Table sorting and v look up possible &

Hello,

Just need some advice with regards to the below.

I have 2 tables.

The first consists of 1 column of names and several other columns of other
details. This table contains the records of people i need to update with
details of the 2nd table....

The 2nd table contains 2 columns of the same names but split, with first
name being in a separate column than the surname. Then further columns that
have more info in. This table has 11000 peoples names in as this data is a
simple data dump, opposed to the exact names of the people in table 1 i need.

I will use a v look up but after i have concatenated table 2 - is this going
to work? Or is there a better way?

Comments and advice would be greatly received,

Many Thanks

kelly m johnson

0
Kelly1st (1)

Data table in chart?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01A9_01C69782.28506D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some line chart portraying responses to 20 items. I would like to put a table under each chart the shows the value of not = only the responses that are charted but also the percentage difference = between the two. My problem and the question is that if I use the 'data table' option in = creating the chart the row with the difference is not there. Then if I = try to paste a table under ...

Combobox for Table, From Table
Hi, The online help function tells me I cant make a combobox which finds its entries from a table and stores its entries in the same table. I want users to be able to enter areas where clients live. The combobox needs to fill the Area column in the appropriate table. But I want the combobox to be filled with previous entries from the same column, with the provision that a new entry can be made. The project is expanding thats why I need this. Or do I need to make an extra table with areas that can be filled with a separate command, which is then used as a source for the com...

Migration of Data from v 1.2 to v 3.0
Hi, My current MS CRM v 1.2 runs on SBS. The plan is to use a 3 server deployment using MS CRM v 3.0. What are the ways on how we can migrate the data from v 1.2 to v 3.0 using the new deployment scenario (3 servers)??? Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you. Agnes ...

Copy data from on table to another ?
I have lost a lot of data in my backend, but it is only data from a few columns, in one tabel, that I have lost. My tabel is called taCustemor, and the columns in that table is called fakFirm, fakAdress. I have use a custemornumber as a primarykey. So now I want to copy only these columns from my backup of the backend to my backend in use. I'm sure that I can do this buy using SQL, but I'm not sure how to make this querie. Can some one out there help me ? You want to use an append query. See Help file for info. In the database where you want the data to be when you're done, ...

pivot table again
i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty others are value how can i split the table into two seperate sections one showing qty and the other showing values (if that makes sense) If your quantities and values are in the same column, you'd need to use a "helper column" that differetiates them (Qty vs Amt) Then you can include that field in the pivot table before tha field containing the quantities and amounts. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "max power" wrote: > i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty other...

Is it possible to connect grouped objects?
I'm trying to create shapes that when scaled has certain pieces that 'lock' to an edge (a drop down menu for example, which when scaled will expand the menu area but the drop down button is fixed in size). I've had some success but find that the glue behaves inconsistently. For example, if I have a group of objects with an outward connection point and I try to connect it to another group of objects with an inward connection point it doesn't want to glue. Any suggestions for a better (and more consistent!) way of doing this? Do you have more than one outward connectio...

Landscape Table on Portrait Page
Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a page with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can change the text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table, but I would like to know if there is not an easier way. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Johann Swart" <JohannSwart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1119FBC3-2001-48C7-B02E-07D85C7F444E@mic...

Where is tables in reports
Is there anyway to get tables into reports? If there is none then is there a work around. The forms I have to make use many block cells. In word tables makes things easy. ...

I am looking for a template to create bank deposit slips.
I am so tired of lilling out bank deepost slips and I am looking for a template to create my own. Thanks. Unless your printer has a magnetic ink cartridge, you will not be able to do this. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "kkmoore" <kkmoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:571C5524-B368-492A-89CD-34CB94E7EF99@microsoft.com... >I am so tired of lilling out bank deepost slips and I am looking for a > template to create my own. > Thanks. > On Jan 7, 10:51...

Ensuring only one commission per product in Access Table
Good afternoon, Please can someone help me. In my Access Database I have a table called tblCommission, with the fields: Commission_ID;Client_account; Product_code; Commission; Exchange (£ or $) I need a method to ensure that each client can have a commission set for every product - but that a client cant have to commission's for one product: eg: I need a method to prevent this: Comm_ID Client_account Product_code Commission Exchange 1 000001 Coke 3 $ 2 000001 Coke ...

How do you create a table with a shaded header in Word 2007 or 201
Hi.. Can anybody tell me, how you create a table, and then shade the first row in it to something like gray, then set the grid lines to gray or something, and maybe set the alignment in it to centered... This is 2007 or 2010, not 2003 in which it was possible to do so. Thanks. Select the first row of the table and then right click with the mouse and select Borders and shading. For the alignment, select and right click and select Cell alignment -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting ba...

Recreating HR tables
I've been having some problems with HR. I've had to create some tables so the program would run. I simply copied the tables from another compagnie where is was saying I had missing tables. I'm wondering if there is a list of Tables for HR and Canadian Payroll or if it were possible to recreate these missing tables another way? I currently have this error as well: Could not find stored procedure 'Compagnie.dbo.hrCompDoesHrCompExist' ...

