Stop displaying a line

I have a line graph/chart and it gets its values using a formula and the values of another column. However this poses a problem because if there is nothing in the targetted column the formula returns 0 cause the line to drop to the bottom, instead of casuing the line to just end until a value is added to the target column. How can I do this?
0
Jerez_z (1)

Change your formula to use NA() if the cell is empty. For example:

     =IF(A1="",NA(),A1)

To hide the resulting #N/A errors on the worksheet, you can use
conditional formatting. There are instructions here:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Errors

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

stops responding

Incorrect date in line chart in Excel.
I'm having difficulty with a line chart. I've got two ranges of numbers of two types of calls (from 1972 through 2004) that goes up from 50 to 7700. My chart's Y axis has automatically decided to show from 0 to 16,000. On the chart itself, my data placement starts at about 6,000 (for both 24 “F” calls and 649 “M” calls in the year 1972) and goes up to a point above 14,000 (for a figure that should only be just above 7000). I've tried to change the scale of my Y axis, but when I am able to so (2 out of 5 times) my data then goes off the chart. So I've looked at m...

Drawing a line
I have a string of 256 numbers ranging in value from 0 to 255. Lets say I want to draw a horizontal Red 256 point line of these points with each point a shade of red equal to the value of each point. I created a picture box which will accommodate the length of this line called IDC_PIC1 How do I do this in a Visual C++ 6 MFC App. Thanks in advance. In your control's OnPaint, you can select a pen (use CPen) of whatever color you want and use methods like LineTo, MoveTo to draw lines between two points on the device context thats passed to you in OnPaint. Look at related samples at codep...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

how to display properties
Hi there, I want to show one of the user defined properties in the Text Box of a shape. How can I do this? Have a nice time Bruno Instert -> Field - choose the field for the a custom field i.g. User.Row_1 "bruno storz" <bruno_storz@gmx.de> wrote in message news:bictaq$g1d$07$1@news.t-online.com... > Hi there, > > I want to show one of the user defined properties in the Text Box of a > shape. > > How can I do this? > > Have a nice time > > Bruno > > Hi there, I did so, however I do not find an entry in the custom field like User....

Mixed cell displays--values and formulas showing on same worksheet
I the same sheet of the same workbook, some of my cells are displaying the value (for calculated values), whilst others are displaying the formula. Originally, only the values were displaying. I don't know what I did to get this...I think the green indicator appeared on one of my cells, and when I clicked on it I chose one of the options it displayed. How do I get all my cells to appear consistently again? This is Excel 2007 Try pressing ONCE the keys combination: CTRL + TILDE [TILDE is the ~ key] Micky "Compu Geek" wrote: > I the same sheet of...

recipient policy stopped working

How do I merge 3 lines of text to show in one row?
I am doing a family history excel document. One row should have approx. 3 lines of info, however, I can only get one row of info to show. When I dclick that row the info shows but when I print or do a print preview only one line of info shows. I have merged the cells in that row. It sounds like you need to select Wrap Text from the Alignment tab of the Format Cells dialog and/or increase the height of the row to accommodate the numbers of rows of text in the cell. -- Ian -- "pita29" <pita29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3D24CC3-7B38-4461-9B29-6...

Start menu slow to display
Hi, On one of my machines (which have a nearly identical set-up), access to the Start Menu various items is slow (several seconds), with hard disk activity before they display. Since I have 1.5 G of RAM, it is not an issue of lack of memory. What can I do to make XP keep in memory the Start Menu and display it instantly or almost, as on my other machines? Thanks for your pointers. -- John Doue Try this: Adjusting Windows XP Menu Show Delay http://www.lancelhoff.com/adjusting-windows-xp-menu-show-delay/ -- Rey "John Doue" wrote: > Hi, > &g...

Stop all macros
I have a button on a form, which should do different things depending on 1. The data contained within the current record; 2. Whether the current record is a 'new record'; 3. Whether the current record is the first record in the form. On click, an embedded macro is initiated. Each step in the embedded macro has a condition and a corresponding 'RunMacro' action. All the conditions are mutually exclusive, and each sub-macro has a final step of 'StopAllMacros'. So the embedded macro should trigger one, and only one sub-macro. However, it appears that what is act...

Stopping the scroll bar
Hi all, this is my first time. I don't know if this is the right place for this problem but here I go. I have created a template of an invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in print view. Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code that I would need to achieve such task. Thanks in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with <Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom,...

Contract line invoice date changing when line is cancelled
Is there a way to keep the contract line invoice date from changing to the cancelled "as of" date when cancelling a contract line? We bill in advance and would like the invoice date to remain as is. Example: inv dt: 12/1/06 coverage dates: 12/1/06 - 12/31/06 After cancelling the line as of 12/14/06: inv dt: 12/14/06 coverage dates: 12/1/06 - 12/14/06 ...

