spin button value

Hi
Does the value in spinbutton properties have to be numeric or can it be a
day eg mon tues wed etc if so how do I dio this
Thanks
tina
0
Tina (84)

A Forms toolbar spinner control returns an integer.  You can have another
cell with a formula that references the cell linked to the spinner like
=CHOOSE(A1,"Sun","Mon","Tues","Weds","Thurs","Fri","Sat")

Here A1 is linked to the spinner.  You'd want to limit the spinner's minimum
value to 1 and maximum value to 7 in this case.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"tina" <tina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi
| Does the value in spinbutton properties have to be numeric or can it be a
| day eg mon tues wed etc if so how do I dio this
| Thanks
| tina

0
jrrech (1933)
3/17/2005 2:06:57 PM
I put a spinner from the Forms toolbar on a worksheet.
I rightclicked on it and chose Format control|Control tab and used A1 as the
linked cell.
I also made the spinner spin from 1 to 7.

Then in B1, I put this formula:
=TEXT(A1,"ddd")

I'm using A1 as a date (1 = Jan 1, 1900, which was a Sunday).

--

Dave Peterson
0

Align Radio Button text and button
How do you get the text to line up with the button when it is small text? I have a button: <asp:RadioButton id="rdbClients" GroupName="SetupDisplay" style=" font-size: 11px " runat="server" /> If the button is the default size where the text is large, it lines up so the button is at the middle of the text. But when you change the text to a small font, it is still positioned in the same place but since the text is smaller, the button is now aligned with the top of the text because the text is now shorter. Is there a way to get...

A spin on the old TRANSPOSE question
A "search" turns up dozens of repetitions of the same question: "How d I convert a column of data into a row of data?" Easy: Copy, Past Special, Transpose. But how about for a column of repeating data? E.g.: A B C D A B C D A B C D and so on, to be converted to: A B C D A B C D A B C D, continuing. I recorded a quick macro to copy and paste special (transpose), but i kept recopying the original copied data. Manually copying and pastin is going to take way too long. Is there a formulaic method of doin this? Thanks!: ----------------------------------------------- ...

cell +1 with one button?
HI! I need to know how to add '1' to a cell using only one button. Meaning value WAS 3 and becomes 4. Is there a way to do this? It is for live stats in a sports game, s� speed is of the essense. That is why it has to be a "1-button operation." Thanks in advance! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Attach this macro to the button: Public Sub Add1() With ActiveCell If IsEmpty(.Value) Or IsNumeric(.Value) Then _...

Replacing value
I have a database which will lookup value from excel... Below is my code:- For i = LBound(varArr1, 1) To UBound(varArr1, 1) Filter = "PartNumber = '" & varArr1(i, 1) & "'" If Not .EOF Then Fields(11).Value = varArr1(i, 16) End If Next Close: Set rs = Nothing This code works well for if a condition is met...which mean only 1 PartNumber exists and won't work for the second same part number exists... How am I suppose to replace the value for those part numbers are same? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums....

In an excel cell,choosing a value,similar to combobox in VB
Dear Friends, In an excel sheet, for a particular column cells, say for eg Column A, I have to choose the values in each cells, similar to combobox in VB. i.e with out typing manually. How to do it? Regards, Thirumalai. Have a look at Data>Validation select List HTH -- AP "Thirumalai" <thirumalai@cspl.com> a �crit dans le message de news:ONMCB$9UGHA.4660@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Dear Friends, > > In an excel sheet, for a particular column cells, say for eg Column A, I > have to choose the values in each cells, similar to combobox in VB. i.e with >...

Need Graphic For Button
Group, I am looking for a source for a graphic to use on a button. I would like to find a small red checkmark that I can put on a small button. Does anyone know of a source where I can find one? I am willing to pay for it if there isn't a free one available. Thanks so much, BobV Bob, A neat trick I've used for years is to use text. In the button caption... hold the Alt key and type 0052 on the num pad Change the font for the button to Dixieland. This will give you a checkmark on your button. Use the font size to adjust, and color to suit...

