Style available all sheets new or old

I need a custom style that is available in all
spreadsheets, new or old.  I can set style and save it in
book.xlt in xlstart, but that only works for new
workbooks, and doesn't work with old spreadsheets when I
call them up.  I want to be able to select a group of
cells, or column or row and apply a setting for negative
numbers to have brackets.  I am using Excel 2000.

I even tried saving the style in personal.xls, but that
doesn't work as it is hidden.

Do I have to use a macro? And if so what would it be?

Thanks
0
anonymous (74718)

One way:

    Public Sub MergeStyles()
        ActiveWorkbook.Styles.Merge _
            Workbook:=Workbooks("Personal.xls")
    End Sub

In article <025101c3b463$2d5716b0$a501280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I need a custom style that is available in all
> spreadsheets, new or old.  I can set style and save it in
> book.xlt in xlstart, but that only works for new
> workbooks, and doesn't work with old spreadsheets when I
> call them up.  I want to be able to select a group of
> cells, or column or row and apply a setting for negative
> numbers to have brackets.  I am using Excel 2000.
>
> I even tried saving the style in personal.xls, but that
> doesn't work as it is hidden.
>
> Do I have to use a macro? And if so what would it be?
>
> Thanks
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
11/26/2003 10:16:12 PM
Thanks, just curious is there a way to automate the pop up
that asks to merge style with the same name, to say no.

0
anonymous (74718)

New CRM 3.0 Partner Preparedness Tools Available
http://blogs.msdn.com/jim_glass/archive/2007/03/08/new-crm-3-0-partner-preparedness-tools-available.aspx ...

New Inbox?
Outlook seems to have suddenly created a new inbox in a folder called archive and started putting my new mail in that rather than in the inbox in my personal folder. How do I switch it back? Trevor <trevor@nospam.woldsweather.plus.com> wrote: > Outlook seems to have suddenly created a new inbox in a folder called > archive and started putting my new mail in that rather than in the > inbox in my personal folder. How do I switch it back? Outlook version? -- Brian Tillman sorry, yes , Outlook 2000. I have on the left a folder called archive folder with calendar,contacts...

Contacts not available as address book
I've just transferred my data files from a W98 PC to a new stand-alone WXP PC (by temporarily installing the old hard drive in the new PC and copying all the data files over to a separate folder in the new hard drive). I then copied outlook.pst (all 212MB) to C:\Documents and Settings\Maurice\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (where it has transmogrified itself down to 135MB). The old version of Outlook was 2000, the new version is 2002. Almost everything I have tried so far works fine, except for the following problem. When I try to use the address book, I g...

2 Qs re W2007 Styles, AutoCorrect
Q1: How do I delete styles that I've made? I don't mean delete from a document: I mean delete from the system. E.g. when I open a new document, and expand the Styles drop down list (click in lower right-hand corner of Styles group), old unwanted styles appear on the list. I delete them (I've tried deleting them directly from the list and from the Manage Styles window), but that only deletes them from that document: I open a new document and there they are again. I don't want to hide them, I want to delete them. Q2: Is there a way to work directly with the dic...

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

How do I create Page 1 of X style page numbers?
I wish to create page numbers that automatically update themselves in this format: Page 1 of X (i.e. a 10 page document would say Page 1 of 10, Page 2 of 10, etc). Can this be done in Publisher automatically? Go to the master page, type *page* before the # and *of 10* after the #. (Without the asterisk) -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paresh" <Paresh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50BEFAA8-6EFD-48DC-ABAC-F117296BF0B1@microsoft.com... >I wish to create page numbers that automa...

Normal + 14 Styles
Something "automatic" is messing with my formating. My user comes to me and says whenever she types a reply or a new email it shows up "really tiny" I look: She has gone into Tools/Options/Mail Format/Stationary and Fonts/Fonts and changed her font to a 14 point comic sans. She was right! Little bitty 14 point comic sans message (Normal+14 Style) followed by a Massively bigger 14 point comic sans signature (Signature Style) . . . . so unknowingly, I went in on my computer's Outlook 2003 (all patched and updated etc) and changed one of my "fonts" ("W...

