Summing 2 columns cells into a 3rd colums cells

In Excel 2007, I need the to add data from column L's cells 2-93 with the
data from column M's cells 2-93 and have it total in Column N's cells 2-93.
I'm hoping that there is an easier way than auto summing each pair of cells.
This example is the smallest range that I have to due this with and auto
summing is to time consuming.  Please if you have a formula that I can use it
would be extremly helpful.
     Just in case you haven't notice I'm still in the learning
stages..................
--
Thank You,
Wayne Cadigan

Hi Wayne

You can still do this using the auto sum function.   Enter the required
formula in the first cell, then move your mouse pointer over the bottom right
corner of that cell till it turns to a + sign; then click and hold your left
mouse button and drag to the bottom of your list and let go of the button.
Hey presto, your formula will be copied to all the required cells.

Regards

John WEC

"Wayne Cadigan" wrote:

> In Excel 2007, I need the to add data from column L's cells 2-93 with the
> data from column M's cells 2-93 and have it total in Column N's cells 2-93.
> I'm hoping that there is an easier way than auto summing each pair of cells.
> This example is the smallest range that I have to due this with and auto
> summing is to time consuming.  Please if you have a formula that I can use it
> would be extremly helpful.
>      Just in case you haven't notice I'm still in the learning
> stages..................
> --
> Thank You,
> Wayne Cadigan

Calendars #2
Schedule of Events is visible but not avtive on a Calendar. How do you make of use of a schedule and activate it in a Calendar. ...

How to perform sum sum sum...

Log-log charts #2
Hi, I'm using Excel 2002 and am trying to create a simple log-log plot. Making the y-axis logarithmic is easy - it's a check-box option under Scale tab of the Format Axis dialog. But for the X axis the dialog does not have that option. My XY data is valid (all positive values). There's web sites that say you can do this (e.g. http://cstl-cst.semo.edu/venezian/Utilities/graphs.htm). Why doesn't my Excel support it??? Any help is appreciated. Walt Hi Walt, Sounds like your chart maybe a line chart (x-axis is category) instead of true xy scatter. Right click the chart...

POS 2.0 to RMS 2.0 migration
Are there any tools out there (upgrade programs, SQL Scripts, KnowledgeBase articles) whch will allow a POS 2.0 system (not POS2009) to be migrated to RMS 2.0? Can't go into the details, but we have someone who is currently running POS 2.0 at three separate locations and may want to move to RMS and bring these disparate locations under the Headquarters umbrella. -- Bill Yater Blue Horseshoe Solutions byater@bhsolutions.com None that I have seen, Best option export everything to a CSV, and say goodbye to sales history. I am sure there is someone that could move all the info for y...

Summing up user defined results

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK #2

Managing Lists #2
Thanks for your help guys. For future reference i applied the firs solution and it worked perfectly. Many thank -- iwilki ----------------------------------------------------------------------- iwilkin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1607 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27526 Glad to hear that ! Thanks for the feedback (from us) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "iwilkin" <iwilkin.1f8sda@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:...

2 questions #2
hello, Here is my first question,money plus keeps downloading my statement but will only use 1 payee.How do i fix this. Question 2 Money has decided that it will now import my statement for my checking account and put it into my savings account.How do i fix this I am using money plus deluxe version 17.0.120.1415 purchased in the us and i have been using this program for almost a year.Any help would be appreciated In microsoft.public.money, sondra99999 wrote: >hello, > Here is my first question,money plus keeps downloading my statement but >will only use 1 payee.How ...

Referencing a sheet by taking its name from a cell
I'm not even sure the title of this post is correct but it's as clear as I could make it! I'm creating a summary sheet of data from many other worksheets. The worksheet names are mmm-yy (e.g. Nov-07). The top row of the summary sheet will contain those same names, with the summary data in the column below. I'm trying to find a way to reference the correct sheet by utilising the name in the top row. Something like ='A2'!C7 , I suppose, but this particular attempt didn't work. Can someone help? Thanks! Paul Assuming that you have "Nov-07"(sheet name) in...

Not Auto-forwarding Spam Filtered by SpamBayes #2
I'm using SpamBayes on Outlook 2000 for Exchange Server. I have set an auto-forwarding rule. Currently this rule forwards all the messages including Certain Spam and Possible Spam messages as identified by SpamBayes to another e-mail address. I would, however, like to modify this rule such that Certain Spam will not be forwarded. Is there a way? ...

Subtraction #2
I am trying to do a formula in which I take the total of Column J39 and Subtract from it C38 to H38. How can I do this. I am just learning formulas. Sorry for the dumbness. Thanks, Vanessa Vanessa: =J39 - SUM(C38:H38) Stan "vANESSA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ced01c47b17$04a2aa10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to do a formula in which I take the total of > Column J39 and Subtract from it C38 to H38. How can I do > this. > > I am just learning formulas. Sorry for the dumbness. > > Thanks, > Vanessa Thank ...

