startup options #2

I'm trying to set my startup options and having troubles.
As I understand it, I setup all my formatting, toolbars, etc. and save it as
a template in my XLSTART folder, saved as 'BOOK.XLT'

It's not working. I still get an Euro Toolbar popping up evertime I open
Excel.

What am I doing wrong?
thanks

0
shank (44)

The Euro toolbar is a Add-in I believe
Look under Tools>Add-ins and see if it is in the list

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)

"shank" <shank@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:ugUqTBu1DHA.832@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> I'm trying to set my startup options and having troubles.
> As I understand it, I setup all my formatting, toolbars, etc. and save it as
> a template in my XLSTART folder, saved as 'BOOK.XLT'
>
> It's not working. I still get an Euro Toolbar popping up evertime I open
> Excel.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
> thanks

0
rondebruin (3789)
1/9/2004 7:12:38 PM
shank

The Euro Toolbar is from the add-in Euro Currency Tools as Ron suggests.

For the record, Toolbar and Menu settings are saved in an *.XLB file not in
the BOOK.XLT file.

BOOK.XLT has formatting setup as you state.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 13:42:23 -0500, "shank" <shank@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to set my startup options and having troubles.
>As I understand it, I setup all my formatting, toolbars, etc. and save it as
>a template in my XLSTART folder, saved as 'BOOK.XLT'
>
>It's not working. I still get an Euro Toolbar popping up evertime I open
>Excel.
>
>What am I doing wrong?
>thanks

0
Gord

Custom border using art #2
I have an image that publisher does allow me to use as a custom border. I would like the image to rotate 90 degrees on the vertical sides. Is this possible. I do not wish to line up mutiple images around the document. I have publisher 2003, small business ed, running on XP. ...

crm token #2
some times i track an email in crm sent it to a customer- i got the customer repaly to the mail but i dont see the traking icon in the replay message and it seemed to be un tracked but if i go to the customer history i see his replay inside the history further more if i press track in crm to his replay he'll give me directly the regarding field filled with this customer have some body an idia about this see this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929385/en-us try to install rollup update 2 and it will work. -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blo...

Excel Document of 2.5mb takes up to 20min to open up
Finally I have found the cure, basically it was caused by a corrupted EMF file which used up to 100% of a CPU and the Spooler is in a never ending loop. Fix: 1) Do a search for *.emf files (they will be found in the Temp directory) 2) If there are any then this is probably the cause - delete them all 3) Boot to an alternate install of NT and delete the *.shd and *.spl file from the Spool folder. 4) If you have a multi-processor, you can pause the printer and delete the files. After deleting all the *.emf files, which took me almost 15min (20000 files) I tested the Excel doc and it opened up...

Startup form selection based on Group permission Options
Hello Group, I have an application that I would like to select the startup form the user sees based on the permissions of their user group. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

RMS 2.0 and PC Charge
Is anyone using PC Charge Pro with RMS 2.0? I haven't been able to get any answers from Verifone as to certification with RMS 2.0. Does PC Charge Pro support the AVS function in RMS or does it do it itself? I'm changing Merchants and the new one requires using PC Charge Pro. Thanks, TomT Funny thing... I have basically the same question. Our MS VAR told me to check with PCCharge (Verifone) . VeriFone told me "They (MS RMS) test their versions with our software and keep a list of which is compatible. If you are using the newer version of RMS then I would say 5.7.1I SP...

threads #2
I have a server/client application that communicates using threads. The server class uses a while loop inside a thread to wait for new connections in accept state, like this: var a = new var( ); while( (server.Accept(connection)) ) { ...... ...... } I have declared a variable (var) right before this loop which uses memory. I want to free/delete this variable at the end of the while loop, but the control never reaches there. How can I make sure that this variable gets deleted before the server side exits? Thanks. Jessica Jessica Weiner wrote: > I have a server/client applicatio...

