Sum value between dates problem driving me mad!

Good Evening All,
I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but am
a bit stumped.
I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all.
I have a data table (as detailed below). (Hopefully, this should be
'pastable' into Excel - it works for me)
I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month.
Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome.
Cheers,
Mathew

Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03
      Start Finish Day Rate  Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 Jul-2003 Aug-2003
      01/04/2003  23.00
      01/04/2003 09/07/2003 23.00
      01/04/2003 30/07/2003 23.00
      01/04/2003  23.00
      29/04/2003  23.00
      01/04/2003  23.00
      01/04/2003  23.00
      01/04/2003  23.00
      01/04/2003  23.00
      01/04/2003 09/04/2003 23.00
      01/04/2003  23.00
      01/04/2003  23.00
      30/04/2003  23.00
      29/05/2003 23/06/2003 23.00
      19/05/2003 02/06/2003 23.00
      26/06/2003  23.00
      22/07/2003  23.00
      07/07/2003 21/07/2003 23.00
      01/04/2003 14/04/2003 23.00
      22/04/2003 24/04/2003 23.00
      14/04/2003 28/04/2003 23.00
      01/04/2003  23.00
      01/04/2003  23.00
      14/04/2003 19/04/2003 23.00
      12/05/2003 02/06/2003 23.00
      23/05/2003 08/06/2003 23.00
      12/05/2003 26/05/2003 23.00
      19/05/2003 26/05/2003 23.00
      27/05/2003 24/06/2003 23.00
      19/05/2003 27/05/2003 23.00
      30/06/2003 21/07/2003 23.00
      09/06/2003  23.00
      02/06/2003 09/06/2003 23.00
      31/07/2003 24/08/2003 23.00
      21/07/2003  23.00
      09/07/2003 14/07/2003 23.00
      14/07/2003 21/07/2003 23.00
      07/07/2003 21/07/2003 23.00
      28/07/2003 11/08/2003 23.00


Finish


0
mbp1 (14)
8/19/2003 8:24:45 PM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

2 Replies
767 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 16

have you tried
=sumproduct((month(rngA)=1)*1)
=sumprocuct((month(rngA)=1)*rngC)

"Mathew P Bennett" <mbp1@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:bhu12d$e4j$1@hercules.btinternet.com...
> Good Evening All,
> I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but
am
> a bit stumped.
> I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all.
> I have a data table (as detailed below). (Hopefully, this should be
> 'pastable' into Excel - it works for me)
> I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month.
> Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome.
> Cheers,
> Mathew
>
> Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03
>       Start Finish Day Rate  Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 Jul-2003 Aug-2003
>       01/04/2003  23.00
>       01/04/2003 09/07/2003 23.00
>       01/04/2003 30/07/2003 23.00
>       01/04/2003  23.00
>       29/04/2003  23.00
>       01/04/2003  23.00
>       01/04/2003  23.00
>       01/04/2003  23.00
>       01/04/2003  23.00
>       01/04/2003 09/04/2003 23.00
>       01/04/2003  23.00
>       01/04/2003  23.00
>       30/04/2003  23.00
>       29/05/2003 23/06/2003 23.00
>       19/05/2003 02/06/2003 23.00
>       26/06/2003  23.00
>       22/07/2003  23.00
>       07/07/2003 21/07/2003 23.00
>       01/04/2003 14/04/2003 23.00
>       22/04/2003 24/04/2003 23.00
>       14/04/2003 28/04/2003 23.00
>       01/04/2003  23.00
>       01/04/2003  23.00
>       14/04/2003 19/04/2003 23.00
>       12/05/2003 02/06/2003 23.00
>       23/05/2003 08/06/2003 23.00
>       12/05/2003 26/05/2003 23.00
>       19/05/2003 26/05/2003 23.00
>       27/05/2003 24/06/2003 23.00
>       19/05/2003 27/05/2003 23.00
>       30/06/2003 21/07/2003 23.00
>       09/06/2003  23.00
>       02/06/2003 09/06/2003 23.00
>       31/07/2003 24/08/2003 23.00
>       21/07/2003  23.00
>       09/07/2003 14/07/2003 23.00
>       14/07/2003 21/07/2003 23.00
>       07/07/2003 21/07/2003 23.00
>       28/07/2003 11/08/2003 23.00
>
>
> Finish
>
>


