Taking the Mode based on cell value

0
Sip8316 (15)

Could you provide a few more details about what you want to do?

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"sip8316" <sip8316@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
chip1 (1821)

Concatenate spaces before each alt-enter seperated value in a cell?
I hope I am making sense. Within one cell, I have several values seperated by alt-enter. So it looks this: abcdef <alt-enter> abcdef <alt-enter> abcedf <alt-enter> I want spaces before each "abcdef" so it will look like this: abcdef <alt-enter> abcdef <alt-enter> abcedf <alt-enter> This gets close: =REPT(" ",4)&SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(10),CHAR(10)&REPT(" ",4)) But it actually adds extra characters at the right end of the string. Change the 4 (in both spots) to how many space characters you want. wa...

Take Ownership
What does it mean to Take Ownership of a file or folder? <PeoplesChoice@Chicago.net> wrote in message news:gjqqv5ddgj7uesie7vdej1tshbv49unr1u@4ax.com... > What does it mean to Take Ownership of a file or folder? It means to transfer ownership of an object from the original owner to you, (your account). Google ' Take Ownership ' for more information. To take ownership of a file or a folder How to take ownership of a file You must have ownership of a protected file in order to access it. If another user has restricted access and you are the computer administ...

how to sum up or count based on dates
Let say I have this file will multiple sheets: Bob, Adam, Shiela This example in Bob sheet: Date Activities Venue 3/19/2006 Parents Meeting Branch 3/25/2006 Area Meeting A HQ 4/3/2006 Clients Orientation Branch 5/11/2006 Team Meeting HQ Adam: Date Activities Venue 2/8/2006 Clients Oreintation Branch 3/25/2006 Area Meeting B HQ 4/17/2006 Team Meeting HQ...

Non number cells #2
Hello, I'm currently using the following Macro: =============================================== Dim rng As Range Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(x1Up).Row For row_index = lastrow - 1 Step -1 If Not IsNumeric(Cells(row_index, 1).Value) Then Rows (row_index).delete End IF Next =============================================== This will remove any row when a Cell in column "A" is anyhting else than a number. What do I need to add if, after doing this first Macro, I would like to do the same thing but...

Text not displayed in cells.
System: Microsoft Office 2000 SR3 with all Patches installed. We have a problem with many of any Excel Spreadsheets where some cells that have a sizeable amount of text are not displaying all the text, it just cuts off towards the end. If you edit the text it is all there, but when you enter it, it just disappears again. This problems occurs on our spreadsheets where the information is entered manually, and also on spreadsheets where the data is imported from a SQL database. My research on this problem has come up with nothing, and my users are getting impatient as when they print ...

lock volume under non admin mode
Hi, After a little investigation, I found an easy way to CreateFile over volume under non admin mode and to know if there is open handle to the volume. All you have to do is to set dwDesiredAccess flag in CreateFile function to MAXIMUM_ALLOWED. The function return Handle and the Handle can be used in DeviceIoControl function in order to gain lock over the volume. I wrote a little program to check it and its looks OK. since microsoft claim that it's isn't possible to create file over volume in non admin mode: "The caller must have administrative privileges. For more information, se...

Implementing XML Base?
I'm reading a document with the XmlTextReader, and I want to make it XML Base aware, so I need to implement this somehow. What's the most effective way of doing it? I imagine having a variable that's keeping the current base URI, and then look for an xml:base attribute at every new start element, and update the variable if needed. Would that be all? I know some have made useful extensions to the System.Xml namespace, but I'm not interested in learning a new API now. Gustaf * Gustaf Liljegren wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >I'm reading a document with the ...

Display Custom Market & Value
Hi Maybe this is a simple chart example but I am not able to figure it out. I have some data in the format below. Date 1 Value 1 Jan 10 2 Jan 20 3 Jan 40 4 Jan 30 5 Jan 50 and so on (around 1000 entries) Now I have some events that happen at certain values. Like at 30 there is a positive event that has a value +10%. Lets say at 40 value, I have a negative event has a value -10%. I store this information in two columns. I can also concatenate it if needed. I want the Text "P 10%" along with a Marker at the value ...

