System Low in Resources Help

Hi....
My father is having a problem with his computer and I am not sure ho
to fix this. Everytime he tries to open excel the computer will freez
and after hitting ctrl+alt+delete I get a message saying the compute
is low in resources.

This happens everytime I try to open a new or existing workbook. Coul
anybody give me some tips or advice. Thanks.

Bighers

Hi,

Not an expert, but a couple things come to mind:

1) does his PC have enough memory/disk space for other
applications, like Word, to operate OK? If not, then
you need to 'beef it up' w/memory and/or clean out old
files to make some (temp) disk space available.
2) have you run your virus checker lately? a virus could
be eating up your PC (deleting files, emailing the world)
3) also make sure there aren't any other programs running
in the background.

A couple thoughts, anyhow....
jeff

not sure how
>to fix this. Everytime he tries to open excel the
computer will freeze
>and after hitting ctrl+alt+delete I get a message saying
the computer
>is low in resources.
>
>This happens everytime I try to open a new or existing
workbook. Could
>anybody give me some tips or advice. Thanks.
>
>Bighersh
>

>---
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
8/16/2004 4:23:59 PM
Thanks for the reply.

It's really strange, I can open up every other program on his computer
Word, Outlook, etc. Its only Excel that has this problem and thats wha
has me stumped. I will try to delete some stuff and see what happens
He's due for a new computer big time.

Bighers

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> It's really strange, I can open up every other program on his
> computer, Word, Outlook, etc. Its only Excel that has this problem
> and thats what has me stumped. I will try to delete some stuff and
> see what happens. He's due for a new computer big time.

Does it happen both when opening an existing (small) workbook and when
opening Excel 'blankly'? If it happens only in the latter case it might
be something in the default template that has 'gone bad'.

Otherwise some kind of virus is a good guess -- there is after all a
reason why we're asked if we want to enable macros (however infuriating
it may be ;-)

--
Troels Forchhammer

People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought
which they avoid.
 - Soren Kierkegaard

Rookie Needs Help!
I would like to create a formula that increments the value of one cell Here's the dilemma. A5 contains a number entered as text, 001. I nee to keep that format and have 002 in B5. These are item numbers and I a trying to avoid having to manually enter each number in the next cell. can do this easy enough with numbers that do not have leading zeros bu can not seem to do it using leading zeros. Is this possible? Th -- storema ----------------------------------------------------------------------- storeman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1536 ...

How to lock and unlock the XP system from remote system.
Hi I am writting a program to lock and unlock the remote desptop.For this I need some help related to sending Ctrl+Alt+Del to the remote PC.Can any one help me on the issue. Regards Prashant Sharma Yes. Find something else to do with your time. You keep trying to do something that any decent security system forbids. There is already remote access. See if you can find APIs relating to remote access. But I suspect that you will discover that Windows security is going to make this task impossible. joe On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:19:31 +0530, "ISDC" <satish7684@hotmail.com&...

HELP cant burn cd
im running XP i have 2 burners ive been burning cds for a long time i know how to do it but i went on vacation for a week and came back now my burner isnt being read by the wmp i can play cds and rip cds but it says "connect a burner and restart" when i click on "burn" on the top of the wmp what the hell happend? -- JeffMAC ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JeffMAC's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/219879.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/media-player/1336746.htm http://forums.techarena...

Resource Availability Post Link
Good Morning! We would like the Resource Availability Report to be available to more people via our SharePoint site. When I try to post a link to the report, instead of it showing everyone I had checked, it just shows my availability. Is there a way to post a link to the report as it shows on the screen? I had 5 resources checked and would like that to be what is shown.j Thank you so much for your help! Stacey Your best bet may be to do this with Excel Services - if you have MOSS. Perhaps just an Excel worksheet if you have WSS. Data Analysis views might also get the ...

VBA Programming help
Hello, I have an Excel file with 2 worksheets. One containing Order Info called "Orders" and another named "Analysis" which contact some fixed data and two columns for automatic fill in from the "Orders" sheet. I would like to create a code or macro when execute, transfer the Order# and Prod Start columns from the "Orders" sheet to "Analysis" sheet taken the Qty into account. so, if the order# has a quantity of 2, then it will fill in two rows for one Order. The sample data is below. Thanks for any help. Analysis sheet: Line...

