Subtotals #12

I have a spreadsheet and have used the subtotal (Data --> Subtotals).  I have
chosen to subtotal dollar amount for a particular vendor number, however the
names of the vendors does not appear then.  How can I get the name of the
vendor to appear as well?

Thanks,
0
TJAC (7)

Instead of subtotals, you could use a pivot table to summarize the data.
Jon Peltier has instructions and links on his web site:

   http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm

Add Vendor number and Vendor name to the row area, and put the dollar
field into the data area, where it will become Sum of Dollars.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Date format #12
Hi Is there any way to add "st" or "nd"or "th" with the dat automatically. For eg. if I enter a date 31-12-04 , I want it to be displayed as 31s Dec 2004. or if I enter 30-09-04 it should show as 30th Sep 2004. Appreciate your help Tom -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com "SMILE >" <<SMILE.16dz02@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote... >Is there any way to add "st" or "nd"or "th" with the date >automatically. >For eg. if I enter a date 31-12-04 , I want it to be displayed as >31st Dec 2004. o...

Subtotals by page
Is there any way of getting excel to generate subtotals by page? these should update automatically when pagination changes. ...

Conditional Formating #12
How can I set conditional formating to highlight a date a specified number of days older than today's date (e.g. a training date more than 2 years old)? I've done this using two columns but would like to use only the column containing the actual training date. With dates in col. A and the # of days to use in F1, select col. A, go to Format > Conditional Formatting, choose "Formula Is" and put: =$A1<TODAY()-$F$1 Click the Format radio button and format as desired. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >How can I set conditional formating to h...

Filter Subtotal
Is it possible to filter out a subtotal row? If I have a matrix as follows, is there a way to remove the Subtotal3 row/line? Total Labor 75.00 Overhead 50.00 Subtotal1 125.00 Training 50.00 Travel 50.00 Subtotal2 100.00 G&A 75.00 Subtotal3 75.00 <<---remove? Total All 300.00 Hopefully this came out right, sorry if it did not. Is there a way to attach an image? You can do the row visibiliy to false, You need to have an appropriate expression set he...

Distribution Lists #12
I'd like to collect email addresses from a website and add them into a distribution list. How can I do this? Can you point me to some documentation that would tell me how? Regards, Z You mean collect email addresses from visitors to a web site? Perhaps create a form that submits their name and email address (maybe to a backend database first if you don't want to let a web page create objects in AD), get that info from the form submission (or database) and create a contact in AD - perhaps in a separate/special OU for such accounts, have a script add the Contact to your DL. (...

Subtotals?
On the Account List page I wish there were sub-totals under Favorite Accounts and Other Accounts. Anyone know of a setting or hack to do this? Future functionality? ...

Userform question 12-24-09
Can anybody explain the differences between showing/loading a userform along with hiding/unloading a userform?? I'm guessing that a "load" will create the form in memory but it remains non-visible?? Does that mean that a call of "Userform1.Show" loads it in memory AND makes it visible?? Show : Calls the userform initialize function the first time and not afterwards and displays the userform Load : Is the same as show but doesn't display the userform. Hide : Exits the userform and keeps it in memory so the next time it is Show/Load is perfor...

Case creation 12-07-04
Hello, I just finished to setup my CRM server and clients, for testing purpose. Mail system is ok, try to play with the workflow manager, all seems to be ok. Now i'm currently setting up case system. I successfully create cases on the CRM server. The rules I create in the workflow are working, i get emails on events "case open" and "close". But I've created this case from the CRM web interface. How can my customers open cases with a simple mail ? I've created a queue, but how can I associate it with a case creation ? Thanks for your help, Fabrice. ...

passwords #12
Every time I open outlook 2002 one screen appears asking me to type the password. So I went to option and I click on remember password, but it nevers remembs it. Then when I opoen it again it always ask me for the password and when I go to option sep up account the password is not there, it has been cleared and the click still is "on" remember password. What can I do Lorena I have had the same problem. I have looked at other posts. Have you tired changing the registry? Did you recently reinstall Windows XP? These seem to have something to do with the problem. >-----Origin...

SFO Offline Issue 12-15-04
Dear All, My SFO problem is i can offline and replication successfully but when it fails when i click any CRM function. From Event viewer it shows the following error. Any idea? MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044106. Error Message: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044106. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError...

subtotal, match?
Morning all. I need to do a name check to match with a subtotal function. Is that possible? I was thinking that subtotal(Func_Num,match(....)) might handle it, but I don't see anything that'd allow for that in the list of function numbers for subtotal. My goal is to perform a subtotal type operation, to compare names in a field range from one worksheet to another. I'm already performing a subtotal operation on one field, and wanted to do an if test on the names that show up with each operation. With the false response, I'll then be changing the name eleme...

Excel subtotal
I have a large file with a layout (main area only) as follows: Name Expense ............. Brown, John $100 Brown, John $150 Brown, John $200 Doe, Jane $110 Brown, Jane $130 Brown, Jane $210 .. .. .. I need to subtotal each person's expense (names may be different each period I do this)and copy/export the expense items and subtotals for each person to a separate worksheet to be emailed to them. There may be 30 names and 2000 lines of data. Is there a way to autonomate this process (rather than subtalling then copying each person's items to a new worksh...

