Stock Market Challenge

Hi,

I have been delegated the task of running a share competition at work
I want to get the process fully automated.

Is there a way of building a workbook that imports all the stock marke
data, then have each team on a separate worksheet that is passwor
protected.

Each team can update their portfolio on their sheet and it will use th
stock market data to adjust accordingly.

I hope you get what I mean! Has anyone done this before, or know how
should go about setting it up?

Many thanks,

Mark

--
mevett

mevetts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2913
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50162

You can goto yahoo groups xltraders and download a free file of mine to get
quotes. Look under donaldb36 as the author.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

> Hi,
>
> I have been delegated the task of running a share competition at work.
> I want to get the process fully automated.
>
> Is there a way of building a workbook that imports all the stock market
> data, then have each team on a separate worksheet that is password
> protected.
>
> Each team can update their portfolio on their sheet and it will use the
> stock market data to adjust accordingly.
>
> I hope you get what I mean! Has anyone done this before, or know how I
> should go about setting it up?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Mark.
>

> --
> mevetts

> mevetts's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29130
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501624

0
dguillett1 (2487)
1/16/2006 1:38:09 PM
I have downloaded a file called - 'YahooMultipleQuotes'

Is that the right one? Is there a way of getting it to pull data fro
the london stock exchange

--
mevett

mevetts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2913
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50162

I have downloaded a file called - 'YahooMultipleQuotes'

Is that the right one? Is there a way of getting it to pull data fro
the london stock exchange

--
mevett

mevetts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2913
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50162

I don't know. Give me a url. Send an email to my address with a good email
for you.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

> I have downloaded a file called - 'YahooMultipleQuotes'
>
> Is that the right one? Is there a way of getting it to pull data from
> the london stock exchange?
>

> --
> mevetts

> mevetts's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29130
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501624

0
dguillett1 (2487)
1/16/2006 5:07:53 PM
Hi,

I've shelved the idea of building my own spreadsheet and am going to
use an online virtual stock exchange.

Thanks anyway,

Mark.

--
mevetts

mevetts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29130
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501624

I custom design financial spreadsheets

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

> Hi,
>
> I've shelved the idea of building my own spreadsheet and am going to
> use an online virtual stock exchange.
>
> Thanks anyway,
>
> Mark.
>

> --
> mevetts

> mevetts's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29130
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501624

0
dguillett1 (2487)
1/17/2006 8:46:53 PM
I don't, hence this alternative approach. Far less work for me

--
mevett

mevetts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2913
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50162

M2004: Can a money market fund be changed to regular mutual fund?
My retirement plan (TSP for Govt employees) used a system of providing quarterly valuations. I handled this by creating an investment called CFund which I declared to be a money market type, with it's share value always at 1.00. Now TSP is doing daily valuation, with the CFund being treated like a mutual fund (it is indexed to S&P500). How do I change the "CFund" that I had set to be a MM fund to be a "regular" mutual fund? Thanks. -- Aloke --- to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com In microsoft.public.money, Aloke Prasad wrote: >My re...

Updating stocks
After about a year of working fine, Money 2003 has suddenly stopped updating 2 stocks in a 10 stock portfolio. The stocks both still exist and Yahoo updates them instantly. What do I have to do to get 2003 to resume updating? Thanks in advance. -- SFF Which Stocks? What are the symbols you're using? Does MSN Money (http://money.msn.com) recognize them? -Mark "igorx" <igorx@cox.net> wrote in message news:Y1Btb.1320$vJ6.226@fed1read05... > After about a year of working fine, Money 2003 has suddenly stopped updating > 2 stocks in a 10 stock portfolio. The stoc...

Stock Quotes download to Money 2004
Unable to download MSN money quotes to Money 2004 portfolio. Call runs, may or may not complete,update status changes, but stock prices don't change. Same result with 2002, two different ISP's, with Norton Internet Security Disabled or not, Firewall disabled or not. On XP-home. No synchronization Base Articles re 2004 vs MSN Money. Started 3/4 months ago with 2002, continued with 2004, gradually getting worse until now almost never updates. Call summary always says error, money could not connect to online quotes server. RE- base articles 312818, 276018 sound good but have n...

Stock commission is greater than proceeds of stock sale.
I recently sold 2000 shares of stock for $0.0001 per share. Gross proceeds were $0.20. Commissions for the sale were $29.95. Net proceeds were -$29.75. I tried to enter this into Money 2004 and it will not allow negative proceeds of a stock sale. How should I record this sale? In microsoft.public.money, go3049 wrote: >I recently sold 2000 shares of stock for $0.0001 per share. Gross proceeds >were $0.20. Commissions for the sale were $29.95. Net proceeds were >-$29.75. I tried to enter this into Money 2004 and it will not allow >negative proceeds of a stock sale. ...

