special characters problem

hi!

on my webpage I make a xls sheet dynamically, available for download.
text correctly displayed.

Now when opening the same file in excel, or even wordpad, all characters
with accents on, eg � or � are all badly displayed, resulting in mostly a
combination of an @ with another letter.

Does anyone know the cause, and if so, even a solution?
thank you very much in advance!

regards,
Steven De Groote

0
tomba (1)

Pointer problem
My pointer has changed to a cross. I can no longer use the pull down cell numbering. A post of July 26, 2003 sounds lust like what is happening to me. Gord Dibben supplioed a fix; Tools>Options>Edit, check Allow drag and drop....however, the fix does not work for me. Anyone got a clue? Ralphael, the OLD one Hello- Both Drag & Drop and AutoFill are controlled by that one checkbox, so it seems that something more needs to be known in order to offer a suggestion. Which version of XL & Windows, what do you mean by "pull down cell numbering"? What exactly are you tryi...

Filtering for fields with character
How can I filter for results that contain the charcter "(" ? For example if my fields are: A(2001) B(2004) C D(2055) E(2006) I would like to display results that contain parentheses brackets. I try filtering using the wildcard *(* but it does not work. On Sat, 15 May 2010 07:00:28 -0700 (PDT), Louis <leplatt@googlemail.com> wrote: >How can I filter for results that contain the charcter "(" ? > >For example if my fields are: > >A(2001) >B(2004) >C >D(2055) >E(2006) > >I would like to display results that ...

Maximum number of characters for task description
How do I increase the number of characters that will be accepted in the description section of a task? Right now there is a limit of 2000 characters on phone calls and tasks. You cannot increase the number of characters on an attribute after it is created, CRM 3.0 does not support this. You can only lower the limit. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/technical.aspx Web: http://www.aviva-it.nl "jthomas" wrote: > How do I increase the number of characters that will be accepted in the > description section ...

Problem with New HQ Database Install
I just installed HQ Server and Manager on a brand new PC. I tried to create a sample database from the RMShqsample.bck file, but when I try to open HQ Manager, I get this: Error #-2147217865 Invalid object name 'HQVersionHistory'. (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server) (SQL State: 42S02) (NativeError: 208) No Help file available SET NOCOUNT ON SELECT * FROM HQVersionHistory ORDER BY ID DESC Then another dialog comes up to tell me to check the database version. It does the same thing with the blank database... System details: HQ Admin reports Version 1.3....

Code Problem
I have the following : Form - 'frm_Contact_Complete' with - 'txtDateRequired' Subform - 'subfrm_Job_Complete' with - 'txtReadyOn' and 'txtWhyDelayed' and the code : "Private Sub txtReadyOn_AfterUpdate() If txtReadyOn > Forms!frm_Contact_Complete.txtRequiredBy Then Me.txtWhyDelayed.Visible = True Me.lblWhyDelayed.Visible = True Else Me.txtWhyDelayed.Visible = False Me.lblWhyDelayed.Visible = False End If End Sub" The code works up to a point - the textbox 'txtWhyDelayed' is hid...

Deleted and recreated user problem
Hi everyone, I am fighting this problem and I can use your help with it: Some time ago a user account got corrupted. It was deleted and recreated with the same name. Exchange mailbox was restored from backup. The user has many meetings in his calendar (over 3000) some of them reoccuring. He is the owner of most of them. When he edits a meeting and tries to send it he gets error: "You do not have permissions to send on behalf of this user" When I open the meeting, and click properties on the meeting organizer I see only x.400 address (from the deleted user), which is different tha...

Problem After Conversion from Access 97 to 2000
I have created a database file about 4MB in Access 1997, we have about 5 people in the office to use it, and there is no log in process. There is only one Main Menu and I have placed links to many forms on it. I have recently converted it into Access 2000. After conversion we often get the error message, "You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. Your design changes will not saved" when we input data in some of forms. Actually, the entry is saved even this message keeps popping up. I have tried to fix this problem by clicking on Debug command and Compile RW...

Outlook 2003 Send/Receive Problem #2
I upgraded to Outlook 2003 a couple weeks ago. Since then I've noticed a problem that I haven't seen mentioned. When I do a Send/Receive it functions fine with a few new messages to receive. But on a couple occasions I've been away and had a larger number of email to receive when I got back. It gets part of the way thru and just hangs. If I stop and restart, it does the same, stopping at the same point. I end up having to access my email thru the web interface and delete some of the messages. Then Outlook will receive them all. Yesterday I had 35 messages and it hung at...

