spreadsheet #4

having trouble finding the proper spreadsheet for windowsXP...I HAVE A XLS FILE TO OPEN, anyone used a spreadsheet, that could direct me? Thank you
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Rick!

Windows XP is an operating system. You also need to have a version of
Excel as well.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> having trouble finding the proper spreadsheet for windowsXP...I HAVE
A XLS FILE TO OPEN, anyone used a spreadsheet, that could direct me?
Thank you

0
njharker (1646)
12/28/2003 10:33:25 PM
The program you are probably looking for is Excel, but it is not a part of Win
XP, it si a standaalone program in it's own right, OR a part of the Microsoft
Office suite.  These have to be purchased separately if they did not come
bundled with your PC.  If all you need to do is look at the file though, then
you might want to just download the free Excel file viewer:-

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=en

--
Regards
                  Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 00/02/03

 Seasons Greetings and Very Best wishes to all  :-)

"rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> having trouble finding the proper spreadsheet for windowsXP...I HAVE A XLS
FILE TO OPEN, anyone used a spreadsheet, that could direct me? Thank you

---

ken.wright (2489)

creating spreadsheet with colunms for names adresses & zipcodes
How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names, addresses & zipcodes? I want to use this with streets & trips so I can map several adresses at one time. I don't understand the question, if you want to create a spreadsheet you need to type in headers for each needed column, then put the names and addresses in their respective column? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "neilabu" <neilabu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D747DCB4-6EC8-4886-8109-3B72C67046E4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names,...

Maximum spreadsheet sort limit
Morning all, Can someone tell me if Excel 2000 has a maximum sort limit in terms of number of rows? The reason I ask is that the spreadsheet we are currently using is 17000 or so rows and when it is sorted there is still a large number of rows that appear to be unsorted. Thanks in advance for any assistance Paul Paul, I just did a simple test and loaded 60,000+ rows and sorted them.Looks perfect to me. There must be some other factor affecting it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Paul Townsend" <PaulTownsend@discussions.microsoft.c...

Auto numbering of spreadsheets
I have created an elec application form for use on a telephony section. Each time a user enters the form when a customer rings, I want the form to be numbered automatically, so that each form has a reference number. There is the possibilty that more than one user will open the form at any one time - will they still have seperate IDs? Can this be done? Any help appreciated... Thank you, -- Rob, Teesside, UK "abfabrob" <abfabrob@yahoo.co.uk.NO_SPAM> wrote in message news:DED8584A-3418-4068-8A4D-BC10CBC396C9@microsoft.com... >I have created an elec application form for...

power spreadsheet users wanted for beta tests
The makers of Personal Audio Link, a cellphone_to_VoIP application, are offering six months free Vonage telephone service to beta clients for a new "remote cellphone to PC" sofware. They are looking for power spreadsheet users to sample the software, in exchange for the free Vonage service and comments to the website's user forum re: likes and dislikes, suggestins, etc. http://www.adondo.net/Personal-Audio-Link.htm It allows users to send and receive e-mail by voice, via cell phone, interact w/ & parse records in their Excel spreadsheets by cellphone, from a cellphone, g...

Message Rules #4
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005B_01C3B50E.C5F2F730 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I am using Microsoft Outlook 2000 on XP Pro and I appear to be having = some difficulty with 'Message Rules' Firstly; I do not seem to be able to delete the current set of rules - I = delete them individualy, close and reopen MS outlook but there they are = again in all their glory - I have done this now about 5 or 6 times but = with the same result. and secondly; When I try to create new ...

NDR 5.4.6 after implementing MIIS
I have some users that are getting the following error: "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. company.com #5.4.6." We have recently implemented MIIS in our environment for GAL replication with a few foreign forests. The error started after MIIS was implemented. Prior to implementing MIIS we were using Exchange Server 5.5 to replication GAL using Directory Replication. Exchange server 5.5 is still deployed in our environment. If I do a search both ADU&...

