Summary of multiple workbooks in a directory

Hi again, I have a bundle of workbooks, each one has a summary page.
These will all be saved in the same directory eventually.  I would like
to have a worksheet that presented me all teh summary pages (ordered
alphabetically by one of he fields).  Excel can trwal a directory for
all .xls and extract an area from a worksheet then order on a cell?

I am not sure where to start on this and a web search was not much help
so far.

TIA

Hi
as a starting point:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/13/2004 7:35:26 AM
Thanks Frank, looks like a good resource.  I will run through and see if
I can work out how they are doing it.

thanks for the lead

Frank Kabel wrote:

> Hi
> as a starting point:
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm

Merging Workbooks to One File
Hello everyone - I have 57 csv files that I would like to merge into one Excel workbook. Each file has only one worksheet (tab). While there are no column headers, the columns for each file are identical to one another. Copy/Paste manually would do it, but it would seem to me that there would be a marcro available to accomplish this in an automated way. All files currently reside in one directory. Any help is appreciated! Thanks, Rich Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rich Palarea wrote: > Hello everyone - > > I have 57 csv ...

Select Multiple Objects to Delete?
Does anyone know if it is possible to select multiple objects (pictures, text boxes, arrows, etc.) at once to delete them? Hi Lloyd Just hold down the shift key as you click on the items Good Luck Mark Graesse mark_graesser@yahoo.co Boston M ----- Lloyd Adams wrote: ---- Does anyone know if it is possible to select multiple objects (pictures, text boxes, arrows, etc.) at once to delete them To kill all in one go - Edit / Go To / Special / Objects - Hit the Delete button. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel ...

Receiving multiple e-mail copies
Outlook just began receiving 4 copis of each incoming messages. Older messages that had alreaady been received up to a week ago were also multiplied 4 times in the in- box. What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of mail account(s)? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0aba01c3aece$dd751640$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook just began receiving 4 copis of each incoming > messages. Older messages that had a...

Lookup with multiple criteria on diff worksheets
Hi ng. Using xl xp pro Trying to setup some lookup formulas on summary! Data to be queried is on data! Data is setup in this format: Col A - Unit (15 but may need to add more) Row 1 - Account (20 but may need to add more) Current range defined as My_Range Summary is setup in this format: $d$1:$R$1 - Unit $B$2:$B$32 - Account Units and accounts are always text format. Ex Unit = Arizona , Account = Phoenix A Unit may have many different accounts Trying to setup fomula on summary! so when find matching criteria D1 and B2 return intersecting value from Data! Then when drag formula right or ...

SUMIF and INDIRECT reference to tab in other workbook
I am trying to summarise multiple tabs onto one spreadsheet in a different workbook that can have more than one row of data for the same criteria using the following but it is returning with #REF as it is saying it is volatile. $L$5 = Filename $C10 = Tabname $E$17:$E$28 = Range $I$10 = Sumif Criteria $I$17:$I$28 = Sum_Range =SUMIF(INDIRECT("'["&$L$5&"]"&$C10&"'!$E$17:$E$28"),$I10,INDIRECT("'["&$L$5&"]"&$C10&"'!$I$17:$I$28")) Any help greatly appreciated ! Is the workb...

Multiple emails
Since yesterday I am receiving duplicate copies of emails. This was particularly bad because I had received some rather large video clips. (I'm on dial-up.) Where is the problem most likely to lie, my isp or something in OE6? I'm using XP8 SP3. Thanks...Susie Are you using the email scanning module of your anti-virus program? "Susie" <Susie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5FC2EA1-F41D-4F17-8BCB-C1F97C03ED94@microsoft.com... : Since yesterday I am receiving duplicate copies of emails. : This was particularly bad because I had received s...

daily sales summary info
I have a small clothing boutique that recently moved locations. We would like to know if our traffic has increased, and if our average sale has increased. Is there any way to access this information in a report? Paging through every day of Z reports is pretty tedious. MP There's a custom report you can download called "average sales by store". It's just summary data that you can filter by date ranges. It includes your average transaction $ amount, avg # of units/transaction, profit marging % and avg # transactions/day. Good luck. "MP" wrote: > I ha...

