Strange Result using custom number format

I am trying to apply a custom number format that returns the following
results..

If the number is less than -1 it is formatted as (?#)
If the number is greather than +1 is is formatted as +?#
If it is between -1 and 1 the result is text saying "Unchanged"

But when I apply the following custom format-->  [>1]+?#;[<-1]  (?#); "Unch"

I get a strange result for numbers between -1 and 1. I get -Unch. I can't
figure out why it puts the - in front of the text.

Thanks
0
sfrancoe2 (3)

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

Multiple invoices to multiple customers from one order?
I think that this is not possible, but I need to ask since it will be happening on a regular basis: We have a new contract with a customer who has independent contractors. The contractors will come in and purchase a specific large item from us - mother company will pay a specific monetary amount and the contractor is responsible for the rest. So basically, we need to create one order, but have two invoices to two different customers that are linked to the original order. Is there ANY way to do this. Thanks Yes, You can use National Accounts for this. You can setup your main contra...

Running a PIF file using CreateProcess in an allocated console window
Hello, I am trying to find a way to execute a pif file within the context of my own application's console using AllocConsole. My basic need is to have the console in my context so I can use the console API's AND I must use the pif parameters for EMS, XMS, and a few other parameters. Is there a way to do this ? Is there a way around ? For example, try running "start /b XX.pif" I am getting an error message The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. and get the Close Ignore buttons. This is not related to any problems in the DOS application. If I use CREATE_...

Using Filters
I am new to using filters & am trying to create a worksheet that will help my salesmen create quotes for our customers. I'd like them to be able to pick different equipment options with related prices and then have all options totalled at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Pkg # Description Amount 111 Option 1 209,667 112 Option 2 224,693 123 Option 3 ...

routing numbers #3
Third time is the charm maybe... How do I change the routing numbers on my accounts in Money 2004? If nobody knows... OK. I just need to know if there is a way! What is this routing number used for? Epay? "Stephen" <guzzetti@xmission.com> wrote in message news:10b6301c3f36c$7ab537a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Third time is the charm maybe... > > How do I change the routing numbers on my accounts in > Money 2004? If nobody knows... OK. I just need to know > if there is a way! All accounts have a routing number and account number. The routing number can ...

How do I retrieve Emails stored in .pst format?
I cannot retrieve my Emails archived/stored in My Documents and Settings folder because it is a .pst format. I'm using outlook 2003. Any advise on our I can retrieve appreciated. On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 03:58:00 -0800, Anno <Anno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I cannot retrieve my Emails archived/stored in My Documents and Settings >folder because it is a .pst format. I'm using outlook 2003. Any advise on our >I can retrieve appreciated. Please repost your question in a newsgroup supporting Outlook. This group is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The webp...

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

Using 2003 runtime, Access 2007 installed...
Hi Dumb-ish question:- Is it possible to run an Access ADE under the 2003 runtime, if Office 2007 is already installed on the PC? All help gratefully received. TIA Steve "CyberDwarf" <sdi@lineone.net> wrote: >Is it possible to run an Access ADE under the 2003 runtime, if Office 2007 >is already installed on the PC? Yes. This assumes that the version of Office 2007 does not contain Access 2007. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, ...

How do I find my serial number?
Hi I want to purchase the upgrade from Microsoft Office X to the new 2004 version BUT I cannot find my original install disks with the Serial number on. Is there any way I can discover what my serial number is from the installed software? Cheers. Robin In article <BD842C67.1AB92%robinjackson@mac.com>, Robin Jackson <robinjackson@mac.com> wrote: > I want to purchase the upgrade from Microsoft Office X to the new 2004 > version BUT I cannot find my original install disks with the Serial number > on. > > Is there any way I can discover what my serial number is ...

Confine results of web query to one cell
How do you confine the results of a web query to one cell in Excel 2004? Under Excel 2004 a web query always seems to use up two cells in a given column no matter what data range properties I set. I never had a problem with this in Excel 2000. ...

Exporting Custom Security Roles CRM 4.0
Is there any way of exporting custom security roles in CRM 4.0? It appears only the OOB Security Roles are 'exportable'. It only makes sense that customized ones could be exported. I don't have any problems exporting custom security roles. Aren't they listed in the export customizations list? -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog: http://www.stunnware.com/?area=blog ---------------------------------------------------------- "Kraig" <kraigr3@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9737235c-b921-4d9b-902b-6f5056525fd7@c65g2000hsa.googlegroup...

Cell shows formula not the result
I type "=A1+B1" in cell C1. Cell C1 displays "=A1+B1", not the result of the formula. Tried CTRL +` but that just seems to make the colums thinner. It's driving me nuts! Can anyone help? Jeff Hi Jeff... There is either TWO things happening... 1. Remove the quotations...unless you posted them here for display purposes. OR 2. Go to TOOLS/OPTIONS on the VIEW tab (at the bottom) Window Options...Uncheck the box that reads FORMULAS. Let me know how you make out. Jenni Jeff Granger wrote: > I type "=A1+B1" in cell C1. > > Cell C1 displa...

Qoutation Sequencial Numbering
I have a quote template "Quote Sheet11" that I have made up and would like cell "H4" to increase by 1 each time it is saved/opened... Please help!!! hi, Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets("yoursheet").select Range("H4").value = Range("H4").value + 1 end sub this will add 1 to h4 each time the wb is open. put the code in This Workbook in the vb editor. tool>macro>vb editor or alt+F11 Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) Sheets("yoursheet").select Range("H4").value = Range(&qu...