CRM Email Tracking Problem
In outlook when creating an email within my outlook, i click on track regarding and pick an account, the out going email does get captured with the crm, but the reply back does not, even though it does have the tracking number? exchange 2003, server 2003, crm pro 3.0 is thier a service pack or hot fix for this probem? Frank.Perryman@DadeService.com Thanks ...

Office 98 Office Manager Problem
Hello Folks. This is my first post here. System: Powerbook G3 Series 1999 running Mac OS 9.2.2 Installed Office 98 from original CD after cleaning hard drive. "Customize..." in Office Manager menu does nothing. Opening Microsoft Office Manager Control Panel does nothing. Any ideas please? Am I missing a file from value pack? Thanks. Gordon F. Howell ghowell(NOSPAM)@princemusictheater.org or GFHowell(NOSPAM)@aol.com ...

Creating a character limit
Is it possible to create a limit on how many characters can be entered into a cell? E.g. limiting a cell to a maximum of 25 characters. Data > Valadation > Allow > Text Length > set parameters. HTH Regards, Howard "Darin" <Darin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15E854DE-4779-4056-9818-ACEED59CEC59@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to create a limit on how many characters can be entered > into a > cell? E.g. limiting a cell to a maximum of 25 characters. Use Data | Validation "Darin" <Darin@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Problem after Cross Site move to Exchange 2003
I have moved a few mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 site to an Exchange 2003 Site within the same Org and when users from the old E55 site try and send messages to the users who were moved they receive the following NDR but the message seems to be delivered anyway. The recipient could not be processed due to congestion in the message transfer service Any help is greatly appreciated, JoeAHM Issue was resolved it was due to an old non-existant server making the mta queues get backed up. "JoeAHM" <joseph.gonzalez@americanhm.com> wrote in message news:OjOOrB1AHHA.4060@TK2...

after hibernate connecting problem
Hi everyone, If you can help me, i will be very pleasure. So, I have problem after hibernate connect to exchange. My internet is working, i can pinging to exchange server but outlok 2007 can not to connect exchange 2007 server until restart the computer. I close the application and restart but it's still can't. dou you have any idea? server: exchange 2007 client: windows 7 7600 - outlook 2007 sp2 . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com gkhnckr wrote on Tue, 11 May 2010 08:33 > Hi everyone, > > If you can help me, i will be very pleasure. &...

News in outlook 2003 problem
Hi all, I have accidentally deleted News from the "tools/customize/commands" to add to the "go". Even after re-installing Office 2003 pro it does not appear. Any ideas how I get it back? Many thanks Spence Spencer <warthog@nospam.com> wrote: > I have accidentally deleted News from the "tools/customize/commands" > to add to the "go". > > Even after re-installing Office 2003 pro it does not appear. > Any ideas how I get it back? Asked and answered innumerable times. Use search to find them. -- Brian Tillman Make sure Outlo...

OWA Exch 2003 The handle is invalid problem
My system W2K (upgrade from NT 4.0 Server PDC) Exch 2003 Standard (upgrade from 5.5->2000->2003) There is no problem with opening mailbox from normal Outlook. When i login to OWA the messeage "The handle is invalid" appear. I read all KB in MS Support about OWA and Exch 2003 and my system meet all dependencies. Before changes the Exchange Path = SMTP address of the user (secondary) only administrator can login to OWA. Now both admin and normal user cannot. In syslog i have got messeges: DAVEX has successfully started. Version: 6.5.6944.4 DAVEX to be shutdown. Version: 6.5.69...

RE: URGENT!! Enquiry regarding CRM problem
Hi! Thanks for directing to Techknowledge... However, I am sorry that I couldn't find the techknowledge in the whole Microsoft website...Would you mind pls forwarding me more info.? A Million Thanks >-----Original Message----- > >Look for Techknowledge 34755. >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >After installing the CRM, I encountered some problem while trying to access >thorugh web services, in which the following error returns: > > >********************************************************** ** >MSCRM Application Error Report: &g...

