Startup macro

Is it possible for automatic start of  macro in moment when excel file is
opening.
I mean when I open excel file  specific macro will be immediately automatic
started.

Zeno

0
zg567 (1)

option explicit
sub auto_Open()
  call yourspecificmacronamehere
end sub

--

Dave Peterson
0

Startup form selection based on Group permission Options
Hello Group, I have an application that I would like to select the startup form the user sees based on the permissions of their user group. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

outlook at startup?
Is there an option in Outlook 2003 to have it open at startup, or do you just have to put it in the Startup group? Also, can you have it start up minimized? -- John Salerno Put it in your startup folder and edit the shortcut to have it start minimized. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John Salerno asked: | Is there an option in Outlook 2003 to ...

Phantom Macro
Every time my spreadsheet is opened, a dialog box comes up and ask if macros should be 'enabled' or 'disabled'. There are no macros in this spreadsheet. How do I stop the dialog from appearing? Using Windows XP & Excel 2002. Thanks, Barney You may want to double check for code--it can hide in a few spots. Debra Dalgleish has some instructions at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros Barney wrote: > > Every time my spreadsheet is opened, a dialog box comes up and ask if macros > should be 'enabled' or 'disabled'. There are ...

Object Explorer doesn't connect to server specified at startup
Hi Everybody, I'm constantly trying to shrink regular responsibilities into a single- click icon. Want me to check the server's hard drive size? I've got a script that gets hard drive space and sends a text report via SQL mail; all I need to do is click the SQLCMD batch file on my desktop. When starting SQL Server Management Studio (2005), I don't want to specify my server name, login, password, or the database I need; I prefer to run my desktop batch file that contains the following command: SqlWb.exe -E -S myservername -d testdb -nosplash This gets me into...

troubleshooting exporting Lotus 123 files with macros to Excel 200

macro copy data in one sheet
I have 40 sheets with data in a workbook. I want to copy all the data to one sheet like this: Sheet1 Sheet 2 3 7 4 5 9 8 In sheet 3 3 4 9 7 5 8 Thanks!! See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "1234" <altachicasaudaces@gmail.com> wrote in message news:433d99cc-d7b7-4e2b-9d3c-211e77a74caf@k19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com... >I have 40 sheets with data in a workbook. I want to copy all the data > to one sheet like this: > > S...

Save As Macro
When I regularly receive Excel files, make some changes and then save them in my departments directory for reference. This is an obscure directory that requires file save as, new drive and drilling down several sub- directories. Can I automate the save as by opening up the save as pop up to a particular directory instead of the last one used. I would appreciate any help. Hi If you run this small macro at a time before the manual SaveAs operation, it should start in the spesified folder: Sub PrepareFolder() ChDrive "D:\Sound" ChDir "D:\Sound" End Sub -- HTH. Best...

Recording new excel macro, relative reference button doesn't show
When recording a new macro in excel I want to select the relative reference button in the stop recording box, but the stop recording box does not popup; it's no where to be found. Everything I've read on-line says it just appears, but it doesn't on my system. It works fine on my co-workers machine, and he has the same system as mine. We are both running Windows XP, with excel version 2003. hi, not sure why it isn't popping up on your machine. it does on mine. but you can access it anyway. Tools>customize>toolbar tab>check stop recording scroll down.....

Macro to link Sheets to main workbook
Hi All, I want to link 5 seperate work sheets into one workbook that will update automatically. I have been told this is done with a macro? Anyone have any ideas? Raven. ...

Startup error
Hello freinds, one of our users complained that everytime he launches Excel an error message " cannot use object linking and embedding" pops up. We are currently using office xp with sp2. Please help. Happy Holidays Chow Were they hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few time...

Installing on startup
Everytime I start my computer up I get a windows installer box that tries to install Money 2002. I already have it and I dont know why it keeps doing it. I am running XP. Thanks for your help. >-----Original Message----- >Everytime I start my computer up I get a windows installer >box that tries to install Money 2002. I already have it >and I dont know why it keeps doing it. I am running XP. >Thanks for your help. >. >I have 2004 Standard and have the same problem so if you get the answe please forward to me. Thanks EdC ...

only showing Switchboard on startup
I would like only the main switchboard to be visible on start-up but at the moment a "Contacts list" form (inherited from the Contacts template in Access 2007) appears on a second tab (I'm not at ths stage of wanting it full-screen yet - though that will come). I have followed the instructions found on the boards: Office button > Access Options > Current database but there isn't anything that I can see related to startup. In Display Form, I have selected "Switchboard" from the drop down list but can't see any way of unselecting Contacts ...

Deleting a macro
I am currently not well versed in Macro's for Excel. One thing I'd like to know how to do is delete a Macro that I essentially cannot find. Here's what I did: On an excel sheet I've been working with, went to: >> Tools >> Macro >> Visual Basic Editor. From there I went to Include >> Module [following the steps in Help]. But, I then cancelled out of it by clicking on the close button [the X in top right], and then closed the SpreadSheet [and saved when it asked]. But now when I start up it asks me if I want to enable Macros. When I do enable th...