vlookup with 2 columns?
Hello, I am doing a VLOOKUP which is working nicely, but I had this idea where the user could specify in the sheet data from 1 column and then data from another column and where you have both in the row I would get other data in the row. Is there anyway of doing that? E.g. if the data was like I have laid out below and the user specified A1 and X2 I could get at the data 20 or 21 but I wouldn't want the row before that. A1 X1 10 11 A1 X2 20 21 B1 Y1 11 22 B2 Y2 22 33 Thanks. Bn If the data to return is numeric as is demonstrated in your sample *and* the combination of A1+X2 is un...

publisher 2003 will not insert MS clipart #2
Error message - Publisher cannot insert this picture into the publication. The appropriate graphic converter is not available. For information on running Setup to install converters, press F1. "Pub 2003 will not insert MS cliipart" wrote: > Error message - Publisher cannot insert this picture into the publication. > The appropriate graphic converter is not available. For information on > running Setup to install converters, press F1. p.s. to this message, F1 provides no information and I already cleared cache in IE tools. Did not work. Clipart will not insert. &qu...

Multi-lingual options
Hello fellow newsgroupies, I am writing an application which must support multiple languages (text in menus, controls, dialogs etc). Ideally the ability to change from one language to the other should be available at run-time but if that isn't possile then compile-time will have to do. What is the best way to do this? Many thanks, 'Newsgroupie' Hi, You would have to define what "best" means. In short, the official way gives a very thorough job at a high cost. It is possible to cut many corners to provide reduced thoroughness at less cost. In order to say where c...

CColorDialog #2
I am trying to work with the CColorDialog in an MFC app and everything is going fine, except I would like to change the title of the dialog so that instead of "Color" I make it say what I want it to say. Seemed easy enough to do, but no. Not much info on the web unless I am searching for the wrong kinds of info. Of course, it derives from CWnd, so I tried SetWindowText(), but that failed and I assume it is because the handle to the color dialog doesnt exist until you call DoModal(). Thus the call to setting the window text fails because there is no window. So, what are th...

how can I hide sort ascending and sort descending options in the .

outlook at startup?
Is there an option in Outlook 2003 to have it open at startup, or do you just have to put it in the Startup group? Also, can you have it start up minimized? -- John Salerno Put it in your startup folder and edit the shortcut to have it start minimized. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John Salerno asked: | Is there an option in Outlook 2003 to ...

Data migration
Hi, I saved the Data Migration Framework upgrade from 1.0 to 1.2 in a separate folder than the other DMF files. I ran the CRM1.2-KB831202-Migration-ENU.exe file, but then when I run the Microsoft.Crm.DataMigration.CDFMigrationTool.exe tool it still says the following in the logs: "The version of the CDF database you are attempting to use does not match the version of your Microsoft CRM database." However, when I try to re-rerun the CRM1.2-KB831202-Migration-ENU.exe file again, I get the following message box: "A version of this update is already installed on this compu...

Startup error
Hello freinds, one of our users complained that everytime he launches Excel an error message " cannot use object linking and embedding" pops up. We are currently using office xp with sp2. Please help. Happy Holidays Chow Were they hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few time...

outlook 2002 #2
I was reading in the new Consumer Reports about spam. It said to disable the preview pane to prevent the spam from reporting to its sender that you received it. I am using the preview pane in Outlook 2002 is this information correct? Sammy Castagna Read receipt request is something that gets generated by the client when you read a message. I believe if you select the check box that prevents the preview pane from marking the message as read, then it will prevent the read receipt request from being generated. "Sammy Castagna" <sammycastagna@hotmail.com> wrote in message n...

If loop for values #2
Thanks all. I did not realise that both forums where linked :eek: Please accept both my sincere apologies and thanks :- -- BravoGol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BravoGolf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1475 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26377 ...