Question about using rules on multiple machines
My company just migrated from Lotus Notes to Exchange 2007. Clients are all Outlook 2007. We have a lot of users who have both a desktop and a laptop. Some users have created some formatting rules to have email from certain people come in with a color... Tool / Organize. These rules keep disappearing from Outlook and have to be recreated. Here are my questions: Should these rules be created on one machine or both? If created on just one will they replicate to the others? What can cause the rules to disappear? If you create some rules on one machine and some on the other will that cause problem...

Tabbed control and populating multiple subforms
I have a main form (frmAddProd) which contains a tabbed control with 2 pages. Each page contains a subform bound to the main form on fields: ProductionDate, Dept, and Shift. The subforms (sfmProdOp and sfmEmpProd) are not directly related to each other though. sfmProdOp is on page 0. sfmProdOp is in datasheet view. So the user enters data on the main form into ProductionDate, Dept, and Shift and hits the <enter> key which moves the cursor to the first field in sfmProdOp for more data entry. My problem: if at this point I select the 2nd tabbed page (page 1) which contains sfmEmpProd the...

Multiple instances
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: Exchange Hi, Just researching converting to Mac, have finally had enough of windows. I have 3 separate businesses all running on their own exchange server / domain. Is it possible to have 3 instances of entourage open and connected to 3 different accounts at the same time? Hi, even though I am no Exchange expert, I think that you can create as many Exchange accounts as you want in any edition of Entourage 2008 other than the Home & Student Edition (which does not support Exchange at all). On 27/11/0...

multiple managers for distribution list in gal on exchange 2k3
Hi all, is there a way to allow multiple persons in a organisation to manage GAL distribution list on exchange 2k3 via the outlook client? If we se one as owner, only this person could administer the list, but we need solution for more than one manager. Thanks a lot. Klau - ZeroFighte ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message535481.htm Klaus- Check out this KB: http://support.microsoft.com...

how to manage multiple mail aliases in Outlook (vs O. Express)
Hi, I have 3 mail aliases that point to the same mailbox, 2 of which are mine and one that is my wife's. Before I "upgraded" from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002, I had rules set to leave any messages with my wife's email address in the "To" field on the server and download the rest to my OE client. That way, she could get her mail on her own computer and I would get mine through my own client. But I haven't found a way to do this in Outlook 2002. There does not seem to be a rule action to "leave message on server" if "To field contains: ...

Multiple Instances of Manager Program
Greetings I have a situation where it might become necessary to have multiple people running the SO Manager program at the same time. Doing edits and changes primarily. Has anyone run up against any performance/stability issues under such circumstances. Does this cause any instability problems with the POS frontend also operating at the same time? The reason I mention this is that we did some experimentation with having an MS Access forms app try and edit some data in the Customer table and it would cause the frontend to crash if we were operating on the same record. We we...

Rebulid Inventory Summary from Period Summary
If you fail to close the Inventory module on the correct date, all Summary values for an inventory item are summed incorrectly. I would like to see a rebuild of the summary values in an item be rebuilt form the period summary that is correct. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&...

Filtering for multiple sheets
I need to filter out information from 1 sheet to another to take out duplication. Does anyone have a formula that I can use?? I need it to sort out 2 columns of information. Thanks for the help! Maybe you could use data|filter|advanced filter. Debra Dalgleish has some notes at: http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR JVDM wrote: > > I need to filter out information from 1 sheet to another to take out > duplication. Does anyone have a formula that I can use?? I need it to sort > out 2 columns of information. Thanks for the help! -- Dave Peterson ...

Working with multiple files/workbooks cross linked
Hi, It seems that the dozen workbooks I have created and the cross sharing of nformation with some single filesworkbook sharing several other files / workbooks need to have the files all open otherwise the paths seems to get a bit mixed up. Is there a way then that will open all files related to a group when I want to work on a particular set of files but as mentioned get ALL the oher files/ workbooks open to ensure the links all work corretly? Thanks Mike Here is an example with three workbooks: first.xls second.xls third.xls Let's say that if one of the files is opened, we wa...

