Tab name is grey! I want it black!

Hi, thanks for viewing my post.  I am using 2002 on a mac if that
matters but my worksheet tabs have changed to light grey making it
difficult to see the worksheet number or name.  How would I change it
back to black?  Thanks!

There's some information in the following thread,

http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=fc7dfa0c.0305202337.4bbf46ff%40posting.google.com

and you may want to post your question in the Mac newsgroup:
   microsoft.public.mac.office.excel

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd (439)

Tab Order in a Contact Form
I created a custom form, adding both buit-in fields and custom fields to the General page. However, when I go to Layout/Tab Order, only the built-in fields that exist on the built-in Contact form show up in the list. Is there any way for me to get the other built-in and custom fields to show up in the Tab Order list? Thanks, Shannon All controls (note: not fields) should appear in the tab order, but if you put some inside a frame, that frame will have its own tab order. Select the frame, then invoked the Tab Order dialog. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues...

Combine tabs from multiple workbooks into one
I was given twelve workbooks (one for each month). Each workbook has one tab. What is the fastest way to combine the twelve workbooks (thus the twelve tabs) into a single workbook? I can open each workbook and move each tab individually, I just thought there might be a more efficient way. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Hi Alayna See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alayna" <Alayna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCBB3B63-84D1-48BD-86D3-7F1D72E99C1C@microsoft.com... >I was given twelve workbooks...

Exchange tasks tab on domain controllers
When we were running Exchange 2K, I could add a mailbox from any domain controller, but can't now that we've migrated to Exchange 2K3. Was this a function of connection agreements in Exchange 2K/5.5? Is there any way to re-enable this functionality? Thx. Phil: Thanks much. Is it my imagination, or are details like that hard to find? P >-----Original Message----- >On the domain controllers that are not running Exchange run the Exchange 2003 CD install on them. Install the management tools option. This will enable the tabs in AD on that domain controller. And, yes, ...

My display name
does anyone know how to change the display name in the group? I for some reason put my email address...and I really don't want everyone having my email address :) In the top right corner of the window, next to the Sign In/Sign Out button is the "Edit My Profile" button. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This postin...

Display name of mail enabled public folder
Hi, I have problems with the mail enabled public folder adresses. In the AD, there is "My Company" security group where there are employers of the company, without any mail address. We have Public Folders\Unsorted folder, mail enabled, with address company@company.com and company@company.local. If you send a message from Outlook 2007 to company@company.local it is delivered into the Unsorted folder as it should. However, if you send a message to company@company.com it is translated as "My Company" by outlook and rejected by server as undeliverable....

Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when clicking on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now I'm back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs open and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Y...

Email Tracking Tab
A gentleman I work with has his setup so he can go into his Sent Items and look at the tracking tabs on the messages. He's had this setup and working for some time now, but recently this is no longer working. He has delivery and read receipts requested for anything he sends. I can't find any logical reason why he does not have the tracking tab anymore. I thought maybe it only applied to messages sent to multiple recipients, but I sent test messages and it didn't make any difference. Did he already process the returned Exchange receipts? When they are marked as read and ...

How do I separate a name into 2 columns from Surname, christian n.
I have a list of names in the format "surname, christian name" and want to separate the two names so I have the surname and christian names in different columns. Is there a function formula to do this? Data > Text to Columns > follow the wizard "Phil B" wrote: > I have a list of names in the format "surname, christian name" and want to > separate the two names so I have the surname and christian names in different > columns. Is there a function formula to do this? ...

tab not tabbing to next cell
Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there a setting for this somewhere ? Lynn, It's trying to act like Lotus 123. Tools - Options - Transition - Transition navigation keys. Turn it off. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:231f01c3a92f$c1d56290$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there > a setting for this somewhere ? Perfect. Thanks ! >-----Original Message----- ...

How to count last name letters
Hi folks, I would like to know how I can count how many records have the same letter. For example, how many records start with the letter A, how many for letter B, etc. Seems simple enough, but I can't figure out how to work this. Would appreciate some help. Thanks. In news:uKD40b2rHHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, jason <jasonsantos-NOSPAM-@allstatesmedical.com> wrote: > Hi folks, > I would like to know how I can count how many records have the same > letter. For example, how many records start with the letter A, how > many for letter B, etc. > > Seems simple ...

Tab order after using pop up calendar on date field
After selecting a value in a date field by using the pop up calendar, the tab order on the screen sometimes goes to the first dollar sign ($) on the screen and tabs through each dollar sign until the last one is reached and then starts tabbing through the fields starting with the first one instead of just tabbing to the next field. This happens if the cursor was in a text or number field and the value in the field was not selected (highlighted) when the calendar button was pushed. If the date was typed in to the date field (as apposed to selected using the pop up calendar) then the su...

can't open this item can't find this file make sure the path and file name are c
I have a couple of Outlook 2000 users that when they are forwarded an email with a routing slip and they try to open the emial they get the error - can't open this item can't find this file make sure the path and file name are correct. They also get this error when they receive and email from our Voicemail server with the voicemail as an attachement. If they receive an email with any other attachement they can open them just fine. If the users forward these emials to others or open them from other computers they open fine. I have tried uninstalling then reinstalling but th...

tab order #8
can you specify a tab order in excel? for example. can I specify the folowwing tab order: b1 b2 b3 b4 b10 b11 b12 and ofcourse how? gracias -- daolb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ daolb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382504 Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "daolb" <daolb.1raiyc_1119884723.3538@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:daolb.1raiy...

