Table format

 Is there a way to place separate tables on one worksheet
in Excel? I would like to be able to format one table
without effecting the other columns/rows in a table.  The
Excel help search option did not give me any helpful
information. I have attached for example a  document
formatted in Word showing separate tables.  However, I
would like to be able to format this financial information
in Excel.

Jim R.
0
astromo44 (2)

For the most part a "table" is not an Excel concept.  It's really just data.
You can put data anywhere you want in a sheet.

For some specific purposes like Data, Form and AutoFilters you can have only
one list use that feature at a time.  But you can always switch them to
other lists/ranges.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1933)

Copy data from on table to another ?
I have lost a lot of data in my backend, but it is only data from a few columns, in one tabel, that I have lost. My tabel is called taCustemor, and the columns in that table is called fakFirm, fakAdress. I have use a custemornumber as a primarykey. So now I want to copy only these columns from my backup of the backend to my backend in use. I'm sure that I can do this buy using SQL, but I'm not sure how to make this querie. Can some one out there help me ? You want to use an append query. See Help file for info. In the database where you want the data to be when you're done, ...

pivot table again
i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty others are value how can i split the table into two seperate sections one showing qty and the other showing values (if that makes sense) If your quantities and values are in the same column, you'd need to use a "helper column" that differetiates them (Qty vs Amt) Then you can include that field in the pivot table before tha field containing the quantities and amounts. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "max power" wrote: > i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty other...

Conditional Format for Blank Cells
I am trying to figure out, if possible, to make certain blank cells in a row/column to be filled-in (blacked out) if a certain cell contains a particular text. For example: Let's say I'm wanting to create a spreadsheet that will help me indicated, from a list of ingredients in Column A, what ingredients to make for certain cakes. If Cell B1 Contains the word 'pound cake', then I wanted a range of cells in that same column to shade out those ingredients that do not pertain to making a pound cake. Is this clear? Is this possible?? Thanks! -- -Liz >I...

Data table in chart?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01A9_01C69782.28506D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some line chart portraying responses to 20 items. I would like to put a table under each chart the shows the value of not = only the responses that are charted but also the percentage difference = between the two. My problem and the question is that if I use the 'data table' option in = creating the chart the row with the difference is not there. Then if I = try to paste a table under ...

Combobox for Table, From Table
Hi, The online help function tells me I cant make a combobox which finds its entries from a table and stores its entries in the same table. I want users to be able to enter areas where clients live. The combobox needs to fill the Area column in the appropriate table. But I want the combobox to be filled with previous entries from the same column, with the provision that a new entry can be made. The project is expanding thats why I need this. Or do I need to make an extra table with areas that can be filled with a separate command, which is then used as a source for the com...

Money 2006 date format #2
How do I change the date format from "dd/mm/yyyy" to "mm/dd/yyyy"? Seems like such a simple thing but I can't figure it out. In microsoft.public.money, Mike C wrote: >How do I change the date format from "dd/mm/yyyy" to "mm/dd/yyyy"? Seems >like such a simple thing but I can't figure it out. Close Money. From the Windows Control Panel, Go to Regional and Language Options. You can change regions, or you can click Customize, and choose the Date tab. You may have to reboot; I am not sure. ...

Landscape Table on Portrait Page
Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a page with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can change the text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table, but I would like to know if there is not an easier way. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Johann Swart" <JohannSwart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1119FBC3-2001-48C7-B02E-07D85C7F444E@mic...

format cells for date not working...please help
I have imported a text document, everything worked. I have dates i cells in a format like 23-5-2004. I need to change them to 5/23/2004. go to format the cells to this date format and nothing happens. I hav tried to format a single cell this way, and nothing. I have als unchecked the protection box. It will kill me to do 5000 dates one b one. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm guessing the 23-5-2004 is Text, not a real date. Try selecting the dates and Data>Text to Columns>Next>Next "column data format"...

Where is tables in reports
Is there anyway to get tables into reports? If there is none then is there a work around. The forms I have to make use many block cells. In word tables makes things easy. ...

save formats of percentage when copying a chart
How do I keep the percentage format of data on a chart when I copy/move the chart to another spreadsheet that does not have the original data in it? ...

How do you create a table with a shaded header in Word 2007 or 201
Hi.. Can anybody tell me, how you create a table, and then shade the first row in it to something like gray, then set the grid lines to gray or something, and maybe set the alignment in it to centered... This is 2007 or 2010, not 2003 in which it was possible to do so. Thanks. Select the first row of the table and then right click with the mouse and select Borders and shading. For the alignment, select and right click and select Cell alignment -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting ba...

Recreating HR tables
I've been having some problems with HR. I've had to create some tables so the program would run. I simply copied the tables from another compagnie where is was saying I had missing tables. I'm wondering if there is a list of Tables for HR and Canadian Payroll or if it were possible to recreate these missing tables another way? I currently have this error as well: Could not find stored procedure 'Compagnie.dbo.hrCompDoesHrCompExist' ...

Table Expert
When a case is resolved, there is a dropdown to select the amount of "Billable Time" for the case. I have searched tables but cannot find where this data is stored. Is there anyone that know the schema where this data is kept? Bryon, When you resolve a case, the resolution screen fields are added into the activity table as a resolution type of activity. The Billable Time value appears in the TimeSpent field. (While building my auditing application, VAST, I've had to become much more of a CRM schema expert that I ever wanted to be - by the way, you can see these reso...

