sum particular items from a list

I have a long list of orders attributed to four different salespeople.  I
want to use a function (in a cell at the bottom of the list) to SUM the
value of all the orders in the list which belong to salesman1, ignoring all
the others.  Then do the same for salesman2 etc...

Salesman's name is in column A, order value is in column D.  I KNOW this is
straightforward, but I just can't figure out how to do it.  Help, please!

Thanks

0
Jeff

=SUMIF(A:A,"Salesman1",D:D)

--

HTH

RP

"Jeff" <no_em@ilplease> wrote in message news:42248ab3@212.67.96.135...
> I have a long list of orders attributed to four different salespeople.  I
> want to use a function (in a cell at the bottom of the list) to SUM the
> value of all the orders in the list which belong to salesman1, ignoring
all
> the others.  Then do the same for salesman2 etc...
>
> Salesman's name is in column A, order value is in column D.  I KNOW this
is
> straightforward, but I just can't figure out how to do it.  Help, please!
>
> Thanks

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
3/1/2005 3:39:11 PM
Try...

=SUMIF(A1:A100,"SalespersonName",D1:D100)

Adjust the range accordingly.

Hope this helps!

In article <42248ab3@212.67.96.135>, "Jeff" <no_em@ilplease> wrote:

> I have a long list of orders attributed to four different salespeople.  I
> want to use a function (in a cell at the bottom of the list) to SUM the
> value of all the orders in the list which belong to salesman1, ignoring all
> the others.  Then do the same for salesman2 etc...
>
> Salesman's name is in column A, order value is in column D.  I KNOW this is
> straightforward, but I just can't figure out how to do it.  Help, please!
>
> Thanks
0
domenic22 (716)
3/1/2005 3:39:29 PM
Thanks!

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> =SUMIF(A:A,"Salesman1",D:D)
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "Jeff" <no_em@ilplease> wrote in message news:42248ab3@212.67.96.135...
>> I have a long list of orders attributed to four different salespeople.  I
>> want to use a function (in a cell at the bottom of the list) to SUM the
>> value of all the orders in the list which belong to salesman1, ignoring
> all
>> the others.  Then do the same for salesman2 etc...
>>
>> Salesman's name is in column A, order value is in column D.  I KNOW this
> is
>> straightforward, but I just can't figure out how to do it.  Help, please!
>>
>> Thanks

0
Jeff

How to perform sum sum sum...

Printing sent items
Hi all, I am using Outlook 2000 on a Windows Terminal server. I need to find a way where I can get Outlook to print out my sent Items and also show the attachments included in the email (just show the atttachments, not actually print them all out) Is there a way I can do this?? Many thanks Terry Terry <terry@rit.co.uk> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2000 on a Windows Terminal server. > I need to find a way where I can get Outlook to print out my sent > Items and also show the attachments included in the email (just show > the atttachments, not actually print them all out...

Edit mode in RTF items by default?
I've noticed that (in Outlook 2000) rich-text items (mails and posts) are in edit mode by default when opened (whereas plain-text and HTML items are not, and you have to go to Edit menu to switch them to edit mode). Is this a bug or a feature? What's so special about RTF? That's just the way the RTF editor works.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/j...

Inventory and COGS accounts on the Sales Edit List
Is there any way to add the Inventory and COGS posting accounts for each item onto the Sales Edit List. All the G/L accounts need to be approved before a batch is posted but this report does not include the G/L distributions for each item. Elaine, I don't see how because these distributions aren't created at the time of the edit list - only during posting. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC348F3B-92B6-4C06-A8EC...

Sent Items Missing
Can anyone help? I have a client that uses Exchange 2000 (latest SP). One of the users has complained that they send e-mail and they do not appear in the Sent Items folder (Outlook 2003 SP2). This is not the case for anyone else. This does not happen to every e-mail, just once in a while. I chacked setting, view settings set to Sent To, which is correct. I deleted and recreated his profile as well as Outlook profile, gave him a new PC, but problem still persists. He tells me it seems to happen when he e-mails an external address and CC's someone in from Global address list (within t...

public lists
is ther a way to block outside (spammers) to send to group lists? Hi Mike, If you are running Exchange 5.5 only, then you could remove the SMTP Address from the Groups and nobody outside of your Exchange Organization would be able to send to them. If you are using Exchange 2000, then you could create a new Recipient Policy that only applies to distribution groups. You could then set it to give the distribution groups an email address of alias@domain.local instead of alias@domain.com. This will prevent anyone from outside from emailing those aliases. -- Thanks, James Burrage This posting...

Summing up user defined results

sum subform to form

List of items with commissions
Is there a report that will list items that have a commission set on them? I want to be able to email our sales reps a list, but haven't found a good way to do it. The report I'd like, but don't know how to create would have department, category, item, price, and commission amount. Thanks for any help, -CP Hi there, Retail Analytics from Professional Advantage will enable you to create that report. Basically anything that is captured in RMS can be reported on in Retail Analytics. If you would like to take a look at the product, a quick movie is available at http://www.p...

