tab not tabbing to next cell

Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there
a setting for this somewhere ?
0
anonymous (74717)

Lynn,

It's trying to act like Lotus 123.  Tools - Options - Transition -
Transition navigation keys.  Turn it off.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there
> a setting for this somewhere ?

0
nowhere8060 (363)
11/12/2003 3:37:15 PM
Perfect. Thanks !

0
anonymous (74717)

Dates and cells values
> "beto" <beto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:11F7A8A3-2F0C-404B-806B-97ED577A45B2@microsoft.com... > > How can I get the minimum value from column C for all 8/24/2009 dates in > > Column A? > > > > I tried some index and match functions but still doesn't work. > > > > Column A Column B Column C Column D > > 8/24/2009 12:12:56 AM 113 904 > > 8/24/2009 12:52:56 AM 114 908 > > 8/24/2009 1:32:56 AM 114 907 > > 8/24/2009 2:12:56 AM 112 897 > > 8/24/2009 2:52...

Tab Order in a Contact Form
I created a custom form, adding both buit-in fields and custom fields to the General page. However, when I go to Layout/Tab Order, only the built-in fields that exist on the built-in Contact form show up in the list. Is there any way for me to get the other built-in and custom fields to show up in the Tab Order list? Thanks, Shannon All controls (note: not fields) should appear in the tab order, but if you put some inside a frame, that frame will have its own tab order. Select the frame, then invoked the Tab Order dialog. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues...

Outlook 2003: Meeting Request not in calendar until the next day
One of my firm's secretaries sent an appointment to three fairly important people a few days ago, but in the case of one person, it did not appear as an appointment in his calendar until a full day had passed. Luckily, the secretary spotted that while checking his Outlook calendar for something else, but it could have been disatrous as it was an important meeting. We use Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003. I have checked the message tracking on the Exchange server, and according to the logs, it was delivered immediately, so I don't understand why it took so long to appear in his calendar. ...

link to cell, including hyperlink
searching the forums and i can't seem to find any post that solve m problem. basically i have a long colomn of links starting in cell A1, that i a hyperlink to a picture, and the word displayed is "screenshot". I' consentaly inserting new cells and shifting the current ones down. Th hyperlinks shift ok and everything. my problem is, i have another sheet that i've made that i will b saving in HTML format for easy viewing online. BUt i only want it t show the most recent 10 screenshots. When I'm on the other sheet an try ='sheet1'!$A$1 instead of copying...

cell pattern displays but will not print #2
Hello, I am trying to format a spreadsheet using colors and patterns. The colors come out fine, but when I add a pattern to the color it only prints the color without the pattern. When I check print pre-view, the pattern is displayed. Can anyone help out here please? Thank you -- Patty Northern New England Please post only once. Changes to fill color and fill pattern are not displayed in Office programs http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Sear...

All day meetings start at 1:00 am and extend until the next day
Does anyone have any leads on why Outlook 2000 shifted all my holidays and all day meetings to run from 1:00 am to 1:00 am. It's pretty disconcerting to come into work on Monday after Easter, and see that the Easter holiday is still going on! I can't be sure, but I do think it is something that has occurred since daylight savings time went into effect. Dave On 13 Apr 2004 15:00, "Tricia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dave, >That happened to ALL of my appointments! Every appointment is now 7 >hours early! Any ideas? Have you checked y...

Password Protecting Cells
Can you protect different cells in a workbook with different passwords? For example, we have different departments that complete particular sections of a spreadsheet and we would like to be able to password protect each departments section with a different password. Thanks, Bernie J. Gord Dibben has some code here that can be modified: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/conversation.aspx?messageid=32445330&threadid=32445325 Where Gord unlocks columns, you might unlock ranges. Example: Case Is = "Steve": Range("A3:B30").Cells.Locked = False Note that that Gord did not...

