Sub-Totals Question

Using the sub-totals feature in Excel the category being subtotaled is
highlighted in bold but the subtotals themselves are not highlighted.  Is
there a way to format these items either using excel "as is" or with some
simple code?

Thanks,

Andrew.

Use the outlining symbols to the left to show just what you want to format (hide
those details).

Now select the range to format
edit|goto|special|visible cells only
and format the way you like.

You could record a macro if you want the code.

--

Dave Peterson
0
> Use the outlining symbols to the left to show just what you want to format
(hide
> those details).
>
> Now select the range to format
> edit|goto|special|visible cells only
> and format the way you like.
>
> You could record a macro if you want the code.
>
> Andrew Mackenzie wrote:
> >
> > Using the sub-totals feature in Excel the category being subtotaled is
> > highlighted in bold but the subtotals themselves are not highlighted.
Is
> > there a way to format these items either using excel "as is" or with
some
> > simple code?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Andrew.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

A counting question
Hi, I was wondering if is is possible to count a set of numbers using more than 1 agruement. I am trying to count a set of numbers as long as those numbers are not zero and the column is a day of the week. An example would be: 0.91 1.07 1.07 0.86 0.9 0.97 1.01 1.02 0 0.91 I would like to count all the number is are in the Monday column and are greater than zero. Any help anyone can give be will be apperciated. -- sjackson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sjackson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1805...

question in crm users
hi, we are a service-oriented org and we have delivery boys who needs to be managed in a system. we are looking into CRM and I would like to ask if they require licenses in order to be users and manage as resource group in MSCRM. Hi Benjamin, users with restricted mode access cannot logon into CRM and do not consume CRM license however they are available in resource scheduling. We use this "trick" (which is by design, I believe) quite often to schedule human resources who do not need to be users of CRM. I think this is exactly what you're after. Hope it helps -- Geor...

Duplicating MainForm, SubForm and Sub-SubForm
Hello Everyone, I have an Order Entry Form composed of a MainForm, a SubForm and 2 Sub- Subforms. The SubForm is a continuous form. The two Sub-SubForms are children of a SubForm via a foreign key (which is the Primary Key of a SubForm). There are some instances when customers revised their order by changing just the amount of orders or by just removing one item and the rest are the same. To do this, I would like to keep the initial order (record) and create another record by duplicating the first order then change the amount (or remove an item whatever the case maybe) on the new record. The...

sum total hours and minutes
ok I have read all the questions and answers and I still can't get my program to work: here is what I do: July Event StartTime End Time 8 Purchase cat food / diet pepsi / rug cleaner 1:30 PM 2:15 PM 00:45 15 Pay house gas and phone bills 10:00 AM 10:30 AM 00:30 the format I use for start time is: TIME 1:30PM the format I use for end time: TIME 2:15PM the last column formula is: =TEXT(D4-C4,"hh:mm"...

Running Total 11-23-09
Hi, I would like to be able to have a running total for the month. date sales 10/11/2009 100 11/11/2009 50 12/11/2009 10 therefor the total as of 12/12009 will be 160 and run until the end of the month and then to start from zero and begin running the total again. thanks for your help M >>therefor the total as of 12/12009 will be 160 - I believe you mean 12/1/2009. Your words do not match the math -- Your words say to start over at the begining of each month so on 12/1/2009 ...

Outlook 2000 Sub folder
Hi I am using outlook 2000 and I have a created a subfolder in my inbox however I am unable to view the folder My Shortcuts on the left hand side of the screen where all my other sub folders are located. In the navigation bar at the top of my pane there is an icon called "move to Folder" and the folder is located here. I am unable to find the location of the folder therefore unable to open the folder or move it to "My shortcuts" I am in need of your expertise. I am ok with computers and can follow instructions so please please please help. Thanking you in ...

Excel calculation question
Is there a way to see what calculations are causing excel to slow down? My workbook is noticably hanging at 7% and agin briefly at 42. Adam, I have to admit that I'm overwhelmed by your file! What you are doing is somewhat complicated to start off with but I think you are making it more complicated than it needs to be. Look how big the file is! There are a lot of things that can be improved but I don't know where to start! I'll get back to you tomorrow with some specific suggestions. Most of the formulas can be greatly reduced in size and "complexity". That&#...

