Store sheet name in a cell on the sheet

I wish to store the sheet name in a cell on the sheet.
I.E. Sheet Name is 14, Cell A2 to contain 14.
Using Excel 2000.
0
Retrac (1)

VBA would allow this:

Cells(1,1).value = activesheet.Nam

--
crispb
crispbd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1088

Enter this in any cell of an *already saved* sheet:

=MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255)
--

HTH,

RD

"Trebor Retrac" <Trebor Retrac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I wish to store the sheet name in a cell on the sheet.
I.E. Sheet Name is 14, Cell A2 to contain 14.
Using Excel 2000.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
11/8/2004 4:47:48 PM
Thank You RagDyeR, This answer is just what I needed!

"RagDyeR" wrote:

> Enter this in any cell of an *already saved* sheet:
>
> =MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255)
> --
>
> HTH,
>
> RD
>

> "Trebor Retrac" <Trebor Retrac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I wish to store the sheet name in a cell on the sheet.
> I.E. Sheet Name is 14, Cell A2 to contain 14.
> Using Excel 2000.

Thanks for the feed-back.
--

Regards,

"RagDyeR" wrote:

> Enter this in any cell of an *already saved* sheet:
>
> =MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255)
> --
>
> HTH,
>
> RD
>

> "Trebor Retrac" <Trebor Retrac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I wish to store the sheet name in a cell on the sheet.
> I.E. Sheet Name is 14, Cell A2 to contain 14.
> Using Excel 2000.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

VBA -- protecting my sheet
Is there a way to use VBA to automatically lock (protect) my sheet every 2 hours? Only certain employees are allowed to modify it, and they are forgetting to lock it at the end of their shift. So far I have come up with this: Sub ProtectSheet() ActiveSheet.Protect (password) End Sub Can anyone point me towards a source of info on how to do this at 2 hour intervals? Thanks in advance... Josh, Use the OnTime method of the Application object. See www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm for more details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC...

Insert file name in header without showing extension
I know how to get the filename into a header/footer. Is there any way to get the filename in the header/footer WITHOUT showing the filename extension? 1) Click on 'My Computer' > 'Tools' > 'Folder Options...' > View tab and check the option "Hide extensions for known files". OR: 2) If you don't want to change the way your computer displays file names - make use of a Macro: ------------------------------------------------------- Sub Header_FileName_No_Extension() On Error Resume Next LFN = InStrRev(ActiveWorkbook.Name, "...

Exch 2003 store.exe terminates when ESM Replication Status selected
Exch 2003 SP1 on W2K SP4 - had been 5.5 until moving to Exch 2K swing server. 5.5 removed and Exch 2003 SP1 installed, seemingly OK. Weird problem - if I click on ESM->Administrative groups-> group ->Servers-> server->First Storage Group->Public Folder Store(server) and then click on Replication Status, after a delay I recieve a popup saying, "An error occurred while retrieving the requested information. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable. ID no: c103047d Exchange System Manager...

Moving to another cell with a button
Is there any thing that will allow you to create a button or link that if it is clicked on, it will take you to another cell? ... similar to how they do it on webpages where there is a link and if theres a tag like #move it will move to the tag on the webpage that has the same flag. Maybe Insert|Hyperlink would do what you want. Z wrote: > > Is there any thing that will allow you to create a button or link that > if it is clicked on, it will take you to another cell? ... similar to > how they do it on webpages where there is a link and if theres a tag > like #move it will mo...

Sequential Numbering Set-up for Multiple Sheets in a Workbook
How do I set up the excel file to sequentially number multiple sheets within a workbook I have a saved file with LTD,STD and Life details. When I create a "custom footer" and select "& pages" it does not sequentially number each sheet as a different page number It sounds like what you want is to print all the sheets together, with the footer saying Page 1, Page 2, etc. To do that, select all the sheets and print. It will then do the page numbering for you. You do need to have the footer on all of the sheets to be able to see it. >-----Original Message----- &g...