Graphing A Time Series OF Stocks
My data looks like so: Stock TradePrice TradeVolume ExecutionDateTime EFG 5.2 8 2:40:04 PM EFG 5.5 8 2:40:02 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:01 PM EFG 5.3 10 2:40:01 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:00 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:00 PM ABC 1.5 4 2:31:17 PM ABC 1.6 ...

a challenge
I have seen this problem but I have never seen anyone correctly address it. Now I have finally encountered it. How do I delete an undefined name in MS Excel? The name is invalid; it contains undefined characters. I have posted a typical reply to this problem but again, no one has been able to solve it. (followup to private e-mail exchange) My original response incorrectly assumed that the "illegal" characters were in the RefersTo reference, not the Name reference itself. Bad assumption. Jeff: 1) After working with your actual file, I don't think its possible to ...

Stock Market Challenge
Hi, I have been delegated the task of running a share competition at work I want to get the process fully automated. Is there a way of building a workbook that imports all the stock marke data, then have each team on a separate worksheet that is passwor protected. Each team can update their portfolio on their sheet and it will use th stock market data to adjust accordingly. I hope you get what I mean! Has anyone done this before, or know how should go about setting it up? Many thanks, Mark -- mevett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mevetts...

How to record a stock award
My company started giving out stock awards instead of stock options. How should these be recorded in Money (using 2004)? I have put it in as a stock option, when they "vest" they are sold and taxes are taken out. How do you record the transaction so that the taxes are shown as withheld? Thanks. Michelle ...

thick stock legal sized paper printing... How?
I am unable to have the setting stick to legal sized thick stock paper... could anyone please advise how to do so? Do you want legal as the default? What version Publisher? 2007 is a little trickier. Are you setting up your printer to legal first and then the page setup? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Myiatrou" <Myiatrou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C30D22B5-2907-4910-AF69-74E6945E1806@microsoft.com... >I am unable to have the setting stick to legal sized thick stock paper......

How do I get real time stock quotes to my excel worksheet?
I would like to be able to get realtime stock quotes to an excel worksheet. I can receive quotes from moneycentral but they are delay 15 to 20 minutes. Please, advice me on how to get that service. Thanks, Walter walter wrote: > I would like to be able to get realtime stock quotes to an excel worksheet. I > can receive quotes from moneycentral but they are delay 15 to 20 minutes. > Please, advice me on how to get that service. > > Thanks, > > Walter There is a small group on Yahoo devoted to using Excel to do various stock market tricks. You can find it at: ht...

stock transfer
transferring an amount from one mutual fund to another within the same fund family. so its just like a transfer from your saving account to your checking account within the same bank. what is the correct way to document this transaction, just a typical sell and credit to cash contributions and then a buy with the new fund? I only ask because there is not "transfer shares" choice Thank You in advance In microsoft.public.money, wildwood178 wrote: >transferring an amount from one mutual fund to another within the same fund >family. >so its just like a transfer from your...

Online Stock Trading Guide and How the Stock Market Works #2
Here you can learn more about investing, and some specifics about trading . You'll also find a wide range of investing products and services to help you plan toward financial independence - however you define it. http://flying-rugs.com/stock-market/ ...

stock on hand by lot number
any idea how to get the stock qty on hand per lot number? Inquiry >> Inventory >> Lots Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "hlv" wrote: > any idea how to get the stock qty on hand per lot number? > > You can also run the stock status report and include lot numbers. It's a 'point in time' report so you can't run it historically, but would give you the current on hand quantity by lot number. "Brenner Klenzman" wrote: > Inquiry >> Inventory >> Lots > > Brenner > -- > www.KlenzmanConsulting.com &g...

My own stock chart with open/close same level?
I have made my own stock chart (or candle chart) with high,low,open close... When my open and close are at the same level... I just get a line for the highs and lows but no "body" to my candle... how can I get some sort of indication where the open and the close simotaneously happened? Any thoughts are appreciated Try this approach instead: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/StockChartsAndLineChartTricks.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

New Circular Mult-arrow shapes for Marketing Diagrams
Hi Folks, After seeing the request numerous times in these forums to add more than five arrows to the Circular Arrow shape, I've given in and developed some new ones for your enjoyment. I've created six masters that improve upon the old one. There are three styles of arrowheads, and the shapes can have up to 20 arrows! You'll find them here: http://www.wanderkind.com/visio/2006/10/shapes-circular-multi-arrows.html http://www.wanderkind.com/visio -- Cheers, Chris Roth Visio MVP ...

Automatically adding stocks to Stock Alerts?
I've got Money 2004, and have several investment accounts setup. I want to add all the stocks in those accounts to stock alerts. It lets me add my "MSN Stock List" which adds the stocks that I have listed on my home page on the Money Web site. Is there any automatic way to get it to add all the stocks I have in an account in Money? Thanks, Dan ...

