strange scrolling in Excel 2003

I have a protected worksheet on which users cannot "select locked cells."
However, with this protection on, the keyboard arrow keys now scroll through
the far left and top of the worksheet - hitting up in row 1 takes you to the
last row - hitting left in column A takes you to the last column. How can I
stop this?
0
Ryan (208)

I tried this in xl2002 and could only duplicate it if the lastrow (65536) was
unlocked.

(Did you mean last row of the worksheet or last row of the unlocked cells?)

If you meant that excel took you to the "next" available cell, then this seems
like a pretty good design choice to make data entry easier.  (My guess, anyway.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

How put Static elements into Vertical Scrolling field?
I read some data from file and print it to dialog-window. As count of filds with data may be different I suppose put this filds into another fild with VerticalScroll control but i have no idea how to do it. Creating of filds: //////// CStatic* stat1[100]; for (int i=0;i<10;i++) { stat1[i]=new CStatic(); stat1[i]->Create(_T("my static"), WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|SS_LEFT, CRect(10,10+i*25,100,25+i*25),this); } ///////// First, beware of any code that has a CRect with constant parameters. It will only work on your machine. Why don't you consider CListBox, or even better, ...

Clipboard Retains Cut Items In Excel
Hello! I'm having a problem with the clipboard that I didn't have before. Its only in Excel. For some reason, when I highlight a cell or group of cells with the intention of either cutting or copying it, by right clicking on the selection, the little list of options that pops out does not include 'cut' nor 'copy. The 'cut' and 'copy' options aren't on the option list at all, not even in 'ghosted' form. But 'paste' and 'paste special' are ghosted. When this happens, I see that the clipboard still has retained the last cell tha...

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

Excel Charts
I would like to easily/quickly toggle series in an Excel chart on an off. What I would really like to have is some way to click on a serie in the legend next to my chart and have that series data disappear fro my graph. Then I need to be able to click that series again in th legend and have the data reappear on the graph. I don't think Exce has this capability built-in, so I'll have to create an add-in o macro. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Have a look at Jon Peltier's example of using controls to display certain data in chart. http://pelti...

COM in VB Excel
How do you register a stand alone COM object in a VB macro? ...

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

Opening Excel #8
I accidentially overwrote the blank worksheet that automatically appears when opening Excel. How do I reset this or even better how can I get no worksheet to display when I open Excel? There's a workbook template named book.xlt that is located in your XLStart folder. You should be able to open it, edit it and save it the way you like. If you really don't want to use it, just delete it. To keep excel from creating that workbook when you open excel, you can create a new shortcut to excel and use that. But you have to add a parameter telling excel not to create that new worbook. ...

MacBook Excel/Entourage questions
Recently, the cursor will fail to respond in Excel and in Entourage. I can Save, and switch programs, and then it will be OK again. Twice, after this kind of situation in Excel, my MacBook completely shut down, and then opened itself......starting up, and I put in my password to open it up.... Anyone have any ideas what this means? Thank you. Sam Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. Microsoft does have Mac newsgroups. Try: microsoft.public.mac.excel or ...

Need help resetting email default setting on Outlook 2003
I set up my email so that the message was underlined and accidentally clicked on "default". Since then all my emails go out with the message completely underlined ... even though I don't see that until I go and look in the "send" folder. I have made sure all the settings in the email options do not have the underlining ... but it still does it! I also actually reconfigured outlook completely and it still maintained that setting. Help!!! marthabw99;118294 Wrote: > I set up my email so that the message was underlined and accidentally > clicked >...

Excel 97 error message
When I open a Excel file I invariably get an error message as follows: "A document with the same name is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name even if the docs are in different folders....etc." There's an "OK" button which I click, the message goes away and everything is fine. How can I end this annoyance? E. Try this Ed Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel On the Windows Taskbar Close Excel Start>Run "excel.exe /reg...

Exchange 2003 Service pack
i am still having MS Exchange 2003 running in my environment without any service pack. Should i go for SP1 first and run for sometime before upgrade to SP2? If i want to install SP2, do i need to install SP1 prior install SP2? Can both SP1 & SP2 support exchange clustering environment? Do not need to install SP1, can install SP2. Both support clusters - an Exchange service pack that doesn't support clustering wouldn't have been released, imo. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Emyeu" ...

Screen won't stop scrolling
I am typing an 80-page document. All of a sudden the screen scrolled to the end of the document. Any effort to return to my original location results only in the screen scrolling to the end of the document again. Hello Mad ball I had this problem with a Word2003 file. Unfortunately never found out why, thought it was something to do with file size as I had quite a few inserted pictures. I did find a work around using 2 files, and by always making sure the the second file wasn't to far out of synch with the first, just so I had something to fall back on if it went totally...