Changing the Year in formatted Date
I would like to change to year portion from 2009 to 2010 in multiple cells. The cells are formatted as Date with *3/14/2001 selected for k = 1 to 5 Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(k,2)=Date if Date.year = 2009 then Date.year=2010 next k Date.year is incorrect. How do I change and save the date? Sub dural() Dim d As Date, s As String For i = 1 To 30 d = Cells(i, 1).Value m = Month(d) dt = Day(d) s = m & "/" & dt & "/" & "2010" Cells(i, 1).Value = DateValue(s) Next End Sub -- Gary''s...

Column Formats & Merging to Word
Recently upgraded to v. 2003 and now have a problem with data that merges into MS Word 2003. The excel column has a basic formula in it, and is formatted to show only one decimal place. However, when it merges into word, there are many decimal places (8, 10, can't remember how many). How do I fix this? It was never an issue in v 2000. TIA Christina Christina There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On...

Ensuring only one commission per product in Access Table
Good afternoon, Please can someone help me. In my Access Database I have a table called tblCommission, with the fields: Commission_ID;Client_account; Product_code; Commission; Exchange (£ or $) I need a method to ensure that each client can have a commission set for every product - but that a client cant have to commission's for one product: eg: I need a method to prevent this: Comm_ID Client_account Product_code Commission Exchange 1 000001 Coke 3 $ 2 000001 Coke ...

Pivot table subtotals 100% #2
This is what I am aiming for but how can I get 100% in subtotals for first year and the increase %age for the second and subsequent year please 2002 2003 Apples excellent 15 22.72% 16 24.23% good 21 31.82% 25 37.88% poor 30 46.46% 39 60.39% 66 100% 80 122.5% Greens excellent 12 17.65% 37 54.42% good 27 39.70% 51 74.98% poor 29 42.65% 47 69.12% ...

Table info
In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which table i can find this information. Great Plains 7.5 Thanks in advance Deepwater, PM00300 holds all the address information for each address ID. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "Deepwater" <Deepwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9296B22-2B44-4D64-9E3C-DC5FE4B07028@microsoft.com... > In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which > table i can find this...

Extender tables #2
Hello! We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are there any available SDK's for Extender or maybe any table lists? Thanks, Andi Saldana There are but I think only partners can get them. Please send me a message and I'll send you what I have. "Andi Saldana" wrote: > Hello! > > We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great > Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are > there any avai...

Cell formatting #17
Periodically, all my formulas show the formula rather than the result. I've tried changing the cell format but it doesn't revert. I have to close the file without saving and then reopen. What causes this and how can I revers it? Thanks Try Ctrl ~ http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Formulas -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Wizzer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:674c01c52805$2576fe30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Periodically, all my formulas show the formula rather than > the result. I've tried changing th...

Pivot Table Axis format
Hi. I have a macro that creates a pivot-table and pivot chart. The X-axis is a date. In the raw data, the date is formated as month/day. This is the way I want it on the chart. However, the X-axis formats with month/day/year. How can I force this to display correctly? Thanks, Mike. Do you see a grey little dropdown under the X axis (where you can choose your dates to show)? If yes, then rightclick on it. Select the top option: "Format pivotchart field" then click on the Number button on the next dialog. There are a bunch of date formats that you can choose from. Maybe...

How can I write directly to a CD from within my app in a standard format?
I know that XP provides support for writing directly to a CD from within any app, but (a) not all my users have XP, and (b) as I understand it, XP uses a non-standard CD format when it does this. I want my users to be able to write files directly to a CD using a completely standard format so that the CD can then be read from any other PC, irrespective of what software they have for processing CDs. I don't really want to write something like that myself. What I'm really after is a freeware DLL that I can use to do it for me. Does anyone know of anything like that? TIA Simon...

Formatting problems in EXCEL 98
On my G3 Powerbook (MacOS 9.0.4, Microsoft Excel 98) I have formatting problems. When I reopen a spreadsheet (one that I have been using for years) now it comes up with column width of '0'. I can correct by Format>>Column>>Unhide. But then I find that the dates or incorrectly formatted, seeing a "###" in the column. I try to expand the column and sometimes they spring to '0' width and other time they expand but the formatting does not correct but stays "###" regardless of the width. I check my formatting and it is unchanged but won't exp...

conditional formatting for revenue drops
Is it possible with conditional formatting to highlight product sales if they drop, such as 60 days 90 days and so on, this needs to be sent to remote sales staff so they can revisit accounts that have been flagged. I've tried every type of format dell value is > 30, 60, and so on, but nothing is working. If anyone has done anything similar to this please let me know. this could of course be written to work with increases as well as decreases. Without a description of where to get the data cell addresses we would be a disadvantage in answering your question. You can read mor...

Inserting table to other table
I have a form which consists of a table. I want to insert some selected value into other table when i update and at the same time I want it to save into my own table too... May I know the way please..... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200704/1 I'm having trouble visualizing your situation. Could you provide an example of data? -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ Microsoft Registered Partner http...