Spreadsheet Formatting
I am having trouble with shared workbooks and their formatting. Th many users who access these workbook and enter data all work i different offices in differenct cities. The files are stored on shared drive so that everyone can access and work on their assigne files. The problem we are having is that after spending a long time formattin the worksheets to look and print the way we would like them, each time new user opens a workbook, the formatting has all changed. (Headers an Footers disappear, isn't set to landscape anymore, etc.) Why is this happening? Is there a way to keep the...

booklet printing #4
I have a 20-page booklet. I am trying to print to a brand-new Canon Color IR 5800 network printer/copier. It has all sorts of whistles and bells, including booklet printing and saddle stitch stapling for booklets. But I cannot find a way in Publisher or on the copier to make my booklet print out correctly. When I print, the best I get is still a mess. For example, I get the front and back covers on one side of a sheet correctly. But on the reverse side, I get pages 2 and 19 inverted (upside down and backwards). So page 19 shows up on the reverse of the cover--upside down. And page 2 s...

How do I get year to date earnings on a payroll spreadsheet(what'.
I am trying to create a payroll spreadsheet. I want to get the formula for year to date. I would rather not use a 52 column sheet with totals. How can I add the change each week without using a large sheet? If I can offer an opinion: regarding payroll, keep as much information as you can. Payroll is sacred- people literally live by it, and they are VERY concerned that proper records are kept. A Fortune 500 company is judged by its stock price; small and even medium sized companies are judged by whether or not they met payroll. My suggestion is to allow the spreadsheet to be as large as i...

How do you protect a spreadsheet from being deleted?
I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, does anyone know how to do this? Thanks Hi do you mean single tabs?. If yes try 'tools - Protection - Workbook' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cara_scully wrote: > I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, > does anyone know how to do this? > Thanks ...

Lost mail #4
I lost all my emails and Did not do any backup of my mailbox but I've done a complete synchronization and all my email are synchronize to OST file. So anyway to get my email back. Or any ideas? All your suggestion would be very much appreciated. ...

421 4.4.1 Connection timed out
Hi to all, I am using Exchange 2007, when i am getting mails with attachment, some of the mails are getting timed out. But this does not occur always. I have disabled chunking and also increase timeout time from 10 minutes to 20 minutes. Also i can receive 5-6 MB mails sometimes without any problem but i cannot get 800 k of mail as you see from the log below. when i examine logs all lost mails have SIZE expression near MAIL From: ,<,MAIL From:<braham@certme.com> SIZE=842594, THANKS. RECEIVE CONNECTOR LOGS: #Software: Microsoft Exchange Server #Version: 8...

cancel charts & graphs on my spreadsheet
How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have windows XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread sheet. Thank you. bluebare Click chart; press Delete key Have you tried this? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "bluebare@92507" <bluebare@92507@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E14ACED5-319D-463E-AD7A-D018E9323760@microsoft.com... > How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have > windows > XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread...

Formatting excel spreadsheet
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I delete or change the row numbering? I want the numbering to start on the second row, not the first row which has the headings. The rows can't be arbitrarily renumbered � the top row of any given sheet is Row 1 regardless of what [if any] content occupies it. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/4/10 4:23 PM, in article 59bb00ff.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "meb@officeformac.com" <meb@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I ...

My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page.
My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page and I am unable to resize it. You can only view rows 1-17. You can scrool down and across. This is only happening to 1 spreadsheet I created and no others. I'm not quite I understand, but maybe you've frozen the window so that only a portion of the screen is visible. In xl2003 menus, I'd try: Window|Unfreeze panes Terry Evans wrote: > > My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page and I am unable to > resize it. You can only view rows 1-17. You can scrool down and across. This > is...

Open an Excel Spreadsheet to a Specfic Worksheet
Good Morning, I have tried the following with no luck... c:/yourfolder/book1.xls#'sheet1'!A1 Any other ideas? Thanks, Jody This worksheet formula worked ok for me: =HYPERLINK("file:////c:/my documents/excel/book2.xls#sheet1!a1","click me") Jody Baldwin wrote: > > Good Morning, > > I have tried the following with no luck... > > c:/yourfolder/book1.xls#'sheet1'!A1 > > Any other ideas? > > Thanks, > > Jody -- Dave Peterson Cannot be done via Command as you are attempting. Sheets cannot be selected to open...

spreadsheet
I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it. How do I do this. Thank you Hi Mary, If you go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) you will be able to check Print Gridlines. Hope this helps. Pete Mary wrote: > I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it. > How do I do this. Thank you Thank you very much. that worked fine. Thanks again. "Pete_UK" wrote: > Hi Mary, > > If you go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) you will be able to check > Print Gridlines. > > Hope this helps. >...