Excel Text Function
Hi anyone who can help me... I have some info in a spreadsheet as follows: A1 B1 C1 Centra Dublin Centra Belfast Centra London If I want to get just Centra out into another cell I would use =LEFT(A1:C1,6) and this works fine. But I want to actually get out the area - Dublin, Belfast or London and some other areas that might have more or less than 7 letters. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance Ann (Dublin, Ireland) =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"Centra","")) will work if you have city names and centra.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ann&q...

excel version
i got a 500 mhz pent.3 gateway with windows 98 second edition and explorer 6.0. found an old version of excel for microsoft windows version 4.0. will i be able to load it okay and how is it compared to "excel 97"???? i will use it for basic entries etc. It will probably work. I'm afraid that's all the positive news there is. Excel5 was the first "modern" spreadsheet, with multiple sheets within a book, a procedural Macro language (not all users consider this an improvement, but it has become a standard), although it still is a 16-bit version. But that's ju...

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

Outlook 2003 #7
When there is link like www.WordRecovery.com in an email meesage. Select on it to access, I get an error message 'the folder c:\www.WordRecovery.com does not exist" but one with http:\\www.WordRecovery.com works fine. Is there a setting I can change? ...

Wrong format of Excel 97 file on Excel 2000
Dear When I use Office 2000 to open a Excel 97 file, the format of the file will be different from the original one. some word will add space ....some data move to next column any solution or reference to solve it ? thx Gary I don't think it's because of the difference between versions of excel. xl2k should open xl97 with no problem. If you start excel in safe mode Windows Start Button|Run Excel /safe then open your file, do you get the same results? (I don't have a better suggestion.) Gary wrote: > > Dear > > When I use Office 2000 to open a Excel 97 ...

Excel
I need to create an expense sheet in excel that has the same 'title' (e.g., "transportation", "business lunch", "advertising" read down the left side/columns, and "date", "cost", "vendor" read across the top/rows) information in column A (for example) on each page, for what will be a multi-page document. It seems that this would be resolved in a header-footer capacity, but I am uncertain of the proper procedure, partly because the info is rather complex. Help? See the "File->PageSetup->Sheet" tab. --...

Excel Problem
Last night Excel started messing up on my computer. Dell Computer about 6 years old. Windows XP Pro, MS Office 2002. Open a spreadsheet, Excel opens to a blank spreadsheet and then says it has encountered an error and shuts down. Error appears to be something about a kernel 32.dll (not sure). Tried detect and repair, safe mode, nothing works. Does it from a file open, shortcut or program launch. Need some advice. Google is your friend http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=kernel32.dll&aq=3&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=kernel&gs_rfai= -- Don ...

Embedding Excel on a web page
Can you do it? I want the data in an excel file to be a table in the middle of an HTML doc. Not a copy/paste but a live link to the data. "Steve" <sb6633@sbc.com> wrote in message news:OcmZjIRjDHA.488@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Can you do it? I want the data in an excel file to be a table in the middle > of an HTML doc. Not a copy/paste but a live link to the data. > File, save as, HTML. The box to allow interactivity is grayed out until you select a single sheet. You can save the whole workbook to html but without interactivity. Then again who is to say you can'...

IMAP Service for Exchange Server 2003
I have a mixed environment for Exchange Server question, as of right now, I have the main Exchange Server 5.5 hosting all the mailboxes. My new Exchange Server 2003 is already up and running and I started to move some mailbox over. All the Services for Exchange Server 2003 are running except IMAP Service, I need this Service to run in order to work with Entourage for MAC to access the email folder for MAC users. Outlook client works fine with Exchange Server 2003 even if IMAP Service is not running right now. If I start this Service does it have any effect with Exchange Server 5.5 IMAP. Th...

Strange Email failure error
Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been able to send emails to my wife's work email address until this week, when I get this very strange failure notice. "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed. Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new connections. Please try later I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long." Does anyone know what the hell this means? thanks -- Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk www.gbpcomputin...

How do I insert autodates into an Excel spreadsheet?
How do I insert autodates into an Excel Spreadsheet? On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Eajay <Eajay@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How do I insert autodates into an Excel Spreadsheet? It's not really a charting question, but: Ctrl-; (control key and semicolon pressed at the same time) -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. ...

Formula for same numbers in Excel
Hi. I have 2 columns in Excel (C10:C200 and D10:D150) filled by numbers. How can I find how many numbers in column D (and if it is possible which) included also in the column C. I would like to apply a formula and not any shorting method. Thank you. In E10 =COUNTIF(C$10:C$200,D10) fill down to E200. HTH. Best wishes Harald "nikos" <nikos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E87A6EC1-B8B3-4A0E-B87D-52CE6BAD91DC@microsoft.com... > Hi. > > I have 2 columns in Excel (C10:C200 and D10:D150) filled by numbers. How > can > I find how many numb...

EXCEL
Is it possible to put more than 3 conditional formats? I want to put around 8... If 0-5 blue, If 6-10 red, If 11 - 15 brown etc.... Thanks.... No, I believe 3 is the maximum. >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to put more than 3 conditional formats? >I want to put around 8... If 0-5 blue, If 6-10 red, If >11 - 15 brown etc.... >Thanks.... >. > You'll find that you can't add more than 3 conditions. i.e. the answer to the OP's question is No. You would have to use an event macro (maybe On_Calculate) to scan the cells and set the colors if ...