switch statement

is there a switch statement that i can use in a cell as a formula?

i have a value in col a.
in col e i want that if the value in a is 1, it should return the valu
in col B, if it's 2, return col C if it's 3, return col D.

I know that i can do this with a nested if statement but i prefe
switch -

if someone can please tell me how to do this i would really appreciat
it.

Thank you

--
tkapla
tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2298

One way:

E1:     =CHOOSE(A1,B1,C1,D1)

In article <tkaplan.1s4gqe_1121281519.2769@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 tkaplan <tkaplan.1s4gqe_1121281519.2769@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

> is there a switch statement that i can use in a cell as a formula?
>
> i have a value in col a.
> in col e i want that if the value in a is 1, it should return the value
> in col B, if it's 2, return col C if it's 3, return col D.
>
> I know that i can do this with a nested if statement but i prefer
> switch -
>
> if someone can please tell me how to do this i would really appreciate
> it.
>
> Thank you.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)