Tabs Hidden in Format Cell Box

When I right click on a cell and hit Format Cell, the lower tabs in the box
that comes up giving me the options for formatting are hidden. I can see the
upper tabs but not the lower tabs, why is this?
0
JDM1 (8)

I've heard of this before and the 'problem' was that the user had selected a
large DPI setting under Control Panel, Display Properties, Advanced,
General.  Setting to Normal fixed it.

--
Jim
"JDM" <JDM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| When I right click on a cell and hit Format Cell, the lower tabs in the
box
| that comes up giving me the options for formatting are hidden. I can see
the
| upper tabs but not the lower tabs, why is this?

0
jrrech (1933)
8/16/2005 3:29:04 PM
Which version of Excel are you using?  I use 2003, and only have tabs o
the upper part of the Format Cells box (Number, Alignment, Font, Border
Patterns and Protection).  The lower part of the box have the OK an
Cancel buttons.

Bruc

--
swatsp0

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1510
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39612

Jim Rech Wrote:
> I've heard of this before and the 'problem' was that the user ha
> selected a
> large DPI setting under Control Panel, Display Properties, Advanced,
> General.  Setting to Normal fixed it.
>
> --
> Jim

I'm experiencing this same problem. And yes, I do have my DPI cranke
way up. I understand when you say that setting the DPI back down t
normal "fixed it", but that's NOT a fix -- it's a workaround. Th
problem still exists, and I think Microsoft needs to address it.

Mar

--
Peterei
Petereit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2921

Evil combo box resizing problem
I use combo boxes in a resizable dialog. But I noticed that if I resize the controls (I use DeferWindowPos for flicker-free resize),and there is a matching string text in the list (for example, if the edit field contained "B", and there was "Base" string), the text in the combobox gets replaced with the matching string and the text gets selected (as if the drop-down list was opened and closed). I don't want that. How can I disable it? >I use combo boxes in a resizable dialog. > >But I noticed that if I resize the controls (I use DeferWindowPos for >...

Tab Order in a Contact Form
I created a custom form, adding both buit-in fields and custom fields to the General page. However, when I go to Layout/Tab Order, only the built-in fields that exist on the built-in Contact form show up in the list. Is there any way for me to get the other built-in and custom fields to show up in the Tab Order list? Thanks, Shannon All controls (note: not fields) should appear in the tab order, but if you put some inside a frame, that frame will have its own tab order. Select the frame, then invoked the Tab Order dialog. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues...

check box formatting #3
How do I increase the size of a check box in Excel? I inserted a check box from the form toolbars, but it's so small I can barely read it. If someone could tell me how to increase the size of the check box, I would really appreciate it. Thanks. ...

Special Formatting of Number Field
I have a column that contains 5 digit numbers (12345) and I would like to have this column formatted to add 2 leading zeros, then the first digit, a dash, then the remaining 4 digits. For example, 12345 would be 001-2345. I would to be able to format this column of numbers automatically, and not have to do this for each cell. Select the column and choose Format/Cells/Number/Custom. Enter 000-0000 in the textbox. In article <29B63283-62A4-432E-9C32-AE090B4E1601@microsoft.com>, "weelhow" <weelhow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a column that con...

visio newbie-formatting shapes
I am trying to use the swimlane shape with my actor shapes inside the swimlane. Every time I resize the swimlane shape, all the shapes inside fling to the far corners or the page, sometimes I never find them again. How do I stop this? I also tried teh cross functional band. The shapes will stay inside the band this time, but I cannot get the band to resize, it's boundaries are way outside my page. How can I resize the functional band? On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:36:03 -0700, "msnews.microsoft.com" <katmagic@gmail.com> wrote: >I am trying to use the s...

Password Protecting Cells
Can you protect different cells in a workbook with different passwords? For example, we have different departments that complete particular sections of a spreadsheet and we would like to be able to password protect each departments section with a different password. Thanks, Bernie J. Gord Dibben has some code here that can be modified: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/conversation.aspx?messageid=32445330&threadid=32445325 Where Gord unlocks columns, you might unlock ranges. Example: Case Is = "Steve": Range("A3:B30").Cells.Locked = False Note that that Gord did not...

