Spreadsheets have to be open twice to view #2

Every spreadsheet that I double-click to open only opens Excel, but the
background is gray.  From here I have to open the spreadsheet from within
Excel.  Is there a global option that can correct this?
0
slipp10 (4)

creating spreadsheet with colunms for names adresses & zipcodes
How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names, addresses & zipcodes? I want to use this with streets & trips so I can map several adresses at one time. I don't understand the question, if you want to create a spreadsheet you need to type in headers for each needed column, then put the names and addresses in their respective column? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "neilabu" <neilabu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D747DCB4-6EC8-4886-8109-3B72C67046E4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names,...

Moving Mailboxes to another server #2
Hello! It's my understanding that by moving mailboxes from one server to another in the same organization should be transparent to the user. Well, It's not happening to me. After I move a user, from 'server A' to 'server B' or the other way, Outlook reports errror "8004011d", saying the server is not available. Any ideas what I'm missing? Thanks! --Ana Maria How long did you wait? AD needs to replicate the new home server. James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com Ana Maria wrote: > Hello! > > It's my unders...

Setting up Word to automatically open in Standard mode, zoom=page margins
I've tried to find ways to handle this through the normal.dot file and can't find it... Word wants to open in layout mode and 200% zoom, forcing me to manually select mode and zoom. Any way to get Word to do what I want instead of what it wants? Thanks for your time. ===== Edward Lipsett Fukuoka, Japan Hi Edward: Word will open each document in the view and zoom it as last saved in. The onyl way to have a particular view happen every time is to create an AutoOpen() macro that specifies the view you want. Turn on your Macro Recorder and record yourself setting the view and zo...

Maximum spreadsheet sort limit
Morning all, Can someone tell me if Excel 2000 has a maximum sort limit in terms of number of rows? The reason I ask is that the spreadsheet we are currently using is 17000 or so rows and when it is sorted there is still a large number of rows that appear to be unsorted. Thanks in advance for any assistance Paul Paul, I just did a simple test and loaded 60,000+ rows and sorted them.Looks perfect to me. There must be some other factor affecting it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Paul Townsend" <PaulTownsend@discussions.microsoft.c...

Mailer-Daemon #2
When I try to send an email I get the message: The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following: abcdefg@*******.ru (554 Service unavailable; Client host [203.123.12.123] blocked using dnsbl.njabl.org=123.0.0.1; open proxy -- 12345678). Why do I get this message? Is the email being deliberately blocked on my server or the recipient's server? Thanks Andy It means that your machine or SMTP server are on a black/block list. Check out the site mentioned in the error message: http://dnsbl.njabl.org "Andy" <woof@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d8ric5$9u...

Auto numbering of spreadsheets
I have created an elec application form for use on a telephony section. Each time a user enters the form when a customer rings, I want the form to be numbered automatically, so that each form has a reference number. There is the possibilty that more than one user will open the form at any one time - will they still have seperate IDs? Can this be done? Any help appreciated... Thank you, -- Rob, Teesside, UK "abfabrob" <abfabrob@yahoo.co.uk.NO_SPAM> wrote in message news:DED8584A-3418-4068-8A4D-BC10CBC396C9@microsoft.com... >I have created an elec application form for...

power spreadsheet users wanted for beta tests
The makers of Personal Audio Link, a cellphone_to_VoIP application, are offering six months free Vonage telephone service to beta clients for a new "remote cellphone to PC" sofware. They are looking for power spreadsheet users to sample the software, in exchange for the free Vonage service and comments to the website's user forum re: likes and dislikes, suggestins, etc. http://www.adondo.net/Personal-Audio-Link.htm It allows users to send and receive e-mail by voice, via cell phone, interact w/ & parse records in their Excel spreadsheets by cellphone, from a cellphone, g...

Too long time to open My Computer folder
It takes some 3 minutes to open My Computer folder. The searching torchlight animation is shown all this time. The OS is Windows XP x64 Pro, laptop with Turion TL-56 processor. I cannot figure out the reason for this. The other tasks and applications run quite fast. ...

Undeliverable Email #2
A co worker of mine did a Exchange migration to a new server. The server name was changed and the user accounts were recreated from scratch. The Exchange emails were imported into the new user accounts. Any time a users replies to an email received internally prior to the move to the new server it is undeliverable. The problem is that the old email address has the old server name /o=wafsbs06 instead of the new server name /o=waf1sbs. The complete old address is: /O=WAFSBS06 /OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP /CN=RECIPIENTS /CN=ADMINISTRATOR Is there a way on the new exchange server to fix...

2-sided/ duplex printing
I'm trying to print a Publisher brochure 2-sided/ duplex. When I go to Print Properties on my Dell 966 Printer, the two sided option is grayed out. This is not a problem printing from Word or Powerpoint so it seems to be something specific to Publisher. Any ideas? What version Publisher? Have you ever used the two-sided printing wizard in the advanced print setup? If you have see if resetting the tab makes a difference. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bill Hutchings" <BillHutchings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5DEF2EA-31C8-4D8B-A7D1-...

Identify closed/finalized records the month they were opened Acces
Hello I have a query, qryClosedRecords, where I need to report if the records finalized/closed the same month they opened. So if it opened #10/05/2009 06:05# and finalized/closed #10/25/2009 21:59# I need to mark it as being finalized/closed the month it was open. Field for Date Opened = qryClosedRecords.open_time Field for Date closed = qryClosedRecords.finalized_time And if it opened #08/03/2009 21:25# and finalized/closed #9/23/2009 12:45# I don't want to count it because it didn't finalize/close the month it was opened. I need to do this in a query becau...