Outlook XP: how can I force Folder List view on startup?
Hello, Can anyone please tell me how I can force Outlook XP to display the folder list view on startup using a registry key or GPO? The instructions for Outlook 2003 at the WunderBar instructions in the link below don't appear to work: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011182481033.aspx Just completing a migration over the weekend and it'll be confusing for the users if they don't see all their folders straight off on Monday. Thanks, - Alan. You just upgraded your users to a long ago non-supported Office version? WOW! Having said that, what setting are you using r...

Toggle Macro . . .
Greetings, Is it possible to create a toggle macro (in the same code), for exampl I have one Macro button on my sheet where the user would press once an it would hide rows 5-10 and if the user presses the same button agai it would show rows 5-10. Any thoughts? Thanks -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26866 Fable, here is one way Sub Toggle_Rows() With ActiveSheet If R...

Excel 2003 with SP2 locks on startup
I've just loaded Office Professional 2003 (updating from Office XP) and have downloaded the SP2 update pack, but both Excel 2003 and Word 2003 lock up on start-up. It may have something to do with eirther the Virus scanner (Norton's Antivirus 2005 but probably unlikely) or the fact that MS Office Updates won't work as I suspect some of the earlier Windows Installer Patch files may be missing or corrupted from the XP version. I also couldn't uninstall Office XP in the normal manner from Install/Remove programs. Would appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve this. (Not...

Macro #3
I had a macro in a file which I did not need. Even though I deleted it, I am still asked whether I want to enable/disable macros when I open the file. How do I get rid of all references to the macro to prevent this from happening? Excel Help has this topic: Stop checking workbooks for macros that might contain viruses 1 On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab. 2 Clear the Macro virus protection check box. This will work on all your workbooks - not just this one. Hope this helps, Carole >-----Original Message----- >I had a macro in a file which I...

macros: % to $ vice versa, one more que
Thanks McGimpsey. Question: Because I am a novice to VBA, how do I set the macro to only work amongst those target 3 cells, not the entire column ? Meaning, I have tons of other cells filled with other data, but I only want this macro to affect the three selected cells. Jacob (Would you prefer me to send you the document, if I'm being unclear?) "JE McGimpsey" <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote in message news:jemcgimpsey-66E540.20222229082004@msnews.microsoft.com... > One way: > > Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) > Dim vResult A...

Macro keyboard shortcuts in Visio 2000
The subject pretty much says it all: does anyone know if it's possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to a macro in Visio 2000? TIA, Dan. ...

plz help:- a simple macro.
a simple macro. i want to auto fill/copy down the data that is in a2 untill the nex blank.say this is a5. so a2 to a5 is all the same. then it will do the same for the next block of data. A7 to A11 i have about 1000 of these to do, thats why doing it manually is to hard. thanks for any assistance. p.s the numbers is cloumn A are of not any use, so they can be copie over. cheers kev i have included pics to show, before and after. http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid132/p293bb6eeaa519963a0b59f45c4cb942f/f79741ce.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid132/p315791ec00...

How to insert macros?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can't find out how to use Macros in Worrd 2004 for Mac. Help shows me the toolbar for creating a macro, but how do you insert one into the Word document? Let me clarify my term &quot;macro&quot;, in case I'm using the wrong terminology. I'm talking about large blocks of text that I use repeatedly in reports, so that I don't have to cut and paste from other documents. So, if I created a &quot;macro&quot; called &quot;xyz&quot; for a paragraph of text, and I wanted to insert ...

Crashing on startup
Hi, Outlook XP with sp2 installed developed a big problem a couple of days ago - it crashes on startup every time. Outlook loads, and before it can start checking for mail, I get the outlook has to close message. I've tried sending the error to check for a fix, but no fix is available. I didn't make any software changes recently, so I don't know what has changed. Cold boots don't help, same behavior. Help! thanks, Jeff ...

Copying zeros into fields from "copy file" macro
I am inputing data in a workbook in one sheet and linking to a copy of others. The end result, through a copy macro, is that two sheets are copied into a "copy / print" macro that allows for a sorted print of about 25 copies at a time. When we went to use macro, 3 of 25 copies had a zero fill in 1 or two cells. The other 22 copies were OK. Feedback or similar experiences, please? ...

open multiple workbooks at startup
Ever since i ran a macro that opened several workbooks, my Excel always opens the same workbooks. I have searched and deleted all the files that are being opened. Search shows they are in a sub-folder "Application Data", but this folder is not listed in explorer and the files that are opened are not found with a file search. another thing, the open files in Excel options is cleared to blank. How do I stop opening these files when I open another file? Dear Ron, you can find the folder application data if you switch on the view hidden files option in windows it will be in C:...

Macro error 04-20-10
Hi I am trying to record a simple macro where if I press alt+d the location moves 7 "page down" key strokes - about 100 rows. However when I record the macro it resorts back to the line number that my macro originally ended up at 7 keystrokes from the top., even if I am 1500 lines down. How can I resolve this? With thanks Stephen Hi, I'm a bit dubious of statements like > moves 7 "page down" key strokes - about 100 rows. particularly in relation to code which doesn't normally deal in 'abouts', it's generally more precise ...