Exchange tasks tab on domain controllers
When we were running Exchange 2K, I could add a mailbox from any domain controller, but can't now that we've migrated to Exchange 2K3. Was this a function of connection agreements in Exchange 2K/5.5? Is there any way to re-enable this functionality? Thx. Phil: Thanks much. Is it my imagination, or are details like that hard to find? P >-----Original Message----- >On the domain controllers that are not running Exchange run the Exchange 2003 CD install on them. Install the management tools option. This will enable the tabs in AD on that domain controller. And, yes, ...

Combine tabs from multiple workbooks into one
I was given twelve workbooks (one for each month). Each workbook has one tab. What is the fastest way to combine the twelve workbooks (thus the twelve tabs) into a single workbook? I can open each workbook and move each tab individually, I just thought there might be a more efficient way. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Hi Alayna See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alayna" <Alayna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCBB3B63-84D1-48BD-86D3-7F1D72E99C1C@microsoft.com... >I was given twelve workbooks...

Excel Percents formatted for 1 decimal place
I am using Excel 2007. I have a column that computes a percent. The formula looks like this: b5/26 The percents look great (ex. 96.2%). (I formatted the cell for percents to one decimal) I would like the cell to the right to say "We have "&b5&" instances, or "&b5/26 so on the cell it would say "We have 25 instances, or 96.2%) How do I do this? On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 05:57:21 -0700, Tony No Baloney set fingers to keyboard and typed: > I am using Excel 2007. > > I have a column that computes a percent. The formula looks like this: > b5/26 &g...

Need help with cell defined in Macro
I downloaded SMS 2003 Capacity Planner spread sheet that requires Macro to be enabled. The first time when I ran the Build topology macro, I was able to enter a value of 0 in a field. When I re-ran the the Buid topology macro again, it does not allow me to enter 0. How can I modify this field? ...

Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when clicking on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now I'm back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs open and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Y...

How do I get an automatic reminder with a certain cell value?
Is there a way to receive a pop-up comment or text box when a certain thing is typed into a cell? For example, each time I type "new instrument", I want a reminder to pop-up like a comment would that says "Call Property Accounting". Is there a function like this in Excel? If you have a list of terms, maybe you can use an adjacent helper cell and use a nice =vlookup() formula to show your message. Debra Dalgleish has some instructions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html Aubri wrote: > > Is there a way to receive a pop-up comment or text box when a ...

Stop cross references from picking up formatting from source text
In Word 2003, I am inserting cross references to my headings. The heading styles have 6pt of space before. The cross references pick up this 6pt of space, even though they are contained in a different style. How can I stop them from picking up this space before? -- SuMi Is the spacing before added to the headings as direct formatting or part of the style? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "SuMi" <SuMi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA000EF7-9592-4EC2-A8D2-73D14E1...

Formulas in a cell
Hi, new the the forum.... :) I needed some help regarding formulas and text in one cell. What i'm trying to do is develop a simple formula to calculate a simple number. The formula i have is: =(R3*12)-((R3*12)*0.1) But the problem (or myabe not a problem :( ) is that i need it to show as such: $103.57;1;NO;Case Price Is it possible to have a formula and text in the same cell, if so, how? :confused: Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Saurabh -- sabrol ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sabrol's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

Email Tracking Tab
A gentleman I work with has his setup so he can go into his Sent Items and look at the tracking tabs on the messages. He's had this setup and working for some time now, but recently this is no longer working. He has delivery and read receipts requested for anything he sends. I can't find any logical reason why he does not have the tracking tab anymore. I thought maybe it only applied to messages sent to multiple recipients, but I sent test messages and it didn't make any difference. Did he already process the returned Exchange receipts? When they are marked as read and ...

Copying conditional formats
I can't find anything in help about copying conditional formats to other cells - very frustrated. Help infers that the Format Painter can be used, but that copies all formatting (color, lines, etcetera). How do we just copy the conditional format and none of the other formatting attributes? Why can't we simply apply one of the existing conditional formatting rules from the conditional format menu? copy the cell | go to edit | paste special | format | ok On Nov 23, 3:55=A0pm, "Blue Max" <mailrich...@msn.com> wrote: > I can't find anything in help about ...