Bookmarks take me away from email
I use "Actions > Send Web Page by E-mail". Then setup the bookmark, and a link to the bookmark in Outlook. This link takes the recipient to the web page (www.webpage.com#bookmark), rather than jumping them to that part of the email. It seems like this should be possible since you can set the link to go to a bookmark. I don't even get how it thinks I would possibly want it to go to a web page. Help is much appreciated! ...

Subtracting values in a query
I have a query with multiple repeating values, each value has a set of readings assigned to it How do I subtract the max/min from the readings for each value (looking for change over time)? Example: Value Reading over time 1 2 1 3 1 0.5 2 3 2 4 2 1 3 7 3 2 3 0.3 I would like Access to automatically subtract 3 - 0.5 for value 1; 4 - 1 for value 2; and so on. Is this possible? Thanks! Replace 'z' with your [Value] and 'x' ...

Can text too long for cell NOT carry over into cells after it?
I have a cell with a full sentence in it. The cell is too small for that sentence so of course it carries over the cells to the right of it to display the whole sentence. Is there a way to have the sentences only show as much as the width of the cell its in? For my purpose of about 20 columns per record, it would just be a lot easier if i can have all the cells as small as i can to work with because it will be imported into another program Check out the options from Format Cells dialog Select cells>Right click>FormatCells>'Alignment' tab>Text control..'...

debugging in release mode
I have a program that runs well in debug mode. when i switch to release mode i get access violations. but of course i am thrown into a disassembly view that tells me almost nothing about where the problem is. I guess it has to do with optimization and how my code interacts with that. I would like some tips on how to find and fix this type of problem. As a test, I created a new mode and copied from debug mode and then went in and switched off debug information in the compiler and linker. what else would i have to switch off to protect the executable from containing anything of the sourc...

How can I show values, not formulas in Excel?
When I add a VLOOKUP function and fill down, the formula, not the resultant value, is displayed in the cells. The DISPLAY FORMULA checkbox in OPTIONS in not checked. Thanks! Could be that your cells are formatted as text, format as General. HTH JG "jwbass" wrote: > When I add a VLOOKUP function and fill down, the formula, not the resultant > value, is displayed in the cells. The DISPLAY FORMULA checkbox in OPTIONS in > not checked. > > Thanks! Make sure it is not formatted as text -- mphell0 -------------------------------------------------------------...

Splitting 1 cell w/2 words into 2 separate cells
Hey everyone! I have a listing of fantasy football players listed as (Firstname Lastname) in one cell. How can I split them up, so the first name is in one cell, and the last name in another? I need this so I can then sort by last name. Thank you! Gary Gary, Select the column, then use Data - Text to columns. Specify a space as the delimiter. Ensure that the next column is currently empty first. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Gary Hopkins" <garyh@somewhereoutthere.com> wrote in message news:41...

calculation taking too long
Currently I have a sheet where I enter my data and then another sheet within the same workbook that makes various calculations based on this data. But every time I enter data, it takes a long time for my formulas to calculate, upwards of a minute. I am pretty sure this is because my formulas contain entire columns as ranges (i.e. A:A rather than A1:A100). However I need to use A:A in my formulas as my data sheet is indefinitely long and I will continue to add to this over the years. I don't want to have to go back and change all my formulas to A1:A200 every time my data e...

Trying to Change a Value in the Item Type Drop-Down on Item Maint
I have been trying to change the string displayed for one of the values in the Item Type field. I'm trying to replace "Kit" with something else because of some of the confusion that word causes. I can get to the list of values for the Item Type field and replace the "Kit" value with something else, but then I can never save the change. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Open Modifier and locate the word "Kit" under the String resources. You can replace this word system wide. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC ...

No shading of selected cells
I realise that this has come up on this group before but I couldn't find an answer for it. On my computer, selected cells in Excel 2007 are not shaded at all - I'm not saying the shading is faint, there is literally no shading. See this picture as an example: http://jaffa.f2s.com/xl1.png Selecting multiple cells is even worse; can anyone guess which cells are selected in this picture? http://jaffa.f2s.com/xl2.png Hope someone can help. Jeff Have you set Windows to a high-contrast setting? -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email...