Money 2000 and Euro wrong total
Hi evereybody I use Money 2000 Pro (vers. 8.0) and my primary currency since 2002 is Euro (I live in Italia, Eu) I have a problem since I changed for the former currency (italian lira) to actual currency (Euro)... (My older bills were in Lira so I've changed them manually to converse in Euros.) I made changes on my multiple bills to join new currency and it works fine (Now I've 2 bills [1999-2006] in Euro) but... When I see to the main page with both bills summary the total of money is wrong. For example: Bill 1 : 1000,00 Euro Bill 2 : 2000,00 Euro SubTotal (Sum of Bill 1 + Bill 2...

quick keyboard question
hey all, i am trying to get the hotykeys to work on a new keyboard - a m/s digital media 3000. i have it configured but read somewhere that to try another port, which i did to no avail, & this is their next suggestion: "Method 2: Disable or uninstall any previously installed keyboard softwareDisable any other keyboard control software installed on this computer and then try reassigning the keys. " before i do anything, i wanted to check first. i don't know where to disable or remove the keyboard control software. is it thru device manager, right click o...

.pst question, why does a .pst limit to 2gig
from reading on the board, the pst stops working well after the 2G limit , why is this and am I understanding this correcttly??? what do you do if you have tons of info??? On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 22:26:24 -0700, "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote: >from reading on the board, the pst stops working well after the 2G limit , >why is this and am I understanding this correcttly??? what do you do if you >have tons of info??? > Actually, many people have experienced difficulties when their .pst files get to about the 1.2GB size. As to why, it is just a limitation of the way ...

What are the formula for calculating ROI all dates (Total return all dates)
From http://money.mvps.org/articles/portfolio_columns.aspx, it says that dividends should be included in calculation of ROI all dates(Total return all dates) So the formula for ROI should be ((market price - purchase price)+ dividend) / purchase price. Is this correct? However, what I am seeing is that ROI all dates is calculated as (market price - purchase price)/purchase price. Is there any other parameter that includes dividends also In microsoft.public.money, rvsw@hotmail.com wrote: > From http://money.mvps.org/articles/portfolio_columns.aspx, it says >that dividends should be i...

sub-process
What is the sub-process function in the workflow? How do you set one up? Why would you use it? A sub-process is a way to call a manual rule. If you create a manual rule in workflow called Rule A, in another rule you can insert a sub-process and select the manual rule to run. This is a helpful way to create loops and if/then rules that trigger other events. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "David M" wrote: > What is the sub-process function in the workflow? > How do you set one up? > Why would you use it? > ...

Growing Total using Autofilter in Excel?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet i am working on in Excel 2002. I have a ton of data which i am sorting to date using AutoFilter, which is working fine. when the data is not filtered i have a rolling total which adds up the whole thing like this. a b 1 100 100 2 100 200 3 150 350 but when i use the filter i see the larger totals in the list (which i understand) What i want is the same thing in a new column, but for only the current data from the view. example a b ~ 7 150 150 8 100 250 9 200 450 I have tried using sum and subtotal but it doesnt allow + example: =sum(b7+a8) and =subtotal(9,b7+a8...

Global Catalog question
Hi, I am from Spain, excuse my Inglish I have one 2003 domain with 3 DC, all DC are Windows Server 2003 SP2 Its necesary set all DC as GC ? What happened if only one DC is GC ? What happened if i set one DC as GC and this DC crash? Thanks for all and excuse again my bad Inglish, ZIDAC Hello ZIDAC, Some services like Exchange rely on a GC for example, otherwise email services wan't work. Also a GC is needed if you use universal groups as the GC is queried for them. See here about more details about: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc728188(WS.10)....