Error Importing Excel Spreadsheet into Access
I'm trying to import a general excel spreadsheet into access. However, everytime I try to import it, it says there is an error importing the data and that it can not be imported. Also, it doesn't give me any indication to what type of error it is. I've tried pasting the data into a fresh spreadsheet and that still didn't reslove the issue. Does any one have an idea onto why I would be getting this error message? hi Jason- It could be some of the values in the title of a column such as # and @. What kind of data are you importing? Time- Dates- just words? Are there ...

Confusing spreadsheet
I have been tasked with trying to simplify a few spreadsheets that i use. They are to track certain tasks that run, and then certain fields with the output created. I don't have much time to get it in place so i have found a few quick things that may make life easier, but wanted some help in the code needed/best way to make these changes. 1) Is there away to get multiple spreadsheets to update one main sheet? There will be 5 seperate sheets for the different 'types' of runs, and then one main sheet keeping track of run numbers, which will have 5 tabs for the dif...

Spreadsheet Printing and Displaying on one pc in Blue Ink
One of our users is still having trouble with an Excel spreadsheet. It is printing in blue ink on his pc and black on everyone elses. I modified the spreadsheet cell colors to black instead of automatic and it still prints blue on his. I had him check his palette to make sure black was highlighted as the default color and he said it was. He also told me that he is able to print in black ink using other applications on his PC, so he isn't out of black ink. Any suggestions? Thanks! Ken K. - 2191 -- akkrug After discussing with HP Tech Support, We just selected print to graysca...

Reference to cell with external spreadsheet
I have a lookup function with a very long range name which referrs to another spreadsheet. I would like to make a cell with the text of the range and just refer to the cell in the lookup function. Is this possible? Thank you On 19 Dec, 20:43, B Lane <B L...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a lookup function with a very long range name which referrs to ano= ther > spreadsheet. I would like to make a cell with the text of the range and j= ust > refer to the cell in the lookup function. Is this possible? > > Thank you If you long range name is in ...

How do I set a colour to 4 cells based on the value of a cell
I want to assign a colour to a group of 4 cells (ie a1 to a4) based on the colour that is typed into another cell (ie d1). It could be that I need the option of using 10 colours. eg if d1 was "green" then a1-a4 would be coloured green. Andy For greater than 3 colors(4 if use default no color) you will need VBA. Option Compare Text Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim Num As Long Dim rng As Range Dim vRngInput As Variant Set rng1 = Intersect(Target, Range("D1")) If rng1 Is Nothing Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo endit Application.Enab...

OUTLOOK TASKS #4
EVERYTIME I TRY TO OPEN THE TASKS ON MY OUTLOOK THE HOURGLASS APPEARS FOR A FEW SECONDS AND THEN IT SAYS MICROSOFT OUTLOOK HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE. WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. IT DOES THIS EVERYTIME! HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM OR KNOW HOW TO FIX IT? (IT JUST ALL OF A SUDDEN STARTED DOING THIS AFTER MONTHS OF WORKING JUST FINE!) THE TECHNICAL ERROR SIGNATURE IS AS FOLLOWS: APPNAME: OUTLOOK.EXE MODVER: 10.0.2627.1 APPVER: 10.0.2627.1 OFFSET: 001EE955 MODNAME: OUTLIIB.DLL THANKS! ...

PUBLIC FOLDER PROBLEMS #4
Hi, Using SBS 2003, exchange public folder get's corrupted periodically (every six month or so), in where I , as owner of publick folder object, cannot add additional records (messages, or emails) to public folder folders. Messages I get : Can't copy the items. Cannot complete the copy operation. The items may have been moved or deleted or you may have not sufficient permissions. I am copying them from my send items folders to a public folder. Any clues why?? I do notice I can copy some records, and some records not. Before I would re-populate the poblick folder from a backup pst...

Euro 2008 spreadsheet
Just have a look at this EURO 2008 spreadsheet. Its quite light and useful. It also have an online version. Excel users follow this link http://exceltemplates.blogspot.com/2008/06/euro-2008-spreadsheet.html For online version follow this link http://googsprs.blogspot.com/2008/06/euro-2008-spreadsheet.html ...