Formula help! #2
hi all can someone help me where i have a row of numbers that go 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 5, 10, 5 etc... from cells D2:K2 i want a formula to put in A2 that returns the first non- zero number, ie. it would return 5. it would also be useful to have a formula that returns which column the first non-zero number occurs in. any ideas? thanks JohnQ one way: First non-zero (array-entered: CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN): =INDEX(rng,MATCH(TRUE,rng<>0,FALSE)) where rng is your range reference (e.g., D2:K2). Column the first-non-zero occurs in (also array-entered): =LEFT(ADDRESS(1,3+MA...

How to impersonate to Local System Account (SYSTEM)
My service is configurated as the Administrators acount. I need to impersonate the service to Local System Account (SYSTEM) in some circumtances. How? Thanks very very much indeed lauch ...

Integration with legacy systems
Hello there. 've seen there is an integration between Microsoft CRM and MS Great Plains. I need to do a similar integration beetween Microsoft CRM and a local System ERP named Diapason. The customer shoul be created by MS CRM. passed to the ERP. Updated tin the ERP and then updated automatically in the MS CRM. Order born in CRM. When approved, tehy should send to the ERP. The ERP create the invoice and send the invoice to MS CRM. Price list is managed by the ERP, imported in MS CRM and when updated in ERO, should be updated automatically in CRM. Customer are updated in ERP and shou...

Macro Help 05-20-10
how do i assign a value of a cell to a variable in a macro This sets the variable: Sub dural() Dim r As Range, v As Variant Set r = Range("A1") v = r.Value End Sub to set the cell, reverse the equation. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "BigO" wrote: > how do i assign a value of a cell to a variable in a macro ...

Help With Resizing More Than One Process Box Simultaneously
I am really new to Visio and trying to create a Process Flow Diagram. I have realized that I should have sized nearly all my process boxes to the same size. Is there a way to do this simultaneously and not have to drag the size handles of each individual box? TIA display the size and position window. select all your shape type the width and height in the size and position window. "ridgerunner" <&il_utrll@msn.com> a �crit dans le message de news: %23weCpJmlGHA.4100@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I am really new to Visio and trying to create a Process Flow Diagram. I...

Help in Excel #2
Hi, I am new to exceltip & this is my first msg.Say i have the following values in & as A1 : 20 ,A5 : 40 ,A7 : 50 ,A12 : 44,A18 : 90 etc...... Now every time i drag/copy-paste the values till the next row.I need to find out a way so that these values get copied till it finds a value in the other row(BUT IN THE SAME COLUMN).Like A1 - A4 :20 A5 - A6 : 40 A7 - A11 : 50 A12 - A17 : 44 & A18 - 90. I hope i posted it right. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Exc...

Trust access to visual basic project in XP systems
we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . Because of the this i think vb exe which is try to run excel macro are failing. can any one hlep me. This is a setting that each user must change. So I think you'll have to educate the users to change this setting before your VB program can run. kasi wrote: > > we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not > have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . > Because of the this i...

Please help me!! Exchange SBS 2000 - receives ok
Hello I have a rather confusing situation at the moment. It is taking hours for emails to arrive at addresses i send to through exchange server 2000 on SBS 2000. I receive emails to me instantly through exchange server. To test the sending i set up a performance monitor to provide the number of emails in the send queue. When i click send, the performance shows the number in the queue as 1, then promptly returns to 0. As far as i understand it, this shows the email has left the queue. I have also looked at the queue in the system manager and frozen the outbound email to monitor the queue. As s...

excel causing system to be in low system resource
Hi all. Whenever i open my excel application, i am always prompted low system resource and have to exit the application. However all my other office applications like word, access work fine when i open them. I face similar problems before and i reinstall excel to solve the problem. Is there a better solution which can solve this problem once and for all? Thks in advance ...

RULES WIZARD, need help on mail forwards....
I use a RULE to foreward my work mail to my home mail address. I also have a "short text" of that mail sent to my cell phone. If it looks important, I can then check my home mail from my cell phone. All functions well, but I need to add a couple of things to better comply with company policy: - do not allow attachments to be forewarded - add a special text statement to each mail forwarded How do can I do that in Outlook ? Please advise, thanks, -Doug What version of outlook are you working with? ~jason k "Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

help
What is a property public property sample() as string -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/asp-net/201003/1 "shadow-monster via DotNetMonster.com" <u58543@uwe> wrote in message news:a57ac84c91fdc@uwe... > What is a property > > public property sample() as string http://www.vbdotnetheaven.com/Uploadfile/rajeshvs/PropertiesInVbDotNet04192005060237AM/PropertiesInVbDotNet.aspx -- Mark Rae ASP.NET MVP http://www.markrae.net ...

