Starting a new paragraph within a cell

How do you create a line break within a cell? For example, if wanting to list
2 or more items it looks better if each one is printed under the other as a
list.  Or in a comment column when needing to start a new paragraph, again
within the cell.
0
firman (2)

Hi. You can press Alt + Enter to create a line break within a cell.
Kath firman wrote:
> How do you create a line break within a cell? For example, if wanting to list
> 2 or more items it looks better if each one is printed under the other as a
> list.  Or in a comment column when needing to start a new paragraph, again
> within the cell.

----------

At the end of your first line, hit Alt-Enter.

Bill
0
wylie (108)

Starting up on start-up help!

creating new publication
I can't create a new publication. For example when I try to do a calendar and select calendar from the publication type it acts like it is going to open, but then stops and says that publisher has encounteredf a problem and needs to close. I send error report, but nothing changes. What can I do? -- Debbie What does the error say? Click on details in the error box, is there a module or a number error? What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Debbie" <Debbie@discussions.microsoft....

Need advice to start off a project
Hello! I have never really used Excel much but I have had an idea which could make some of the work I do a lot easier. I know Excel is powerful but I don't know the best way to approach it so can anyone out there help me? I make visits to places and record what kind of visit it was on a spreadsheet with the values in each cell being the date. At the bottom there is a summary box which shows, on each date, how many visits I made of each type. At the moment this is done manually but I am sure it can be done automatically only how? On a different sheet I would then like to have a summary of...

How can I type within a cell like it is a word document?
Hi, Is there a way to type text within a cell where I can choose the position of the text by clicking within the cell like you can within a word document? I'd like to be able to easily type in something like this: YOU: ME: No I can not do that! (happy) Yes you can! And be able to select the placement of my text WITHOUT having to hold down the cursor to push it forward. Thanks! N...

My new site is finished, please visit it and have some fun!!
Hi all, I've just finished my new web site!! And want to invite you all to visit it and see what you think. Also to ask that you pass it on to as many people as you can if you would, and be sure to take a few minutes and click on some of the banners there. It does help me. If this one works ok, i'm going to try and make one for our Genealogy friends. I've gotten some reviews to!! And they're from people I don't know...haha I'll list a couple of them below the link. Hope you all are doing well!! Becky http://beckybrigg.googlepages.com/yourlinkstowebincome Here are s...

How to add new items in Picklist
Hi, We have one customize field in CRM that type is picklist. We want to add some more items in this picklist. Could you guys, please let me guide how could I add more items in specific picklist. In CRM, I haven't found any front-end screen for this purpose. Please help Regards In CRM go to Settings > Customization > Customize Entities. Double-click on the entity where the picklist is contained. When the entity opens, click "Attributes" on the left side and locate the picklist item in the list of attributes. Double-click it to open it. On the right hand side of the...

Can an excel cell automatically change fill colors based on values
I'm developing a customer satisfaction index. My question is: Can the fill color of a cell automatically change to a pre-determined color based on the cells value. Example: If the cells value shows an average of 3.5 or greater the cell fill color would be green. Thanks for your help. I look forward to your response. Hi John yes, if you have three or less conditions use Format / Conditional Formatting. For more than three you can use VBA. Please feel free to post back with the conditions and required results if you would like more assistance. Regards JulieD "John Clark...

Cannot start Outlook 2002
My computer is usualy connected to an MS Exchange server at work. However I'd like to use Outlook at home with another e-mail account. When I try to start Outlook I get an error message : Cannot connect to exchange server. So I click work offline. Then, get another error message: Cannot start Outlook. Could not open information store. The the program quits. Anyone know a work around? Thanks. Create a new profile for your home account. Then set Outlook to prompt for profile. Select your home profile and Outlook will not try to connect to Exchange. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

some unknown Cell styles are shown in cell styles
some of my files of office 2003 which i am opening in office 2007 with same format of .xls are showing some unknown Cell styles in cell styles tab. How to remove all this unknown styles ...

Corrupted messages within Exchange mailbox
Hi there, We are running Exchange 2000. We have a users' mailbox that is showing up with 2 emails in the inbox that seem to be corrupted. Basically, only the headers show up and the messages can't be moved, opened, or deleted. I would like to perform some kind of clean up on the mailbox, but I'm not sure how to go about that as I'm reasonably new to Exchange. Has anyone got some ideas? Thanks a million! Max What kind of clean up and you talking about? You have a couple of options: ESEUTIL and ISINTEG These are two command line utilities that will require you to take ...

Formula
I hope I can explain this clearly. I need advise on how to write a formula that will: 1) look thru a string of cells in a column for a match to a number specified in another cell 2)then return the person name located in the cell next to the match Sounds simple except ther will be multiple matches to the number and each match can have a different name. I need to show all the names that match, seperated by a comma, in this one cell. The VLOOKUP function should do this. If the value to be matched is in A1 and the list of data is in B1:C100, then use =VLOOKUP(A1,B1:C100,2,FAL...

How do I get rid of "new group" in my Contact list
I was learning how to create groups and accidentally hit "new group" 3 times. How can I get rid of these from my contact list? What do you mean by contact list? We have no idea to what view or version you're referring. We have no idea what you did. There is no option for a "new group" in a Contacts Folder. Are you talking about the Navigation Pane? Address Book view? Something else? -- Russ Valentine "KrisB" <KrisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AD1DEA7C-5F54-4701-8E89-3E23874C48FA@microsoft.com... >I was learning ho...

