Spreadsheet help!!!

I have a workbook with 2 worksheets.
Information and Table

in the worksheet Information, cell S24 if the number is greater than or
equal to $100,000 but less than $149,999 then I'd like it to put in cell
S25 the number $3000. Also if the number is between $150,000 to $199,999
i'd like it to put in $3500 in the S25 cell.

Any help would be highly appreciated...

Thanks
alex

--
alexm999
alexm999's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4918

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:41:43 -0500, alexm999 wrote:
>I have a workbook with 2 worksheets.
>Information and Table
>
>in the worksheet Information, cell S24 if the number is greater than or
>equal to $100,000 but less than $149,999 then I'd like it to put in cell
>S25 the number $3000. Also if the number is between $150,000 to $199,999
>i'd like it to put in $3500 in the S25 cell.

Not sure what you're trying to do if the values are less than $100,000
or higher than $199,999, so I put a text-based error message of "Too
High" or "Too Low" in the formula..

=IF(S24>=100000,IF(S24<149999,3000,IF(S24<199999,3500,"Too
high")),"Too Low")

If they value is always going to be at least $100,000 and never
greater than $199,999, then you can use this:

=IF(S24<=149999,3000,3500)

MP-
--
"Learning is a behavior that results from consequences."
 B.F. Skinner

HTH

Michael Mitchelson

"alexm999" wrote:

> I have a workbook with 2 worksheets.
> Information and Table
>
> in the worksheet Information, cell S24 if the number is greater than or
> equal to $100,000 but less than $149,999 then I'd like it to put in cell
> S25 the number $3000. Also if the number is between $150,000 to $199,999
> i'd like it to put in $3500 in the S25 cell.
>
> Any help would be highly appreciated...
>
> Thanks
> alex
>

> --
> alexm999
> alexm999's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4918
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390070

creating spreadsheet with colunms for names adresses & zipcodes
How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names, addresses & zipcodes? I want to use this with streets & trips so I can map several adresses at one time. I don't understand the question, if you want to create a spreadsheet you need to type in headers for each needed column, then put the names and addresses in their respective column? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "neilabu" <neilabu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D747DCB4-6EC8-4886-8109-3B72C67046E4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names,...

Need Help with a very interesting project for Publisher and Excel
Heres my project and Ive been told its been done and seen the final product so think it can be done. It will be much more complicated than this but here it is in a nutshell. I want to have a picture in publisher, file called "X", and a worksheet in excel with a formula that will end up with a result of "X" (could be any number of other letters, and there would be a picture in publisher to correspond to each letter). I want to find a way to link the two together so I can export the letter from excel and when this text field in Publisher comes up with the value &quo...

Maximum spreadsheet sort limit
Morning all, Can someone tell me if Excel 2000 has a maximum sort limit in terms of number of rows? The reason I ask is that the spreadsheet we are currently using is 17000 or so rows and when it is sorted there is still a large number of rows that appear to be unsorted. Thanks in advance for any assistance Paul Paul, I just did a simple test and loaded 60,000+ rows and sorted them.Looks perfect to me. There must be some other factor affecting it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Paul Townsend" <PaulTownsend@discussions.microsoft.c...

EXcel Chart Size Probelm with Printer
I create via VBA a number of charts on an Excel sheet. I want to size each of these to suit a single page of the printer. THe problem I have is I cannot figure out the relationship between the Excel shape width and the printer's printable width. I have via a series of API got the printer's printable area and converted to twips and points and as I understand Excel uses points as its chart width and height. I have setup a page in Excel manually with no margins and created a chart and manually sized it to fit the page perfectly (and yes the page setup is 100% scaling and zero...

Need help with 'GlobalAlloc'
Hello group, Referencing Q166129-"How to print directly to Non-Default printer in MFC". I used the code in that article and it worked fine. But, then we went and changed printers for the production PC(running NT4.0). Ran fine with a HPLJ2200 but is now giving 'Dr. Watson' errors with a HPLJ2300. Both printers work fine on my development PC(running Win2K); After putting in AfxMessageBoxes in the app I wrote, to help me find out where the production PC is going to 'Dr. Watson', I isolated it to: PRINTER_INFO_2* p2 = (PRINTER_INFO_2*)GlobalAlloc(GPTR,...

