subtotal copy and paste

Hi

I have used the subtotal option in Excel and this is fine. I have also
collasped the list so only the subtotal for each category is visible. However
I want to copy and paste this list (just the subtotal) into another sheet

When I do this it expands and shows all the results. Is it possible to just
copy the visible bit. I have looked in paste special but no luck

Cheers Hager

On Jan 21, 6:38=A0am, Hager <Ha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have used the subtotal option in Excel and this is fine. I have also
> collasped the list so only the subtotal for each category is visible. How=
ever
> I want to copy and paste this list (just the subtotal) into another sheet
>
> When I do this it expands and shows all the results. Is it possible to ju=
st
> copy the visible bit. I have looked in paste special but no luck
>
> Cheers Hager

Copy the subtotal result then paste special (values) in a other sheet.
Then filter the list to : Does not Contian "total" and delete all
those rows. Only what you need should be left over. You can then find
& replace " Total" for "".

That will do the tirck.
0
Yanick
1/21/2010 11:49:08 AM
After you hide the rows you don't want to see, hit F5 (or ctrl-g) or Edit|Goto
(in xl2003 menus).

Then select the range you want to copy (including both the hidden and visible
rows).

Then click the Special button
choose Visible cells only.

Copy those visible cells and paste (paste special|values???) to the new
location.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Thanks for this and for the record both methods worked

Hager

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> After you hide the rows you don't want to see, hit F5 (or ctrl-g) or Edit|Goto
> (in xl2003 menus).
>
> Then select the range you want to copy (including both the hidden and visible
> rows).
>
> Then click the Special button
> choose Visible cells only.
>
> Copy those visible cells and paste (paste special|values???) to the new
> location.
>
> Hager wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I have used the subtotal option in Excel and this is fine. I have also
> > collasped the list so only the subtotal for each category is visible. However
> > I want to copy and paste this list (just the subtotal) into another sheet
> >
> > When I do this it expands and shows all the results. Is it possible to just
> > copy the visible bit. I have looked in paste special but no luck
> >
> > Cheers Hager
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> .

Formula Copying
I am trying to copy a formula down a column. It references cells in another tab of the worksheet. For example: ='Only Change This Sheet'!B$2+'Only Change This Sheet'!B$6+'Only Change This Sheet'!B$11+'Only Change This Sheet'!B$20+'Only Change This Sheet'!B$27 I want the next cell below this one to Change to: ='Only Change This Sheet'!C$2+'Only Change This Sheet'!C$6+'Only Change This Sheet'!C$11+'Only Change This Sheet'!C$20+'Only Change This Sheet'!C$27 The column labels do not change. I ...

Excel 2007
By way of background, there are multiple charts on a page, with a separate header which is a picture. The charts have no borders and 'float' on a grid which is the same colour as the chart area. The grid has borders round groups of cells and these form the borders for the charts. (This makes it easy to line up charts - otherwise a very frustrating business. It also makes it easy to resize all charts at once by selecting all rows or all columns and adjusting them all together, eg to fit to a page.) I select the underlying grid, together with the charts on top and the picture header - th...

Subtotals by page
Is there any way of getting excel to generate subtotals by page? these should update automatically when pagination changes. ...

Filter Subtotal
Is it possible to filter out a subtotal row? If I have a matrix as follows, is there a way to remove the Subtotal3 row/line? Total Labor 75.00 Overhead 50.00 Subtotal1 125.00 Training 50.00 Travel 50.00 Subtotal2 100.00 G&A 75.00 Subtotal3 75.00 <<---remove? Total All 300.00 Hopefully this came out right, sorry if it did not. Is there a way to attach an image? You can do the row visibiliy to false, You need to have an appropriate expression set he...

Copy complete page
Hi, I'd like to copy complete pages, inclusive all page settings, within a Visio file. Same (copy (or move) complete pages, inclusive ...) from one drawing to another. Go ... or no go? What is the command? -- Mvg, Frans check this out, http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/ al "F.H. van Zelm" <fhvzelm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%239MRHktSHHA.412@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'd like to copy complete pages, inclusive all page settings, within a > Visio file. > > Same (copy (or move) complete pages, inclusive ...) from one ...

Cannot Insert nor copy & Paste Word 2007 document into Pub. 2007
I have never been able to insert a Word document into Publisher. Always get the "Not enough memory to convert to text formatting. Windows is low on memory." Have been using COPY & PASTE. Today, even that doesn't work. COPY & PASTE only pastes a blank text box. HELP! I have a newsletter to get out. Create a text box in Publisher, right-click the box, click change text, Click text file, browse to the Word document. Publisher will automatically create over flow text boxes and pages. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "zoey621" <zoey621@discuss...

