Suppress toolbar at opening

Hi ng
using office xp pro
reviewing toolbar continues to open with any spreadsheet launched
how do suppress or turn off?

thanks
goss

Hi Gossamer!

Have you tried:

View > Toolbars
If Reviewing has a check against it then selecting it will remove that
check.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"gossamer" <gossamerpro@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message
> Hi ng
> using office xp pro
> reviewing toolbar continues to open with any spreadsheet launched
> how do suppress or turn off?
>
> thanks
> goss

0
njharker (1646)
7/14/2003 7:46:12 PM
goss

Try these search results from google

http://snurl.com/1smf

Gord Dibben  Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:18:48 -0700, "gossamer" <gossamerpro@nospam.cox.net>
wrote:

>Hi ng
>using office xp pro
>reviewing toolbar continues to open with any spreadsheet launched
>how do suppress or turn off?
>
>thanks
>goss

0
gdibben (257)

Can I open the source record stored in a Multiple value Combo box field, Access 2007
Hi there! I pose another question in the hope of finding someone who can advise me on a possible solution!!?? I have developed an Access database for logging and monitoring IT Support Issues and would like to be able to perform the following task on an Access 2007 form: 1). I have created a form where the users and IT team can enter all the information that relates to an individual IT issue. On this form there is a tab title 'Related Cases' this is a number field in the table 'Cases' and is set to Long Integer with the display control selected as 'Combo Box' this fi...

Active document opened in IE questions
Hi all I have created an active document application. When I typed a file name in IE's location bar in WinMe, IE started my application to display the file I want to know, by what mean, IE send message to my application to open the file? If I want to get the message sent to my application by IE, how t do it Second, when typed another file's name in IE's location bar, IE first use my application to open the file , then it told my application to close the first file, errors ocurs , when my application get the close message, the second file is also closed, what can I do many th...

Excel file opens with a blank screen
I have an excel file with a few worksheets. Sometimes (But this does not happen every time) after I run a macro that takes data from other files and puts it onto a worksheet in the current file, after I save and close the current file and then reopen the file, it comes up blank. I can still view my vb code, but I cannot see the actual spreadsheets unless I go to View-->Full screen and then reduce the view with the minimize icon on the little toolbar that pops up. What really makes this odd, is that a friend in another lab can run the macro and open the file at his place with no prob...

opening attachment
Hello, Is it possible to view picture attchments in the message as you can in outlook express? It is very tedious to open one at a time when there are a lot of attachments in the message. Brent Brent Mills <brentm@compusup.com> wrote: > Is it possible to view picture attchments in the message > as you can in outlook express? It is very tedious to open > one at a time when there are a lot of attachments in the > message. Only if the sender e4mbedded them in the message. -- Brian Tillman ...

Cannot see opened Excel file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can't see an excel file that I've opened. Double clicking the file launches Excel but I can't see the document. I've tried opening through excel/file/open....etc it didn't work too. <br><br>Note that this problem is only for some files not all In article <59bb797e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, Nico1712@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > I can't see an excel file that I've...

How to suppress #VALUE!
After setting up functions, the spreadsheet appears ugly when there are empty input cells. Is there any method in suppressing the display of #VALUE! etc, say assigning white colour to these error words? Thanks! Fix the errors, dont just hide them, eg Instead of your_formula that appears to give you the error when an input cell is empty (assume it is A1), try =IF(A1="","",your_formula) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�-------------------...

toolbar prompt
hello, i have created and docked a new toolbar. everything look fine, except the fact that when the mouse curser is on a button, the status bar doesnt show its prompt and only when i click it - it apears... how can i fix it ? ...

HELP: resizing toolbars after dynamically building them
I have an MFC app which reads a config file (xml) and dynamically builds the toolbars based on the contents of the config file. The buttons are added using CToolBar.GetToolBarCtrl.InsertButton(). The toolbars and buttons are created with no problems, but the toolbars have a size problem -- they aren't wide enough and the last buttons don't show. The problem is especially bad when the toolbar contains buttons with the BTNS_DROPDOWN style. I create the toolbar like this: code:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DWORD dwCtrlStyle = TBSTYLE_...

Opens in Read-Only
We have just upgraded from 97 - XP and didn't have any major issues. We have a program that exports files in .DBF format to a network share that we have never had problems with before, until upgrading to XP. What happens is the files open in read-only if they are on the network share, but if you move the file to the local PC, it will open up. We have given full rights the to directory to no avail. Any opinions would greatly be appreciated. I've never used a .dbf file in real life, but there's a FAQ that describes your problem (but with Excel Workbooks). http://www.contextu...

How to suppress "Entourage cannot find server" message when offline?

Re-formatting toolbars in contacts
I have re-formatted the layout and icons of the toolbars on one of the contacts in my Contacts folder. However, that doesn't mean that the same new layout applies to my other contact entries in the folder. Is there a way to reshape the toolbar layout for ALL of the contacts in my folder? The Outlook version is 2003. ...

WMP 12 Doesn't have WMP Toolbar?!
I have version 12.0.7600.16415 of Windows Media Player for Windows 7, and I can't find the WMP Toolbar. (So that when you minimize the player, the controls appear on the taskbar.) Does anyone know if there's a way to turn it on? I heard someone say that the feater isn't even on this version, which to be frank, kind of sucks. (And in my opinion, the fact that I can control it in tumbnail view isn't a good enough trade-off... I want the toolbar back!) If there isn't currently a way to turn it on, we need to contact Microsoft and ask them to make an update t...