HELP: cannot access inbox/sent items
When I open the application and click on any mailbox, I get a Windows Write Protect Error: The disk cannot be written to because it is write protected: please remove the write protection from the volume XXXX in drive \device\harddisk\DR2 Help, anyone? Thanks! ...

power spreadsheet users wanted for beta tests
The makers of Personal Audio Link, a cellphone_to_VoIP application, are offering six months free Vonage telephone service to beta clients for a new "remote cellphone to PC" sofware. They are looking for power spreadsheet users to sample the software, in exchange for the free Vonage service and comments to the website's user forum re: likes and dislikes, suggestins, etc. http://www.adondo.net/Personal-Audio-Link.htm It allows users to send and receive e-mail by voice, via cell phone, interact w/ & parse records in their Excel spreadsheets by cellphone, from a cellphone, g...

Auto numbering of spreadsheets
I have created an elec application form for use on a telephony section. Each time a user enters the form when a customer rings, I want the form to be numbered automatically, so that each form has a reference number. There is the possibilty that more than one user will open the form at any one time - will they still have seperate IDs? Can this be done? Any help appreciated... Thank you, -- Rob, Teesside, UK "abfabrob" <abfabrob@yahoo.co.uk.NO_SPAM> wrote in message news:DED8584A-3418-4068-8A4D-BC10CBC396C9@microsoft.com... >I have created an elec application form for...

HELP :(
I have a form with three subforms in a tab control. I am having trouble with giving the user a "clear" button that would erase the record. All the subforms are linked to the parent form through "Material Transfer Number2." I want the button to be on the parent form and when they hit it, it deletes the record on the parent as well as the records in the subforms which may have been entered (which have the same Material Transfer Number2). Thanks for the help in advance.... On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 11:47:02 -0700, Michael <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I...

How do I get year to date earnings on a payroll spreadsheet(what'.
I am trying to create a payroll spreadsheet. I want to get the formula for year to date. I would rather not use a 52 column sheet with totals. How can I add the change each week without using a large sheet? If I can offer an opinion: regarding payroll, keep as much information as you can. Payroll is sacred- people literally live by it, and they are VERY concerned that proper records are kept. A Fortune 500 company is judged by its stock price; small and even medium sized companies are judged by whether or not they met payroll. My suggestion is to allow the spreadsheet to be as large as i...

can't email publisher document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I created a brochure using the New Blank Publishing Layout Document. Now that I've put a days work into it, I can't mail the bloody thing! I've tried saving it in every conceivable format, tried zipping them, turning on and off compatability (as sometimes it says 25 compatibility issues, and sometimes 46!). I am really at my wits end... please help!!!! I hope you have a few wits left to work this. You don't actually say what the symptoms of the problem are. you talk about "saving it&...

Help: Pre-poulating a web form with xml data
Hi All, New to asp.net here. Been combing google since monday trying to find the right solution. Most of the solutions are good and reflect the same examples in the .net books I have but xml is sketchy to me and this isn't you typical real world project. Here's the scenario. I query an api via a URL and it responds with xml data which I need to use to prepoulate the fields of a web form. I haven't been able to get my head around this one. As you can see from the XML example below, all of the elements I am after (name, address, phone etc) have the same element name "attr"...

Spreadsheet Formatting
I am having trouble with shared workbooks and their formatting. Th many users who access these workbook and enter data all work i different offices in differenct cities. The files are stored on shared drive so that everyone can access and work on their assigne files. The problem we are having is that after spending a long time formattin the worksheets to look and print the way we would like them, each time new user opens a workbook, the formatting has all changed. (Headers an Footers disappear, isn't set to landscape anymore, etc.) Why is this happening? Is there a way to keep the...

help needed #6
I have a budget calculator to return a value Good Bad or OK dependent on status based upon =IF(B109>B108,"GOOD",IF(B109<B108,"BAD",IF(B109=B108,"OK"))) What I am looking to do in addition to this would be set the cell colour to red green or blue according to the status how could I do this? Any help appreciated. First simplify the formula =IF(B109>B108,"GOOD",IF(B109<B108,"BAD","OK")) Colour with conditional formatting Select the cell Menu Format>Conditional Formatting Set to equal Value of BAD Click the Form...

How do you protect a spreadsheet from being deleted?
I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, does anyone know how to do this? Thanks Hi do you mean single tabs?. If yes try 'tools - Protection - Workbook' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cara_scully wrote: > I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, > does anyone know how to do this? > Thanks ...