Stored Procedure error message
Hi, I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, tables are creating properly. But the issue is after login into Great Plains I am getting the following error "The Stored Procedure GrantAccess() of form Sql maintenance : 69: pass through Sql returned the following results :DBMS :15151, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0" Any Idea Please... Jack Hi Friends, I got the solution my slef and issue has resolved.. Thanks, Jack "Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, > table...

Multi Store Vouchers
I do not see a way for this to work. I want to be able to give out store credit to our customers but there does not seem a way to make this work for multiple stores. In a single store setup everything is stored in the Voucher table. These vouchers are uploaded during the HQ synchronization but each store does not have access to other stores voucher's. Does anyone have any insight on how I could get this resolved? Thanks, Dan I take it you are trying to issue Store Credit for returns, not actually trying to implement a voucher system for gift cards/certificates. If this is corre...

HQ/Store date mismatch
We just deployed our 3rd store and eveyrthing was working fine, transactions were being uploaded and everything. Then, the store ops DB computer got moved, and I guess at some point someone changed the date on the computer to be a month in advance. Now, all of our transactions from 4/25/2006 to 4/27/2006 are actually in the DB as 5/25/2006 to 5/27/2006. I just discovered the problem and changed the date on the Store Ops machine, but I don't know what the best way to fix these transactions is, or if it is even possible. What I'd like to do is go change all of these transac...

fill several sheets with data from other workbooks matching criter
So far, I was able to make a macro to filter data from a project log sheet in a workbook, and copy/paste the rest of the data in each row based on criteria in column A to the corresponding worksheets with a name matching the data in column A on the project log. But now what I need to do is make a macro that will do basically the same thing, but will instead run on sheet(1) of any other workbooks with a filename that contains "RetailProjectLog" in a certain folder location on a network share. Is this possible? If so, how can I do it? I wish I could attach my sample work...

Reset Sheet Count
Hopefully just a quick question, I have some code that gets run everyday and it inserts sheets in a workbook and renames each sheet to specific value. The next day the same code gets run and it deletes the worksheets that i added the previous day and adds some new worksheets, again changing the name of the sheets to a specific value and so on and so forth each day of the week. This works fine, however when the code inserts the new worksheet I have noticed that the default name that excel gives the sheet(before i rename it) is getting higher and higher. When i insert a new sheet now the defaul...

MS Excel does not interpolate empty cells
Trying to plot a contour map of a film thickness. The substarte is round. X/Y coordinates are not in a grid so the data table has several empty cells. Trying to use 'Tool/Options...', 'Chart' tab and selecting the 'Interpolate' radio button does nothing. The chart treats the empty cells as zero value. If it would interpolate I would be happy. I also tried this with a grid (square) X/Y table with a couple of empty cells and again, it did not interploate. If the cell contains a formula like =IF(A1=0,"",A1), then that cell is neither empty nor blank. I...

Printing Formatted Cells
I have conditional format on a cell to format with say Fill Red ... It displays OK on the screen but doesn't appear when printed? I'm sure it'll be something obvious! Is your print setting for color, or B&W? Long shot, but I'm not sure of any other reason why what-you-see is not what-you-get. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C94E101A-9579-4FDB-8AEF-91D59E1EC3A4@microsoft.com... >I have conditional format on a cell to format with say Fill Red ... It > displays OK on the sc...

Outlook XP autofill To field
Outlook XP ... When typing in names in the To field of new messages Outlook will start to show names that have either already been typed, sent to or appear in the Contact list. Where is this "autofill" list kept? Is it user accessible? I'd like to get rid of some of the names that are not already in my Contacts. You can just use the down arrow key to highlight a name that is incorrect or whose address has changed and press delete. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding ...

format a cell as running time
Hello All, I have a simple question I cannot figure out. I would like to keep a spreadsheet of my workouts(running) . I have columns "Total Time" and Split Time(s)" (multiple of these) How would I format a cell as running time? i.e. 22.20.93 and say one of the splits is 2.28.03 (two minutes etc...) Thanks for any suggestions, Homer One way: Format/Cell/Number/Custom mm:ss.00 then enter 2:28.03 In article <94D844C9-A8C9-42FC-91DF-BCDD252ACC6E@microsoft.com>, "Homer" <Homer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello All, > I hav...