Complex Query Building Help
Hi, I am having a problem in building this query, here's the situation: I have 3 tables 'a' 'b' and 'c' Now in 'a' there are two fields 'alias' and 'aid', in 'b' there are two fields 'category' and 'bid' and in 'c' there are two fields 'aid' and 'bid' (these fileds contains ids from 'a' and 'b' table where they matched! Now what i want to do is to get 'alias' from 'a' table of 'category' from 'b' table where both tables' ids are matched in th...

can all the dowloads ihave in the system can they be moved
Iwant to take all downloads that have failed and all downloads that have errors with them Where would you like to take them? Buckingham Palace? "steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk" <steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:208855E4-BD3F-4C3D-A817-C0DC8CB6BCF9@microsoft.com... : Iwant to take all downloads that have failed and all downloads that have : errors with them Windows version is...? If you want to delete what you see in Update History, I can tell you how to do that. steve.vickers2010@live.co.uk wrote: > I...

Help Importing Text File!
Hello, I am new to excel and could really use some help. I have a plain tex file that I would like to import into Excel --but the problem is th text was copied from a webpage and there is no delimited formatting (extra spaces, lines etc.) i.e. I want to create a book database with this info. But the followin was copied like this: Author Name Location Books Writen Publisher I would need to somehow put each line into a column. This is a hug text file formatted like the example above. Could this be done possibl by using a macro? If anyone could help me out (or if you need more info) please ...

Global address troubles please help
When I go to open a shared calender and select the 'Global Address List' is shows all the users on the domain and also the domain name as a group but with only one of the users below it. All the other users appear above it. I shared this one user located under the domainname group and was able to open that address book. But I cannot share any other users as they don't 'appear' to be in the 'domainname group' In the user manager for domains all users are part of the 'Domain/users' group. Why don't all the users appear under the 'domainname' group...

outlook express not able to read news -- help wanted
I use outlook express 6 to read news. Before installing WINXPSP2 it worked great but after that installation it no longer does. When I enter a news group by clicking on its name I get the list of posts as usual, but as soon as the list is loaded the group is closed and I'm back to the list of my subscribed groups. Is there anyone who knows a fix to this problem? cheers, mortb mortb <siggepigg@yahoo.com> wrote: > I use outlook express 6 to read news. Before installing WINXPSP2 it > worked great but after that installation it no longer does. > When I enter a news group by ...

Integration Manager Help!!
We are new to Integration manager and our company is ready to get us some training with classes. However, we cannot decide whether to take a class onsite with a company or have them come onsite and teach it. Does anyone have any recommendations either way?? There are two companies that we have been working with and have heard good recommendations from others but if anyone else has input....please let me know. We are almost tempted to do both because we see advantages to each one. Does anyone have any ideas????? thanks Barb Barb, I've had much success with ebizQ's online...

Total Communications System & MS CRM 3.0
To Anyone: I am trying to find a complete "converged communications" system that has complete integration with MS CRM 3.0 as well as an open API that I can further integrate into my business applications. I am finding a lot of sales pitches but no hard facts and confirmed installs. Can anyone point me ? Anthony DeHart try www.genesyslabs.com ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D009397A-044A-482E-97F8-D2BADC9A6A15@microsoft.co...

Help with If formula
This is my formula which works ok. =IF(D6<D16,"","over") What I am trying to do is extend this and in the same formula have D6,D7,D8,D9,D10 included,ie if any are greater than D16 then "over" but I get to many arguements. I have tried D6:D7<D16 and a couple of other things but cant get it to work. "ss" <weels51@hotmail.com> wrote: > This is my formula which works ok. > =IF(D6<D16,"","over") > What I am trying to do is extend this and in the same > formula have D6,D7,D8,D9,D10 included,ie if any are > ...

Help with user form
I need help with a user form that basically mimicks my worksheet. I need to get the data from the 29 text boxes on the user form to the matching columns and row on my worksheet. My worksheet looks like this: V# Vendor Name Inv-No Inv Amount Cat Amount Cost Retail Cost Retail Cost Retail the above columns are repeated 4 times My user form basically follows the same form. I need to have the user enter the data for the invoice which is then copied to the worksheet, and start the process over again until all invoice are entered. Any help is appreciated, I have been struggling with th...