SUm function and adding rows

Is there a way to get the SUM function to increase the range if a row is
added right above the previous SUM range. FOr example to go from SUM(C3, C22)
to SUM (C3, C23) when I insert a row directly above row 24 - wher the SUM
function resides.

You could use a formula like this in C23:

=SUM(C2:OFFSET(C23,-1,0))

--

Dave Peterson
0

How to perform sum sum sum...

Changed mail address in AD, how to propigate to Exchange?
Hi, I changed a users email address in Active Directory from: user@mail.domain.com to user@domain.com However, when I send an email as that user, the header still shows that it's from user@mail.domain.com Do I have to do something on the exchange 2003 server side to get it to pick up the change I made to the account in AD? Thanks (btw, if the answer is "Restart Exchange", what specific service(s) do I restart, and it what order?) Mike Go back where you added it and make the one you want the header to read the primary address. -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exc...

hiding rows
Hi, I want to use the conditional formating of a certain range of cells so that: if a cell in that range is empty (nothing is shown) hide the entire row. note: the values in the cells are copied from other cells in a different worksheet. If this is not possible with conditional formating can it be done with VBA and How? Not possible with CF Look here for a few ways http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide For example Hide Empty rows, Print and unhide the rows This example will loop through row 1:30 in "Sheet1" If every cell in column A:G is empty it will hide that row. Afte...

Summing up user defined results

Null value won't pass into function
Hi All, I have started tearing my hair out over this problem! I am pulling some data from a table and passing it as variables into a function in Access. One of the variables I'm passing through can be Null, so to avoid trying to pass a Null value to a function as a string (which I gather Access wouldn't like) I created an IIF function inside the parameters so if the value was null, it passed the string "NULLDEPOT" into the function, and I dealt with it inside the function. No matter HOW I try (stacked queries, new variables, taking the IIF out of the function parameters an...

sum subform to form

I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows the part number and the total parts failed for that record. I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12 months. So I would see the following: Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past 12 months 44444 | x | 4 | 1/2/08 | 200 44445 | Y |1 ...

Deleting multiple rows from value list
Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column? I have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to delete. I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted. Is this possible? Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie) Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it. -Jack Dahlgren "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to delete multiple ro...

=SUM Ranges Do Not Update
I have a Excel 2000 spread sheet, with the following macro to insert new row. Sub InsertRow() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 4/27/2004 ' 'GoTo label, MyString ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.Goto Reference:="MyCell" ActiveCell.Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveCell.Select ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True Scenarios:=True End Sub The problem is that in the "Mycell&qu...

adding a ListCtrl into a splitter window pane
I have a splitter window and in pane 0,0 i would like to add a CListCtrl class. I wrote the code to do this, however, when I call the Create method for the ListCtrl the app crashes on the Create. I'm wondering about the pointer I am passing it to the parent window. Where should this pointer come from? I believe I passed it the poitner to the CSplitterWnd, but I wasn't sure that was correct. Thanks, Chris I am doing the create right after I add it to the CSplitterWnd. I add a View and this ListCtrl to the Splitter and then right after that call, I call the Create method ...

Custom Functions in an Add-in
I work in an office using Excel 2007 and we have created a few custom functions and saved them as an add in within Excel (i.e. with extension .xla). The custom functions work fine, but we would like to have them available to all users on our local network. We currently do this by having local copies of the .xla file on each machine, however the .xla file is often updated and it is a pain making sure everyone is running the most up to date version. I have tried pointing each users' Excel at a single version of the .xla file on our server, but this slows Excel down significantly on loadin...

AD Properties and Outlook Views.
Hi, We have an issue whereby all our user details are hidden in Exchange using the user template in Exchange System Manager. This works fine for hiding private information when viewing user properties in Outlook however if someone right clicks on the user and selects "add to contacts" all this information is pulled into the contact form. Does anyone know where this can be locked down or do we need to secure the actual attributes in AD? Thanks for any help in advance. Cheers Leon Hi Leon, I have the exact same problem here. Did you find a solution ? "LeonG" wrote: >...

Sum value between dates problem driving me mad!
Good Evening All, I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but am a bit stumped. I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all. I have a data table (as detailed below). (Hopefully, this should be 'pastable' into Excel - it works for me) I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month. Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome. Cheers, Mathew Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03 Start Finish Day Rate Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 Jul-2003 Aug-2003 01/04/2003 23.00 01/04/2003 09/07/2003 23.00 ...

