SUM CELLS

I used to be able to click and drag my pointer over a range of cells, and in
the bottom right corner of the program in the status bar it would show me
the sum of the cells. That some how became disabled. Any idea how I can get
the feature back?

T.I.A.

0
sdpan (3)

with your mouse, right-click down there, where you used to see the sum, and
you'll get a pop-up menu of formulas that will be applied when you highlight
a group of cells.  Most likely, "None" is selected.  Select the formula you
want (SUM) and you should be back on track.

"BatMan" <sdpan@NONSPAMMAN.com> wrote in message
> I used to be able to click and drag my pointer over a range of cells, and
in
> the bottom right corner of the program in the status bar it would show me
> the sum of the cells. That some how became disabled. Any idea how I can
get
> the feature back?
>

> T.I.A.

0
tsides (114)
5/26/2004 6:52:22 PM
Thanks!
Sometimes it's the little things you can't do without.

"Trevor" <tsides@intelligentsystemsconsulting.com> wrote in message
> with your mouse, right-click down there, where you used to see the sum,
and
> you'll get a pop-up menu of formulas that will be applied when you
highlight
> a group of cells.  Most likely, "None" is selected.  Select the formula
you
> want (SUM) and you should be back on track.
>
> "BatMan" <sdpan@NONSPAMMAN.com> wrote in message
> > I used to be able to click and drag my pointer over a range of cells,
and
> in
> > the bottom right corner of the program in the status bar it would show
me
> > the sum of the cells. That some how became disabled. Any idea how I can
> get
> > the feature back?
> >

> > T.I.A.

0
sdpan (3)
5/26/2004 6:59:30 PM
Glad I could help!

> Thanks!
> Sometimes it's the little things you can't do without.
>

> "Trevor" <tsides@intelligentsystemsconsulting.com> wrote in message
> > with your mouse, right-click down there, where you used to see the sum,
> and
> > you'll get a pop-up menu of formulas that will be applied when you
> highlight
> > a group of cells.  Most likely, "None" is selected.  Select the formula
> you
> > want (SUM) and you should be back on track.
> >
> > "BatMan" <sdpan@NONSPAMMAN.com> wrote in message
> > > I used to be able to click and drag my pointer over a range of cells,
> and
> > in
> > > the bottom right corner of the program in the status bar it would show
> me
> > > the sum of the cells. That some how became disabled. Any idea how I
can
> > get
> > > the feature back?
> > >

> > > T.I.A.

0
tsides (114)

In excel change color of a range of cells based on a cell value
Based on a cell value from a drop down box, how can you make a range of cells to change background color? Use the cell the box is linked to in your conditional formatting formula. If your box is tied to, say, A1, make sure the conditional formula is like: =$A$1="value" value is whatever will be selected in the box. Then set the background color. Squeaky "kwitt" wrote: > Based on a cell value from a drop down box, how can you make a range of cells > to change background color? ...

How to perform sum sum sum...

nth cell in the range
Within a VBA Module, I would like to set the ith component of my array A(1 to N) to be equal to the 100*(nth cell in a column in excel). How can I do this within a loop? ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Hi try something like the following sub foo() dim c_values(1 to 100) dim i for i = 1 to 100 c_values(i)=activesheet.cells(i*100,"A").value next end sub >-----Original Message----- >Within a VBA Module, I would like to set the ith component of my array >...

Summing up user defined results

keeping one cell constant
if the formula is A1*A2 on the first row and for each other row i want B2, C2 etc to always be multiplied by A1 how can i do this. At the moment if i copy the formula from 1 row to the next it doesnt how the first as the constant. pls let me know the formula i need to use Try this: =$A$1*A2 And then look up the difference between relative and absolute cell references in the Help files. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------------...

Referencing a sheet by taking its name from a cell
I'm not even sure the title of this post is correct but it's as clear as I could make it! I'm creating a summary sheet of data from many other worksheets. The worksheet names are mmm-yy (e.g. Nov-07). The top row of the summary sheet will contain those same names, with the summary data in the column below. I'm trying to find a way to reference the correct sheet by utilising the name in the top row. Something like ='A2'!C7 , I suppose, but this particular attempt didn't work. Can someone help? Thanks! Paul Assuming that you have "Nov-07"(sheet name) in...

when I type a zip code into a cell, only zeros show up. Help?
We have tried format, cells, zip code. When we type in a zip code then tab to the next cell, only zeros show up in the cell. I presume you do not actually get ALL zeros. What number did you type into the cell, is it possible that you have Lotus 1-2-3 Transitions on in Tools, options, transition and are doing a subtraction. I guess you said you only see zeros. Anyway the zip code formats in Format, cells, special require you to choose 5 digit or 9 digit, seems you chose 9 digits and entered 5. and your actual format would be 00000-0000 so a zip code of 07710 would look l...

Cell Referencing
Is there any way of referencing every other column, to each row in a another spreadsheet without hard-coding it? E.g. We want cells A1, A2, A3 ... in sheet 2, to contain, the values of cells B1, D1, F1 ... in sheet 1. Aidy One way: in sheet2: A1: =INDEX(Sheet1!$1:$1,ROW()*2) copy down. In article <c1110bb5.0404290156.2ac69238@posting.google.com>, adrian.rutter@tpg.com (Aidy) wrote: > Is there any way of referencing every other column, to each row in a > another spreadsheet without hard-coding it? > > > E.g. > > We want cells A1, A2, A3 ... in sheet ...