Format Changes?
My boss frequently sends me an Excel file with certain cells and grid lines formatted to print in color, even though there is no need for me to have it in color. There's no way for me to get her to change her ways. Is there a simple way for me to change the sheet so that it will print as all black without having to individually change all her formatting? Excel 2003 Thanks for any assistance. You can try... File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) | Black and white (check mark it) -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) ...

tab not tabbing to next cell
Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there a setting for this somewhere ? Lynn, It's trying to act like Lotus 123. Tools - Options - Transition - Transition navigation keys. Turn it off. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:231f01c3a92f$c1d56290$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there > a setting for this somewhere ? Perfect. Thanks ! >-----Original Message----- ...

blank text boxes
I am trying to copy text from a word 2007 document into a Newsletter template in Publisher 2007 . It creates a text box but does not bring in any text. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Is the text in a text box in Word? Is the text box "pickable'? Could it be behind some sort of background? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "P. Zicari" <PZicari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EBFB246-12C3-4DF9-8EC6-A378B3E8680A@microsoft.com... >I am trying to copy ...

In-cell formula/function to determine the color of a cell?
Hi all, I've been given a sheet with some rows black, and others red. I'd like to put a 1 or a 0 in a column depending on which color the adjacent cell is. Is there an in-cell formula that will do this? TIA, cdj look at ASAPUtilities for functions using cell formats Eric "sherifffruitfly" <sherifffruitfly@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f054cc1b-8a13-4ddd-8aeb-4a878bf52062@k1g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I've been given a sheet with some rows black, and others red. I'd like > to put a 1 or a 0 in a column depending on which colo...

refer a cell text in b1 and extract remaing text from a1
I got text in a1 like "Hydro carbon resin Petrolac 120" and in b1 like "Petrolac 120". Now I need in c1 as "Hydro carbon resin". A formula needed to extract the list in a with reference to list in b in c column. Hi In C1 =SUBSTITUTE(A1,B1,"") -- Regards Roger Govier Narnimar wrote: > I got text in a1 like "Hydro carbon resin Petrolac 120" and in b1 like > "Petrolac 120". Now I need in c1 as "Hydro carbon resin". A formula needed to > extract the list in a with reference to list in b in c colum...

Tab order after using pop up calendar on date field
After selecting a value in a date field by using the pop up calendar, the tab order on the screen sometimes goes to the first dollar sign ($) on the screen and tabs through each dollar sign until the last one is reached and then starts tabbing through the fields starting with the first one instead of just tabbing to the next field. This happens if the cursor was in a text or number field and the value in the field was not selected (highlighted) when the calendar button was pushed. If the date was typed in to the date field (as apposed to selected using the pop up calendar) then the su...

Vlookup cells in combination of two columns (both in the lookup value AND table array)
I am trying to match information in multiple columns (lookup value) to the same multiple columns in the table array. If the combinations don't match then I'd like the return to be #N/A. I think an example can better clarify what I'm trying to accomplish because I haven't a clue whether I can do it... On the lookup worksheet I have... A1 B1 12345 Closeout 12345 First Fill 22233 First Fill 22233 Closeout On table array worksheet I only have one entry. A1 B1 12345 Closeout 22233 F...

Column/Cell format for Vlookup
I have a lookup formula that worked intermittently =vlookup(K4,'WBS!$A2:$G$330,6,0) Here is the problem: If I change the lookup value (say from 411120 to 431130), I get an NA although the numbers are there. If I go to the lookup sheet and copy and paste the value into my worksheet, it worked. Puzzling??? After making sure that the formats were the same -- I got the same result On the advice of a friend, I used Data, Text to Columns... and noticed that the setting was set to General. When I set the setting to Text everthing worked. Why? Why does Format, Cells, Text NOT work and D...

tab order #8
can you specify a tab order in excel? for example. can I specify the folowwing tab order: b1 b2 b3 b4 b10 b11 b12 and ofcourse how? gracias -- daolb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ daolb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382504 Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "daolb" <daolb.1raiyc_1119884723.3538@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:daolb.1raiy...