storing read only data

I work for a powder coating company and want to make a program that will store all of the data on each part. I want to be able to go to the computer type in a part number and retrieve all of the data for that part. It has to be read onlyso that it can only be edited by a supervisor. I was told i could use excel for this and an "at" function was mentioned. thank you

If the info fits in 256 columns, you can put the part number in column A and the
info in B:IV.

Then apply data|filter|autofilter and use that to just show the parts you want.

If the data is more than 256 columns, you could put a "sequence number" in
column A, the part number in column B and info in column C.

Each part number could have multiple rows--the sequence number would go from 1
to xxxx.  Then you could filter on the part number and see just the stuff for
it.

Just a tip.  If you have to make a decision on where to put the data, try to
make it as granular as possible.  Put each piece of info in a different
field/column.  It'll make changes easier (as well as working with it).

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

It's under File|SaveAs, then Tools|General Options (in xl2002)
(I think this is hidden under File|SaveAs|Tools|Options in earlier versions.)

shooter4703 wrote:

> I work for a powder coating company and want to make a program that will store all of the data on each part. I want to be able to go to the computer type in a part number and retrieve all of the data for that part. It has to be read onlyso that it can only be edited by a supervisor. I was told i could use excel for this and an "at" function was mentioned. thank you

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Mailbox Data
I have 2 mailboxes. One of them is fairly new and has a different last name. I had the old account forward all new emails to the new account, but how do I move the mailbox data from the old account to the new one? Is there a tool I can use, or maybe I can just move the files? Please help. Robert 2 ways... 1. Open old account, copy all the mail to PST file. Then open new account, copy from PST file back into the mailbox 2. Use Exmerge. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post ...

How to remove read only protection from a file?
Everytime I save text or photos to a cd rom (rw), it saves it as a read only file which I can't manipulate. Why is this and how do I remove the read only protection from the file? Please help. Thanks I'm assuming you are trying to open and modify the file while it is still on the CD. Which you can't do, how could you, it's not a hard-drive. Copy the file off the CD onto your hard drive to modify the file. As for removing file protection, right click file and select properties to locate the file attributes. oh btw this forum is for questions concerning the use of Micros...

Regression
In Excel 2003, I used the Data Analysis Toolkit to perform a linear regression. Does anyone know how I see the variance of each datapoint away from the line of best fit? Tools - data analysis - regression (i dont know if there is an option in this process that will display the data i am looking for) Thanks. WA - The Regression tool has a checkbox for Residuals, in which case it provides Residuals (difference between actual Y and predicted/fitted Y) for each data point. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "WA" <WA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Exch 2003 store.exe terminates when ESM Replication Status selected
Exch 2003 SP1 on W2K SP4 - had been 5.5 until moving to Exch 2K swing server. 5.5 removed and Exch 2003 SP1 installed, seemingly OK. Weird problem - if I click on ESM->Administrative groups-> group ->Servers-> server->First Storage Group->Public Folder Store(server) and then click on Replication Status, after a delay I recieve a popup saying, "An error occurred while retrieving the requested information. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable. ID no: c103047d Exchange System Manager...

Read Only spreadsheet
have a spreadsheet that is used by many of us. Recently, we all get the following message: "budget.xls. cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read only location. Or, the server this document is stored on may not be responding" I've copied the file to my local hard drive and it still gives me this message. My fear is someone accidentally setup some security on the file and did not realize he/she did it or if they did, they won't fess up to it. How do I remove this security? I'm the administrator of this file and have...

How do I enable read access so I can open an access attachment 04-12-10
I just bought Microsoft Office 2007 enterprise for school. When I try to open an attached "ACCESS" file from my school ( so I can edit it for homework) a box with an EXCLAMATION POINT in it shows up and says "the file does not exist, or I don't have read access to the file.." how do I fix this so I can do my homework? One more thing, I have no problem opening an attachment that is a word document. It's strictly the access program I'm hving a problem with.. Please Help.. Sincerely, Sandy ~AKA~Ms. Confused :) Hi Sandy, I think that your p...

OleDb consumer where is my data source
I have generated an OleDB provider from MS VC++ 7 ATL templates. I have modified this using Lon Fishers tutorial! (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvc60/htm l/msdn_vc6oledbprov.asp) However when I come to generating a consumer (using MS VC++ 7 ATL templates) to test the provider, I get stuck. Lon's article talks how to generate consumers using VC++6 ATL. In VC++7 the wizard requires you to specify a data source. This is the part I am unsure about as I cannot seem to fine a data source for the provider as it reads from text files? Any suggestions??? Th...

Can't "Hide Header Information" in Task View Reading Pane
I'm running Outlook 2003, SP3. In the Task View Reading Pane, the header information takes up a lot of screen space. I'd like to get rid of it. I have found two dialogs with a checkbox for "Hide Header Information", but checking and unchecking that box has no effect. It appears to be a bug. Any suggestions? ...

Writing data back to main form
I have a form that pops up when a certain value is selected in an Option Group on my main form. The user enters free from data in an unbound box on the popup form, then submits the "comment" through a background macro. The macro should write the "comment" back to the main form via a SetValue command, however, the macro is halted because it can't find the original form, which has remained open. Is SetValue the correct command to use in the macro? ...