Access 2007 FORM Copy
How do you copy a FORM from one table to another table (identically structured) in the same ACCESS 2007 database? The copies I'm making now stay associated with the original database and I don't see how to make them relate to the second table. Thanks. Dennis, You seem to mix up the things a little. Do you make a copy of a form in the same database and want it to be connected to table two? In that case change the recordsource of the form in designview and set it to the second table. If you have to do this in another database the technique is basicly the same... -- Maurice Aus...

Copy / paste range as a picture and save the cell borders!
Hi, I do prepare some formatted tables with Excel that are afterward copied and pasted as a picture into PowerPoint. The trouble is tha once I do this my right and down border forrmating of copied range i lost! Simply saying I have a blue border round the whole cell in Excel and just a half of it (top and left) after pasting into PowerPoint. I'd be grateful for any suggestions how to deal with it :) Thanks a lot, Mik ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~...

Subtotals?
On the Account List page I wish there were sub-totals under Favorite Accounts and Other Accounts. Anyone know of a setting or hack to do this? Future functionality? ...

how can i copy formula?
hi, please help! my problem was i create a formula that gets the total sum from another workbook. i want to copy the formula and past to another cell but the only thing must change is the name of the workbook. example. i want to paste the formula of A1 to B1 and so on which autoamtically link to another workbook. Workbook1. sheet1 A1=sum of workbook2 B1=sum of workbook3 C1=sum of workbook4 Hi Into A1 enter the formula like ="_=SUM('C:\My Documents\[Workbook" & COLUMN()+1 & ".xls]Sheet1'!A1:A100)" Copy the formula to right. Select all formulas, copy ...

Copy Axis Format
In Excel 2003 I could use the F4 key to copy changes to the axis to multiple graphs within a workbook. It disappeared in 2007. There was another post on this, but it does not display. Is that function still available? have you tried CTRL-Y ? -- isabelle Le 2012-04-03 08:57, M B Marcus a �crit : > In Excel 2003 I could use the F4 key to copy changes to the axis to multiple graphs within a workbook. It disappeared in 2007. There was another post on this, but it does not display. Is that function still available? > > ...

Cost-effective copying
Hello, I run a copy routine on the daily basis, involving hundreds of Excel files over many hours (one file gets opened, a corresponding files opened, cells copied, save and close, next). The macro contains the following lines: With Workbooks.Open(nam_1) .Worksheets(1).Cells.Copy Destination:= _ fil.Worksheets(myVal).Cells .Close End With Do you think I would be able to speed up the whole process if I do not copy Cells (whole sheets), but UsedRange? Or Range("A1:Z" &...

Items past due report for Sales Orders
We are currently using D-GP v9.0 and I need to know if there is a report that I can create via SmartList (or other method) that will tell me which line items on an order are NOT going to be here in time based on the Purchase Order's Promised Ship date vs the Sales Orders Requested Ship Date for that exact line item? Would we need the SmartList Builder module to make this work? We are not currently using the Manufacturing Module either - is that another module that would make this report available? Thank you ...

subtotal, match?
Morning all. I need to do a name check to match with a subtotal function. Is that possible? I was thinking that subtotal(Func_Num,match(....)) might handle it, but I don't see anything that'd allow for that in the list of function numbers for subtotal. My goal is to perform a subtotal type operation, to compare names in a field range from one worksheet to another. I'm already performing a subtotal operation on one field, and wanted to do an if test on the names that show up with each operation. With the false response, I'll then be changing the name eleme...

Copy Posted Sales Invoice
Sometimes I have Sales Invoices for labor that I need to void and then recreate with corrected hours. Is there a way to "copy" a Sales Invoice that has already been posted so that I don't have to re-enter all of the line items again? Thanks Jason Dynamics GP 10 Yes. Open the Sales Transaction Entry window, enter the next document number, the customer and the currency ID, then select Actions>Copy. Select the invoice you want to copy and the options. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get you...

insert copied cells
Using Excel 03/WinXP. I need to paste a copied range of cells multiple times onto different worksheets. After selecting the range and doing a copy, I use the option Insert, Copied cells. However, when clicking on the Insert menu again, the Copied cells option is no longer available - only Cells is listed. Is there a way to be able to use the Insert, copied cells multiple times without having to recopy the range? -- maryj Hi maryj- Are you doing the Insert because you actually need to make room within existing data to paste the new stuff? If not, just use the normal paste command and ...