Text in cell is not visible! 8(
My cell is formatted to accept string type data. However, if the text length is bigger than the cell length then all I see are a bunch of "##################" characters in the cell. Can't Excel just show the text that fits in the cell and possibly clip off the text that extends beyond the cell??? How can I do this? thank u! Try changing the format to General. Excel has trouble strings between 256 and 1024 characters in cells formatted as Text. Robert Crandal wrote: > > My cell is formatted to accept string type data. However, if > the text ...

Prevent Manual Calculation Mode
Is there a way to prevent the manual calculation mode. It seems 2003 "knows" when to set it. In most cases I find it annoying when results are obviously not what they're supposed to be, and I haven't set the manual mode myself. Hi, This 'feature' of Excel causes it to remember the calculation setting of the first workbook opened in a session so if that workbok was set to calculation manual then it picks up that setting. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still ...

Logging in taking too long
Why do SOME users' computers on my network take an unusual amount of time to log onto the network? I'm talking 15-20 min long! Not all of them too! This all started when we brought our server to our Austin office, due to Hurricane Rita, and brought it back to the gulf coast. When we brought it to Austin, we had to change settings (don't know what settings); then once we came back... there are some users who take forever to get on the server. Please help. Thank you, -- lfheb Have you checked event logs on both the client and the server? There has to be something in t...

Cell Format for Account Numbers
I am tracking expenses for different credit card and bank accounts in an Excel workbook. Everything works just fine except that whenever I enter a 16 digit account number in a cell formatted for Number Category with 0 decimal places, the last digit changes to "0". The General Number Category results in some sort of scientific notation. For example, "3.56121E+15". I am not sure what to specify for the Custom Category if I were to use that. I know I can enter the text in the cells beginning with a ' to force it to display the exact text, but I would like to avoid t...

Link and plain text in the same cell
Hello: Question: am I able to create a cell that will ahve a link and plain text in the same cell? Example "Visit my site at www.me.com for todays special" The only part I would like to link is the address. Thanks for the help. Excel won't allow that without a bit of cheating. Maybe you could place a rectangle from the Drawing toolbar over the characters for the link. Remove the border and assign the hyperlink to that rectangle. If you format the string nicely (blue and underlined???), it may work ok. Jim wrote: > > Hello: > > Questio...

Formula to move from cell to cell
I need to create a formula that looks at cell P6 and if <> 0 does a calculation, if P6 is equal to 0 it moves to cell Q6 and looks to see if it is 0 or not, if not then it creates a calculation then onto cell R6 etc. The calculation needs to be based on whatever the last cell is that is <>0. P6 is the last cell <>0 then use that otherwise move to the next cell. The formula needs to be applicable up to cell W6. Thanks in advance! Ok, so if a cell <>0 does that mean it contains some number other than 0? If so, are these numbers always positive? -- Bif...

Washington State, Destination Based Tax Solution
I wanted to let everyone know that we(American Retail Supply Technology Solutions, www.makeyouhappy.com or www.posformystore.com ) have created a solution for RMS to work on the Destination Based Sales Tax that takes effect in Washington State on July 1st. For Detailed information please send us an email at (possupport AT americanretailsupply DOT com) . This solution is a per store cost not a per lane as most solutions cost, and is designed for non HQ type stores. Thanks ...

How long will it take for migration?
Hi, I plan to do migration SBS 2003 to SBS 2008. I have about 500 GB data on the source server. and I have gigabyte network. How long it will take for the migration? Will the migration, will users feel the slow open files on server? Will the migration use a lot of CPU or memory? Thanks in advance! Lisa Hi Lisa (again <g>) The acutal moving over of the data files is trivial. It will take a few minutes to an hour. The real time consumer here is the moving of the exchange mail and public folders, which can take days. If you want/need a more accurate estimate of ...