Exchange tasks tab on domain controllers
When we were running Exchange 2K, I could add a mailbox from any domain controller, but can't now that we've migrated to Exchange 2K3. Was this a function of connection agreements in Exchange 2K/5.5? Is there any way to re-enable this functionality? Thx. Phil: Thanks much. Is it my imagination, or are details like that hard to find? P >-----Original Message----- >On the domain controllers that are not running Exchange run the Exchange 2003 CD install on them. Install the management tools option. This will enable the tabs in AD on that domain controller. And, yes, ...

Combine tabs from multiple workbooks into one
I was given twelve workbooks (one for each month). Each workbook has one tab. What is the fastest way to combine the twelve workbooks (thus the twelve tabs) into a single workbook? I can open each workbook and move each tab individually, I just thought there might be a more efficient way. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Hi Alayna See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alayna" <Alayna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCBB3B63-84D1-48BD-86D3-7F1D72E99C1C@microsoft.com... >I was given twelve workbooks...

Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when clicking on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now I'm back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs open and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Y...

How do I get an automatic reminder with a certain cell value?
Is there a way to receive a pop-up comment or text box when a certain thing is typed into a cell? For example, each time I type "new instrument", I want a reminder to pop-up like a comment would that says "Call Property Accounting". Is there a function like this in Excel? If you have a list of terms, maybe you can use an adjacent helper cell and use a nice =vlookup() formula to show your message. Debra Dalgleish has some instructions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html Aubri wrote: > > Is there a way to receive a pop-up comment or text box when a ...

Need help with cell defined in Macro
I downloaded SMS 2003 Capacity Planner spread sheet that requires Macro to be enabled. The first time when I ran the Build topology macro, I was able to enter a value of 0 in a field. When I re-ran the the Buid topology macro again, it does not allow me to enter 0. How can I modify this field? ...

Using For....Next with Form Controls
I have got 3 label controls on a form; each label control has it own name (list below) - lbl_div_nbr_1 - lbl_div_name_1 - lbl_div_charge_1 These set of 3 labels are then repeats 3 times on the same form, with the name being the only thing that changes e.g. - lbl_div_nbr_2 - lbl_div_name_2 - lbl_div_charge_2 - lbl_div_nbr_3 - lbl_div_name_3 - lbl_div_charge_3 I would like to use a For….next statement to look through and set the values on these labels and make them visible, rather than having to write out 9 separate statements to do this, but my code below isn’t...

Email Tracking Tab
A gentleman I work with has his setup so he can go into his Sent Items and look at the tracking tabs on the messages. He's had this setup and working for some time now, but recently this is no longer working. He has delivery and read receipts requested for anything he sends. I can't find any logical reason why he does not have the tracking tab anymore. I thought maybe it only applied to messages sent to multiple recipients, but I sent test messages and it didn't make any difference. Did he already process the returned Exchange receipts? When they are marked as read and ...

Formulas in a cell
Hi, new the the forum.... :) I needed some help regarding formulas and text in one cell. What i'm trying to do is develop a simple formula to calculate a simple number. The formula i have is: =(R3*12)-((R3*12)*0.1) But the problem (or myabe not a problem :( ) is that i need it to show as such: $103.57;1;NO;Case Price Is it possible to have a formula and text in the same cell, if so, how? :confused: Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Saurabh -- sabrol ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sabrol's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

tab not tabbing to next cell
Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there a setting for this somewhere ? Lynn, It's trying to act like Lotus 123. Tools - Options - Transition - Transition navigation keys. Turn it off. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:231f01c3a92f$c1d56290$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there > a setting for this somewhere ? Perfect. Thanks ! >-----Original Message----- ...

Vlookup cells in combination of two columns (both in the lookup value AND table array)
I am trying to match information in multiple columns (lookup value) to the same multiple columns in the table array. If the combinations don't match then I'd like the return to be #N/A. I think an example can better clarify what I'm trying to accomplish because I haven't a clue whether I can do it... On the lookup worksheet I have... A1 B1 12345 Closeout 12345 First Fill 22233 First Fill 22233 Closeout On table array worksheet I only have one entry. A1 B1 12345 Closeout 22233 F...