Free Entry or List?
Is it possible to configure a cell so that a user can enter EITHER a value OR select from a list of values? Thanks in advance! ...

I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows the part number and the total parts failed for that record. I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12 months. So I would see the following: Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past 12 months 44444 | x | 4 | 1/2/08 | 200 44445 | Y |1 ...

Deleting multiple rows from value list
Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column? I have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to delete. I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted. Is this possible? Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie) Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it. -Jack Dahlgren "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to delete multiple ro...

MFC/MDI App fails with "An invalid argument was encountered." on click File menu item.
A message is popping up "An invalid argument was encountered." when the user clicks on the File menu item. I have an MDI app and it appears that the message occurs before any document is selected. When a document file has been opened, the message also pops up, again when the File menu is clicked. The file menu itself never opens. I found the place in VS .NET 2005 that is producing the message: - afxres.rc with the line: AFX_IDS_INVALID_ARG_EXCEPTION "An invalid argument was encountered." The code that uses this seems to be in except.cpp as: IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC(CInv...

How to prevent hard delete on particular folder
How to prevent hard delete(SHIFT+DELETE) on particular folder? Can we make a particular folder 100% read-only? >How to prevent hard delete(SHIFT+DELETE) on particular >folder? Can we make a particular folder 100% read-only? If it's on an Exchange server, probably. If it's in a PST file on the hard drive, I'd be surprised. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

Outlook 2007 Distribution list update!
For years now, I have used Ctrl+W to update a Distribution List after new member(s) have been added to the list. This keyboard shortcut seems to be inoperative in Outlook 2007. A setting missing or a function missing? ...

=SUM Ranges Do Not Update
I have a Excel 2000 spread sheet, with the following macro to insert new row. Sub InsertRow() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 4/27/2004 ' 'GoTo label, MyString ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.Goto Reference:="MyCell" ActiveCell.Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveCell.Select ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True Scenarios:=True End Sub The problem is that in the "Mycell&qu...

flagging items in public folder
hi, I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? "JA" <jalvord1@comcast.net> wrote: >I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other >than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that >subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Permissions? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send m...

Sum value between dates problem driving me mad!
Good Evening All, I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but am a bit stumped. I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all. I have a data table (as detailed below). (Hopefully, this should be 'pastable' into Excel - it works for me) I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month. Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome. Cheers, Mathew Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03 Start Finish Day Rate Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 Jul-2003 Aug-2003 01/04/2003 23.00 01/04/2003 09/07/2003 23.00 ...

Using the Common Feed List in Excel
Is it possible to collect items from the Common Feed List (RSS feeds) generated by IE into Excel? I would like to screen a bunch of feeds from Craigslist and eBay and none of the readers I've tried seem to do it very well. TIA ed I have used the IE application with Excel to read 1000's of webpages. Depending on the Website it can be very simple, not so simple, or very complicated. Not all webpages are the same even though the make look similar. I don't know what you mean by "to do it very well". The code may not be simple. I would have to see the U...

Anothers items question!
Ive read all the other Q&A about the single items and cases and just and know that cases = parent items and singles = child items. the problem that i have is that on my shelves i can normal get more than 1 case on there. RMS will only break a case when there is no more singles available. What if I can get 24 singles on the shelf, i have 6 singles on the shelf and the case has 12. Can i tell RMS that i want to break the case and put it on the shelf or will it only break when the 6 has been sold? There's no button to break a parent into it's children, but you can manually ...

Conditional Sum Wizard
Currently I am setting up a sheet and I am using the conditional sum wizard for formulas. Once a formula is created the sytem won't let me copy or change a formula. If I try to copy (Copy, paste special) a formula to another cell, the formula won't work anymore. If I create a formula with the wizard and afterwards change one of the parameters, the formula does not work anymore. Can anyone give me a hint on how I can solve these issues? Thanks. Please don't multi-post - you have an answer elsewhere, relating to use of CSE. Pete On Jan 6, 9:23=A0am, MarcoKoenders <MarcoKo...

No Sent Items Folder
Im using MS Outlook 2002 did a re-install on a new hard drive and now Ive lost my Sent Items, how can I retrieve my folder , not worried about the contents? Thanks Bob How did you restore your Outlook data? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Bob V asked: | Im using MS Outlook 2002 did a re-install on a new hard drive and now | Ive lost my Sent Items, how can I retrieve my folder , not worried | about the contents? | Thanks Bob Did a complete install of Ms Office 2002..Thanks Bob "Milly...

Non-existent recovered items
If I look in c:\users\lee\appdata\local\Microsoft\windows live mail\storage folders\recovered items I find 20 folders containing .nws files. Trying to open a file gives the message: The file ... could not be opened because it does not exist, or is being used by another application. (0x80004005, 1400) In WLMail there are no messages within Recovered Items and I can't remember seeing any for months. Does this mean something is wrong with the storage folders or should I just delete these in Windows Explorer? If you close WLM can you then double click an NWS fil...