DVD drive spinning up
How can I prevent the DVD drive pinning up each time when NOT in use?? In configuration I have already disabled all auto run options! Or is the only remedy taking out the disk each time? -- regards, |\ /| | \/ |@rk \../ \/os On 5/28/2010 10:17 AM, Linea Recta wrote: > How can I prevent the DVD drive pinning up each time when NOT in use?? > In configuration I have already disabled all auto run options! > Or is the only remedy taking out the disk each time? Well it spins up even without a disc in the drive actually. It is just quieter and it realizes pret...

unavailable / faded grey buttons
I've had MC Outlook 2003 for 2 weeks. All working fine until today. The following buttons are faded and not accessible New Mail Message; reply; reply all; forward. Plus I cannot access Toolbar (within View) or Customise (within Tools) either. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. Do you have an active email account? If you do then try deleting outcmd.dat.dat and restart outlook. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "fistral" <fistral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A63847D3-F9B8-4911-BEB0-67DBE66B99C4@microsoft.com... > I've had MC Outlook 2003 for 2 weeks. All w...

How do I extract the month end value from a daily time series?
Hi. I have a financial time series (a two column array consisting of the columns 'date' and 'price') containing weekday values of a stock price. Weekends are missing, non trading weekdays are shown as n/a. I want to extract the calendar month end value only. I don't want to take monthly averages, or assume 30-day months the whole year round, or any other shortcut. I just want the spreadsheet to recognise the row in the spreadsheet with a price that is the last day of the month. For example, for this year, I would want to extract 12 rows (from an array of about 260) ...

Disable Plus Button
Is there any way that I can disable the plus button in Store Operations POS? Reason: Apparently the cashier will sometimes hit the plus button instead of the OK button then hit the OK button and not notice the last item being doubled up....if the customer is then paying by credit card they don't check the amount being charged and the transaction goes through. Well ...what I ended up doing was creating a COM addin which was essentially a small borderless form with a background picture of the plus button. This was positioned over the real plus button and when pressed displays a mes...

Close button on tabs
I have a tab control with icons + labels. I want to include a little 'x' on the top-right corner of each tab (a close button). I suspect I'm going to need to create a custom control. My question is: Is is possible to subclass or somehow utilize CTabCtrl so that I don't have to recreate the entire control form a CWnd or CStatic control? If so, how? Thank you all. You can owner-draw the CTabCtrl. Here is a sample. http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/tabcontrols/article.php/c2237 You could draw the "X" in the DrawItem() code. -SM On Sep 9, 2:56=A0am, Se...

"Map" button
Does the "Map" button exist in 2003 EXCELL Hi no, MS has disconitnued this support with Excel 2002 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "NLeites" <NLeites@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A47AFEDE-097D-4BDC-B1F5-CD902D880C95@microsoft.com... > Does the "Map" button exist in 2003 EXCELL You must now purchase MapPoint program which interfaces with Office apps. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:19:40 +0100, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >no, MS has disconitnued this suppo...

Excel should not automatically extend series or fill values
When copying values using the mouse, it would be great if there were an option in Tools | Options | Edit such the following: Automatically fill values or extend series based on cell content Always fill values Always extend series ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the me...

Cannot use copy record button on form with lookup box
Hi. I posted the following message on 12/01/09 but did not get any replies. I am unsure if it is an unanswerable question or not... Hi. I have two forms that I would like to add a copy record button to. But I get error messages [Run-time error 3414] when I try. It points to this line of code when I click debug: If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark After troubleshooting for a bit, I realized that both forms have lookup boxes in the form header section. If I delete the lookup box from the form I can add a duplicate record button without a problem. Is there anyway t...

changing value
Hiya guys and gals i need to make my cell m20, the same value as the last figure entered in cells a20:n20. eg. if a20 =200, B20=400, C20=800 and the rest are blank then N20 should be 800 hope i have explained this okay:eek: Regards James -- superkopite ------------------------------------------------------------------------ superkopite's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29496 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492006 James one way: =OFFSET($A20,,COUNTA($A20:$M20)-1) You seem to have confused m20 and n20 ...

Is there a keyboard shortcut for "paste values"?
or can I define one ? I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use right click menu every time Regards, Sirritys Ctrl+V -- Arvi Laanemets ( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee ) "Sirritys" <aki.koikkalainen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1154506998.485777.116140@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > or can I define one ? > > I'm really using a lot of paste values, and it's pain in the *** to use > right click menu every time > > Regards, > Sirritys > It is quite easy to define a...