Sub, Private Sub, Public Sub
I got a different lap top and when I moved my Personal.xls from one to the other some of my macros were not on the list of macros when you go to tools>macros. Although when I look in the code they are there. I figured out that the ones that were "Private Sub" macros were no working. I also figured that when I changed them to just "Sub" they worked. I do know that if "It aint broke don't fix it, cus to try is usually to fix it till it is broke." But what is the difference between "Sub", "Private Sub", & "Public ...

simple question #2
I need to know how to save an XP document so that it can be used by windows 98. Thank you for the help. xp and windows 98 are operating systems. They are not versions of excel. Please re-state your question. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Pat" <patrobinson@revealed.net> wrote in message news:05e801c3d716$7c126ae0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I need to know how to save an XP document so that it can > be used by windows 98. Thank you for the help. Pat I assume you are speaking of an Excel XP file(*.xls) Just save it as an Excel workbook file. Versio...

Licensing Question #3
My company purchased CRM Dynamics using the spread-payment method for licensing. It's about time for our final payment and it doesn't appear as though we are going to get authorization to make it. In y'all's collective experience, what REAL consequences can we expect from Microsoft as it relates to our failure to make this third payment (outside of our ability to access the Customersource webiste, call for technical assistance and get upgrades)? ...

Physical inventory question #3
I have a customer that is looking at an inventory last month and in the Summary box it shows what quantities and values were expected, however, when I click Print and export the data to CSV, the expected totals do not match what is in the summary box. Any ideas? Is there a way to subtotal the Active report when printed to screen? Thanks in advance. Phil Try the 2nd icon "select columns to group" on the top of the report. You can subtotal them by what column you choose to group them by. "Phil V" wrote: > I have a customer that is looking at an inventory last...

Need help on OU question
Windows 2003 Domain Controller Standard Ed SP2 Installed SQL 2005 SP3 The installed Sharepoint 3 sp2 During install it created a sharepoint OU But now I can not find it any where My question is how do I display the OU that are on my server I seem to be brain dead and cannot find them anywhere Using AD sites and Services AD Users and Computers AD Directory Domains and Trusts Not sure where else to look Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly apprciated Thanks Tom Hello Thomas, Any chance that you removed the Advanced view option in AD UC? ...

Sum-Product-Question
This formula works: =SUMPRODUCT(--($C$17:$C$200<>"")*--($K$17:$K$200="bjh")) It returns an answer of 8, which is correct. But I need to drag this down for fifty columns. If I do that I'll have to change the part where I have "bjh" for all fifty rows. Can I somehow insert the cell it is referring to instead--O17 and then just drag it down? Obviously it didn't work when I tried it, but it must be a formatting problem. Appreciate this newsgroup try replacing your * with a , -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@aus...

Question
I have fund many names that are not in my address book, but come up whenever I send a message to someone in it. How do I delete these names? I have tried, but my entire message has been deleted. Any info. You can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joan Tunick 2nick@cox.net On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:19:32 -0800, Joan Tunick <2nick@cox.net> wrote: >I have fund many names that are not in my address book, but come up whenever >I send a message to someone in it. How do I delete these names? I have >tried, but my entire message has been deleted. Any info. You can give ...

Cascade current view to sub-folders
Hi, Is there any way I can set a custom View setting to a set of folders (e.g. set a view setting for a high-level folder and then have it cascade to all sub-folders)? By a custom View I mean the way that items in a folder shoud look - i.e. font settings and the like. Cheers, Stu ...

(Sub)totals
Hello everybody. I have the following problem: I have an Excel file with Column B 'Quantity' and column F 'Sector'. Now i need to count all the quantities within the same sector Sorting + AutoSum isn't an option, since the file has other calculations in it as well, that also depend on a sort. There's in my Dutch version a function 'DBSUM' and a function 'TURNTABEL.FETCH' ... these are translated terms, so I don't know if they match with English versions ... but could someone please tell me how these functions work, since i can't get them right (n...

Great Plains payroll transaction entry total dollars per employee
When I enter transactions in payroll batches, I would like to see the entry window show me a dollar total (rate x hours) as I'm entering the transactions (per line) and then a dollar total per employee. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mi...

Ranking question
Hello - Each individual has many records that are ranked as follows: Jim 1 Jim 2 Jim 3 George 1 George 2 Bob 1 Bob 2 Bob 3 Bob 4 I need a list returned with each individual's highest ranking e.g. Jim 3 George 2 Bob 4 How do I get to this result? -- Sheldon Select FirstName, Rnk = Max([Rank]) From YourTable group by FirstName "Sheldon" <Sheldon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CF4060C-8E9B-40FF-...