Stopping the scroll bar

Hi all, this is my first time.  I don't know if this is the right place
for this problem but here I go.  I have created a template of an
invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving
both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in
print view.  Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code
that I would need to achieve such task.

Thanks in advance

---

Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with
<Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom, you can
deselect them.

Another way is to drop the zoom to 25%, select the Z100 cell and then
use <Windows - Freeze Panes>, now select the A1 cell and put the zoom
factor back to whatever you wish, the scrolls are still there but
because the freeze pane is outside of the window then no amount of
movement of the scroll bars will change the screen picture.

:)

---

juicy

Look at the ScrollArea property.  SOmething like

Sheets("mysheet").ScrollArea  = "A1:G32"

This is volatile, so you have to set it each time the workbook is
opened.  Put it in Workbook_Open in ThisWorkbook module or Auto_Open in
general module.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 07:49:45 -0600, triple_juicy
<triple_juicy.y84ta@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>Hi all, this is my first time.  I don't know if this is the right place
>for this problem but here I go.  I have created a template of an
>invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving
>both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in
>print view.  Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code
>that I would need to achieve such task.
>
>Thanks in advance
>

>---

Gord
12/10/2003 5:34:41 PM
Check out the worksheet ScrollArea property in VBA:

Worksheets(1).ScrollArea = "a1:f10"

ScrollArea = a sandbox that you define.  Users can't leave the sandbox
itself and you can generally control how much of the surrounding park they
are allowed to see from the sandbox (assuming that there is anything to
see).

Once set, the user will not be able to select *OR* scroll to anything
outside of the specified area, regardless of the presence of scroll bars.

For example, if you wanted to set up a frozen "read only" single-screen
sheet, simply set the ScrollArea to A1.  Users won't be able to select any
other cell and won't be able to scroll to another part of the worksheet (you
can achieve the first of these with Cell locking but not the 2nd).  Note
that ScrollArea is not exactly the same thing as the visible area. They will
still be able to see as much of the sheet as would fit on their screen
starting with A1. This visible area can vary per the users screen
resolution, zoom setting, etc.  However, seeing and being allowed to touch
are very different things :-)

Hope this helps,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"triple_juicy" <triple_juicy.y84ta@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, this is my first time.  I don't know if this is the right place
> for this problem but here I go.  I have created a template of an
> invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving
> both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in
> print view.  Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code
> that I would need to achieve such task.
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> ---

JunkGeorgeN (154)

Navigation Bar Wizard
When I add a navigation bar I cant find the wizard for it I delete it and create new. I used to just right click and it said wizard for this object. Now where do I find it. ...

sheet size
Hi all, I have a strange question. I have a sheet that has maybe 100 rows. The scroll bar on the right allows me to move quickly from top to bottom etc. I then delete, or move to another sheet say 80 rows. The scroll bars remain aligned or sized to a sheet with 100 rows. Is there any way to resize the scroll bars to active data only, or maybe occupied rows. jim Jim You can reset the "apparent" used range by deleting rows below your "real" used range the save the workbook. Some versions also require a close and reopen before you see any change. Note: this must be...

Excel Tool Bar Gone
My "alpha" excel tool bar is gone (e.g., File, Edit, Data, Help). The object tool bars are still there, but I can't figure out how the "alpha" tool bar left or, more importantly, how to get it back. Any ideas? Right click on a toolbar, and choose Customize from the pop up menu. In the dialog that displays, ensure that "Worksheet Menu Bar" is checked. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "txhokie1" <txhokie1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14EE5353-8723-...

stops responding

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

Scrolling Problem #2
My Visual Studio 2003 IDE freezes occasionally when scrolling using mouse scroll button(typically in files more than 5000 lines). I am using HP 7500 PC with dual processor, 512MB RAM, WinXP SP2. I heard similar problem with other user too, even on microsoft groups same kind of posting are there but no answer. If anyone know the solution for for this problem. Thanks, Manish PS: Sorry, I know this posting is not for microsoft.public.vc.mfc but still I know worlds best brain read on this group. I had the same problem with an HP, and it was the HP sound drivers crasing visual studio. Try usin...

custom point within a floating bar
I have a floating bar which represents a price range accepted by consumers. Once i create the graph, i manually put a marker where the price of the product was tested. Is there a way to graph the tested point? Add another series to the chart. This series will have only one data point -- the point of interest to you. Add a data label with either of the addins: XY Chartlabeler from www.appspro.com or Chart Tools from www.j-walk.com -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <D4AE9776-...

one bar two colors?
I'm doing a simple bar chart, sales per year for the past 5 years, for this year I want the bar to be two colors, one color showing actual year-to-date and the rest another color for projected sales. how could I do this? Column A has years. Column B has actual data, whole year up to last year, and YTD for this year. Column C has blanks except for projected sales minus YTD for this year. Make a stacked column chart with these three columns. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ ...

recipient policy stopped working

Bar chart
Hi - I am trying to get the country name (Y axis) in the bar instead of on the axis so it takes up less space. any ideas on how I can do this? Here is a file http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43e94f79meb1edd2e/bc/temp/chart+file.xls?BCAcD3EBwMcEneWy Thanks, Randhir Double click the bars, and on the Data Labels tab, choose one of the options shown, presumably Show Categories. Then double click on the labels to adjust their positions, and on the axis to hide the existing category labels (Patterns tab: None for tick labels). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custo...