Table Expert
When a case is resolved, there is a dropdown to select the amount of "Billable Time" for the case. I have searched tables but cannot find where this data is stored. Is there anyone that know the schema where this data is kept? Bryon, When you resolve a case, the resolution screen fields are added into the activity table as a resolution type of activity. The Billable Time value appears in the TimeSpent field. (While building my auditing application, VAST, I've had to become much more of a CRM schema expert that I ever wanted to be - by the way, you can see these reso...

Pivot table subtotals 100% #2
This is what I am aiming for but how can I get 100% in subtotals for first year and the increase %age for the second and subsequent year please 2002 2003 Apples excellent 15 22.72% 16 24.23% good 21 31.82% 25 37.88% poor 30 46.46% 39 60.39% 66 100% 80 122.5% Greens excellent 12 17.65% 37 54.42% good 27 39.70% 51 74.98% poor 29 42.65% 47 69.12% ...

Table info
In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which table i can find this information. Great Plains 7.5 Thanks in advance Deepwater, PM00300 holds all the address information for each address ID. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "Deepwater" <Deepwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9296B22-2B44-4D64-9E3C-DC5FE4B07028@microsoft.com... > In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which > table i can find this...

Query will not sort
I have made a query and it will not sort one of my fields. I thought it was a simple query but maybe not. Field: Area, Sort Ascending Field: OrderNumber, Sort Ascending Field: Status, Criteria Like "*Y*" Field: Week 1, Criteria Is Null It will do everything except sort on the order number. -- Lenee Lenee Please post the SQL statement of your query. ?Are you saying that the query should sort on OrderNumber first? If so, why is Area first? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services ...

Extender tables #2
Hello! We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are there any available SDK's for Extender or maybe any table lists? Thanks, Andi Saldana There are but I think only partners can get them. Please send me a message and I'll send you what I have. "Andi Saldana" wrote: > Hello! > > We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great > Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are > there any avai...

Reports are sorted in reverse alphabetical order
Help! In Money 2004, I am trying to obtain a report of transactions by payee or by transaction, but it sorts the payees in reverse alphabetical order, starting with w and ending with a. How can I change it to start with a and end with w? I haven't had this problem in previous versions of Money. Click on "payee" at the top. Notice the little arrow change. Keep clicking until you figure it all out. "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96ea01c3ea59$04feeb30$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Help! In Money 2004, I am trying to obtain a...

Pivot Table Axis format
Hi. I have a macro that creates a pivot-table and pivot chart. The X-axis is a date. In the raw data, the date is formated as month/day. This is the way I want it on the chart. However, the X-axis formats with month/day/year. How can I force this to display correctly? Thanks, Mike. Do you see a grey little dropdown under the X axis (where you can choose your dates to show)? If yes, then rightclick on it. Select the top option: "Format pivotchart field" then click on the Number button on the next dialog. There are a bunch of date formats that you can choose from. Maybe...

Inserting table to other table
I have a form which consists of a table. I want to insert some selected value into other table when i update and at the same time I want it to save into my own table too... May I know the way please..... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200704/1 I'm having trouble visualizing your situation. Could you provide an example of data? -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ Microsoft Registered Partner http...

table to new table
hi thanks for your time and help i have an access table which is an automatic update so its data is constantly changing but the fields stay the same. i need to be able to transfer the data at the click of a button from the linked table into an access table without deleting the data already stored in the main table. i have tried looking at the transfer spreadsheet but this does not work. thanks for the help hi, Rivers wrote: > i have an access table which is an automatic update so its data is > constantly changing but the fields stay the same. > i need to be able to transfer...

Pivot Table not sorting correctly
In column A I have several of the same names listed more than once spelled exactly the same but when these line are pulled into a pivot table each is displayed seperately. I followed the same exact procedure for this table as I have for the others that I displayed correctly. What causes those lines to be displayed on separate lines? Perhaps some of the entries have space characters at the end, and others don't. Marian wrote: > In column A I have several of the same names listed more than once spelled > exactly the same but when these line are pulled into a pivot table each ...

Don't sort top two rows?
Hi all, Is there a way to automatically exclude the top two rows from a sort? I realize we could simple highlight the other rows but this file has alot of columns and it's kind of a pain to make sure we have the everything but the top two rows selected. Thanks Toney Hi You could insert a blank, hidden row underneath row 2. This would make Excel assume that the extent of your data is row 4 downwards. When you sort, however, you will have to use column names (A, B etc) rather than what is in the top row. Some people posting on this site always advocate manually selecting data for ...

Pivote table adding Fileds
Dear All Happy new year I had creat pivote table on table that was exported from Access (it was exported from query that based on relation beteen tabled ) ,if i make refreshing data on the same filds the new data will be refrexhed withot any problem , but when i add new filds in the query and exported again (with the same name and the same orginal fields but with one or two more additional fileds ) if i make refresh he can get and match the old filds but not the new filds , so i can not add this filds to the pivote table unless i restart the pivote table from the start , MY Question is , is...

TAble Insert
I have a person table that has id, firstname, lastname, address, city, state, zip. I have set all fields except id to have required = no and allow zero length = yes. But when I try the following query it will not insert the record because the firstname is not filled out. Any ideas? INSERT INTO person ( id, lastname, firstname, address, city, state, zip ) VALUES (1783, 'Hacienda La Daniela', '', '5310 SW 192 Avenue', 'Sw Ranches', 'Fl', '33331'); Try inserting Null instead of a zero-length string: INSERT INTO ... VALUES (1783, 'Hacienda...