0
Don
8/19/2003 9:34:12 PM
Hi Don,
Thank you for this, I have recently discovered sumproduct, and learning it's
usefulness vs arrays.(or many if's)
From Tom Ogilvy's post worksheet.functions 14/08/03 06:31 Ref TotalFinder. -
I think clever, as I encounter this problem.
Mathew
"Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
news:uYX6hmpZDHA.3768@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> have you tried
> =sumproduct((month(rngA)=1)*1)
> =sumprocuct((month(rngA)=1)*rngC)
>
> "Mathew P Bennett" <mbp1@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:bhu12d$e4j$1@hercules.btinternet.com...
> > Good Evening All,
> > I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but
> am
> > a bit stumped.
> > I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all.
> > I have a data table (as detailed below). (Hopefully, this should be
> > 'pastable' into Excel - it works for me)
> > I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month.
> > Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome.
> > Cheers,
> > Mathew
> >
> > Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03
> >       Start Finish Day Rate  Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 Jul-2003
Aug-2003
> >       01/04/2003  23.00
> >       01/04/2003 09/07/2003 23.00
> >       01/04/2003 30/07/2003 23.00
> >       01/04/2003  23.00
> >       29/04/2003  23.00
> >       01/04/2003  23.00
> >       01/04/2003  23.00
> >       01/04/2003  23.00
> >       01/04/2003  23.00
> >       01/04/2003 09/04/2003 23.00
> >       01/04/2003  23.00
> >       01/04/2003  23.00
> >       30/04/2003  23.00
> >       29/05/2003 23/06/2003 23.00
> >       19/05/2003 02/06/2003 23.00
> >       26/06/2003  23.00
> >       22/07/2003  23.00
> >       07/07/2003 21/07/2003 23.00
> >       01/04/2003 14/04/2003 23.00
> >       22/04/2003 24/04/2003 23.00
> >       14/04/2003 28/04/2003 23.00
> >       01/04/2003  23.00
> >       01/04/2003  23.00
> >       14/04/2003 19/04/2003 23.00
> >       12/05/2003 02/06/2003 23.00
> >       23/05/2003 08/06/2003 23.00
> >       12/05/2003 26/05/2003 23.00
> >       19/05/2003 26/05/2003 23.00
> >       27/05/2003 24/06/2003 23.00
> >       19/05/2003 27/05/2003 23.00
> >       30/06/2003 21/07/2003 23.00
> >       09/06/2003  23.00
> >       02/06/2003 09/06/2003 23.00
> >       31/07/2003 24/08/2003 23.00
> >       21/07/2003  23.00
> >       09/07/2003 14/07/2003 23.00
> >       14/07/2003 21/07/2003 23.00
> >       07/07/2003 21/07/2003 23.00
> >       28/07/2003 11/08/2003 23.00
> >
> >
> > Finish
> >
> >
>
>


0
mbp1 (14)
8/19/2003 10:02:36 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

In excel change color of a range of cells based on a cell value
Based on a cell value from a drop down box, how can you make a range of cells to change background color? Use the cell the box is linked to in your conditional formatting formula. If your box is tied to, say, A1, make sure the conditional formula is like: =$A$1="value" value is whatever will be selected in the box. Then set the background color. Squeaky "kwitt" wrote: > Based on a cell value from a drop down box, how can you make a range of cells > to change background color? ...

Excel2007 Replace formulas with {=#Value!} when saving file
The file is in Excel 2003 (created in Excell 2003) format. "FileName [Compatibility Mode] ..." displayed on title bar when loaded in Excell 2007. There are several worksheets in the workbook with array formulas referring to other worksheet. When saving the file a message pops up saying "saving this file in 2003 format will lose information, formulas will be converted to {=#Value!} as the 2003 format cannot handle the quatity of formulas in this workbook". If you select "Continue" that is exactly what happens: poof, most of your array formulas are replaced. ...

How to get #value! to return a value of 0?
My formula is like this: =A2+B2+C2. However, some of the values in the B2 column are "--," indicating "not applicable". When I use the formula, it interprets this as text, of course, and returns the error value of #VALUE! I want it to treat these as zeroes. How can I do this? I tried doing a FIND AND REPLACE, but it did not recognize any of the "-- " values in the FIND. Can anybody help? =SUM(A2:C2) would be the easiest way. SUM will ignore text. tj "rhodesv" wrote: > My formula is like this: =A2+B2+C2. However, some of the values i...

