excel file and then when I rename the Excel file the links are not automatically reflecting the new Excel name. Right now there are &q...

calendar templates
I imported a calendar which I want to change every month but keep the same text for each day of the week. When I changed the margins to make the calendar wider I cannot get back into the calendar portion to make the changes for the month and move the dates over accordingly. Can I change the margins or create a new template on my own and make it work. If so, how do I go about doing this. Publisher 2007 is what I am now using Thank you What template? From the Office site? Changing the margins shouldn't affect the way you input your data. Have you applied a border...

How to modify templates and keep them templates
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Is there an easy way to edit a template and resave it as a template without having to rename it or remember the exact name it had. I keep getting multiple versions of the same template each time I change it. You can open the template file using the File>Open menu. That way, Word will open the file as a template (as opposed to a new document based on that template), and when you save any modifications you have made, they will be saved to the template file itself. By the way, Word 2008 stores templates in ~/Library...

Data Migration Framework 08-26-04
Has someone downloaded DMF and got it working ? I downloaded it from http://members.microsoft.com/partner/solutions/business/cr m/default.aspx?nav=ln and when I try to run it ... i get an error: The version of the CDF database you are attempting to use does not match the version of your Microsoft CRM database. ..... Thanks if some one did get it working, please let me know where to get the latest release. ...

VALIDATION DATA IN A CELL
Hi, can some one tell me if there's any way I put put some validation or enforcement in a cell, where users HAVE to input something and it CANT be left blank ? Thanks What I usually do in a case like that is to use Conditional Formatting to color the cells RED if they are blank, (ie = <> )and they turn white when data is entered in them, then on the next function that depends on that data, say a SUM function, use an IF to condition it, such as......... =IF(COUNT(A1:A10)=10,SUM(A1:A10),"Red Cells must contain values") Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Chris" &l...

data validation lists and invoices
Is it possible to automatically populate a cell, for ex. "cost pe unit", when a selection is madde from a drop down list (dat validation) created from an inventory list of products? On my invoice want to have drop down box with all products, select product from list have price per unit automatically populated, enter manually numbe used/sold, have formula calculate total price for total units...I jus can't figure out the auto population part. My product inventoru lis has about 250 items with varying prices. I copied the product list w/ any prolems to the data validation part of ...

I m looking for design templates for the oil field
I need templates for valves pipe turns andohter related hardware try http://www.flair-infomatics.co.uk/downloads.htm John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24A9F42D-391C-445A-BB45-5A9790597706@microsoft.com... >I need templates for valves pipe turns andohter related hardware ...

Scrolling Along Data Line
Often, but not always, when I scroll along my chart data line to examine data, my date information often comes out like this: "7 day" point "39445" Value:141 In other words, my date "39445" is not shown as "Dec. 30"?? Why not? Thanks, FLKulchar ...

I need a DVD case template
I am after templates for DVD cases not CD/DVD cases - any suggestions? Might modify one of these http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=dvd&sc=4&av=ZPB Try Neato or Avery for templates. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Helpee" <Helpee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D09FCCDF-4C85-4CFA-AA5B-D87184C54A87@microsoft.com... >I am after templates for DVD cases not CD/DVD cases - any suggestions? ...

Wanted: Data Analysis Workbook
Hi All, I am generating large amounts of data that need to be analyzed on the fly. To simplify the problem, consider an Excel workbook that has n number of data sheets, S1 to Sn. Each spreadsheet has 5 columns, C1 to C5 and x number of rows, R1 to Rx, in addition to the a header row. The workbook also has one main sheet called Smain. The workbook should be capable of doing the following automatically, either by pressing a button or auto-refresh when the data is updated: 1. The rows of each data sheet should be sorted max to min according to C3. 2. If the maximum value in C3 of a given sheet...

template for deleting columns.....
I'm trying automate the process of deleting about 70 columns from a spreadsheet...I need to find out how this can be done (I'm assuming I need to run some program to do this).....the columns I need to delete will always be the same and to do this manually is killing me...any ideas? Thanks, Jeff Try recording a macro when you select some columns and delete them. You'll see the code that works for you. If you're anything like me, you may want to hide the columns instead of deleting them (just another option). If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitc...