Stock Status Report and Historical Stock Status Report
Hello: I have been doing some experimentation, and I want to confirm this. If FIFO Perpetual or LIFO Perpetual is being used, the Unit Cost on the Stock Status Report equals the Current Cost as it appears in the Item Maintenance card. But, on the Historical Stock Status Report, the Unit Cost is the Current Cost from the purchased receipts layer according to the inventory valuation method. Are these two statements correct? And, if so, I am surprised that any report including the Stock Status Report reflects Current Cost exactly as it is from Item Maintenance. I have always understoo...

Stock and Stock Fund
I have both Alcoa stock and money in a 401k Alcoa Stock Fund. The Stock Fund share price is not the same as the Alcoa stock. I tried renaming one and Money 2003 renames the othe as well. Is there any way to set these up to be able to have separate share prices. I removed the ticker symbol from one and Money removes it from the other. In microsoft.public.money, C. Zuck wrote: >I have both Alcoa stock and money in a 401k Alcoa Stock >Fund. The Stock Fund share price is not the same as the >Alcoa stock. I tried renaming one and Money 2003 renames >the othe as well. Is...

A challenge for a real Excel Expert (Bob Phillips for instance)
Dear Bob, Thank you very much for your quick and useful reply. Using your formula below I was able to get the relevant data on a seperate column and use that column as a source for my drop-down list (validation). The problem, however, is that I have 25 rows to fill and therefore I need to use your fomula 25 times to define 25 different columns as source for each row. Since I am not able to attach files here I sent you an e-mail to your address (bob.phillips@tiscali.co.uk). I hope you got it. If not please let me know and I will send it to you again. In this e-mail I have attached an ex...

Stock lookup
Hi I want to do a web query, how do I get a the current price for a certain ticker symbol. Ticker symbol is in cell A1 Price should output in cell A2 The ticker symbol is updated? Any ideas THanks for your help Jeff wrote: > Hi > > I want to do a web query, > how do I get a the current price for a certain ticker symbol. > > Ticker symbol is in cell A1 > Price should output in cell A2 > > The ticker symbol is updated? > Any ideas > > THanks for your help ------------------------------- There's a group devoted to Excel issues with stock tradin...

Backorder for item never stocked
Good day all, Does anyone have a suggestion on creating a backorder (or work order) for a product that has never been stocked. IE: Customer wants to buy Product XYZ but we have never had that in our inventory. What would be the best way to handle this? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Steve First, use Work Orders not Back Orders. Second, create a non-inventory item (or several) to use for special orders. Something like SPECIAL or SO-DEPT where you create an item for each department. I have created a macro that does the following: Ctrl-F2 (Work Order), Shift-F9 (Detai...

Downloading stock prices automatically
How can I download stock prices automatically (say from Yahoo) into Excel 2002? Thanks. Hi, Select a cell where you want the table to start and then Data|Import external data|New web query. Paste the address of the Yahoo site into the window that's appeared and click GO. Select the table you want to import and click Import. Back on the worksheet right-click the table to set up the refresh frequency. Mike "crossfool" wrote: > How can I download stock prices automatically (say from Yahoo) into Excel > 2002? Thanks. > ...

How do I record taxes when exercising a stock option
When following the directions for exercising a stock option, I don't see anyway to record the taxes (federal and state) that were withheld when I exercised the option. There is a field (when selecting the Exercise & Sell activity) for recording Commission, but nothing for taxes. Since my paychecks are setup so that whatever taxes are withheld are recorded in Tax accounts (and so enables me to monitor whether I'm having enough taxes withheld through the tax reports), I'd like to be able to do the same thing when I record the exercise of a stock option. Any thoughts? S...

Stock Symbols Again
Cal: If you respond to this I know you are going to get sick of me but lets try again...please... I have set up one single investment account in Money. I called it "Art's Portfolio." In the portfolio I have several mutual funds. Two are identical (with the same stock symbol) except one is an IRA. I call them Fund XXX and Fund XXX (IRA). Money will only allow me to enter a symbol for Fund XXX. Whenever I try to enter a symbol for the IRA version the software tells me the symbol is already being used. Do you (or does anybody) have a solution? Thanks for your patienc...

stock count/ stock adjustment
is there a report that shows the stock count and if there may be an overage or under amount from what the count should be. we have this as an add part of our mobility bundle Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm = = = = = = = "Andaiye" <Andaiye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:828D004F-39D0-488A-9E02-1F1033620FE3@microsoft.com... > is there a report that shows the stock count and if there may be an > overage > or under amount from what the count should be. there is no kind of report that does any kind of stock count or stock t...