Switching to relative reference for macro

Older versions of excel had the option to switch to
relative reference when recording macros. This option
doesn't appear available in excel 2002. Anyone know how
you switch to relative reference for recording a macro?
0
Bearnos (1)

Hi

Relative reference is located on the Record Macro toolbar after
clicking Record New Macro.

If that button is not available you will need to put the button back in
using Customise toolbars or Add More Buttons...

Tom

print macro to solve limit on page breaks #2
I have encountered the limit on the number of page breaks that exce allows, and I'd like to write a macro to work around this. My data is as follow: Part Number Location Quantity 12345 12 10 12345 20 15 12346 35 37 The macro should begin in row 2 determine that there are two rows to be printed (for part numbe 12345) print the range move to the next part, determine how many rows to print and so on until it reaches a blank row (or I could enter 99999 as th stopping part number). Any suggestions would be greatly appreci...

Chg Absolute to Relative
I am in need of VBA that will convert a selected cell's formula from using absolute references to using relative references. I only want it to change the active cell. Please help I know very little VBA. Thanks! :confused: -- Adresmith ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Adresmith's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9131 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=273677 Hi have a look at the ConvertFormula method in the vBA help -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Adresmit...

Visual Basic Macro
Why is this programing not working? it gets stuck selecting the cells to paste. The reason I am copying and pasteing then coping and pasteing values it because I am pasteing into a sheet with merged cells. Sheets("Daily").Select Range("A9:P63").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("email").Select Range("A9:P63").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _ :=False, Transpose:=False Hi negzel, Have you consid...

identifying same or related products
I hope someone can help because this will take me 2 weeks to figure out the way that I am doing is as I am new at Excel. What I am trying to do is create a list of all related products. For example Windex, buying it from one store, it might be listed in inventory as product # 123, and buying it at another store, it might be listed as product # 456 and at yet another store in may be product # 789. So I want to know that when I pay for any of these products, that they are all the same or similar products, (some may be off brands). So my spreadsheet has 6 columns . 1 column for the...

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

Relative vs Absolute hyperlinks
Hello I'm having trouble grasping how I can make a relative or an absolute hyperlink to an external file. When I browse to the file in the hyperlink men, which is on the file server in the domain network, I get the full path. But sometimes the path starts with \\..\..\ instead, and here the links are now for the first part relative, and don't work on ohter PC's. I checked the properties of the document, and the hyperlink base field is empty. If I add something here, some relative links get corrected, some don't, but when I delete the entry in the hyperlink base field again, ...

How do I relate data of one document to another ?
When I imput additional information on a word document I would like that information transfered to an excel document, Likewise if I input data in an excel document I would like to have it transfered to a word document. How do I do it ? I don't think you can have the same link work both directions but you can copy and paste as link and when the source is updated (probably the excel file since I don't see the point of having Word as a source in Excel) the link will be updated as well -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "bandi" <bandi@discussions....

Displaying related records in a subform ...
Hi all Hopefully I can explain this in enough detail to make sense! I am creating a contact database and am just starting to create the main form. On the main form it shows a particular contacts details (eg name, phone, email etc), then I have a number of subforms which display their company's contact address, notice address, and the name of the technical manager in charge of that particular client. Now ... what i would like to do is create another subform which will display the details of all other contacts (for the particular company I am currently viewing) and even better, the abilit...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

Changing relative cell reference
I want to copy data from one work sheet (A) to another (B); instead of using a normal relative cell reference (i.e., copy A1 to A1, A2 to A2, etc), I want each row in worksheet A to be copied to every 31st row in worksheet A: A2 in worksheet A should be copied to A2 in worksheet B A3 in worksheet A should be copied to A32 in worksheet B A4 in worksheet A should be copied to A63 in worksheet B .. etc Thanks for your help! Try something like; Sub DoIt() Dim wba As Workbook, wbb As Workbook Dim wsCopy As Worksheet, wsPaste As Worksheet Dim rCell As Range, lStop As Long Dim...

Help with Macro #2
Maybe someone can help me here What I need it this, As soon as a user opens a specific file, the macro ( in vba), creates another worksheet, inserts 3 columns and makes the first column auto numbered. I am sure this isn't hard. But I am a "newbie" to this. This all has to happen automatically when you open the file. Can anyone help me? Joanne Answered in the excel.misc group. Helpful information here... http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Joanne M." <joanne.e.mahoney@gmail.com> wrote in message Maybe someone can...

Macro problem 12-08-09
I have had someone write me a macro as below. This basically copies the top 10 numbered rows from Sheet 1 and pastes into Sheet 3. However it pastes the rows starting from Row 1 in Sheet 3 therfore not allowing me to put any column headings/titles etc. in Sheet 3. I need the info to be pasted from row 8 and below rather than row 1. Any help? Sub MyMacro() Dim lngRow As Long, ws As Worksheet, lngNRow As Long Set ws = Sheets("Sheet3") For lngRow = 1 To Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row If Range("A" & lngRow) > 0 And Range("A" &...