Macro to find highlighted cells
Hoping someone can help me with a macro. I need to look at each row (except for header row 1) ... if the cells in the row say "true" that row can be hidden. If any cells in the row say "false" that row should stay visible. Then for the remaining visible cells, look at each column (except for column A), and if everything in that column is true, it should hide that column. If the column has a "false" in it, that column should stay visible. If it makes a difference, I'm searching for the true/false *values* that are returned from a formula tha...

sum subform to form

Rows with merged cells are not adjusting even w/ Wrap Text and au.
Would be more beneficial to all if you included a description of your problem in the body of the message. The subject line gets truncated after a number of characters. But...... Merged cells will allow "wrap text" from Format>Cells>Alignment but.......... Excel has a problem auto-fitting merged cells. You can resize manually or via Macro. Jim Rech has written code for this. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 Note also a recent adaptation of this code by Greg Wilson. http://makeashorterlink.com/?P37D24B15 The best cure is DON&quo...

Lookup a cell in a list to see if it is in the list
is there a way to check if a certain cell value is in a list of values? I need to return a logical TRUE/FALSE. Ie. TRUE if it is in the list and FALSE if it is not. I could use a rather large OR function but would prefer a simpler method. I was trying to use MATCH but I couldnt figure out how to change the #NA to a FALSE value. Any suggestions would be appreciated. -- quimrider ------------------------------------------------------------------------ quimrider's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29009 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...

Cell Inset?
Is there a way to set a cell inset (space between text and cell border)? I would think it would be simple but I can't find it anywhere. -- davewill ------------------------------------------------------------------------ davewill's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26450 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=397192 I'm guessing that you mean indenting from the left edge of the cell. If so then go to Format>Cell>Alignment Under "Horizontal" choose "Left (Indent)" Now specify the amo...

I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows the part number and the total parts failed for that record. I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12 months. So I would see the following: Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past 12 months 44444 | x | 4 | 1/2/08 | 200 44445 | Y |1 ...

Special format for feet
Many html tables list height as x-yy where x is feet and yy is inches. Excel imports this as a date. In looking at cell number formats there is no option to display either a feet-inches 'number' or an inches number as x-yy. (I will write up a separate item about Excel importing the feet and inches as dates.) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggesti...

Automatic filling of cells within a certain date range
Can someone please help, I have been stuck on this for the past two days... Column 'AB' has 'Start Date' and column 'AD' has 'Finish date' Row 19, cells 'AI' to 'DW' have the months written as 'J' 'F' 'M' 'A' etc.....from 2008 to 2015. I want to be able to enter a 'start date' in column 'AB' i.e. 1 January 2008 and a 'Finish date' in column 'AD' i.e. 1 April 2015. Then i would like the cells 'J - A' on row 19 to be filled with '1' in each month.... I...

Cells stay highlighted, cannot use mouse
When I click on a cell in excel, that cell shows as clicked on, but when I move the mouse all surrounding cells become highlighted as well. So I cannot input anything anywhere, as moving the mouse around just keeps highlighting cells. And I cannot shut excel down as trying to move the mouse to a menu bar keeps highlighting cells in the worksheet. The only way to get out of excel is to End Task. I have come across this problem before, but I don't know how I inadvertently activate it, and to stop it was some combined of Ctrl-Enter but I can't remember what. Hopefully someone will un...

Data entry & Formula in same cell
Is it possible to have a value entered into the same cell that the formula resides. For example... in cell A1 you enter 1 (for 1 foot)and this same cell calulates how many inches (A1 equals 12) One addition question is there a way to have a cell round up to the nearest even number? Thank you so much for your help. Hi Bridge 1. without VBA code it is not possible to enter a value and a formula at the same time into one cell. 2. If you number is stored in A1 use the formula =EVEN(A1) HTH Frank Bridge wrote: > Is it possible to have a value entered into the same cell > that the for...

chart data from same cell on multiple sheets
how can i chart data from the same cell on multiple sheets? when i enter sheet1:sheet5!a5 i get a invalid reference error. The values for a chartseries must all come from a single chart. You need to create a summary range on a worksheet to hold the values. This page has a few hints: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ drhamann wrote: > how can i chart data from the same cell on multiple sheets? when i enter >...

=SUM Ranges Do Not Update
I have a Excel 2000 spread sheet, with the following macro to insert new row. Sub InsertRow() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 4/27/2004 ' 'GoTo label, MyString ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.Goto Reference:="MyCell" ActiveCell.Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Insert ActiveCell.Offset(-1, 0).Select ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveCell.Select ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True Scenarios:=True End Sub The problem is that in the "Mycell&qu...

Drop down values relating to cells in next worksheet
Here goes, hope this makes sense! I have a worksheet that contains a questionnaire, which is filled in by choosing the reply from the drop down (Data/Validation) box, e.g. 'Strongly Agree', 'Disagree' etc. I need to be able to make these choices relate to my scoresheet in the next worksheet, so that when 'Strongly disagree' is chosen, a score of 10 is transferred to the related cell in the scoresheet. There are 4 choices - strongly disagree = 10, disagree = 9, agree = 1, strongly agree = 0. I haven't a clue how to do this, hope someone can help! Hi use v...

Sum value between dates problem driving me mad!
Good Evening All, I am really struggling here, have tried, nested IF's including AND's but am a bit stumped. I am fairly familiar with Arrays, but cannot seem to combine all. I have a data table (as detailed below). (Hopefully, this should be 'pastable' into Excel - it works for me) I simply wish to calculate the expected totals per month. Any help & assistance with this would be most welcome. Cheers, Mathew Note, earliest Start is 01/04/03 Start Finish Day Rate Apr-2003 May-2003 Jun-2003 Jul-2003 Aug-2003 01/04/2003 23.00 01/04/2003 09/07/2003 23.00 ...