Server Error in '/' Application #2
After meticulously following the installation instructions included with the MS CRM CD, I have run into the following error that I'm hoping someone can shed some light on: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Access is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ApplicationE...

two =if(xyaz,lki) conditions help #2
=IF(O14>1000000000,"DUAL VP",IF(O14>500000000,"VP", IF (O14>100000000,"AVP", "OFFICER"))) I what above condition to be true only when Cell A1 is selected "OUT" and I want OFFICER to appear when "IN" is selected regardless of amount. There will be another if but I have no idea how to set it up. Help will be appreaciated. Try =IF(A1="OUT",IF(O14>1000000000,"DUAL VP",IF(O14>500000000,"VP", IF(O14>100000000,"AVP", "OFFICER"))),IF(A1="IN","OFFICER&qu...

Object Explorer doesn't connect to server specified at startup
Hi Everybody, I'm constantly trying to shrink regular responsibilities into a single- click icon. Want me to check the server's hard drive size? I've got a script that gets hard drive space and sends a text report via SQL mail; all I need to do is click the SQLCMD batch file on my desktop. When starting SQL Server Management Studio (2005), I don't want to specify my server name, login, password, or the database I need; I prefer to run my desktop batch file that contains the following command: SqlWb.exe -E -S myservername -d testdb -nosplash This gets me into...

Can I switch off "Grammar" options in Word 2007 yet keep Spelling
I miss the simple Tools/Options facility in Word 2007 using Vista Ultimate, is it "hidden" somewhere? -- Rufus You will find a similar set of options if you click the pizza (office) button top left of your Word 2007 screen and select Word Options. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>><...

only showing Switchboard on startup
I would like only the main switchboard to be visible on start-up but at the moment a "Contacts list" form (inherited from the Contacts template in Access 2007) appears on a second tab (I'm not at ths stage of wanting it full-screen yet - though that will come). I have followed the instructions found on the boards: Office button > Access Options > Current database but there isn't anything that I can see related to startup. In Display Form, I have selected "Switchboard" from the drop down list but can't see any way of unselecting Contacts ...

Outlook Email Help: selecting Voting button option from excel VBA
Hi All, I had a question about sending email from excel. I know we can set certain properties of outlook from excel such as "Send Receipt" ect.. But can we set an voting button option from excel? I am able to send the voting buttons through excel by doing: ..VotingOptions = "Accept;Reject" But There is an option "Have Replies Sent To" in Voting Buttons section which I want checked everytime as I want the voting responses sent to the person who requested the vote AND to one more person. Is there a way to do this from excel? To select "Hav...

Workflow send e-mail CC optional recipients fails when field empty
When using workflow to send email we want to populate the CC field from an "additional contact" field that is not always populated. When the field is populated in the CRM record, the workflow functions fine. If the "additional contact" field is left empty, workflow fails and remains in an error state. I know I can create additional rules in the workflow to check for the field containing data but it does not seem like the extra work and complexity should be needed. Anyone have any other ideas? Bug? -- Gary Herbstman Byte Solutions, Inc. http://bytesolutions.com ...

change axis values #2
I just can't seem to figure out how to do this. My business group has a web server and they want to include the server up time in their quarterly reports. Basically you can imagine that the numbers are all 99.xx. The graph that they prepared automatically formats the values based upon the values for teh chart...so it looks like the server had a really bad month last month when it was really only down for for momments So...I how do I format the y axis to use the percentage scale of 0 to 100% instead of 99.95% to 100%. That way the chart will give a better (more accurate) present...

How do I set up "Print to OneNote" as a printer option in Win7?
In XP I have a "printer" called "Print to OneNote". I use it for printing files from Explorer which can then be converted to PDF format. It shows as a printer in Control panel. How do I set this up in my new Windows 7 system? I believe that it was just automatically set up with OneNote under XP. I'm using Office 2007 in both XP and 7. Dexter wrote: > In XP I have a "printer" called "Print to OneNote". I use it for > printing files from Explorer which can then be converted to PDF > format. It shows as a printer in Contro...