Switching words within cells

Is it possible to switch the word order within a cell.  For example, if I
have Alexander Todd in cell A1, can I change it to Todd Alexander?  Thanks
for the help!
0
Todd1369 (159)

hi
=SUBSTITUTE(MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND
(" ",A1)),"/"," & ")
Switch the cell address to your cell address

0
anonymous (74717)

export from excel to word #2
looking for possibilityfor export single cell from excel spredsheet to the Word Can anybody help -- Marek With both the spreadsheet and Word document open, click on the cell you wish to export and: Edit > Copy Then click in the appropriate place in the Word Document and: CNTRL-v Note that if you want the destination to "look like" a cell, then create a 1 x 1 table in the Word doc and paste there. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200812 "lermar" wrote: > looking for possibilityfor export single cell from excel spredsheet to the Word > Can anybody help &g...

Re: Printing Word docs from a button
"Greg Casper" <gcasper@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:... >I have a button on a form and I want it to print a Word mail merge document >that contains data from the database that is linked to my application. > > I'm using the following code but always get a 5922 error - Word can't > open the source... All variable names contain valid data, so that's NOT > the problem. > > With appWord > .Visible = True > .Documents.Open pathdocname > With .ActiveDocument.MailMerge > > .Main...

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

OL98 rules
Hi folks - I'm sure this will be a breeze for someone.... Outlook 98 Rules wizard - want to setup a "if any of these words appear in the subject, move it here" rule. How do I seperate / specify the different words ? ie the rule works finding "doctor" (no quotes), but how do I specify move if you find "doctor" OR "nurse" OR "hospital" ? I've tried ; & , as seperators, to no avail.... help ? - Thanks in advance OL98-newbie-needs-rules-help <OL98newbieneedsruleshelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook 98 Rule...

Un merging cells
Help I need to bring information from several spreadsheets together but some of the data is in a merged cell and I need the data in a single cell. I have purformed this function before but I have forgotten how to do it. Help please. Wini Wini, Highlight the offending ranges and Format|Cells|Alignment and un-check the (IMO worst thing MS ever created) Merge Cells option. PC "wini" <winipb2@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:05bf01c35bb8$652046b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Help I need to bring information from several spreadsheets > together but some of the dat...

Counting Combinations within a Cell
Hi, In cells A1 and B1 I have the following data: 4,5,6,7 4,5,6,7 In B3 I want to count the number of non-matching combinations. The answer is 12. There are 16 total combinations, but 4 cannont be matched with 4, and 5 cannot be matched with 5, etc., which leaves 12. I'm looking for one formula that can count the number of non-matching combinations. Thanks, Tom G On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 02:35:57 -0700, Tom G <invalid@invalid.com> wrote: >Hi, > >In cells A1 and B1 I have the following data: > >4,5,6,7 4,5,6,7 > >In B3 I want to count the number of...

When typing only have of the word shows
Hi this is an odd predicatment I am in, but when I type something in word have of the letter shows and I dont know why? Example if you type a D you only see half the D not the entire letter, can anyone help?? thank you Check the line spacing and make sure it is set to (at least) single. Or if the line spacing is set to an exact size, make sure it is at least the type size. Pam desireemm wrote: >Hi this is an odd predicatment I am in, but when I type something in word >have of the letter shows and I dont know why? Example if you type a D you >only see half th...

how to print defined cell names with comments, not numbers?
My overall task is to print comments at the end of the sheet that display the defined cell name instead of the cell number. Problems: How do I define all of the intermediary cells based on the row and column headings, and then how do I print the comments to display the defined name, instead of the number. For example, I would like my print out to display: Cell: "Defined Name" Comment: Instead of: Cell: B2 Comment: ...

How do I search for hyphenated words in Outlook 2007?
Searching for a hyphenated word, such as "off-nominal", even when enclosed in quotes gets me all messages that have both "off" and "nominal" in them. How do I get the whole word only? Thanks. "jsperko" <jsperko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0668B630-9998-4F8B-98FE-1F01F80A709B@microsoft.com... > Searching for a hyphenated word, such as "off-nominal", even when enclosed > in > quotes gets me all messages that have both "off" and "nominal" in them. How > do I get the whole...

When any cell in row 19 (eg K19) equals X I want the cell in row 25 3 cells before K19 (i.e. H25) to eqaul Y.
Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Cheers! Re: When any cell in row 19 (eg K19) equals X I want the cell in row 25 3 cells before K19 (i.e. H25) to equal Y. One way to get it done .. In A25: =IF(ISNA(MATCH("X",19:19,0)),"",IF(MATCH("X",19:19,0)<4,"",IF(COLUMNS($A:A)+3=MATCH("X",19:19,0),"Y",""))) Copy right across to IV25 Above of course, assumes that there's only a single "X" within row 19 at any time. If you got more "X"'s in row 19, it'll return only the result for the 1st one ...

Removing duplicate cells/rows in excel
I have a spreadsheet with 1,000 rows. Each row has a persons name (e.g. James J Smith) as the first cell. There are multiple entries for a single person (e.g. James J Smith). The first entry found is the one with the latest data. I need to remove all the duplicate rows for a single person so that I end up with one entry per person that is the first one found in the spreadsheet. What is the best way of doing this? Hi Joe, A macro would probably be the most efficient way, though would could do it manually using an oldest>newest sort and conditional formatting to highlight duplicates and...

Word Automation; template showing up
I have a document set up as a template for mail merge using data from a table in access. Everything is working, except when the document opens up for the user to view, so does the template, so you have to different word documents opening up. Is there a way to avoid this. I am just wanting the user to see the merged document in the print preview format. I have included my code below. I appreciate any time and advise on this... Dim objWord As Word.Document Set objWord = GetObject("G:\Users\AJ\Testing.doc", "Word.Document") objWord.MailMerge.OpenDataSource _ ...