Adding News to Outlook #2
I want to add News to Outlook. The help says to click go, but under go there is no NEWS listed. I also don't have Outlook Express, just news. Thanks in advance. Beach Runner <Bob4Health@hotmail.com> wrote: > I want to add News to Outlook. Outlook doesn't do news on its own. By default, it uses Outlook Express as its newsreader, but there are commercial add-ins you can buy that will add NNTP client capability to Outlook. > The help says to click go, but under > go there is no NEWS listed. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/news.htm > I also don't have Ou...

Conditional Sum Wizard
Currently I am setting up a sheet and I am using the conditional sum wizard for formulas. Once a formula is created the sytem won't let me copy or change a formula. If I try to copy (Copy, paste special) a formula to another cell, the formula won't work anymore. If I create a formula with the wizard and afterwards change one of the parameters, the formula does not work anymore. Can anyone give me a hint on how I can solve these issues? Thanks. Please don't multi-post - you have an answer elsewhere, relating to use of CSE. Pete On Jan 6, 9:23=A0am, MarcoKoenders <MarcoKo...

How to use outline data (grouped rows) in a protected worksheet?
I want to protect a sheet containing outline data in grouped rows. After protection, users cannot hide or display the rows using the expansion buttons in the margin. Is using outline data impossible in protected sheets? ...

Sum Question
I am using Excel 2000 I have the following very simple formula in column j Sheet1 =SUM(B5*H5) I have this copied all the way down to line 40. It shows 0 in all of the cells all the way down. I would like for there to be a way that the cell would not show anything in it UNLESS there was something that it was calculating. For example. I have entered data in column b and column h through line 10, but it still shows 0 in column J all the way down to line 40. I realize that it is showing these 0's b/c I have placed the formula there, but is there a way that it will still calculate but only ...

Reports non-functional
I am currently running CRM 3.0. I have two servers, one running SQL 2000 SP4 and one running CRM. On the local CRM server, I am able to access the CRM web Client and select reports to open the reports viewer. When I select to run a report, it prompts me for log on. Once I log on it gives me access to run reports. When accessing with the web client from a workstation on the internet and access run reports, it gives me this page cannot be displayed. During this process, I noticed that it was attempting to connect to http://SQL/reportserver. What am i missing? I verified kb on separate s...

Sum sum sum
Let me describe my problem... I have a form with with item number with is unique and then i put another form (subform) to linked to record the number of item in and out.... This means a item can have many in and out transactions which make the item number not unique.. My problem is I want to calculate the sum of in quantity within the same item. I want the sum to be keep on increasing when the user enter the quantity. Example user key in 2 then new user key 4 and i want the total quantity to be 6... Please help.... No idea of what i am talking? I will explain... -- Message posted via http:/...

Taking sum of a field from sub report
Hi On a sub report I have a field datetot which is the sum of two fields those two fields are in turn coming from two further sub reports of the sub report. How can I take the sum of datetot field to the main report? Thanks Regards See: Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:OCWbU...

Adding Sum
I made a query report with unique records to display,I don't want repeating item displayed in the report. What should I do to sum the other qty delivered in a single item. Item Qty Date Pork 50 08/01/05 60 08/10/05 20 08/15/05 should be Item Qty Date Pork 130 08/01/05 - 08/15/05 thanks & Godspeed. One way Sub Test() Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long Dim dteMax As Date Dim dteMin As Date Dim...

Problem with copy/paste function
Hello, I've been using Publisher for 3 1/2 years - taught myself how to use it, and I've gotten fairly proficient. But, I'm having a problem that's never occured before. First off though, I am on a networked system. Most of the files I use are on the server which everyone has acccess to. We are all using the same version of Publisher (2000 v.6.0) I was given a new hard drive in June by the church board of trustees - nice, huh? It's much faster than my old one and I've had relatively few problems except for this one I'm dealing with for Publisher. Ever s...

How do I move ot next row in macro
I have an excel macro where I need to tell the selection to move down one row from the currently select row. What is the correct syntax to do that? James Lysaght "JamesL" <forgeddaboudit@spamblock.duh> wrote in message news:z11se.4667$hK3.4443@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... >I have an excel macro where I need to tell the selection to move down one >row from the currently select row. > > What is the correct syntax to do that? Hi James, ActiveCell(2, 1).Select However, it is rarely necessary (and is usually inefficient) to make physical select...