Problem copying sheet with chart using defined names
I have a sheet that uses local defined names, such as Chart1!MyXData. In this sheet I have a chart which refers to Chart1!MyXData for the x axis values. When I copy this sheet, new local defined names are created, such as Chart1 (1)!MyXData, however, the new chart created has the raw data values for the x data instead of the new local defined names. How can I set up the chart so the x values will be the new local defined name? Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Help styles
With great difficulty I am now creating documents with some styles.and outline numbering Now when I copy a table from another document into this document I get 1.1.1.1 and similar numbering all over the table. How do I accomplish the copy without the numbering inside the table? afd Try this: Select the table cells and press Ctrl+Shift+N. This (re-)applies the Normal style to text. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23R7DwkCdKHA.4952@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > With great difficulty I a...

Random numbers, Canadian Zip Code style #2
Honestly, I don't even know where to begin -- Shocke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Shocked's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1489 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26523 ...

Delete a Table Style
Is there a way to delete a table style? They do not show up in the Style pane and the Apply Style pane has no delete button. You cannot delete the built-in table styles; this applies to all kinds of styles in Word. To delete a custom style, do the following: First display the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S). Then click the Manage Styles button. In the dialog box, click the Import/Export button. Word displays the Organizer dialog box. You should see the styles of the active document in the left pane. Select the ones that you want to get rid of and click the Delete button. -- ...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Friday, April 9, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 130 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Likewise, a comprehensive archive of this newsgroup is available at http://groups.google.com. Click on Advanced Groups Search; there you should specify newsgroup microsoft.public.money and some search terms you conside...

time sheets #4
Need advice on what formulas to use for calculating work times at different overtime rates, all on the same weekly time sheet IE: Ordinary time 7hrs. (First hr of O/T X 1.5) subsequent hours X 2 (Mon-Fri) Saturdays - 5hrs X Ord.Time - 6th hour X 1.5 - subsequent hours X 2 Sundays - All hours X 3 Public Holidays - All hours X 3 ( here we need a PubHol identifier,as well) End result should be total payable hours at a base rate The NETWORKDAYS formula has a provision for identifying public holidays, but it deals only in whole working days, and you're looking to find out h...

Hiding sheets within a workbook
Is there a way to hide an entire worksheet so the tab on the bottom does not show? With the sheet to be hidden as the active sheet, use Format |Sheet |Hide Format |Sheet |Unhide reverse it best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26AB4E8E-A89B-4316-979F-436238603642@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to hide an entire worksheet so the tab on the bottom does > not > show? ...

Normal Style font 04-14-10
I have Office 2007 and when working in Word I have 12 Quick Style sets that I use frequently. All of my documents are based on Normal style when opened. However, when applying a Quick Style set I seem to have 5 different versions of Normal!! 2 Sets apply Normal as Calibri/11, 1 Set applies Calibri/18, 4 Sets apply Calibri/20 (which is what I want all of them to be), 2 Sets apply Arial/12, and 1 Set applies Arial/20. How can I make all of my Quick Style sets recognize the Normal Style as Calibri font with a font size of 20? I have tried setting the Normal Style as that f...

Upgrade 9 to 10 only work if update instance, not if new instance
I'm testing a GP 9 to 10 upgraded on a test server. Everything installs; however, GP Utilities will bomb out if I created a new instance when installing 10. There is no error message, it just fails. If I do an update to the 9 instance, it works fine. Why should this make any difference? It's the only thing I'm changing in the two installs. Thanks Not sure I understand. What do you mean by "instance"? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster...