Stopping a Campaign Temporarily
Hi, My client has executed the campaign in Jan 1st 2006 and the end date is Dec 31st 2006. But he wants to stop the campaign temporarily from 15th July 2006 and again start it from 1st Aug 2006. So what is that I need to do for this thing, i have never come across this kind of situation before. Thanks in advance. Regards, Shabbir. ...

IE 6/ActiveX assert in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305
Hello, I have a problem with an ActiveX inside a web page. A random ASSERT in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305 occours during a GetDC first call. It's seems wnd handle is still NULL (it begin valid immediatly after). If I retard calling putting a button in html page it work. CDC* COleControl::GetDC(LPCRECT lprcRect, DWORD dwFlags) { ASSERT((m_hWnd != NULL) || (m_bInPlaceSiteWndless && m_bInPlaceActive)); ..... This problem occours random (more times on faster machines and in release mode) and just on "init" time on my control. Probably my control does this operation in ...

Would you stop for a moment?!
Excuse me!! Would you stop for a moment?! O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself ? Who has made it? Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?! Have you seen a wonderful,delicate work without a worker ?! It's you and the whole universe!.. Who has made them all ?!! You know who ?.. It's "ALLAH",prise be to him. Just think for a moment. How are you going to be after death ?! Can you believe that this exact system of the universe and all of these great creation will end in in nothing...just after death! Have you thought, for a second, How to save you...

CSV file displaying ###### instead of $nn,nnn
Hi I used PHP's 'fgetcsv' (http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.fgetcsv.php) to write data to a ..csv file. The data pretty much formatted when I opened it in 'Context' (http://www.context.cx/) but when opened in Excel 2003, one column which contains data like *"$105,138"* is showing as *########*. When the cell is hovered over it shows *$105,138* in the tip but shows *105138* in the top textbox (the one next to fx label) How do I 'tell' Excel to display *$105,138* instead of *########* ? Thanks -- anjanesh Freelance Developer --------------------...

Setting every text object in a detail line to bold.
I want to set all the text objects in the detail line to bold depending on a condition of one of those objects. For example, If txtExpired.Text <> "Current" Then txtExpired.FontBold = 1 : txtName.FontBold = 1 'etc. Else: txtExpired.FontBold = 0 : txtName.FontBold = 1 'etc. End If My question: Is there a syntax, of the form "For all objects in detail" that allows me to bold every text box in the detail line without setting each FontBold to 1 individually? If this is a Continuous form or datasheet, setting the properties like tha...

Restored emails only display html code, How to read correctly?
After a data loss the users .pst files were restored, and now any of the restored emails open but show the complete html code for the email body. Outlook 2003 will not pick this up and display it correctly using the Word editor. All new emails received after the restore are displaying properly. Opening, reading, forwarding the email just shows the complete text starting <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=us-ascii"> <META content="MSHTML 6.0...

Print grid lines #2
Is it possible to configure Excel XP to always print the grid lines without having to select this option each time a new spreadsheet is created using Page Setup Hi Stephen, You could set up both a book.xlt and a sheet.xlt (templates) with the things that you want. The book template will be used for new workbooks and the sheet template for adding new worksheets. Templates, book.xlt, sheet.xlt ... http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/template.htm - --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritc...

Stop
I have two items in my register, one a transfer to my bank and another a deposited item. I made one bank deposit for the combined amount. When it cleared, I matched it against the two items and all seemed fine. Problem is that every day Money shows the item again as an unmatched item and I have to delete it constantly. I realise this system isn't to well written, but is there any way to have this not show up. After all it was matched and accepted once. In microsoft.public.money, John Barnes wrote: >I have two items in my register, one a transfer to my bank and another a &g...

how do you stop spam?
I'm taking care of a Windows NT Server (4) with Exchange 5.5 SP2 installed. We have around 40 employees in the company and they have been complaining about spam. Desktops are running Outlook 2000. Is there a way to stop spam without installing a third party software? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. there is an open source one available. i think it is on sourceforge.net. search for smtp. mike "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ujtLb2riEHA.1140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm taking care of a Windows NT Server (4) with Exchange 5.5 SP2...

Sending and Receiving Email stops after installing Exchange 2003 SP1
I've installed Exchange 2003 SP1 and sending and receiving email has stopped. All services are running. Messages seem to be in the local delivery queue. Any suggestions? Thanks. I've been fighting the same thing. Users get -- 800ccc0f or 8004210 Machine is DC, running ADC --- HELP ! ! ! Hi Dan Had same problem, try to stop all Exchange and web (IIS especialy) manualy. ' Then reinstalle PS1, it solved my problem. Carsten "Dan" <dslaby.no2spam@evergreeninfo.biz> wrote in message news:<Ov0nh5DREHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>... > I've install...