Refer to sheets without using tab name??
Cell formulas that refer to other sheets usually look like this: =Sheet2!A1 ' Get cell A1 from Sheet2 However, what if someone changed the name of the Sheet2 tab to something like "ThisIsMyTab"??? Does that mean I would have to manually change all possible formulas to the following: =ThisIsMyTab!A1 ????? I'm mostly curious if there's a way to use formulas that do not strictly rely on the names of always changing tab sheet names. thank you Hello, The best way is to test it by yourself. I...

CONDITION IN MACRO #2
This is an update to an earlier question I posed. I am using Access 2002. I'm trying to use a Condition in a Macro to determine whether or not to SetValue. It appears that the Condition will not allow me to use a "wildcard" (asterisk). The Field I'm checking is filled with entries like CRUZ SA or CRUZ SB or CRUZ SC. I simply want to set the Condition to look for CRUZ*...meaning any entry that begins with CRUZ. The Condition I set up is [CLASS]="CRUZ*". It doesn't work. But, when I set the Condition to [CLASS]="CRUZ SA" it works. Access Help seem...

Workbook reference is reset to [0] in chart data source spec

automatically running a macro
Hello, I have written a macro which operates by means of ctrl + Q. (This letter was merely an arbitrary choice!) The action is as follows:- 1. Enter new data in a cell then press <ENTER> 2. The data is then automatically compared with the contents of a cell on different sheet 3. If the new cell data is greater than or equal in value to that data in the cell on the other sheet then change the font colour of the new cell data to red and display the difference between the two cells in a cell in another column 4. Otherwise just display the new contents of the cell in a black font colour as ...

Many-to-many relations and associated queries
I have a rather complex situation (at least to me) that I can't seem to solve. I'll try to explain the situation with this simple database design. The situation is caused by an initial many-to-many relationship followed by a one-to-many relationship. Prog Table -- Prog_ID Prog_Name The above is the main table. __________________________________ Link Table -- Link_ID Prog_ID BA_ID LOB_ID Since each entry in the Prog Table can have many BAs and each BA can have many Progs this table had to be created. ___________________________________________________ BA Table -- BA_ID ...

Using cell references in Excel hyperlinks
Anyone know if this is possible? This would be so useful!! ...

Run macro after booting is over
Is it possible to run a macro when I turn on my PC? e.g. I want my list of duties to be undertaken today. This list is saved in an excel file. I have excel sheets by date. Hi, This is as much a Windows question as an Excel one but yes you can do that. Place a shortcut to the Excel file in the startup directory of your personal start menu and Excel will run that file on startup. Once running you can call macro using the workbook open event -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still suffic...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

Repost: Copy and Offset cell reference
Hi Groupies: I posted this a couple of days ago, but I missed the functions group, no reply yet. I was asked if this was possible and I can not think of how, hopefully, somebody can help me. On Sheet 2, I have the following data: cell B2 =sheet1$N$14 cell B3 =sheet1$N$32 On sheet 3, I need to have cell B2 =sheet1$N$15 cell B3 =sheet1$N$33 On sheet 4, I need to have cell B2 =sheet1$N$16 cell B3 =sheet1$N$34 Basically, each sheet is a different month and the references need to be offset each time. This needs to be done a number of times in this and other workbooks. Is there an efficie...

Relative Queries
I have several OLE DB queries that work just fine. The show a source of M:\MyNetwork\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb. Is it possible to make this a relative reference so that it just finds MyDB.mdb when it resides in the same folder. TIA, Paul Hammond Public MpathY as string="M:\MyNetwork\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb" Put this in module1 MpathY can then be the source word "Paul Hammond" wrote: > I have several OLE DB queries that work just fine. The show a source of > M:\MyNetwork\MyFolder\MyDB.mdb. > > Is it possible to make this a relative reference so that it just fi...

Sheets Skip Macro
Hello I have a lot of sheets in an excel workbook and a front summary sheet where i have a vlookup formula that i would like to copy across to the right however each column needs to change the formula to pick up the data in the different sheets. Does anyone know a macro that will help me so that each column copied across looks up in the next sheet. Eg. 5 sheets - Daniel, Mark, Byran, Hugh & Paul on the summary page i need it to go =VLOOKUP(ref,Daniel!F2:F17,col,false) then =VLOOKUP(ref,Mark!F2:F17,col,false) then =VLOOKUP(ref,Byran!F2:F17,col,false) then =VLOOKUP(ref,Hugh!F2:F17,c...

macro to time limit workbook
Hello there, is there a way for a macro, or does someone have a macro to time limit a workbook, say three to five days. Similar to a 30 day trial limit. all help appreciated regards, Ditchy Hi Ditchy In its very simplest form (goes into the thisworkbook module): Private Sub Workbook_Open() If Date > DateSerial(2005, 5, 1) Then MsgBox "Trial period has expired", vbInformation Me.Saved = True Me.Close End If End Sub What you have to do is find ways to - ensure that macros are enabled by the user (usually done by making the file worthless without macros), - register ...