Can not open attachments
NT4 SP6 Exchange Standard 5.5 SP4 Intermittently get error something like Cannot open one or more attachments The server has to be rebooted at this point. Once rebooted users can open/send attachments. This happens about once a month. Any help appreciated. Mike. Hi Mike, My first thought was anti-virus software. What type of AV are you using and is it excluded from scanning the databases? "Mike" wrote: > NT4 SP6 > Exchange Standard 5.5 SP4 > > Intermittently get error something like > > Cannot open one or more attachments > > The server has to b...

Auto-filter toolbar icon
Is there a way of getting the toolbar icon for auto-filter to toggle the feature on or off? It only seems to switch it on then I have to navigate through the menu (ok, not that much of a hardship!) to switch it off again. TIA Paul You could attach a macro to that button, with code to toggle the AutoFilter on and off. If you store your macro code in a workbook that is always open, such as Personal.xls, and you can use it in any workbook. For example: Sub ToggleFilter() On Error Resume Next Selection.AutoFilter End Sub Paul Cunliffe wrote: > Is there a way of getting the toolba...

Cannot open this item. The message you specified cannot be found.
I have a task in my To-Do list which was generated from an email. Right clicking on the task gives me nothing, not even a menu. Trying to delete it or open it (or anything else) gives me the message "Cannot open this item. The message you specified cannot be found." The email is no longer in my Inbox, but this task sits permanently on my To-Do list. I'd just like to delete it. I'm using Windows XP and Outlook 2007. I tried the PST repair tool and the Office Diagnostics. I also tried Working Offline and then deleting it. On another forum, the only sug...

Opening Email #2
I am using "owa" to log into my email at work. Only on my home computer, once I log in, I can get into my email box, move from box to box, i.e., sent, draft, etc., however, if I click on an email to read it nothing happens. And interestingly enough I can check and email and delete it, but I can't read it. Any thoughts on what he problem is? This just started yesterday, prior to this everything was fine Thanks, John ...

Marcos and Toolbars
I have created marcos and save in my personal.xls, and assign these macros to a custom menu item. They are working very well for me. Is there anyway I could install these macros and custom menu items into others PC? Hi Alicia, > I have created marcos and save in my personal.xls, and assign these macros to > a custom menu item. They are working very well for me. > > Is there anyway I could install these macros and custom menu items into > others PC? > Many users tend to put their macros in their personal.xls file. Nothing wrong with that, because that is what it ...

Executing or opening a file
How does one code a procedure to open a file from within VC++, under the assumption that their system's file associations are in check? I'm guessing the execl() family is bad news. I need to open an HTML page that is created within the program when the user clicks on a menu option. This is a dialog based app if that makes any difference. I'd prefer to have it externally executed rather than within the program (so the user has all of the web browser options availble to them). Thanks. Try ShellExecuteEx(...) Regards, Peter "NoName" <anon@reply.to.group>...

Error opening disabled user's mailbox
Hello, Exchange 2003 / Outlook 2003 I disable user accounts as employees terminate. I need to get into a disabled user's mailbox to retrieve an email that was sent to him, however I can't. I am a domain admin, enterprise admin, etc. I reenabled his account but still get gui msg: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be generated." I did this by adding his profile to my outlook. I logged off and logged back on as him as well and got a long ldap path, also saying it couldn't open the mailbox. So on t...

How do I open my free trial of MS Publisher download?
I've just downloaded a 60 day free trial of Microsoft Office Publisher 2007, which was apparently successful. But each time I go to open it a message pops up saying that another application has to be launched...but when I click on "lauch application" it doesn't do anything. Also, in the email they sent me after successfully registering and downloading, it tells me 'how to get started'....open up trial download, enter in the product key where indicated and get started......but I haven't quite figured out where to do that. Any help? What application is it...

text only in toolbar buttons
Hi, does anybody know how to get toolbar buttons that only show text and not an icon. I tried setting the iBitmap of TBBUTTON struct to -1 and no icon is displayed, however I get empty space where the icon normally would be displayed any ideas? Thanks Did you try by simply setting its imagelist to NULL, i.e. SetImageList(NULL); You will also find the style TBSTYLE_AUTOSIZE useful for controlling the size of each button. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "just_me" <just.me@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:bnb2tc$79a$1@reader11.wxs.nl... | Hi, | | do...

Opening files #4
I am using Excel 2003 with Vista Home Premium When opening files, in the popup window, whenever I type a filename, the auto complete appears to select the last matching entry instead of the first, which I would have expected. It does not seem to be influenced by the sort order in the directory listing visible above. How do I change this? Word and Access behave correctly. Chris -- Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK chris@cdixon.me.uk Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh. ...

Excel 2003
In Excel 2003, I have lost the file command in the toolbar. Despite reinstalling Microsoft office I do not seem to be able to reinstate the file command. I have been able to add the sub-command "save as" but can not add the file command with all its sub commands. Julian Tools|Customize|commandbars tab select worksheet menu bar click reset. Monty29 wrote: > > In Excel 2003, I have lost the file command in the toolbar. Despite > reinstalling Microsoft office I do not seem to be able to reinstate the file > command. I have been able to add the sub-command "s...

Open Args PivotChart Form
looked in help but can't seem to locate what is the opening argument for a pivotchart to open in graph chart form... made a button to open it - and it opens it in form view not chart view....tried acChart or acChartView but no luck.....kind of drives me crazy when I can't locate info that I know should be findable...... used a macro instead which works...but would like to know still......tia -- NTC ...

Attachment cannot be open
On Monday morning, as usual checking mail in office using windows mail, all attachment was able to open (through the paper clip icon or save into other location. Then after lunch, all type of attachment (picture, excel, words, pdf...) can not be open through the paper clip icon. Then i try to save it and open again, these message pop up "there was an error saving one or more of the attachments. Please check your free disk space and try again", i can't safe the attachment. If forwarded to other people, it's ok, open and view as normal. Another thing I encounter,...