VBA Code to have User input data for cell
Afternoon Gurus!!! I have written the following code Rows("1:5").Select Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Company Name" With Selection.Font .Size = 16 End With Range("A3").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "TRIAL BALANCE FOR PERIOD ENDING:" Range("F3").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "4/30/2010" Rows("1:3").Select Selection.Font.Bold = True Range("F3").Select With Selection.Font ...

Changing relative cell reference
I want to copy data from one work sheet (A) to another (B); instead of using a normal relative cell reference (i.e., copy A1 to A1, A2 to A2, etc), I want each row in worksheet A to be copied to every 31st row in worksheet A: A2 in worksheet A should be copied to A2 in worksheet B A3 in worksheet A should be copied to A32 in worksheet B A4 in worksheet A should be copied to A63 in worksheet B .. etc Thanks for your help! Try something like; Sub DoIt() Dim wba As Workbook, wbb As Workbook Dim wsCopy As Worksheet, wsPaste As Worksheet Dim rCell As Range, lStop As Long Dim...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Can I format a cell in excel based on a list of about 20 items?
I'd like to have a list of about 20 items, and when an item is chose from that list, i'd like for excel to have specific formatting for each item. I've tried conditonal formatting, but it seems like only 3 conditions can be met. Is there any way to do this? The addin at this link may help you: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html -- tj "arkansooner" wrote: > I'd like to have a list of about 20 items, and when an item is chose from > that list, i'd like for excel to have specific formatting for each item. > I've tried c...

transfer of data from Excel to MS Word
I am attempting to print mailing labels in MSWord.The database I have in Excel only transmits the first page even though all data is shown when I brouse selected file. What am I doing wrong? This may be an over simplification but, COPY|PASTE always works for me... HTH doco "amateur" <amateur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76CBFF04-2030-493C-B761-BD811A99444E@microsoft.com... >I am attempting to print mailing labels in MSWord.The database I have in > Excel only transmits the first page even though all data is shown when I > brouse selected fil...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

Changing values in cell to incrementing numbers
Hi everyone, Hope someone can help me again! I have a spreadsheet with severa columns. The first contains email addresses - the rest are results fro a survey. I need to pull out the data but must hide the email addresses (dat protection). However the problem is that the email addresses are th only way of identifying the each answer came from a differen individual. So I need to replace them with unique identifiers - I' thinking numbers 1 - 1000 (approx). The column looks a little lik this: emailaddress1@hotmail.com emailaddress1@hotmail.com emailaddress1@hotmail.com emailaddress2@yahoo.c...

How to convert Publisher to Word
How do i convert a publisher document so i can save it as a Microsoft word document? Any help grately receieved. Cheers Nick Do you have Publisher? If you do it is a matter of copy/paste. You will lose formatting. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DE79008-763A-4CC8-B017-6DE9D2301021@microsoft.com... > How do i convert a publisher document so i can save it as a Microsoft wo...

How do I identify duplicated numbers in a large range of cells
I have a large range (column) of cells (3567) which contain Alpha numerical i.d codes, I want to indentify cells where i.d codes are duplicated Assume source data in A2 down Put in B2: =IF(COUNTIF(A$2:A2,A2)>1,"dup","") Copy B2 down to the last row of data in col A to flag duplicates as "dup". You can apply autofilter on col B, choose: dup to retrieve all at one go -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:22,000 Files:370 Subscribers:66 xdemechanik --- "gillman54" wrote: > I have a large range (column) of cells (3567) whi...

Word Default Settings
I have followed the directions on how to change the degault settings in my Word 2007 documents for a new document including font, margins, etc. and have also changed the default settings for printing envelopes, but they just don't stick. Every time I print an envelope, it is NOT what I set my defaults to be. Every time I open a new document, the defaults are back to the factory settings. WHY! I can't find anything to tell me how to make my changes permanent and I WILL NOT PAY $210 FOR SOMEONE AT MICROSOFT TO TELL ME HOW TO FIX A PROBLEM THAT CAME WITH A JUST-PURCHASED...

MS Word 2003 Macro, Styles
I am relatively new to Word macros. I have created a macro that finds a characters, selects severl characters, then changes the style of the selection. I loop through this routine until "Find.Found = False" When I run the macro it will only change every other selection. If I step through the macro it will change every selection. I am sure that this is an MS bug, but maybe there is a work around. If I put a break at line 15, then it doesn't skip every other selection. If I put a break at line 16, then it does. The selection is executed, but the style doesn'...

Word adding 500+ blank pages
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) We have now had a 4th report of the same problem since yesterday afternoon all from the same English class. Here are the specifics: <br> Student has research paper in Google Docs, they then use download as to save the document as a word doc for formatting and insertion of pictures off of the Internet to highlight and accent parts of their research paper. They are formatting the word document into 2 columns editing and making other changes, then suddenly one of 2 scenarios happen. <br> 1. Pages of their document anywher...

How can i copy a group of cells in a row to a column?
I wanna copy, for example, 8 cells in a row to column C, expanding as C1,C2,C3,C4,C5,C6,C7,C8.And i don't want to copy cells one by one..Just, select the 8 cells in the row, apply Ctrl+C,then hightlight C1,C2,C3,C4,C5,C6,C7,C8 and Ctrl+V...but it doesn't make sense.. Hi Yargila, Try: Copy | Edit | PasteSpecial | Transpose note that the copy and paste regions cannot overlap. --- Regards, Norman "yargila" <yargila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8830D85D-8F62-4B35-8E21-3892A62711F7@microsoft.com... >I wanna copy, for example, 8 cells in a r...