Exchange Services Do not Start After a Restart #2
I have a SBS 2003 Running and for some reason some of my Exchange Service do not start after a restart. System Attendand tries to start shuts down unexpectedly. I can go to services right after logging in and start the services and they start with no problem. Right before the error that service did not start, I get this warning: "A service process other than the one launched by the Service Control Manager connected when starting the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service. The Service Control Manager launched process 2448 and process 3688 connected instead. Note that if this se...

And how to Increment Date in each new subForm ?
Woops! Forgot to include in the... How to add subForm copies Post... Each time we copy & past the subForm we want to increment the "Delivery Date" by 7 days. So we have to be able to reference the last subForm item "delivery Date" field and add 7 days to it each time we "paste" a new copy of the subForm. It would certainly be helpful if anyone could share a code snippit that may get me started on this. Some orders are entered for 52 weeks. If we can't auto-increment the delivery date someone will have to sit and type in the delivery date on all 52 copi...

sending emails to the new top domains
We're running Exchange 2000. For some reason, we can't send emails to the new top domains. The following error message comes back: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 05/13/2004 11:30 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'xxx.xxxxxx@sita.aero' on 05/13/2004 11:30 You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <rrtechnologies.net #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied> What do I need to change in the exchange...

Primary Attribute of a New Entity
I'm having some difficulties wrapping my head around the required primary attribute of a new entity. I am trying to create a software module entity that has a parental relationship with an account, and can do a lookup into the products table. In the simpliest sense, those are the only two fields that I need. However, the system is forcing me to create, use and enter a third piece of data which is the primary attribute of the entity. Is there some way that I can suppress or at least hide this additional field? Is there a purpose for this field that I am not seeing? Thoughts appre...

Macro or Lookup? Not sure where to start.
I have created two worksheets: 1) Auction Items Item# Table# Location# ItemDescription WinBid are the headers of the data. 2) Bidders Bidder# FirstName LastName I would like to be able to create a macro or something that will allow me to enter the item#, bidder# and winning bid price and have a sheet filled with. ie. Item# 2 (Handcrafted Table) Bidder# 12 (John Doe) Winning Bid $250 Can excel pull from two sheets and created another sheet with all the final details? I am a little new to excel (version 2000) it is the only tool/application available to us at this time. If anyone can poi...

Outlook starting problem
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A dialog box is open. Close it and try again." ...

merge cell data
merge three cells "change 04/02/07 to 040207" <change040207to040207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEE9D8A5-22FF-47DC-9E10-E9705EC8E714@microsoft.com... > merge three cells Depending what the cells contain, you could use Concatenate.... =A1&B1&C1 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 18 May 2007 04:59:01 -0700, change 04/02/07 to 040207 <change040207to040207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >merge three cells ...

Running CHKDSK at start up
Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? PC runs Windows XP Pro SP3. This way all drives would be checked and errors fixed, if necessary, in one go, at start up on this machine. We intend to do this on this heavily used PC from time to time - we do not need the desired chkdsk functionality to kick in at every boot! Regards and TIA. Avatar -------- "Avatar" <Avatar@re.birth> wrote in message news:hrb4n2$53i$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? ...

transferring outlook express files to new computer
I am trying to transfer my OE files to my laptop. I have tried to use the export feature but it is not working. In scanning the Knowledge Base it seems I need to have the full version of Outlook or Exchange because it has files in order to make this work??? I don't have these programs on my old computer - just OE. I tried copying all the email files/folders into the proper/corresponding directory on my laptop but they just don't show up. I really really don't want to lose all my email. Is there a solution? Many thanks and feel free to email me a julie@crowbold.com ...

Can't Start Any Program
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel It has been two weeks since I can open an Office Program. Please HEEELP! This is my word error report: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-09-09 19:04:02 -0400 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word Application Signature: MSWD Application Version: 12.2.0.090605 Crashed Module Name: CoreFoundation Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: 0x00075354 Blame Module Name: CoreFoundation Blame Module Version: unk...

How do I add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in the.
add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in them. I'm trying to calculate consecutive days of attendance. ...

Starting a new paragraph within a cell
How do you create a line break within a cell? For example, if wanting to list 2 or more items it looks better if each one is printed under the other as a list. Or in a comment column when needing to start a new paragraph, again within the cell. Hi. You can press Alt + Enter to create a line break within a cell. Kath firman wrote: > How do you create a line break within a cell? For example, if wanting to list > 2 or more items it looks better if each one is printed under the other as a > list. Or in a comment column when needing to start a new paragraph, again > within th...

conditional format rage based on entries within range
I have a spreadsheet in excel 2003 where a range of cells contain different text. If there is no text in any of the cells within the range I would like the range conditionally formated (red), however if any or all of the cells within the range contain text then no format should be applied;e.g. If A1 to D1 are blank format cells red, when text is entered into B1 remove formatting. All help greatly recieved. Simon. Simon, Select A1 to d1 and then format|Conditional formatting - Select 'formula is' enter the formula =A1="" Pick a colour OK -- Mike...