Quote template
Does anyone have a form I can use to get a quote from a contractor for a job? In Excess 2000 there used to be numerous templates. They are no longer easily accessible in XP. Please send answer to kitylove2@aol.com Thank you http://office.microsoft.com/templates you should be able to find a template to meet your needs here. -- Paul Ballou MVP Office http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx http://office.microsoft.com/templates http://office.microsoft.com/home Control the things you can and Don't Worry about the things you can't control. "Kitylove2" <Kit...

xcell template
i am trying to create a speadsheet that adds up all the xl or m or small in the t shirt collum then give me the total number for that coolum. i.e t/shirt sweat shirt coat xl m xl m xl xl m s m s s s total tshirt xl=1 sweat shirt xl=1 coat xl=2 m=2 m=1 m=1 s=1 s=2 ...

Small Book Template
I am looking for a Publisher template for a paperback size book (any size will do though). I'm looking for a template that has all the necessary formatting to send to a printer as well as the necessary pages in the front and back. Thanks in advance. Dianne Siebold Dianne, Check with your printer first. You may find they don't use Publisher. I love the program myself but I've learned that the publishing world isn't as enamored as I am. -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. --Emile-August Chartier "...

adding subject line to e-mail template
I have depts in my company who weekly send me a spreadsheet of companys to receive a standard e-mail sent using Outlook 98. I created a DOT file in Word for the e- mail body. I set the mail format to Word and the template to the DOT file. Since the subject is the same for each e- mail, is there a way to add the subject line to the template? ...

Combine data in one bar for a PIVOT bar graph
My COLUMN Headings are as follows: Month-Day-Date-Sales-Discounts-Net, where Day is the day of the week, Mon. Tues. etc. I want my Page tabs in the Pivot Chart to be Month and Day. My Chart Type is Stacked Column. My Y Axes would be dollars, and my X axes would be the Date. I would like to show Total Sales, with the amount of the discounts shown on the same "bar" with different color. One of the issues, I believe, is the fact that Excel only has 255 columns, where there are 365 days in the year. I believe this because I tried to make Sales a Series field, and received an e...

data provider fai
fai data provider is sending the data regarding the music disk in japanese, what happened? Do you perhaps have the Japanese Media Guide selected? What happens if you go to http://windowsmedia.com ? -- Speaking for myself only. See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -- "jalmonte280" <jalmonte280@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0CA49C5-11EC-4EAC-90DA-35E40A4B30ED@microsoft.com... > fai data provider is sending the data regarding the...

Need some pointers
I just started playing with the XML extensions of the CRL and have a question and have not seen how why what I have here is happening. Now I do know my XML is not complete and the file layout we are starting with is simply a prototype Any way here is a cut out of my xml file <IADSNOTES type='public' count='4'><Note ID='1' app='Readr' csm='0'><File href='C:\IADS\DEMO\DEMO.SGM'/><Frame num='1' id='INTRODUCTION TO IADS' title=''/><User>Guest</User><Pos ScrollPos='0'/><Te...

template?
I have several word doc. pages that I would like to convert into email templates that I can send to various contacts as needed. The docs. have graphics etc. already. Is there a way to drop them into an email message and keep them as a template? -- Trying to get ahead Outlook and Word versions?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "G...

Template help Window
OK this sounds odd but how do I keep the template help window from appearing when I open my template? Thanks in advance, Barry ...

delete template
when I open word an old text comes up everytime like a template, I have tried to delete, I have tried to find normal.dot file to delete when I am in word it won't let me delete because file is open this is driving me crazy please help See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:34:01 -0700, maw <maw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when I open wor...

Enable lot tracking after Item setup
Is there a way to enable tracking on an inventory item after it's been setup and/or there's an on-hand balance? Thanks, Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL Mr. Whaley, can yoiu answer this one? Thanks! Frank It looks like once it has a balance you cannot change it. I would export old items and import them as new items with a single character chnage to the item #. The discontinue old items "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote: > Is there a way to enable tracking on an inventory item after it's been > setup and/or there's an on-hand balan...