Deleting Styles From Organizer
I am directly formatting paragraphs using Ctrl m (changing indents), Ctrl t (changing tabbing), Ctrl i, Ctrl b, (font formatting) and Ctrl 1, 2 and 3 for paragraph after settings, etc., etc. After setting up all the formatting I create a new style – Cs – which now incorporates all that formatting into the actual style formatting. I then use the following macro to now make all of these formatting attributes to be incorporated into a pre-existing style which has attributes I don't want but which I have to use (company protocol). [I use the direct formatting because it's ...

Hiding / Unhiding Sheets
I have created macros to hide and unhide sheets when clicking on a button example - Sheets("Premium Labor Utilization").Visible = Not Sheets("Premium Labor Utilization").Visible I am also assigning goups of sheets to a summary button example Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("Premium Labor Utilization").Visible = Not Sheets("Premium Labor Utilization").Visible Sheets("FMLA Compliance").Visible = Not Sheets("FMLA Compliance").Visible Sheets("FLSA Compliance").Visible = Not Sheets("FLSA ...

Move Project Server 2007 to new domain
Hi, We just acquired another company that has a Project 2007 server. We will be using the ADMT 3.0 tool to help with the domain migration. Everything will stay the same with the server, just the domain will change. Will using the ADMT tool work for this? Thanks Carlos Hello Carlos, we've migrated a project server to a new domain some time ago. We've used a tutorial for the migration: http://blogs.msdn.com/brismith/archive/2009/06/22/project-server-2007-migration-from-one-domain-to-another.aspx We've only migrated the users and groups (with SID-History) ...

Forcing group headers on new page
Hi i have some trouble printing reports based on condition. (Access 2003) I have report being printed (2 sided print out). This reportd has a groupheader0 which is grouping by counties. I would like to program it in such a way that 1) I want the group to start in a new page + If the new page comes out face up its fine. But if the new page is face down i would like to force it to then next page. Is there some way i can do this by VBA code. Any help appreciated. Thank you in advance! Hi everyone, I think i figured a soultion myself. Incase someone needs this in future, this is what i came up ...

Sheet sorts
I have a workbook with multiple sheets. Data is entered on the first sheet and linked to the other sheets. I want the other sheets to automatically sort when I change data in the first sheet. Think you need to use either vlookup or index/match on a key col in the "linked" sheets. Get a sound grounding on using these functions .. Try Debra's nice coverage on VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH at her: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html VLOOKUP http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html INDEX/MATCH There's also some sample workbooks available for d/l & study...

How do I protect sheet, but allow "group" function to work
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets, and want to prevent people from seeing my formulas by protected the sheets. However, I have data "grouped." If I protect the sheet, people can't click on the "+" to expand groupings. How do I accomplish both? David -- dwsmha ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dwsmha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26764 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=400174 If you already have the outlining applied, you can prote...

not enough system resources available error
Hey Everyone, I recently setup a brand new user workstation in my office. The system is running Windows XP Pro and only has about 3 other third party software packages installed.(Microsoft Office 2003, some Factory Business card software, and Timeslips accounting program.) Now for some reason when the user trys to view an email from his/her exchange account using Outlook 2003 an error occurs. The error is as followed. "Can't open this item there are not enough system resources available for this operation" This happens when trying to open an email or reply to an email. Can some...

outlook fix is available, but must contact MS
Hello I have a problem that is outlined in the kb #261312. It states that there is a fix available but I must contact MS to obtain it. Now when I go to the support phones and emails, there does not seem to be away to get the fix without paying for it first. Has anyone tried this with any luck. Is there anyway to email them to get the fix without paying? Thanks Look closer, there is a free number as well -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully custo...

Any way to force European format dates in sheets?
Is there a way to configure Excel (Office 2000) to always display dates in Euro format instead of US? It currently accepts entries in Euro format (dd/mm/yy) but always displays them in sheets in US format (mm/dd/yy), which is kinda confusing. I can't see a configure option covering this - am I missing something? Cheers, -Neil F. Suspect this is down to your PCs settings - check control panel - Regional Options. Are you sure its accepting Euro dates, and not just those that can be mis-interpreted as US and leaving others just as text? Thanks for that, Ben. I've checked t...