Stop all macros
I have a button on a form, which should do different things depending on 1. The data contained within the current record; 2. Whether the current record is a 'new record'; 3. Whether the current record is the first record in the form. On click, an embedded macro is initiated. Each step in the embedded macro has a condition and a corresponding 'RunMacro' action. All the conditions are mutually exclusive, and each sub-macro has a final step of 'StopAllMacros'. So the embedded macro should trigger one, and only one sub-macro. However, it appears that what is act...

Stopping the scroll bar
Hi all, this is my first time. I don't know if this is the right place for this problem but here I go. I have created a template of an invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in print view. Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code that I would need to achieve such task. Thanks in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with <Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom,...

Stopping a Campaign Temporarily
Hi, My client has executed the campaign in Jan 1st 2006 and the end date is Dec 31st 2006. But he wants to stop the campaign temporarily from 15th July 2006 and again start it from 1st Aug 2006. So what is that I need to do for this thing, i have never come across this kind of situation before. Thanks in advance. Regards, Shabbir. ...

Navigation Bar #2
I have a web page www.thespiceoflifecafe.com, and I have been updating for months now, Monday I updated with 2 new pages, and now none of the Nav Links work. I deleted the Nav bar and put a new one in, still no luck. When I Web Page Preview It works but when I upload none of the links work. I am uploading everything each time, so I know it is all there. am using Publisher 2007, HELP!! If you mouseover the links on your navbar and look at the status bar at the bottom of your browser page, you will see that the links are pointing to your local hard drive. This sometimes happens when yo...

Would you stop for a moment?!
Excuse me!! Would you stop for a moment?! O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself ? Who has made it? Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?! Have you seen a wonderful,delicate work without a worker ?! It's you and the whole universe!.. Who has made them all ?!! You know who ?.. It's "ALLAH",prise be to him. Just think for a moment. How are you going to be after death ?! Can you believe that this exact system of the universe and all of these great creation will end in in nothing...just after death! Have you thought, for a second, How to save you...

Updating Progress Bar for individual actions
I have a progress a bar which updates on the completion of all operations on each sheet .. now i need to modify it in such a way that it has to update on each operation ..i want to keep track of progress bar for every operation.... vicky;567766 Wrote: > I have a progress a bar which updates on the completion of all > operations on each sheet .. now i need to modify it in such a way that > it has to update on each operation ..i want to keep track of progress > bar for every operation.... What kind of progress bar - one you made yourself? What version of Excel? Some of...

Stop
I have two items in my register, one a transfer to my bank and another a deposited item. I made one bank deposit for the combined amount. When it cleared, I matched it against the two items and all seemed fine. Problem is that every day Money shows the item again as an unmatched item and I have to delete it constantly. I realise this system isn't to well written, but is there any way to have this not show up. After all it was matched and accepted once. In microsoft.public.money, John Barnes wrote: >I have two items in my register, one a transfer to my bank and another a &g...

how do you stop spam?
I'm taking care of a Windows NT Server (4) with Exchange 5.5 SP2 installed. We have around 40 employees in the company and they have been complaining about spam. Desktops are running Outlook 2000. Is there a way to stop spam without installing a third party software? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. there is an open source one available. i think it is on sourceforge.net. search for smtp. mike "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ujtLb2riEHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm taking care of a Windows NT Server (4) with Exchange 5.5 SP2...

Sending and Receiving Email stops after installing Exchange 2003 SP1
I've installed Exchange 2003 SP1 and sending and receiving email has stopped. All services are running. Messages seem to be in the local delivery queue. Any suggestions? Thanks. I've been fighting the same thing. Users get -- 800ccc0f or 8004210 Machine is DC, running ADC --- HELP ! ! ! Hi Dan Had same problem, try to stop all Exchange and web (IIS especialy) manualy. ' Then reinstalle PS1, it solved my problem. Carsten "Dan" <dslaby.no2spam@evergreeninfo.biz> wrote in message news:<Ov0nh5DREHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>... > I've install...

How can I stop all numeric entries from being devided by 100?
In a new and existing sheets, all numeric entries are being devided by 100. Tools-Options-Edit-Enable automatic percent entry is turned off. go to tools-options-edit and uncheck "fixed decimal places" Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E7AFFC7-F58F-4691-8F98-30CF105D5C28@microsoft.com... > In a new and existing sheets, all numeric entries are being devided by > 100. > Tools-Options-Edit-Enable automatic percent entry is turned off. Tools>Options>Edit, uncheck the Fixed decimal box -...

Increase width of cell names in formula bar
I am hoping that someone here might know how to increase the width of the cell names in the Formula Bar in Excel. I am running Excel 2003 and have many cell references/names that are 30 or more characters in length. The drop-down list is only approx. 12 characters wide, so I don't see much of the cell names. Usually the names differ in the final few characters, rather than in the initial characters, so this is a real problem. I would like to "trade" some of the space used to display the contents of the cell, making it narrower so that I can have a wider display of the c...

Hotmail accts stopped working?
My Hotmail accts stopped working in Outlook Express 6 and regular Outlook (XP first, then I upgraded to 2003 beta 2) about a month ago. OE says "Authorization Required" but the password is definitely correct since I access the accts daily via the web on the same machine. Maybe something screwed up in the registry or possibly an encryption DLL... anyone have any ideas? thanks! -- ---------------------------------- To follow the path: look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master, become the master. - Ancient Zen poem that is th...