Auto fill of columns
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet where I can enter a person's name and it will automatically enter their department and charge number. Is there any way to do this? Thanks. Create a table on another worksheet and then you can use =vlookup() to return those other fields. You may want to read Debra Dalgleish's notes: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html linstock wrote: > > I'm trying to create a spreadsheet where I can enter a person's name and it > will automatically enter their department and charge number. Is there any > way to do this? >...

How to Combine Data from Several Columns?
Hi Everyone I have attached a file which contains what I need to resolve Basically, I need to combine the data in several columns together int one column. Is there a way I can do it with formulas or vb code? would really appreciate if any experts out there can help me. Thanks and Regards Kelvi Attachment filename: book1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=46105 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Kelvin! Probably the answer will be something like: =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 ...

Share Workbooks and Comments #2
Can anyone help me with this one... I have a simple spreadsheet which is shared and resides on a server. Apprx 6 people access and modify the sheet and save their modifications back to the server. No 2 people ever change the same cell so there are never any conflicts. The problem I have is that often the comments in a cell do not upload to the server. The user is unaware of this util he closes and re-opens the workbook to find that all of his changes have been saved but none of his comments. I have been getting the users to make their own copy at the end of the day and if they e-mail that c...

sum subform to form

Automatic filling of cells within a certain date range
Can someone please help, I have been stuck on this for the past two days... Column 'AB' has 'Start Date' and column 'AD' has 'Finish date' Row 19, cells 'AI' to 'DW' have the months written as 'J' 'F' 'M' 'A' etc.....from 2008 to 2015. I want to be able to enter a 'start date' in column 'AB' i.e. 1 January 2008 and a 'Finish date' in column 'AD' i.e. 1 April 2015. Then i would like the cells 'J - A' on row 19 to be filled with '1' in each month.... I...

variable allocation accounts #2
i want to setup and use variable allocation accounts for my company and on the help menu it says to go to cards>>financial>>variable allocation.... but i don't have that option in cards>>financial... is it something seperate i have to buy or a security setting or...???? thanks for you help! Josh, it's standard functionality in GP. Probably a security setting needs be changed so you can see it on the menu. Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL ...

I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows the part number and the total parts failed for that record. I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12 months. So I would see the following: Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past 12 months 44444 | x | 4 | 1/2/08 | 200 44445 | Y |1 ...

Data entry & Formula in same cell
Is it possible to have a value entered into the same cell that the formula resides. For example... in cell A1 you enter 1 (for 1 foot)and this same cell calulates how many inches (A1 equals 12) One addition question is there a way to have a cell round up to the nearest even number? Thank you so much for your help. Hi Bridge 1. without VBA code it is not possible to enter a value and a formula at the same time into one cell. 2. If you number is stored in A1 use the formula =EVEN(A1) HTH Frank Bridge wrote: > Is it possible to have a value entered into the same cell > that the for...

Administrative Groups #2
I have two Administrative Groups in my Exchange OU, one called First Administrative Group which was created when I installed Exchange 2003 Server and then the Support Administrative Group which I created when I had to re-install Exchange 2003 Server. There is one Exchange Server in each group. The server that is in the First Administrative Group is on another part of campus and I do not want it to have dominance over the other group. The server that is in the Support Administrative Group should be the controlling group. Is there such a thing as one having dominance over the other...serv...

Inventory Site/LocationCode Order Lines on MSCRM1.2 to GPS8.0
We are currently running MSCRM 1.2 and GPS 8.0, with the MS Integration between them. Our Sales force uses various Inventory locations when placing orders within our GPS system. Because of business reasons we can't consolidate into a single Inventory Location as the Integration documentation suggests. The documentation allow says that it only supports the use of one Inventory location, which you set in the "Settings and Administration" tool. It appears that you can modify the BizTalk Mapping for the SalesOrderDetail channel to route a value from a custom field in MSCRM...

chart data from same cell on multiple sheets
how can i chart data from the same cell on multiple sheets? when i enter sheet1:sheet5!a5 i get a invalid reference error. The values for a chartseries must all come from a single chart. You need to create a summary range on a worksheet to hold the values. This page has a few hints: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ drhamann wrote: > how can i chart data from the same cell on multiple sheets? when i enter >...

Macro Not Working #2
Guys, many thanks for your help and suggestion my Macro now working. Having said that the same code works on my home PC but for some strang reason not on my Works PC - very Odd !! Thanks again Rob ; -- robertgu 44 Married two kid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=596 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26381 ...