Using While Loop to Union Selects?
With SQL Server 2008, I have a single-col table variable containing n varchar values, each with something that will go into a where clause. For example, if I had 5 rows in the table, I would need 5 select statements where MyCol=next value. How could I write a while loop to pull the next available row from the table var, issue a select, and union all of the results into a single set? Is while the most expedient tool? Should I go cursor in that case? CTE? Thanks. SnapDive (SnapDive@community.nospam) writes: > With SQL Server 2008, I have a single-col table variable con...

What's the detailed format of pMask Buffer of GPE::SetPointerShape method?
Hi All: I'm developing display driver with windows CE 6.0 R2 version. I'm confusing with the buffer format when debugging GPE::SetPointerShape method. As the document said: The pMask parameter points to a 1-bpp surface with a width of cx and a height of (2cy). The top half defines the AND mask for the pointer, and the lower half defines the XOR mask. but where is the 1st pixel bit located, the 1st bit of the 1st byte or the 7th bit of 1st byte? the document has no related words. And there is another problem, the prototype of this method is as the following: SC...

Why not use Get External Data?
I've been told not to use Get External Data. This is for a database that is 1.99GB and compacting down to 127MB (routinely ending up back at 1.99GB). How does Get External Data differ from importing the same rows using an append query? Thanks, Cameron Cameron Tully-Smith previously wrote: > I've been told not to use Get External Data. This is for a database > that is > 1.99GB and compacting down to 127MB (routinely ending up back at > 1.99GB). > > How does Get External Data differ from importing the same rows using an > append query? > > Thanks, ...

Filing Contacts using the 'File As' option
I've recently had a new pc installed and have synchronised my pocket pc with my desktop. Unfortunately, my pocket pc has taken on the Outlook settings from my desktop and as a result, all my contacts on both pc's are filed as with the format 'surname,firstname. I want all my contact to be filed as 'firstname,surname'. The 'tools,options etc gives you the opportunity to specify this for NEW contacts but it doesn't seem to work for existing contacts. Does anyone know how I might be able to get my existing contacts to be filed with the format 'firstname,surnam...

Smart use of .Activate; .Select; .Copy with Sheets(1) va Worksheet
Using 2003 First, when is it necessary to: Activate(to ultimately Select)Worksheets(myWorksheet).Select must I first do .Worksheets(myWorksheet).Activate then .Worksheets(myWorksheet).Select then .Worksheets(myWorksheet).Copy which approach is better? must I first do .Sheets(myWorksheet).Activate then .Sheets(myWorksheet).Select then .Sheets(myWorksheet).Copy with "Sheets" can I use either an: Alpha variable or "Actual W/S ...

Number format #6
When copying a number from an email like 260016008390 and pasting into Excel 2003 it gets changed to 2.60016E+11 How can I prevent this from happening apart from using paste special and selecting text. Steve If the cell width is too small... widen the cell to show the whole number. If you're not calculalting with the number, format cells as text, and if the number starts with a zero, it will keep it... Beege "Steveqae" <steve.shipping@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:e4R07AltGHA.2224@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > When copying a number from an emai...

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

Detecting section numbers
I have a Word 2007 document and want to use a macro (VBA) to detect which section the cursor is in. Does anyone know how to do this? Most operations involving Sections seem to require the section number as an argument, but I just want to determine which section the cursor is currently located in. Many thanks, Geoff MsgBox ActiveDocument.Range(0, Selection.Sections(1).Range.End).Sections.Count Geoff Budd wrote: > I have a Word 2007 document and want to use a macro (VBA) to detect > which section the cursor is in. Does anyone know how to do this? > Most operat...

How do I use the timecard template if I am using a time clock and.
I need help using the time card template in Microsoft Excel We use a time clock and the employees punch the card when the come in and when they leave in the evening. I would like to set iup the template. HELP!!! Thanks , Gargi Hi Gargi what i've not sure about is how the information gets from the card to the excel spreadsheet - are you going to retype it? if so what assistance do you need in setting up the spreadsheet beyond ...............A.......................B.....................C........................D....................E 1.........Employee #............Date............S...

Referencing another field if result is N/A
Hello, I have a situation where I am referencing data on another workbook. The reason behind this is the data in Column H can be entered incorrectly and often is. I am able to prevent this going forward but can not do so for the items already entered. I enter a formula via VBA, however, sometimes the result will be #N/A and if so I would prefer to leave the old value and just highlight it that it needs to be verified by hand. I am not sure if I can just "leave" the value as it has pretty much already been replaced. Due to this, I copy the column to a different colum...

Script error using Liveweb addin in Powerpoint
I have a webpage that populates a slide in my presentation using the addin Liveweb and I keeping getting script errors. I set IE to disable debugging and unchecked the show script error option and also lowered my security settings in IE. Does anyone have a clue what could still be causing the script error to reoccur is there a setting possibly in Powerpoint that I am over looking? On Jan 15, 10:13=A0am, "CWebb" <cweb...@sl-america.com> wrote: > I have a webpage that populates a slide in my presentation using the addi= n > Liveweb and I keeping getting s...

Setting up Hyperlinks using Excel on XP
Not totally an EXCEL question ... I know how to set up hyperlinks. What I'm trying to figure out is how to get past the My Network Place to Entire Network setting up hyperlink. On WIN 98 I did right click, hyperlink, and then network neighborhood to the main server needed to finish the pathway. With XP I get to the place where I click on My Network Place and the option to open "Other Places" is not there. Help? I've got an intranet site set up using WIN 98 and now with XP I'm screwed.... Hi, Terri, I'm not exactly sure, as I get the same thing - although...