Reoplace text in multiple word Docs
Hi. I am learning how to use PowerShell. But now I have a task that I don't know if can be done with PowerShell. I have to find some text in multiple documents in different directories, and replace it. Example (2/20/2002, 2/20/2003 with 2/2003, 2/2003, 2/2009). I am talking close to 300 documents. All help can be appreciated. I was looking at set-content, but is did not open the Word.doc file correctly. Thanks! Not something I've done yet, but this article is on that topic http://www.powershell.nu/2009/02/05/replacing-text-in-word-documents-through-powershell/ -...

SOP Summary Breakdown report vs SOP Summary Breakdown Reprint repo
Hi, My client has just upgraded to vs10 and they noticed that the SOP Summary Breakdown report now prints at a document level instead of at an account level as the SOP Summary Breakdown Reprint Report does. In vs8 it apparantly worked the same as the SOP Summary Breakdown Report. I have had a look and the report uses the SOP Distribution temp table, whereas the SOP Summary Breakdown Reprint Report using the SOle.P Distribution Open and History table. I tried adding a relation to the Account Master table from the SOP Distribution temp, but this then just corrupts the report and caus...

categorize multiple transactions to the same Payee at once?
I have a year's worth of transactions from my bank, credit cards, etc and I'm looking for the simplest way to categorize them. I thought I could sort by Payee and select all of the same payees and categorize them at once but it seems like I can only categorize one payee at a time? Please tell me there's an easier way.... ...

passing a parameter based on multiple selections
Hi, I have a form in which several choices are selected, one of which is a list box in which the user can make multiple selections. I followed the various suggestions to create a String that has the selected items and I set a textbox in the form as that final String as follows: Dim Criteria As String Dim ctl As Control Dim Itm As Variant ' Build a list of the selections. Set ctl = Me![lboSTATID] For Each Itm In ctl.ItemsSelected If Len(Criteria) = 0 Then Criteria = Chr(34) &a...

Using an iputted array across multiple worksheets
Hi, I've made a macro that ask for the user to select a range through the message box, which then uses that range to calculate the sum of it and put it on another workbook. This part works as expected. But what I'm trying to do after that is use that same range (such as U51:U55) on another worksheet to do the same thing. I'm sure I'm doing something stupid but I just can't find anything that will let me do this. Here is pieces of the code: On Error Resume Next Set prevRow = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="Please select the range to reference",...

Project Server 2007
We are synching our Enterprise Resource Pool with an Active Directory Group. A new AD group was created, and users moved to this new group. As a result, no one in the new group can log on because we only synch with the original AD group. My question is...can we synch our ERP with multiple AD groups? Thanks -- ITPM ITPM -- I believe that the Project Server 2007 synchronizes the Enterprise Resource Pool with only one AD group, so you need to have all of your resources in a single AD group. Beyond this, your Project Server administrator should navigate to the Active D...

Multiple namespaces
Hi, Is it possible to write the following with the use of XML? How? <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:cd="http://www.recshop.fake/cd#"> Can someone help me out. Thanks in Advance Curious wrote: > Is it possible to write the following with the use of XML? How? > <rdf:RDF > xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" > xmlns:cd="http://www.recshop.fake/cd#"> That is a start tag of an element with local name RDF, prefix rdf bound to the namespace URI http://www.w3.org/1999/...

Delete the sheets in the current workbook which are not have colored in the tab
i need a vba code to delete all the sheets whose sheet name are not coloured ....... Sub DelNonColouredTabs() Dim i As Long Dim s As String Dim shot As Object If Val(Application.Version) <= 9 Then MsgBox "Coloured tabs N/A in this Excel version" Exit Sub End If ReDim arrNames(1 To ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count) For Each sht In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets If VarType(sht.Tab.Color) = vbBoolean Then i = i + 1 arrNames(i) = sht.Name End If Next If i = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count Then ...

Tender Summary report
The tender summary report, by definition, should give a summary of all tenders taken for a given time period. The report in RMS, however, joins the TenderEntry table to the Transaction table, and consequently only shows tender information for sales transactions. Payments to Account and deposits are excluded from this report. The result is a partial tender summary report that doesn't give a clear picture of all the tenders taken in a given time period. Does anyone know of a way to create a comprehensive tender report that will provide the details of ALL cash, checks, credit cards...