style menu, excel 2007 sp2

Is there any way to turn off the "mini" menu of all the styles?  I really
just want the "conditional formatting" and "format as table" buttons, instead
I have a bunch of additional formatting options.

Thanks.

excel null values
Hi guys, I am writing a program to import data from a excel file using a MS Visual Basic 6.0. I am using "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" as the provider. While I am reading the excel file I am getting null values for some fields which is not null in the excel file. Can any one help me to resolve this please. Thanks, -Aruna ...

Excel charts -retaining subscript in labels from worksheet data
Excel 2007 - Chemical formulae entered in cells using format to show subscript, however normal font shows on formula bar. When copied and pasted elsewhere, or when used in chart subscript characters show as normal font. Help! Hi Polly, Your problem is quite analogous to the repeatedly discussed Chemical Legend. Luckily enough, there are Chemical fonts that include numeral subscripts and superscripts as individual characters. If you apply these specific fonts in the place of your (most frequently used) basic fonts: Arial or Times New Roman, you are able to write down chemical formula...

Email from excel #2
When I go to send my excel file from excel as an attachment the send to screen displays my old contacts from outlook express. I now use outlook and have all new contacts in outlook. How do I set outlook as my default email client from excel. Thanks Hi try chaning the default email client within the Internet Explorer ('Tools - Options - Programs'). After this re- start Excel >-----Original Message----- >When I go to send my excel file from excel as an >attachment the send to screen displays my old contacts >from outlook express. I now use outlook and have all ne...

How do I set up an excel spreadsheet to update every time a user .
For some reason I cannot remember how to do this... I want my spreadsheet to update (retain the changes that other users make) automatically. How do I do this? Help! JM Jennie, are you talking about saving the workbook when it is closed? if so put this in the thisworkbook code, if the user enables macros the file will save all changes before it closes Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.Save End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answer...

How do I format currency field in Excel 2000 w/o 2 extra zeroes?
-- May the Good Lord be with You and His Guiding Light be strong... Format Cells -> Currency -> select decimal places 0?? "slmm" <slmm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:906615CE-244B-4828-9CC8-8050EAF0F8B4@microsoft.com... > > -- > May the Good Lord be with You and His Guiding Light be strong... Thanks Barb. I tried that but then I only have the dollar amount and no decimals and no cents. -- May the Good Lord be with You and His Guiding Light be strong... "Barb Reinhardt" wrote: > Format Cells -> Currency -> select...

Can I add a control to a menu entry?
Hello out there, I want to provide the option to clone GUI elements. I envision a context menu with an entry like Clone - Horizontally - ?How many? - Vertically - ?How many? and in the entry marked as ?How many? above I would like to add a NumericUpDown. Is something like this possible? Best regards Helmut Giese "Helmut Giese" <hgiese@ratiosoft.com> wrote in message news:ebksh5pel5o98dc3jqgpr6dh26necilkq9@4ax.com... > Hello out there, > I want to provide the option to clone GUI elements. I envision a > context menu with an entry like &g...

menu tool bar
my menu tool bar has disappeared - when i click on options it shows as being there but is not there when i am in outlook trying to manipulate my mail - did i do this accidently or is there a problem on my computer? You may have a corrupted outcmd.dat file, which is the file that stores your toolbar customizations. Try renaming or deleting your outcmd.dat file while Outlook is closed. Renaming it might be the best idea if you have a lot of customizations that you'd prefer not to lose; that way if renaming the file doesn't solve your problem, you may be able to restore it later whe...

HELP MENU
When I have the help index opened on the right side of the excel spreadsheet..., it CLOSES when I type onto my spreadsheet. HOW DO I KEEP THE HELP MENU OPENED and NOT MINIMIZED, when I am typing onto my spreadshet??? thanks, flkulchar ...

Excel Macro's
In layman's terms, what is a macro? can you make them for just about anything? and how do you make one? (I get all the way to the part where you click on record macro, then I am dumbfounded). I am not that familiar with macros but I use them for like sorting information or refreshing all pivot tables and stuff like that but once you start recording a macro, it will record every single thing you do like if you copy and paste something it will copy your moves. To stop recording you go to tools, macro, and then stop recording. To use your macro you insert like a button from fo...

Out of Office not on Tools Menu in Outlook 2003
The Out of Office assistant is not available on my Tools menu. I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Pro. The help files trouleshooting guide indicates that if the tool is missing that I can go to Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options > Add-in Manager, then select the Exchange Extensions command. When I select Add-in Manager I have something called "Exchange Extensions property manager" already highlighted. I would appreciate any help on getting this feature to work. Thanks. Make sure you have clicked on your inbox before going to the tools menu. ...

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Scan on Document Imager Office 2007, preview shows, scan doesnt
When I attempt to scan a document in the Document Imager, my scanner shows up, I select it. I click on "preview" and the document can be seen, then, I click on scan....nothing shows up. Help ...

Where to go for Word and Excel?
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something. TIA LAS On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the � news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these � and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant ...