Copying contact info
I frequently need to put other people's email info in the body of a text message (email or Word or Excel documents). In OE, it was a simple matter of going to Addresses, selecting (clicking) the contact, copying with Ctrl-C, and then going to the other document and doing a Ctrl-V to paste it into the document. Simple. I have been unable to do that with WLM. It takes many more steps to complete the task. Not at all simple. Anyone know of a shortcut? Tom click on Contacts, select a contact, Right-click on the email address in the preview pane (View - List with ...

copy and pasting dynamic charts
Question Subject: copy and pasting dynamic charts 11/10/2004 8:48 AM PST By: Cal@tech-etch In: microsoft.public.excel.charting Was this post helpful to you? Is it possible to copy and paste a dynamic chart to reflect a differant data range without having to difine names to reflect the new data series? Cal Hi Cal just to clarify your question, you have an emedded chart on sheet 1 which takes it data from A1:D10 on that sheet .. now you want to copy & paste the chart to sheet2 and have it take its data from sheet2!A1:D10 ... is this what you're a...

Excel subtotal
I have a large file with a layout (main area only) as follows: Name Expense ............. Brown, John $100 Brown, John $150 Brown, John $200 Doe, Jane $110 Brown, Jane $130 Brown, Jane $210 .. .. .. I need to subtotal each person's expense (names may be different each period I do this)and copy/export the expense items and subtotals for each person to a separate worksheet to be emailed to them. There may be 30 names and 2000 lines of data. Is there a way to autonomate this process (rather than subtalling then copying each person's items to a new worksh...

copy data from master sheet
my sheet1 is master sheet where data related to all continent is entered. e.g. A B C D ....... 1 America US Big 1 2 Europe Britain Big 3 3 America Canadan Medium 7 i want my sheet2 to get all information if column A contains america. (i.e. row 1 & row 3 data) ...i.e. sheet 2 is america specific sheet.. similarly sheet3 to get all data if Column A contains Europe (i.e. row 2 data). It should update automatically whenever i enter data in master sheet. i dont want to u...

Subtotaling a subtotaled spreadsheet
In excel before the 2003 edition I could subtotal a spreadsheet then subtotal again by a different column. It does not work now. All of the items are subtotaled but not in correct order. For example some of the totals calculate above the information not below. Please help! Hi Alane i use this feature extensively and have found no difference in its behaviour between any of the versions, however it is important that the data is sorted in the same categories and order that it is to be subtotalled, e.g. i have a worksheet that has region, state, department information on it and i want t...

Auto copy data from 1 sheet into another
Is this possible? I have a spreadsheet with over 30 worksheets in it. Each sheet is individualized with names and personal information in it. I have a summary worksheet that lists everyone's name and a running total of numeric values. I need a new worksheet that I can use to type names into a list. As I type in the person's name, can excel pull the running total value from the summary sheet? Example: Name Number John Doe 8 (value from summary worksheet cell:B7) Jane Doe 36 "" "" cell:B8 M...

Selecting & copying a named range through a listbox
When i click on a button i want a listbox to pop up. In this listbox there has to appear a list with named ranges. The named range which is selected in this listbox has to be copied Can somenone give me some code for this. That's it ! Thanxxx, Luc Since your post is kinda vague I will have to ask some questions and makes some assumptions. 1.) Are you wanting to select multiple ranges to be copied from a listbox or select a single range to be copied from a combobox? 2.) Where do you want the range copied to? Another worksheet, workbook, somewhere else withi...

Having trouble with copies (being treated as embedded objects)
I have a system with Windows XP Professional installed. I recently installed an old version of Microsoft Office 2000 Premium and have developed a problem. I noticed that sporadically and for long periods of time I could not copy cells in Excel as I would get strange error messages. I downloaded an open source spreadsheet and then realized the same problemwas sporadically happening to that program thus indicating a possible Windows XP problem. I have now discovered that simple copies of cells within the spreadsheets are being copied as embedded objects instead of the straight-forw...

removing subtotals
Sometimes when I add subtotals and then remove them the sheet still has the subtotal 1,2 columns on the left side of the sheet. How can I remove them. gls858 First, make sure you select the entire range (or whole worksheet) that has the subtotals. In face, I'd select all the cells and try removing them once more. But in xl2003, you can hide those outlining symbols via: tools|options|view Tab|uncheck Outline Symbols. gls858 wrote: > > Sometimes when I add subtotals and then remove them the sheet still has > the subtotal 1,2 columns on the left side of the sheet. > How can...