How to perform sum sum sum...
How to perform sumation within that particular item but the item is not unique...means item 1 has its own quantity and same goes to item 2...but in the same table... -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 05:28:12 GMT, "EMILYTAN via AccessMonster.com" <u33296@uwe> wrote: >How to perform sumation within that particular item but the item is not >unique...means item 1 has its own quantity and same goes to item 2...but in >the same table... Group By the item. For a more detailed answer, please post a more detailed question (with a des...

Summing up user defined results
Hi all - I'm new to VBA programming in Excel and so any help i'd totally love! I'm currently writing a function. Objective: user can select rows (do not have to be sequential). User clicks on button. UserForm appears with summed results from ONLY rows that he selected. What I have now, well it doesn't work: Sub Button6_Click() Dim i As Integer Dim totalNumbers As Integer Dim aRange As range For Each a In Selection.Areas 'MsgBox "Area " & i & " of the selection contains " & _ ' a.Rows.Count & " rows." &...

Null value won't pass into function
Hi All, I have started tearing my hair out over this problem! I am pulling some data from a table and passing it as variables into a function in Access. One of the variables I'm passing through can be Null, so to avoid trying to pass a Null value to a function as a string (which I gather Access wouldn't like) I created an IIF function inside the parameters so if the value was null, it passed the string "NULLDEPOT" into the function, and I dealt with it inside the function. No matter HOW I try (stacked queries, new variables, taking the IIF out of the function parameters an...

Multiple variables to sort and sum, return values<0 with sum refer
Can anyone help me with this one please? I have this table of data. I'd like to be able to write a formula(s) which sums the No according to date and code, but then only returns a sum value (with the code and date in the two adjacent cells) if there is a value greater than 0. Code Ref No Date 1 G/032/05/999 400600 212 19/03/2010 2 G/032/03/001/999 400500 50 19/03/2010 3 G/032/02/001/001 400400 170 19/03/2010 4 G/032/05/999 400600 315 19/03/2010 5 G/032/03/001/999 400500 300 19/03/2010 6 G/032/05/999 400600 202 19/03/2010 7 G/032/03/001/002 40...

OWA logoff problem
I have a strange problem that seems to come and go, and sometimes it gets fixed by just rebooting the FE or BE server... When people are in OWA (via the FE server) sometimes when they logoff, the authentication popup box comes up and it won't let them logoff, even if they actually type in their credentials. If they go to OWA directly to the BE server (which they can't do unless they are at work) logoff works just fine, without asking them to authenticate. What is this about? Is there a setting set wrong somewhere? Or some kind of bug? Anyone else heard of this? TIA!! / Per ...

graphing ordered non-numeric value
How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on the x-axis? Hi Mkchu, > How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very > Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on > the x-axis? Probably the easiest way is to give each of them a number (e.g. Failed = 0, Excellent = 6) and plot those. Then format the Y axis to show markers but no labels and use text boxes for the labels. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel...

sum subform to form
=Sum([Forms]![frmCamPledgeList].[frmCamPledgeListSub].[Amount Pledged]) Form (frmCamPledgeList) with subform frmCamPledgeListSub). Subform has a field named Pledge Amount. I want to put a field on the form that gives me a total of the subform's Amount Pledged. I have tried the above, but I get an #error in the unbound text box. Do you need any more info? Any thoughts on why this does not work? Thanks in advance, Scott -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200912/1 The proper syntax is =Sum([Forms]![frmCa...

Outlook problem #17
I had to un-install Office 2003 beta today and re-install Office XP. And having major problems with Outlook. First it was complaining about some missing DLLs and MAPI32.DLL and now after multiple repairs and re-installs I got it to the point when it does not complain, however it does not send/receive mails either - error operation failed. Any help how to fix friendly app? Thx YuriW ...

Setting up Access application
I need some guidance here. What is a better way to run small Access application - direct access using networked drive or using Citrix environment? It is small application - only few users. Thanks for any input! ...

Problem in Excel micro
I have recorded a macro by CUT and PASTE in a excel file and then when I am trying to run it it exception is raised. But this is not happening in some systems. Can anybody suggest me on this? ...

Display msg when value chgs to zero.
Hi, I'm running Access via XP Office Pro under Windows 7. Background ------------------- We are working on creating a cash receipt form. Checks are group into "batches" of 20 checks. Someone adds up the checks using a calcuator. The total from the calculator is called the "batch control total". The cash receipts form has a form and a sub-form. The allows the user to enter the batch number, batch date, control total amount (from manually run caculator tape), and batch comment. The sub-form enables the user to enter the individual checks. The c...

there should be a modified date of a single cell modifacation
there should be a modified date of a single cell modifacation ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0b09c9ca-2596-45ed-8529-3d4198bd8ed5&dg=microsoft.public.excel.newusers ??? ...