Please Help Me
I have been receiving emails alledgedly from Microsoft claiming to have the latest updates and Net patches. I am getting about 70 of these a day and they are clogging up my inbox and my server at work. They contain a virus and whilst it does not affect my Mac, this amount of unsolicited email is driving me mental. I have tried looking at the mail headers to see if I can recognise where they are coming from, but there is not a common source, and every one seems to be coming from somewhere else. I assume that this is some sort of "spoofing", but what can I do to stop them. Any sugge...

cancel charts & graphs on my spreadsheet
How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have windows XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread sheet. Thank you. bluebare Click chart; press Delete key Have you tried this? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "bluebare@92507" <bluebare@92507@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E14ACED5-319D-463E-AD7A-D018E9323760@microsoft.com... > How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have > windows > XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread...

InitInstance...Please help.....Debug questions
Hello All, I would like to say Thanks to everyone for the help on my previous posts! This post I am trying to figure out what the below overloaded function is exactly doing. The reason I ask this question is the function in debug mode is giving me a "Unhandled exception at 0x7c901230 in A.exe: User breakpoint." that I traced back through the call stack to the ProcessShellCommand call. This InitInstance function was not overloaded or coded by me so I am trying to understand the ins and outs of it and why it generates a exception in debug mode but not in release mode. What I am look...

Formatting excel spreadsheet
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I delete or change the row numbering? I want the numbering to start on the second row, not the first row which has the headings. The rows can't be arbitrarily renumbered � the top row of any given sheet is Row 1 regardless of what [if any] content occupies it. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/4/10 4:23 PM, in article 59bb00ff.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "meb@officeformac.com" <meb@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I ...

Need help Rules
Hi, Need help on how to filter when a email address with 2 different names come in? For example: ABC (xxx@abc.com) XYZ (xxx@abc.com) As both users uses the same email address, how can i filter to folders? Regards. You can try checking for text in the header (that text being the name) and sort on that. "Gary Ng" <gary.ng@netplus-asia.com> wrote in message news:%23RXyQqzvFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Need help on how to filter when a email address with 2 different names > come > in? > > For example: > > ABC (xxx@abc.com) > XY...

Help
I have outlook 2007 - new installation. As I said in subject new mails go to deleted items instead of inbox folder. I've checked the preferences of mail accounts in tools - it clearly says that the destination folder is "inbox folder" but every new mail goes to deleted items ( no junk folder ! ). Even more: it is marked as read ! In the other hand I'm able to send mails without any problem and they are stored in "sent items" folder. So folks - I NEED YOUR HELP BADLY :-) rgds, Greg Snake Plissken <vico11wywal_to@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: > I have o...

Help with Maps
I may need to be directed elsewhere, but here goes. My wife and I volunteer in the Family Room in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit of our local children's hospital. For many families, this room becomes their home for a few days as the hospital provides bed linens for them and lets them spend the night there. Many familes do so, either because they are from out of town and cannnot get in to the Ronald McDonald House or they are local but their kids are so sick that they want to be close by. I would like to provide a map showing all moderately priced restaurants within a 2 mile radius. ...

My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page.
My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page and I am unable to resize it. You can only view rows 1-17. You can scrool down and across. This is only happening to 1 spreadsheet I created and no others. I'm not quite I understand, but maybe you've frozen the window so that only a portion of the screen is visible. In xl2003 menus, I'd try: Window|Unfreeze panes Terry Evans wrote: > > My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page and I am unable to > resize it. You can only view rows 1-17. You can scrool down and across. This > is...

Newbie needs help with code
Hi, I need help with the following codes: //PicklistItems.h class CPicklistItems : public CObject { public: void AddItem(CPicklistParser objParser); /* some other methods and properties here..... */ } //PickListParser.h class CPicklistParser { public: void ClearArray(); CString GetString(int i); int GetCount(); void ParseLine(CString strLine); CPicklistParser(); virtual ~CPicklistParser(); private: int m_nCount; char m_cQuoter; char m_cDelimiter; CStringArray m_aStrings; }; //main.cpp CPicklistParser objParser; CPicklistItems objItems; /* some other codes here...... /...

Open an Excel Spreadsheet to a Specfic Worksheet
Good Morning, I have tried the following with no luck... c:/yourfolder/book1.xls#'sheet1'!A1 Any other ideas? Thanks, Jody This worksheet formula worked ok for me: =HYPERLINK("file:////c:/my documents/excel/book2.xls#sheet1!a1","click me") Jody Baldwin wrote: > > Good Morning, > > I have tried the following with no luck... > > c:/yourfolder/book1.xls#'sheet1'!A1 > > Any other ideas? > > Thanks, > > Jody -- Dave Peterson Cannot be done via Command as you are attempting. Sheets cannot be selected to open...