Problem with email template and Case Resolution Description
I would like to add the description from the Case Resolution form to a Case email template. These fields are not available to insert, so I thought I might be able to do so by simply putting this in the email - {!Case Resolution:Description;}. I get an error stating that there is no entity named Case Resolution. In testing, if I insert a data value from the Account or Case in the email template and then try to type that same data value, exactly as it was entered using the Insert/Update button, the "typed" data value results in the same error above - no entity named Account (...

Problems Sending Via IMAP Account
I am desperately hoping someone can help because this is sending me nuts and I shall be eternally grateful. I am running Windows XP with Outlook 2003 and I have an Exchange account and an IMAP account. I do not connect regularly to the Exchange Server - I don't really need to. When I have an internet connection (but not necessarily a connection to the Exchange Server) I can receive mails for the IMAP account with no problem at all using 'send / receive'. However, I cannot send from the IMAP account. The mail goes into the Exchange outbox (which I understand is correct) but never ...

Date problem #3
I'm preparing an employee course attendance list. There is a column for date course attended and another for when it needs to be updated using format for adding one, 2 or whatever years to the course attended column (there are lots of courses). At the moment the course attended columns are blank (it will take me a while to fill in the dates). The course update column shows 31/12/1900. As I add the date the employee attends a course this changes to the correct update date. But it is driving me mad that I can't make 31/12/1900 disappear when the cell that the formula is based on ...

Deleting problem with a record
Hi, I was encountering a problem when deleting a record, such as an opportunity. The error message is "The record cannot be deleted because it is read-only." How do we go around with this problem? Benjsoft, Is there an active Quote associated with this opportunity? If so then that would prevent you from deleting either the quote or the opportunity that it derived from. Alex "Benjsoft" <Benjsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C90B1D4-AA62-4A43-A56E-7297BB30A0FA@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I was encountering a problem when deleting a ...

Office XP LDAP problem
Whenever I press the Check Names button to complete an address, I get error window that says Can't Contact LDAP Directory Server. I don't have an Exchange Account set up, although I did at one time. You can remove the LDAP address book provider from you profile. See Tools | Email accounts | View/Change address book | Highlight LDAP and remove it. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to recent events in spam and malicious programs, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Greg" <gwikle@triad.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23$tEiIW8DHA.1356@tk2msftngp1...

A Second ACH Problem
We have some employees that routinely have several transactions in the direct deposit ACH file. For instance, they may have part of their pay going to checking and part to savings. In a number of the cases, the checking account record appears correctly, but the savings account trx does not show up in the checkbook part of GP. Again, the GL and PR modules are correct... just some of the records within the ACH file hit the checkbbok and others don't. How can we correct this? Thanks in advance! ...

Problem opening Web Pages IE 6.0 & XP (SP2) users
Hi, I'm having problems with users with IE 6.0 and XP Service Pack 2, accessing a web page generated by Visio 2003 (SP1). If they click on a hyperlink that opens a new page, they just get a blank screen, and the only soruce is the open/close HTML tags. This isn't a problem with IE 6.0 and XP Service Pack 1. Is there a setting within SP2 under IE that is preventing these pages from loading? I've tried turning on/off various settings in IE (i.e. Active X, Java, selecting different page encodings, etc.), but nothing seems to make a difference. Is there a fix or a work arou...

CRichEditCtrl won't let me scroll past 4093 character
I can paste more characters than that, but pressing End key I can only see up to the character 4093. After that, If I try to scroll using arrow keys, I hear a beep. If I type new text, it pushes the old text to the right and I can never see it, the only way to see that text is to delete text to the left of it. Caret cursor also disappears. This is in Visual Studio 2005 on Vista. See my other problem related to text length and a CEdit control in this same newsgroup. How can I display 50000 characters in a single line in my dialog? Did you mark it as a "multiline" edit control?...

exchange server 2003 instalation problem(setup stop at config for registry of Miscellaneous Atom).
Hello: I've tried to install exchange server 2003 on my computer(operating system is that windows 2003 evaluation verson, installing on NTFS file system, other disks is FAT32.), but when it config for registry of Miscellaneous Atom, it stop there waiting, and do nothing again. How can I resolve this problem? The following is the log file' content for exchange server 2003 evaluation verson: ....... [02:26:28] Configuring registry entries for Services Atom [02:26:28] Entering CRegistryManager::ScProcessFile [02:26:28] ++++ Starting interpreter on file d:\exchange 2003\e3eevaeng\setup...