Deleting multiple rows from value list
Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column? I have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to delete. I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted. Is this possible? Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie) Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it. -Jack Dahlgren "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to delete multiple ro...

Client-Outlook problem
Hello, I have big trouble with Outlook after the crm-installation. First of all the Serverconnection failed everytime I start Outlook. I have to change to offlinemode, restart outlook and went to onlinemode. The next thing is the performance. Outlook is significant slower than before. Have anybody the same problems and may be a suggestion? ...

Calculate sum of a field within the query
I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows the part number and the total parts failed for that record. I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12 months. So I would see the following: Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past 12 months 44444 | x | 4 | 1/2/08 | 200 44445 | Y |1 ...

Automatic filling of cells within a certain date range
Can someone please help, I have been stuck on this for the past two days... Column 'AB' has 'Start Date' and column 'AD' has 'Finish date' Row 19, cells 'AI' to 'DW' have the months written as 'J' 'F' 'M' 'A' etc.....from 2008 to 2015. I want to be able to enter a 'start date' in column 'AB' i.e. 1 January 2008 and a 'Finish date' in column 'AD' i.e. 1 April 2015. Then i would like the cells 'J - A' on row 19 to be filled with '1' in each month.... I...

Calculating a percentage from values in two different fields
Hi, I have a query called SalesBudget3 that has fields which include: CustomerName, Type and then all of the months of the year (January, February). The type field is either Actual or Budget. My query will return two records per client. The first would have their actual sales for 2008 and the second would have their budgeted sales. In my report, I have the field names in the page header (Type, January etc) and CustomerName in the CustomerName header. The Details sections has their monthly sales figures. In the CustomerName footer, I want to calculate percent of Actual to Budget pe...

how to make this work if sum=5+n2 then sum becomes the value of s.
I want to get or create a formula in excel or access that allows me to keep a running total of my supplies ie... I have 2 pens, remove one and receive 2. answer in the cell becomes 3 pens then if I zero out the received cell the inventory cell still remembers that I have 3 pens not 4 pens (because I received 2 more pens) and visa versa when I zero out the received cell it remembers I have 3 pens not 1 pen(because I removed 1 pen) I believe the method you suggest is flawed. You have no audit trail. If the number on the sheet doesn't match your actual inventory, how will you figure out...

Date ranges
Hi I have a list of predefined dates in column B in colum C formula to show todays date. (i.e. if today = 24-6-06) What I want is D1 to to show B2 (19-7-06) and D2 to show B1 (12-6-06) A B C D 1 1 12-6-06 =today() next date = 2 2 19-7-06 previous date = 3 3 24-8-06 4 4 30-9-06 Any help appreciated. Regards Paul T Paul T wrote: > I have a list of predefined dates in column B in colum C formula to show > todays date. (i.e. if today = 24-6-06) > What I want is D1 to to show B2 (19-7-06) an...

Complex Query Problem
I have a database with a number of fields Program, LTV, Amount, Price, Rate, Fee. Each row has the same Program, a given list of LTV's, Amounts and Prices. I want to retrieve only the lowest Rate and Fee at each give each program, ltv and amount. I used an update table query but it is inconsistant in returning the lowest rate and fee even though the table from which i am selecting is sort correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Try using a Totals query with Group By as the Total criteria in every field but either Rate or Fee and Min in the Totals row of tha...

=SUM Ranges Do Not Update
I have a Excel 2000 spread sheet, with the following macro to insert new row. Sub InsertRow() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 4/27/2004 ' 'GoTo label, MyString ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.Goto Reference:="MyCell" ActiveCell.Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveCell.Select ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True Scenarios:=True End Sub The problem is that in the "Mycell&qu...

Drop down values relating to cells in next worksheet
Here goes, hope this makes sense! I have a worksheet that contains a questionnaire, which is filled in by choosing the reply from the drop down (Data/Validation) box, e.g. 'Strongly Agree', 'Disagree' etc. I need to be able to make these choices relate to my scoresheet in the next worksheet, so that when 'Strongly disagree' is chosen, a score of 10 is transferred to the related cell in the scoresheet. There are 4 choices - strongly disagree = 10, disagree = 9, agree = 1, strongly agree = 0. I haven't a clue how to do this, hope someone can help! Hi use v...