How do I get year to date earnings on a payroll spreadsheet(what'.
I am trying to create a payroll spreadsheet. I want to get the formula for year to date. I would rather not use a 52 column sheet with totals. How can I add the change each week without using a large sheet? If I can offer an opinion: regarding payroll, keep as much information as you can. Payroll is sacred- people literally live by it, and they are VERY concerned that proper records are kept. A Fortune 500 company is judged by its stock price; small and even medium sized companies are judged by whether or not they met payroll. My suggestion is to allow the spreadsheet to be as large as i...

opening SDI from dialog?
Hi, I have problem with opening SDI window from dialog based application (MFC). What I did I added doc/view files to project but have no idea how to call this to open window. I assume that it's safe and possible. In regular SDI application the call is made by this code: CSingleDocTemplate* pDocTemplate; pDocTemplate = new CSingleDocTemplate( IDR_MAINFRAME, RUNTIME_CLASS(CDocViewTmpDoc), RUNTIME_CLASS(CMainFrame), // main SDI frame window RUNTIME_CLASS(CDocViewTmpView)); CWinApp mApp; mApp.AddDocTemplate(pDocTemplate); mApp.m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); mApp.m_pMa...

Spreadsheet Formatting
I am having trouble with shared workbooks and their formatting. Th many users who access these workbook and enter data all work i different offices in differenct cities. The files are stored on shared drive so that everyone can access and work on their assigne files. The problem we are having is that after spending a long time formattin the worksheets to look and print the way we would like them, each time new user opens a workbook, the formatting has all changed. (Headers an Footers disappear, isn't set to landscape anymore, etc.) Why is this happening? Is there a way to keep the...

Outgoing mail #2
Recipients not able to open mails sent to them. All they see are sender's name and subject title. How do I adjust my security settings - every time I open to type a mail, I get a message: Current settings prohibit running activeX on this page. As a result, this page may not display correctly. >-----Original Message----- >On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 07:27:10 -0700, "taiyewo"=20 <taiyewo@yahoo.com> >wrote: > >>Recipients not able to open mails sent to them. All=20 they=20 >>see are sender's name and subject title. How do I=20 adjust=20 >>my se...

AP Checks #2
I processe checks using the Select Checks process. I printed the checks and tried to process the batch. I got an error and it will not post. The erros directs to use Batch Recoverty to post the batch. I used Batched Recovery many times and it still does not work. Any suggestions? Fidel What does the edit list for that batch say? Ie any errors? "Fidel" wrote: > I processe checks using the Select Checks process. I printed the checks and > tried to process the batch. I got an error and it will not post. The erros > directs to use Batch Recoverty to post the ba...

excel opens but the workbook doesnt
when i open an excel file, excel opens but doesnt display the file- have to drop and drag file in from elsewhere; tried re-installing excel, then windows but hasnt made difference; any thoughts? Hi uran! Most likely fix for this problem is from within Excel: Tools > Options > General Uncheck "Ignore other Applications" OK Close Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel in the Registry using the following routine. Close Excel On the Windows Taskbar Start > Run Type the following exactly including the space between exe and / excel.exe ...

how do I make a paper look like a windows window? #2
I want to make a paper look like a window in the computer, so my presentation has more computer like decoration. ...

when i open a excel doc , it open muiltple page not related?
Hi all, When i double click on a excel doc, muiltiple excel file pop up together. What could be the possible reasons... Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults. greyshark001 wrote: > > Hi all, > When i double click on a excel doc, muiltiple excel file pop up together. > What could be the possible reasons... ...

can't open Word or PP files in Office 2004
I can't open some files some people send me. Error msg says "Error opening this document. File may be busy or may not be a Word document." I know it's a valid Word or PP file because these same people have been sending me files for months when I was using Word/PP 2000 on Windows. Not all files act this way. Just some. On OS X 10.3.6. Any thougts? ...

How do you protect a spreadsheet from being deleted?
I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, does anyone know how to do this? Thanks Hi do you mean single tabs?. If yes try 'tools - Protection - Workbook' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cara_scully wrote: > I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, > does anyone know how to do this? > Thanks ...

Opening email messages
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When I double click on the message, it does not open. I have to right click on the message and click on open message to open my emails. I have already gone into preferences and clicked on double click to open. <br><br>What am I doing wrong? On 1/16/10 3:58 PM, in article 59bb114f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Betsy_Allen@officeformac.com" <Betsy_Allen@officeformac.com> wrote: > When I double click on the message, it does not open. I have to right click &...

cancel charts & graphs on my spreadsheet
How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have windows XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread sheet. Thank you. bluebare Click chart; press Delete key Have you tried this? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "bluebare@92507" <bluebare@92507@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E14ACED5-319D-463E-AD7A-D018E9323760@microsoft.com... > How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have > windows > XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread...

Open Record by selecting on another form.
Hi I have a database that lists outstanding orders customers have, On the event procedure for txtbox Order Number on the currently opened form outstanding orders, I have selected that on double click it will open the form orders to the appropraite record. ie in the outstanding orders if fred has an order and you double click on the order number it opens up freds order from the orders form. I have used a where statement but must have got it wrong can someone point me in the right direction first time I have used the where statement. Private Sub Order_Number_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) Dim ...

Formatting excel spreadsheet
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I delete or change the row numbering? I want the numbering to start on the second row, not the first row which has the headings. The rows can't be arbitrarily renumbered � the top row of any given sheet is Row 1 regardless of what [if any] content occupies it. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/4/10 4:23 PM, in article 59bb00ff.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "meb@officeformac.com" <meb@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I ...