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

Sheet that never closes
I have an Excel sheet that I've had since version 95. For this explanation I will call it Names. If I open Names make changes save and close Names but remain in Excel and open another sheet. The sheet Names will automatically open again and when I shut down Excel will ask me if I want to save Names again. I have no idea why. If I close Names, exit Excel, then reopen Excel and open another sheet the above does not happen. Sometimes it can be a PITA. Regards Michael Koerner On Jan 31, 2:02=A0pm, "Michael Koerner" <Iam...@home.com> wrote: > I have...

Automatic name fills in when typing email address
I have Outlook 2000, how do you set it up so that when you start typing a persons name in the To: section of an email, Outlook list the names that match, so that you can just press the enter key to list their entire email name. ...

Copy Cell from one sheet to specific Col value
Hello, Need help in a VBA format. Sheet2 has a column of 15 rows, random numbers. i.e.H2 to H16 I need to sort these cells on Sheet1 with column headings 1 to 49 starting at row A25 going down again 15 rows A39 Therefore,that I may visually see a pattern of these 15 numbers. With Thanks Record a macro when you: Edit|Copy H2:H16 of sheet2 Edit|Pastespecial|Transpose onto A25 of sheet1 and continue to record when you sort A25:A39 And you'll have code that works ok. But if you need help tweaking your recorded code, post back with what you have. I'm sure you'...

Store Credit multi Store
Good Day, Can someone give advice about how to set up Store Credits for a multi store enterprise. Currently the client use store credits/vouchers at store location only and can only redeem a Store Credit where it was issued. We would like to set it up so that they can redeem a store credit at any store location no matter where it was issued. Three stores connected via HQ. Thanks in Advance. I believe you can set up an account type and call it 'store credit' or something, then when you enter the new customer information for the person receiving store credit you simply assig...

Series Named Range Problem
I have a chart built correctly and have set all the components to named ranges I intend to adjust via code based on differing record counts filling the sheet. The code will adjust the size of these named ranges based on the number of those records. Here’s Series1 cell references; =SERIES(Sheet5!$C$5,Sheet5!$B$6:$B$20,Sheet5!$C$6:$C$20,1) When I select this first series and alter it as follows, I get a warning: “A formula in this workbook contains one or more invalid references. Verify that your formal contains a valid path, workbook, range name and cell reference. =SERIES(Field_StartD...

Public Folder Store Present on Front-Ends
I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started queueing up and did not start again until I mounted the stores. Why would this be when Microsoft recommends it and what does the PF store have to do with mail flow? I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public >folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started >queueing up and did no...

VBA Command to Look at cell in an If statement
I need to create a macro in VBA that will look at a specific cell (which contains the result of a lookup formula) in an If statement. Basically it would look at a certian cell, and If that cell had the word "YES", then it would execute a seprate macro. If not, just continue on it merry way. I have tried the following and several variations: Sheets("Print Area").Select Range("BO8:BO8").Select If BO8 = YES Then Call PrintBatch What the program has to do is look at the last entry made in a specific column (hence the use of the Lookup formula in the cell) and...

Protected sheets and running macros

How to make worksheet name as variable?
In my workbook, some formulas are like this: =SUMPRODUCT(($E2<'sheet01'!$G$1:$G$500)*($F2>'sheet01'!$G$1:$G$500)*($C2='sheet01'!$E$1:$E$500)*($B2='sheet01'!$F$1:$F$500),'sheet01'!$J$1:$J$500) 'sheet01' is the name of one of my worksheets. It appears several time in the worksheet. When I want to make them refer to another worksheet, I have to change many instances of the name. Can I input the worksheet name into one of the cells, and the formulas get the name from the cell, so that I just have to change it once? Thanks in advance!! ...

unhide multiple sheets
How can I unhide several sheets all at once instead of one sheet at time ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can do that with a macro, if it is the same sheets then you can record a macro while you unhide them and then next time run that macro.. Or you can use what I use Sub UnhideSheet() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim mySht As Worksheet For Each mySht In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets mySht.Visible = True Next mySht Application.ScreenUpdating = True ...