Opening Excel 2007 in Excel 2000
HELP! My new Windows 7 computer came with a trial version of Office 2007. I did not want to buy 2007. When I opened my old Excel files they opened in XL2007 and I was asked to input product key. I did not , but proceeded to update my spreadsheets and saved them as compatible with 97-2003 XL. Now the trial period is over and I cannot modify these files--only view or print. Any new data I download online open automatically in 2007 XL as do any existing spreadsheets I open. How do I get downloads or existing spreadsheets to open in the older version of XL which I have installed o...

Excel 97 crashes ?!?
Hi I'm working with Windows XP and Excel 97. When I enter the menu command "tools -> options" Excel crashes immediately. I tried to solve this problem with the following run-commands, but it fails: ....\EXCEL.EXE" /unregserver ....\EXCEL.EXE" /regserver Any ideas how to get this work? Tom It's possible that a settings entry in your registry has somehow gotten corrupted and it causes Excel a problem when it tries to read it. You can make Excel re-establish its default settings with this procedure: -Make sure Excel is closed. -From Start->Run enter &qu...

How do I create Page 1 of X style page numbers?
I wish to create page numbers that automatically update themselves in this format: Page 1 of X (i.e. a 10 page document would say Page 1 of 10, Page 2 of 10, etc). Can this be done in Publisher automatically? Go to the master page, type *page* before the # and *of 10* after the #. (Without the asterisk) -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paresh" <Paresh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50BEFAA8-6EFD-48DC-ABAC-F117296BF0B1@microsoft.com... >I wish to create page numbers that automa...

To-days date in Header or Footer
Hello, I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the body of a worksheet and wonder if there is a way to use it in the header or footer. Excuse my ignorance .. as you can see I am not a expert in Excel .. some help would be much appreciated. Abay Wed, 2 May 2007 19:18:12 -0700 from Abay <abcd@aol.com>: > Hello, > > I would like to-days date to display in the Header or Footer of a > spreadsheet each time it is printed. I know you can use =TODAY() in the > body of a wo...

2008 Excel Print Preview
I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is specific to my install or it is hidden In article <ee8d6ae.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, done@officeformac.com wrote: > I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is > specific to my install or it is hidden Neither. Since all actual print operations are done via the OS, the separate Print Preview function has been removed from XL08. You can generally use Print Layout view to get an good idea of what the printed page will look. Otherwise, choosing File/Print and clic...

2 Qs re W2007 Styles, AutoCorrect
Q1: How do I delete styles that I've made? I don't mean delete from a document: I mean delete from the system. E.g. when I open a new document, and expand the Styles drop down list (click in lower right-hand corner of Styles group), old unwanted styles appear on the list. I delete them (I've tried deleting them directly from the list and from the Manage Styles window), but that only deletes them from that document: I open a new document and there they are again. I don't want to hide them, I want to delete them. Q2: Is there a way to work directly with the dic...

Rules and Alerts Item Missing From Menu
I just installed Office 2003 and in Outlook the 'Rules and Alerts' item is missing from the Tools menu. I did a Repair but still no good. I uninstalled Outlook and re- installed. Still no Rules and Alerts item in the Tools menu. Please Help. Nick 1) do you have the smart menu feature enabled? did you click on the down arrow to expand? 2) find and delete outcmd.dat from C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. You can easily access it by pasting %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook in the Address bar of your browser or Windows Explore...

excel pivot table formating
In 2003 there was a feature where you could adjust the way the pivot table looked. I used to use report #7. Is there a report #7 equivalent in 2007? If so, where can I find it. thx. Place the cursor inside the Pivot Table data and now you will see a new menu "Design". Select the desired design from the "Pivottable Styles". Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "MS" wrote: > In 2003 there was a feature where you could adjust the way the pivot table > looked. I used to...

Making A Databse system on Excel?
Ok, I need to be able to save any information that is entered onto a sheet on another sheet, but I need the sheet where the information is entered to stay blank and then just enter information and it saves onto the other sheet, so I get a database system. How would I do this? L, You could do it using a macro, either run manually or automatically. For example, this will move Row 2 of Sheet1 to the bottom of the set of data on Sheet2. Assumes that cells in column A are never blank. Sub MoveEmOut() Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("2:2").Cut Worksheets("Sheet2").R...

REPOST Deep menu command button needed
Hello, I have a client who uses IMAP folders. To view the messages that have been marked for deletion, they have to go to Organize->Using Views->IMAP Messages. To hide them again, they have to do Organize->Using Views->Hide messages marked for deletion. I know you can get some sub-menus in the button bar customization, but I can't find anything that leads to this. Is this something I'd record a macro for and then make a button for it? Advice appreciated, thanks. You can simply change you view through View-> Arrange By-> Current View or enable the Advanced toolbar ...

Excel 2000 #23
I was curious a friend of mine let me use his office 2000 CD so I could make some documents for work, I found out that since I borrowed it that it could be piracy, is it ok if I still keep my documents & files , I dont want to lose this information, and I eventually will buy Excel, I just dont want to get in trouble I'm not a lawyer, but you should have no problem keeping your files. You just need to be sure that you've deleted the applications. Check out OpenOffice, which is a free, open source suite that can read and work with your XL files: http://openoffice.org I...