How to disable CSpinButtonCtrl button
Hi, I just came across a piece of my old MFC code that I want to improve: A CSpinButtonCtrl is used to let the user browse through some database result sets. What I want to achieve is: When the first result is displayed, the left-arrow button of the CSpinButtonCtrl shall be disabled and when the user reaches the last result right-arrow button shall be disabled. I'm wondering what the easiest way to disable one of the two buttons is? Thanks, Guido ...

concatenate more column value
Hi All Any function can be simply below function , No VBA? Next time, I will try add 26 column value. =IF(TRIM(H2)&TRIM(I2)&TRIM(J2)&TRIM(K2)&TRIM(L2)&TRIM(M2)&TRIM(N2)&TRIM (P2)&TRIM(Q2)&TRIM(R2)&TRIM(S2)&TRIM(T2)<> "", "Y","N") moonhkt Hi This formula should do it: =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(TRIM(J2:T2)>""))>0,"Y","N") or =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(LEN(TRIM(J2:T2))>0))>0,"Y","N") Regards, Per "moonhkt" <moonhkt@gmail.com> ...

Button Icon graphics in Vista
The following works in WinXp (VS2002 IDE): CButton m_ButtonName; .... BOOL CMyDlg::OnInitDialog() { .... m_ButtonName.SetIcon (AfxGetApp()->LoadIcon(IDI_IconName)); .... } The "Icon" property in visual studio is set true for the button. There is no manifest file for the exe. But the above doesn't work in Vista. Specifically the icon graphics is missing/not showing. Also the button looks to be system drawn (vertical shading). Any ideas? Thanks... > CButton m_ButtonName; >... >BOOL CMyDlg::OnInitDialog() >{ >... > m_ButtonName.SetIcon (AfxGetApp...

Newbie question / plug in a value for a cell based on a range for that value
Hey guys, New to Excel so sorry if this explanation isn't the clearest in terms of correct terminology. In one section of my spreadsheet I have a list of percentage values associated with numbers 1-20. For example #10 is listed with the percentage value of 38.4% in the cell next to it (O14 and P14). In another section of the spreadsheet I have a quick formula that I'd like to use these %'s based on what number (1-20) is entered. In my spreadsheet the % I want to use for this #10 is listed in P14 (38.4%). What can I plug into my formula so when I enter "10" is kno...

Pre defined value in Text Box
I have input box that when certain criteria are met needs a predefined value in a text box within the input box. I have used the following code to try this but it doesn't seem to work Activity_Text.Text = "812402" Job_No_Text.Text = "" Rec_Point_Text.Text = "" Activity_Text, Job_No_Text and Rec_Point_Text are the named text boxes. When the input box opens the Activity text box is empty!!! Many thanks in advance ...

Incorrect value on the SMTP HELO/EHLO
I am looking for some help on this one. I inherited some exchange admin duties and to be honest it's not my specialty. We recently switched IP providers and our IP addresses changed. This also means we changed our DNS provider and I believe they have the appropriate zone records setup, although this may not be the case since I don't recall having this issue with our previous provider. When sending email to external email addresses we get NDR's from several different ISPs usually stating they are blocked because our IP address does not match the domain. The mailserver identifie...

Spin Off
Hey, I've entered the spinoff data for Medco Health solutions from Merck and Money 2000 running under Windows 2000 ME responds with "This operation cannot be performed" after the last piece of data is entered. A microsoft human suggested the data I'm entering must be bad. Thanks for looking at this, Anxious in Asheville I always hate having to send people down this path, but I fear you are a good candidate to read: http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. Good luck. <chernobog@charter.net> wrote in message news:04f501c3b946$d9cb3b50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'...

Sum Values depending on other values
I would like to have a formula in a single cell that will sum the values in range E:E if the corresponding value in G:G is >0. for example: Col G Col E 5 1 0 8 9 3 0 7 The sum of Col E is 4. Thanks, Bernie =SUMIF(G:G,">0",E:E) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "bw" <iamnu@cableone.net> wrote in message news:12060mofq6cef5c@corp.supernews.com... > I would like to have a formula in a single cell that will sum the values in > range E:E if the c...

Slow Response When Clicking on " New " Button
When I go to create a new email using the " New" button located right under the " file " tab and proceed to click on it..there is a long delay before it actually opens up the window for me to compose the email...it spins for about 3 seconds..give or take.Please help. ...