Column/Cell format for Vlookup
I have a lookup formula that worked intermittently =vlookup(K4,'WBS!$A2:$G$330,6,0) Here is the problem: If I change the lookup value (say from 411120 to 431130), I get an NA although the numbers are there. If I go to the lookup sheet and copy and paste the value into my worksheet, it worked. Puzzling??? After making sure that the formats were the same -- I got the same result On the advice of a friend, I used Data, Text to Columns... and noticed that the setting was set to General. When I set the setting to Text everthing worked. Why? Why does Format, Cells, Text NOT work and D...

refer a cell text in b1 and extract remaing text from a1
I got text in a1 like "Hydro carbon resin Petrolac 120" and in b1 like "Petrolac 120". Now I need in c1 as "Hydro carbon resin". A formula needed to extract the list in a with reference to list in b in c column. Hi In C1 =SUBSTITUTE(A1,B1,"") -- Regards Roger Govier Narnimar wrote: > I got text in a1 like "Hydro carbon resin Petrolac 120" and in b1 like > "Petrolac 120". Now I need in c1 as "Hydro carbon resin". A formula needed to > extract the list in a with reference to list in b in c colum...

Tab order after using pop up calendar on date field
After selecting a value in a date field by using the pop up calendar, the tab order on the screen sometimes goes to the first dollar sign ($) on the screen and tabs through each dollar sign until the last one is reached and then starts tabbing through the fields starting with the first one instead of just tabbing to the next field. This happens if the cursor was in a text or number field and the value in the field was not selected (highlighted) when the calendar button was pushed. If the date was typed in to the date field (as apposed to selected using the pop up calendar) then the su...

In-cell formula/function to determine the color of a cell?
Hi all, I've been given a sheet with some rows black, and others red. I'd like to put a 1 or a 0 in a column depending on which color the adjacent cell is. Is there an in-cell formula that will do this? TIA, cdj look at ASAPUtilities for functions using cell formats Eric "sherifffruitfly" <sherifffruitfly@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f054cc1b-8a13-4ddd-8aeb-4a878bf52062@k1g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I've been given a sheet with some rows black, and others red. I'd like > to put a 1 or a 0 in a column depending on which colo...

next months birthdays
From what I can tell, MSCRM does not support any kind of lookup/report for birthdays? Anyone have any thoughts on this? Am I just not finding the information. We need to know who has birthdays next month this is critical data for our company. working for the weekend, Antony If you're looking for Advanced Find functionality and you're using CRM 3, you're correct: there is no default way to view birthdays that happen next month. If you're using CRM 4, you can find date fields that are next month in Advanced Find. In CRM 3, you can write a query which can be the basi...

tab order #8
can you specify a tab order in excel? for example. can I specify the folowwing tab order: b1 b2 b3 b4 b10 b11 b12 and ofcourse how? gracias -- daolb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ daolb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382504 Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "daolb" <daolb.1raiyc_1119884723.3538@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:daolb.1raiy...

Count cells with data
I receive large databases each month. I have been able to format the data using PROPER. Though when I follow the instuctions from "3 formatting shortcuts" it calls for dragging the fill handle to the end of the new column to show all the converted cells. My databases are hundreds of names long! Is there a way to count the cells with text in them in advance - without scrolling down to the bottom - and then put the range into the =PROPER (range of cells with data) command? -- Thank you kindly You are using a second column to convert to Proper? You can Double-Click the Fill...

Looking up and displaying a icon based on a cell value
How I Looking up and displaying a icon based on a cell value ? Example: icon :-) when cell C5 <=30 icon :-( when cell c5 >30 and where insert the icons ? thanks Marina Write this formula: =IF(C5>30,CHAR(74),CHAR(76)) Then change the font to Wingdings Ola Sandstr�m or maybe you wanted: IF(C5>30,":-(",":-)") -- olasa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ olasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17760 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37865...