Upsizing Wizard 11-12-05
All, I have created an ODBC entry that links to a new SQL Server Express 2005 file database (mdf) file. I have tested the connection via the ODBC tools in Windows XP and it says everything is fine. When I attempt to utilize the Upsizing Wizard in MS Access V2003, I say use an existing database and select the existing File Data Source DSN file as the data source. When I do this, I receive the following error message: Reserver Error (-1038); there is no message for this error. Does anyone have an idea why I might be getting this? Thanks George Hi George, Welcome to use MSDN Manage...

Subtotaling a subtotaled spreadsheet
In excel before the 2003 edition I could subtotal a spreadsheet then subtotal again by a different column. It does not work now. All of the items are subtotaled but not in correct order. For example some of the totals calculate above the information not below. Please help! Hi Alane i use this feature extensively and have found no difference in its behaviour between any of the versions, however it is important that the data is sorted in the same categories and order that it is to be subtotalled, e.g. i have a worksheet that has region, state, department information on it and i want t...

OWA question #12
i recently changed my domain name, example: from homedomain.com to workdomain.com. I have an exchange server with OWA enabled, i used to log in to OWA by typing the following https://homedomain.com/exchange. When I changed my domain i figured i would just logon to my OWA by typing https://workdomain.com. However this is not working, I have made sure that the new domain name points to the correct boxes, firewall shows that a request is coming in on port 443 and being sent to the correct internal host. My smtp virtual server is mapped to the correct ip, but still have not been able to lo...

Conversion from Quattro Pro 12 to Excel
How can I convert files from Quattro Pro 12 (issued 2004) to Exel Studend & Home 2007? Everything I have found deals only with earlier Quattro versions and Excel 2003. I can creat a readable, but not workable file in Excel. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Screen.MousePointer = hand in VB 6.0 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/16e5eb76-3f70-42c1-89b6-8610d3712835/screenmousepointer--han.aspx This is what Corel has to say: Need to open a file? Have a Corel file that you need to access? Download a free 30-day trial of the Corel prog...

Convert Text to Date 02-12-10
I have a text field with date like data in it but its text data. THe field [End_date] looks like 31Dec2009 - how can i reformat that so its a recognized date field that I can do calculations on? Ulitmately, I'd like the field to be 12/31/2009. Assistance is greatly appreciated. Not a VB expert so doing it in a query would work better for me. Thanks in advance!! Jeff -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 03:15:57 GMT, jfredel via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I have a text field with date like data in it but its text data. THe fiel...

removing subtotals
Sometimes when I add subtotals and then remove them the sheet still has the subtotal 1,2 columns on the left side of the sheet. How can I remove them. gls858 First, make sure you select the entire range (or whole worksheet) that has the subtotals. In face, I'd select all the cells and try removing them once more. But in xl2003, you can hide those outlining symbols via: tools|options|view Tab|uncheck Outline Symbols. gls858 wrote: > > Sometimes when I add subtotals and then remove them the sheet still has > the subtotal 1,2 columns on the left side of the sheet. > How can...

Business Portal #12
Why busineed portal is slow?, i need to use it but it delay like 5 minutes to complete a query, i try to updgrade my server but the time is the same -- Joshua Cuevas Agencias J.I. COHEN Guatemala ...

Media Sharing 12-07-09
I am trying to move the current media from my Windows XP driven PC to my PS3 wirelessly on the same wireless network. The Windows Media 11 recognizes the PS3 device, but would not permit me to "Allow" the PS3 to media share. Can someone help??? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 19:13:01 -0800, Kenny <Kenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to move the current media from my Windows XP driven PC to my PS3 >wirelessly on the same wireless network. The Windows Media 11 recognizes the >PS3 device, but would not p...

e mail addresses 12-14-09
is there a way in outlook 2007 other than individually going to each received e mail, to extract e mail addresses from active .pst folders and put them into a contact folder. there seem to be several programs available to do this and if it cannot be done internally does anyone have any suggestions regarding such software? Any reason you can't export them from one PST file to another? What you want to do is not clear. -- Russ Valentine "Alaskaman" <Alaskaman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C21415FE-35C6-4B4F-8702-4A8D6471D328@microsoft.com....

Project resource hours subtotals
We have a program of linked projects that use an enterprise resource pool (Project and Server 2003). In Project's Resource Usage view, hours for all project work (not only these linked projects but any project that the resource has been assigned to) is totalled by resource. The resource shows 20,000 total hours but only has 50 hours of work on this particular plan. We are looking for a way to easily segregate these hours by project. We are currently accomplishing this by adding a Project column and then deleting any line item not associated with the project in question. This...

subtotals
Hi, I'm working with Excel 2003. When doing a subtotal, frequently I do not get the options to expand or contract the totals. These are the three boxes in the upper left hand part of the sheet. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. Any ideas? thx/Jerry I've never seen xl fail to put those outlining symbols in, but maybe you could try this: Tools|Options|View Tab|make sure "Outline Symbols" is checked. Jerry wrote: > > Hi, I'm working with Excel 2003. When doing a subtotal, frequently I do not > get the options to expand or contract the totals...

Cannot open Outlook 03-12-10
Windows Vista Home Premium, all updates applied. When one attempts to open Outlook, it fails. The message reads: "...Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Personal Folders(1).pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information about the Inbox repair tool see Help..." Any ideas welcomed. "Ch...

formula #12
why is a formula staying as a formula after I hit enter? Perhaps the cell has the Text number format. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...