Multi Store Vouchers
I do not see a way for this to work. I want to be able to give out store credit to our customers but there does not seem a way to make this work for multiple stores. In a single store setup everything is stored in the Voucher table. These vouchers are uploaded during the HQ synchronization but each store does not have access to other stores voucher's. Does anyone have any insight on how I could get this resolved? Thanks, Dan I take it you are trying to issue Store Credit for returns, not actually trying to implement a voucher system for gift cards/certificates. If this is corre...

Stored Procedure error message
Hi, I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, tables are creating properly. But the issue is after login into Great Plains I am getting the following error "The Stored Procedure GrantAccess() of form Sql maintenance : 69: pass through Sql returned the following results :DBMS :15151, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0" Any Idea Please... Jack Hi Friends, I got the solution my slef and issue has resolved.. Thanks, Jack "Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, > table...

Exception while exporting data from .net to excel 2003 using sqlse
Hai Application : C#.Net, Windows application BackEnd : SqlServer2000 Excel : Ms-Excel 2003 We have a situation where our data is not exporting from C# windows application to Ms-Excel 2003.we have found that our application cannot load data into excel more than 911 characters in a cell,If i add 1 character more to this group of 911 characters,then i receive this "Exception from HRESULT:0x800A03EC" exception message.so please tell me do u can help me out with any solution,or any patches of microsoft will help us. ...

reading tracked messages
Hi, I am tracking all messages, but when i do a "find now" i can see the messages but is it also possible to read them ? and if not, how can i forward all messages that clients send and receive to another mailbox ? The reason is for security reasons because people who steal things in the company have to get caught and this is the only way. regards, Vincent dasooni Interesting reason. Hopeefully you're talking about E2K. If you are then your simplest option is to tick the "archive all messages....." box on the properties of the store will enable you to take a...

HQ/Store date mismatch
We just deployed our 3rd store and eveyrthing was working fine, transactions were being uploaded and everything. Then, the store ops DB computer got moved, and I guess at some point someone changed the date on the computer to be a month in advance. Now, all of our transactions from 4/25/2006 to 4/27/2006 are actually in the DB as 5/25/2006 to 5/27/2006. I just discovered the problem and changed the date on the Store Ops machine, but I don't know what the best way to fix these transactions is, or if it is even possible. What I'd like to do is go change all of these transac...

Outlook XP autofill To field
Outlook XP ... When typing in names in the To field of new messages Outlook will start to show names that have either already been typed, sent to or appear in the Contact list. Where is this "autofill" list kept? Is it user accessible? I'd like to get rid of some of the names that are not already in my Contacts. You can just use the down arrow key to highlight a name that is incorrect or whose address has changed and press delete. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding ...

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

merge multilple data values
How do I merge multilple data values ie: in columns js1234 to .jpg to read: js1234.jpg Thanks Jennifer, You can combine two cells with a formula like =A1&B1 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Jennifer Burnel" <jenburnel@babooshka.net> wrote in message news:h3rpb.294$Ux1.162@newsfep3-gui.server.ntli.net... > How do I merge multilple data values ie: > in columns > js1234 to .jpg > to read: js1234.jpg > > Thanks > > ...

compare two cells with non-numeric data
I need to compare two cells (A1 vs B1) that contain letter grades (that is, A, A-, B+, B, B-, etc.) I need to show if one cell (B1) has a higher grade than the cell to which it is being compared to (A1), is the same or has a lower grade. If this were the comparison of number data, then no problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks One thing you could do is to allocate a nominal value to each grade. For example, set up a column somewhere, eg in X1:X10 like this: A A- B+ B B- C+ C C- D E I don't know what grades you are actually using, but I'm sure you can see the idea of list...

Xmlhttprequest
Hi, I'm trying to find a way to use XMLHttpRequest to recieve an xml file and then use XMLHttpRequest to send an xml file back based on the xml file I received. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance rwiegel@iastate.edu wrote: > I'm trying to find a way to use XMLHttpRequest to recieve an xml file > and then use XMLHttpRequest to send an xml file back based on the xml > file I received. Can anybody help? If you receive XML with XMLHttpRequest then you get a responseXML DOM document that you can manipulate as needed and pass to the send method to send it back. Or create a ...

Store Credit multi Store
Good Day, Can someone give advice about how to set up Store Credits for a multi store enterprise. Currently the client use store credits/vouchers at store location only and can only redeem a Store Credit where it was issued. We would like to set it up so that they can redeem a store credit at any store location no matter where it was issued. Three stores connected via HQ. Thanks in Advance. I believe you can set up an account type and call it 'store credit' or something, then when you enter the new customer information for the person receiving store credit you simply assig...

Public Folder Store Present on Front-Ends
I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started queueing up and did not start again until I mounted the stores. Why would this be when Microsoft recommends it and what does the PF store have to do with mail flow? I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public >folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started >queueing up and did no...

Data files
What is the difference between the **.mbf and **.mny files? In microsoft.public.money, duhmel wrote: >What is the difference between the **.mbf and **.mny files? > *.mbf is Money Backup File. You cannot do salv.exe or standard repair directly to a *.mbf file. ...

Where is Read All Unread Mail ?
Using Outlook 2003, had to re-create my profile due to corruption. And now I no longer have a Folder title to display ALL UNREAD MAIL. Does this need to be created somehow, so that it will display all unread mail spread out in all the folders? if the folder is not in the search folders, right click on Search Folders and choose New. Its one of the predefined options. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by...

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Copying hotbuttons from store to store?
I have 10 hotbuttons set up in one of our stores and need to copy it to 8 other stores. Is there a certain file I can copy instead of remaking them for each store? Thanks ...