Tab from one page to the next page in Tab Control
I'm stumped!! How do you get your tabs to go from one page in tab control to the next page? Right now, when I get to the bottom of the page, it tabs back to the top. I am using Access 2003 with Windows XP. I want to be able to tab from one page to the next as I complete my form. Any help is appreciated. -- retired_vol You'll need to use code to set the focus to the first control on the second tab in the LostFocus event of the last control on the first tab: Private Sub Control1_LostFocus() Me.Control2.SetFocus End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSte...

Name Badges
I have created a name badge with publisher 2007 and am having trouble showing the entire page of badges, only one badge shows up, how do i show the entire page of badges so i can mail merge my data? When you mail merge you will only see one badge on your screen. This is how mail merge works. Do this: File, Print Merge, ==>click multiple pages per sheet, there is a print preview on this screen. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "pmv" <pmv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3D8E488-63...

don't want OWA attatchments to open in browser
Attatchments i get when i am using Outlook Web Access used to open automatically in Word. now the are opening in a browser, not word. how do i get them back to opening in Word? ...

worksheet tab size
I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab height is too small for easy selection with the touch screen. Changing the default font size increases the height of cells, but doesn't affect the sheet tabs. Is there any way (other than changing the display's resolution) to increase the size of the sheet tabs? >-----Original Message----- >I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running >on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab >height is too small for easy selection with the tou...

tab textbox by a macro
I have some textbox in a user form... I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. This click will populate some data then I then would like the cursor to move to textbox2... How do I do it with a macro and not expecting user to hit tab or enter? Hi alberto, At the end of the code run by CommandButton1 insert the following. Me.TextBox2.SetFocus -- Regards, OssieMac "Alberto Ast" wrote: > I have some textbox in a user form... > I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. > This...

Dividing first & last names?
Is it possible to divide first and last names that have a space between them is one cell and put copy them to two separate cells? Thanks, Digital2k Hi Digital2k, Data>Text to Columns will do that admirably. HTH Martin Thank you Martin, but I'm not an expert. I'm not clear on what I'm supposed to do with this. The Full name is in column (A) I want the first name in column (B) and the last name in column (C). Where would I use Data>Text at? Digital2k "MartinW" <mtmw@hotmail.invalid> wrote in message news:ugR$rgNqGHA.928@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >...

Saving default tabs

Org name and Activation Key
I installed CRM before I was issued an Activation Key from Microsoft and understand that the Org name has to be the same as the Name issued with the Activation Key. Is there any way to rename the Org name without uninstalling and reinstalling CRM? If I do have to uninstall CRM do I have to uninstall the CRM Email Router which is on a different server? Thanks in Advance. Len I would reinstall with the new OU. Because as you can see clearly in the AD the CRM group contains unique security groups. So just renaming the OU title does not change the Security ID's. I would do a r...

IE8 Open new tab
hi, wondering how to set new tab to open to a web page. had that set before, but had to reset my IE8, lost settings. thanks Hi Dan, Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Tabbed Browsing 'Settings' button. Sounds like you have turned off tabbed browsing sometime. Maybe with the Reset. Regards. "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8693FE7A-05AE-43B1-A630-F0DF61284CD0@microsoft.com... > hi, wondering how to set new tab to open to a web page. had that set > before, > but had to reset my IE8, lost settings. thank...

Macro to Save File with the name in a specified cell #2
Thanks Bob - just what I was looking for. :cool -- ElsiePO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ElsiePOA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=390 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27018 ...

sheet tabs is checked but I can't see my tabs
I'm using a workbook with several pages. Yesterday I had no problems seeing my tabs but today, the only thing at the bottom of the page is a bar that says "Ready" in the far left corner. I do not see my tabs and do not know how to move between the pages. Can anyone help me? I'd try: Window|Arrange|Tiled and resize them the way I like. I'm guessing that the tabs are just off the screen. 3091Director wrote: > > I'm using a workbook with several pages. Yesterday I had no problems seeing > my tabs but today, the only thing at the bott...

tabs inside a tab
hi, i have a tabbed dialog, in which on one of the tabs i intend to added to have sub-tabs. which is the best way to add tabs can we use CPropertyPage or should we go with CTabCtrl. Thanks in advance, Chandra I would use CTabCtrl. But it's a matter of preference. CTabCtrl will give you more flexibility than using a CPropertyPage as a child control. AliR. "chandra" <schandrasekhars@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175028895.801895.304100@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > hi, > > i have a tabbed dialog, in which on one of the tabs i intend to added > t...